Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Moonlit song

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ
Clxe04R.png

the-mandalorian-ch-20-concept-art-11_32d25818.png

REBEL ENCAMPMENT, ORDO. 1900 HOURS.

A soft melody would drift in unison with the howling wind through the cool night air, softening the previously harsh backdrop of the rocky canyon where the Mandalorians had made camp tonight. They had come here to gather with another clan before making their way to the Mandalore system in hopes of rallying with Raona Cadera's rebellion against the Imperial Remnant.

None here, save a certain Twi'lek, had seen Cadera in person nor even fought beneath her defiant banner before. Most were younger warriors, sharing their grand ambitions over the crackling fire pit or sharing tales once told by fathers or mothers who had since fallen to the imperial war machine.

It filled Tae'l with a bittersweet sense of nostalgia. Ordo is where it all began, after all. Her first battle, fought beside the crusaders of Death Watch. The true Kyr'tsad, not like Apollyon's butchers. It reminded her of being a young soldier again, without the complications of clan politics nor fear of failure in the eyes of her mother. Despite what some would day, the cult had made her more welcome and more in tune with her ancestors than anyone else could. Or perhaps, ever would.

But these were not Children of the Watch.

Merely strangers united in their objective, and little else. To get close with them would be to expose herself to mother's hounds again. Already she heard rumors that The Black Fleet was striking imperial vessels near Concord Dawn, and her "name" had already caught the attention of a hunter or two. They thought they were investigating a missing person's case, perhaps even "liberating" a mind-slave from the Sith.

Little did they know that
"The girl with the Golden Gun" was a runaway.

So rather than joining her comrades in conversation or boasting, she continued to play her flute away from the others, sat atop a boulder overlooking the canyon beyond the fire's light. No one would see her face, as they would have to approach from behind, allowing her this small moment of peace to play a song and watch the stars shift with her own eyes.

She could wait until morning to run from the hunters, perhaps.

Katyusha Jarko Katyusha Jarko

p1UD36K.png

Moonlight Song​

Recon was never a task that Yuna favored. Even as Katyusha, she hardly cared for it. Now with the Empire cracking like glass, she felt herself now more than ever pondering the point of all this. Mandalorian heritage allowed her to walk among her ‘people’ to a degree, but shame around the name she had chosen followed.

Westwind seemed forever a taboo name in the ledger of the clans, but she was not unused to such hostility. She had a use for the Empire, in that she was malleable. Able to move about without much trouble. Her powers with the Force enabled her to do things others could not. Her Sith upbringing enabled her to know things others should not have, and her adoptive father introducing her into the Mandalorian culture proved useful. So much so, she often wondered if this was the path she was meant to take.

The path of course, being that of Mandalore, rather than carry forth the bloodied tattered flag the the Imperial Remnant. Having saw among her fellow Mandalorians that evening, she pondered the right time to strike, having had everything on their numbers. Their position, and their plans would be critical to the success of this mission, and yet...

Tayl. She had been trusted to protect the Twi'lek years ago, and though her loss had...effectively terminated her connection with Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla and others, she still found herself pondering on the woman during nights like this.

She didn't know why.

Much less liked it, but, she still thought of her. Mostly, of what could have been had she remained. Maybe, finally, be free of the Imperial influence. Or..maybe dead. She couldn't really say.

Perched on a rock outcropping, she eyed the group from afar, her gut clenching tightly as she considered the homing beacon on her gauntlet. From her binoculars, she kept tabs on them all, though, what struck her most was how far away she was from the other, taking solace in the night it seemed. Something...that Katyusha herself longed for. The embrace of night.

She pushed herself up on the rock, knowing that she had put this off for too long.

Yuna Westwind had just been a cover, and if the rest of her people wouldn't respect it, then she'd burn them with it.

And yet...as she attempted to switch on the tracker...she hesitated. It felt wrong, doing it this way, from the shadows.

No, if she was going to kill them, she'd confront them in the open, without wearing the garb of their own people

This..could wait a few more hours. At least. Yuna didn't need these people gone, Katyusha did, however.

She pushed herself off the rock, letting herself slide down the cliff side, and ignored the small nods of acknowledgement from the scattered Mandalorians. Her steps slowed as she approached the woman in the shadows, her head looking upwards to the display of stars up ahead, and again, pondered if there was anything out there in that great beyond that could truly be hers.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Today would be her last night as Yuna Westwind.

Tonight, would serve as her wake.
Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

Clxe04R.png

The sound of someone approaching brought an end to the flute player's song, who let it trail off steadily until the last notes were complete. By the time Yuna would reach her, The Twi'lek had finished sliding her helm. Only a glimpse of lavender skin and black tattoos on the alien's scalp could be caught, soon masked in gleaming chrome like the rest of her, save for the occasional rough golden plate or rust-brown paint.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Very," she sighed gently, pointing at one of the brighter objects with her flute

"I think that one is Mandalore. Closest I've ever gotten, though"

Her clawed fingers traced the wooden flute gently, oddly blackened finger tips playing at the texture like a child in thought. Something seemed... familiar to her. At first she thought it was just the planet itself, or perhaps her musings of Mandalore had brought on some Deja vu, but there was something else.

Was it that voice...?

Then she regarded the other Mandalorian from over her shoulder, only to freeze up as a familiar suit of armor reflected the moonlight back at her. Where had she seen it before? The last time she had fought beside her own kind was a few years ago now, until today. Many faces and many more helmets had come and gone in that time, The now veteran Twi'lek having all but forgotten what it was like to hunt in a pack.

Then it came to her: Westwind? Yes, from Motesta... Yuna! She served with us more than once.

Though Tae'l's armor had changed a great deal since they last spoke, she was unsure that Yuna- if that was indeed the same woman under there- wouldn't recognize her. She had already spoken enough that the white-clad one might, or perhaps she already knew that Tae'l would be here!

If she was still working for mother, than it certainly possible.

Keep it together, Tae'l! don't blow your cover if you don't have to! Let her make the first move.

p1UD36K.png

Moonlight Song​

The last of the music died off, and Yuna couldn't help but feel a pulse of sadness as she closed the gap between the other warrior. Standing with her arms crossed before her, she nodded respectfully as the woman placed the helmet back over her head, her gaze remaining to the sky. The voice of the Twi'lek stirred like a ripple against the pond of her mind, though she quickly put it aside. Not ever Twi'lek was Tae'l, and though the voice sounded similar...no.

It couldn't be. She was tired of lying to herself. "Not many have. There isn't alot to see you know. I went myself...trying to find meaning." She said softly, before sighing. "There's nothing it can offer you, that you can't find on other worlds. True purpose, comes from the community one creates. Or destroys." She remarked, that sense of loss, sadness creeping up once more. "And we've lost so many already." She lamented, her voice now stained with the same disdain she held for the task before her. "In all my years, I've never had a family. Every time I thought I held one, it crumbled...and to look at these stars..." She trailed off, as if losing what point she was trying to make, before regaining it. "It's depressing to know that in the end, I'm a clan of one. Hehe...but, suppose we all are, no?" She let her gaze drop, letting it linger on her gauntlet, then shifting it back to the Twi'lek. "We have to make our own meaning in this galaxy I suppose." She finished, feeling a tad bit silly for her ramble, thoughts turning to what to be done with her armor once she departed.

Probably best to leave it behind with the fallen, be a nice end to things, without others looking to find her.

Last edited:
Clxe04R.png

She listened to Yuna's story in attentive silence. It felt... strange, living this double life, speaking to someone she knew in the guise of a stranger. Even the moral of that story was like a Kal stuck deep in her gut.

"We have to make our own meaning in this galaxy I suppose."

"Probably for the best," She sighed, turning to face the stars as her mind wandered.

"A warrior has to think and act for herself. Follow her heart she has nothing left to guide her, or else what separates us from beasts?"

There was a mournful tinge to her words at first, be it towards the state of the Mando'ade or perhaps her own circumstances, but then it grew into something else. Something darker beneath that melancholy voice.

"Family if overrated. A bond forged in law- not fire- is like a gold chain: Pretty to look at, but a fragile lie"

Her grip steadily tightened as she stared into Mandalore's reflective surface as if it were a mirror.

"I too wished for that bond. But I learned a valuable lesson: A warrior is more than her name, or what banner she fights under. So long as she keeps fighting. It's... Hard... So hard, but once you come to understand it, a lost bond cannot test your footing. Keep marching on- not for them or what was lost- but for yourself. That is a warrior's path"

She took a deep breath then, deciding to conclude her own ramblings that amounted to little more than what she wished someone would have told her years ago. It almost felt shameful to speak of, and yet it stoked such bitter passion in her soul. If the manda even saw fit to let her have one these days.

"I'm sorry... The topic of one's clan hits close to home. I don't need to tell you how alienating it can be"

The young woman brought her knees in close, laying her arms and head over them tiredly.

"What about you? what meaning brings you here, if not another's?"

p1UD36K.png

Moonlight Song​
"To be of Mandalore, means to be bother hunter, and prey. Though, we aim to always be the hunter. Though, even the most dominate predator falls victim to time." She mused to Tae'ls reference to being little more than beasts. She supposed, in a way, they were both jaded on this whole crusade. The chase for honor, and what seemed to be a self destroying flame.

Then she went quiet, listening to the woman's rambles, shaking her head as reminders of Tael' crawled to the surface. She just forced it out. Telling herself to stop thinking about the woman. Though, finally, she managed to stop, listening to the final notes of the woman's statement. "I'm the last of my clan, and the shame of the once Mandalore, looms like a shadow...that crushes any who loom underneath it. You don't need to explain." She said softly, allowing herself to sit, and eventually, she allowed herself to remove her helmet. The dry wind struck her across the face, the heat providing a strange wake up call from the comfort of her suit.

Her old helmet settled in her lap, giving Tae'l no doubt in her mind as to who she was speaking with, though Yuna seemed to not pay much mind to who she spoke with. "I came, hoping for better. I'll leave soon enough, knowing it was far beyond my reach. I'm here to die, and the last of Westwind, can finally be put to pasture." She said firmly, her grip on her helmet slowly slipping, a small bit of numbness coming over her at the thought of putting to bed the heritage she had taken upon herself.

Clxe04R.png

Jaded was certainly a way of describing Tae'l. Clan Vizsla's scalpel had grown into a manchette with jagged edges, though it kept an edge even still.
"I came, hoping for better. I'll leave soon enough, knowing it was far beyond my reach. I'm here to die, and the last of Westwind, can finally be put to pasture."

Honestly it was things like this that had developed it to be so uneven.

"Hmph. For what?" She spat
"Take a look around you... Look at their armor. New paint here, a foundling's first scratches there. Most of them weren't even born into a world where a Mand'alor still lived. Gather them 'round, shout your name if you want.

...No one remembers"

Something had changed in that moment. She didn't know if it was old wounds opening or some sick sense protective duty towards her vod, but something had stirred inside the Twi'lek that she didn't understand. Even after all this time without her chip, these emotions still felt so alien.

"If you truly believe that only you can find meaning, Why die for something that's already dead...? That's between them and The Manda. I understand welcoming death, But we're survivors. Why seek death when you can make death wait, or come to you, Make death fight on your terms? At the very least, make sure your song is about you.

Don't throw your life away, all for a name"
p1UD36K.png

Moonlight Song​
She gave a soft laugh, her one eye looking to the Twi'lek, wanting to try and examine her body language. "It's not the young blood that this memory lingers with, but rather, the old guard who harbor themselves away from me, those that know of the past, and the failures of Kreslin the Draft, the Mand'alor that blindly walked our people into oblivion."

She paused for a moment, looking back to space, and slowly allowed herself to lay back, pulling the helmet away from the edge, and stowing it beside her. Head resting against the rough rock, she stewed for a moment on the woman's words, wondering on how much faith she could truly put into them. If these words truly could mean something more to her. "I don't think you understand, I intend for this song to be my own. A peace to make with my past, to cut myself free, to...make amends with my failings." Then, like clarity, it all dawned upon her on how she would end the tale of Yuna Westwind.

She would die by the hand of her own Imperial comrades. Perhaps that would be better, than to betray the very memory of Tay'l, and others. "Not every death needs to be song to memory, or be carved into stone for all time to remember. Sometimes, it can just be that personal battle...that singular drive to defeat one's inner demon...to find that rest you crave. I-"

She paused for a moment longer, before speaking. "I failed in my charge, years ago, to protect someone. It was my mission, my assignment, to protect this person...you see. At first, I had just viewed it as a mere objective. But...when they were gone, I realized that I had done more than just failed a mission. I failed them, and, myself. I destroyed something that I had spent years of my life looking for, you see?"

She looked to the Twi'lek, pushing herself up slowly from the ground. "I'm not suicidal, believe it or not. But...I do feel, that my use to those I called a clan, is near an end. Life is for living, nor surviving. We are not animals, we are people. We crave love, and friends, good food, drink... I can't find comfort in these things, any longer. I think death beckons for me, issues me a challenge, and I feel compelled to take it." She paused for a moment, eyes flickering to the darken shape of her own helmet. "Do you understand what it is, I say? I know you hardly know me, but...I've waged more war than you could know. I've been in war since I was six years old. Death will be seized by me, not the other way around."

She looked to the device on her gauntlet, a small flicker of conviction coming back to her through the numbing sensation that earlier impacted her. She was tired of lying to herself, of allegiances, of false facades. This could be her way to make meaning of it all. In spite of everything. "I'm not throwing this away for a name. I'm embracing it, to atone."

For once in a long while, she was starting to feel very certain about the words she spoke.

Clxe04R.png

Her anger grew cold as the story went on. Perhaps she had merely forgotten after these past few years, but she and Yuna were singing a similar verse in their songs now, and it was hard to hear from someone else. Especially her opinion on survival, which had become the Twi'lek's lifestyle by now.

"I see..."

She regarded her old friend with a deep nod, and turned to stare at the stars again.

"We... share that in common, I suppose. An internal desire to atone... I might make a pilgrimage to Mandalore's surface some day. There's something there that's... personal to me. But I don't know if I'm ready just yet"

Then Tae'l looked at her with a curious tilt, perhaps nostalgia for the strange meeting or even just the absurdity of their situation had defused the anger or sorrow within, eliciting a peculiar and dry laugh that still hadn't changed after all this time.

"
Eheh... You're wrong about one thing though: I know more than you think" One could almost see that fanged smile as she shook her head. Whether she was talking about war or knowing Yuna was left to the imagination, but she liked to think that Yuna might catch on somehow.

"I was cloned for battle. Since the moment I could walk, it was all orders and strategy. Killing is my first language, Mando'a my second. And this quiet?"

She gestured to the shadow and moonlight all around them

"This is strange... Like a tongue you know but cannot speak. Us, sitting here, sharing our struggles- even arguing over their meaning- it's all so new to me, even now.

Ironic, isn't it? that we feel most alive when closest to death"

She stifled another bittersweet chuckle.

"I wish you luck, Westwind, In finding a fulfilling end. But something tells me you've still got a little left to sing, maybe more than you realize"

p1UD36K.png

Moonlight Song​
That did the deal for her, spiritually that was. As Yuna slid her helmet off to the side. She wouldn't be needing it anymore. "Well, when you're ready, you'll do it. If you weren't, you wouldn't squeeze yourself into that armor every day." She said confidently. She sat up, looking to the Twi'lek at the hint that there was something Yuna didn't know of. Though the revelation that followed made her cackle. "Clone, huh...might explain the familiarity I have off you then. Sound awfully cute for Mandalorian, and there's not many I think that of."

She fell silent though, looking to the pale light that encompassed them, and she let out a soft sigh. "We live in a galaxy defined by battle that consume stars. I imagine most people can't grasp the idea of quiet in a time like this, and not everyone has the connections I do." For the first time in a long while, she reached out, feeling for the life outside of her senses, feeling the ground, the rock, the breeze, and the very currents that threaded through her hair. "Death, isn't death, just another turning of life. It's peaceful, when given properly. But it is quite nice to bond with such a warrior as yourself."

She forgot what it was like at times, removing herself from the Force, for months on end. Even in combat, she hardly allowed her senses to run this freely, but out here, she could do that.

Then, it finally struck her. The familiarity, the voice, it all came slamming into her. The mental image of her face under the beskar though, paired with her own signature in the force...there could be no mistaking it. Her expression locked onto the woman she now sensed as Tay'l, and just looked upon her with a blank expression.

She attempted to say something, anything that she might use to welcome back a friend.

But the reality struck her across the face. Tayl had seen her face, heard her speak, and...said nothing. The intent seemed rather evident. The rest of the conversation fell in line like a sick joke, and slowly, Yuna find herself rising, her blank expression reshaping into a one as cold and stoic as she could muster. She didn't feel pain really, but rather, a mix of disappointment, a touch of shock. Tayl had moved on, wanted nothing to do with her or the others...and Yuna would have to respect that. "Well, hopefully not. I never had much of a singing voice. It...was nice to see you again." She managed to get out, righting herself, and moving to depart. Her helmet remained behind, no longer needed where Yuna planned to go. "I have good intel that Imperial ships will be swinging by in a few hours. I'd advise not staying around. They'll be looking for me. Sing on, Viper."

With that, she would begin to trudge away from Tae'l. Her gaze directed skyward, pondering what the next few hours would have in store for her.

Clxe04R.png

"Neither do I, but enough ale will make any ballad shine" She laughed as one would with friends. It was supposed to be a warm moment, where she could forget about running or hiding behind false names, But then Yuna left...

"I have good intel that Imperial ships will be swinging by in a few hours. I'd advise not staying around. They'll be looking for me. Sing on, Viper."
Fear was not something Tae'l had gotten used to, neither had she made peace with anger nor sorrow since removing that damned chip. Whichever had crept into her chest in that moment, it had taken hold quickly.

"Yuna...!" She was stood between the moon and her now, casting a long shadow beside her old friend. And from that shadow, one could see her open hand, hovering beside a pistol with disciplined restraint.

The song had taken a sudden, dark twist, and she wasn't quite ready for it. Tae'l would've liked to think that she had an ear for details, and as much as she wished to be wrong, Yuna's warning had been directed to her solely and the phrasing was eerily similar to something she would've said herself, if only to avoid outright lying while still maintaining her own cover.

It was just something you learned to sniff out, After betrayal, after betrayal,
after betrayal...
Yet, she wasn't ready for another. Not this time.

"What Intel, Yuna...?! What are you saying?"

p1UD36K.png

Moonlight Song​

Tae'l's voice brought her to a halt, her senses in the force alerted her to the tension in Tae'l's body, the pulse of alarm in her mentality, though she kept her back to the Twi'lek, hand slowly raising as she turned to face her slowly. Did she still care, or was this some sort of cover that was being tossed up now? She frankly couldn't tell.

"I thought you died...and here you are...." She muttered, her one eye locked onto Tae'l, a faint expression of hurt coming over her face now. "...I missed you, you know that? Drove me fething crazy thinking that I failed you, let you and everyone else down..." She sighed, looking to the device on her wrist, raising it up. Tae'l was clearly focused on the intel side of things, and if that's what the woman wanted, then that's what she was going to get. "I nabbed an Imperial tracking device, was planning on setting up an ambush, but I'm running out of time." She admitted, letting her arm fall back down by her side. "I'm not getting any more of our people killed in this, especially you. When they get here, they'll just find me, on my own. They're expecting a whole chapter of our warriors, and they'll find...just one. Waste of their fething time I'd say."

She kicked at the dirt, pausing for a moment, glancing back up to Tae'l. "I don't know where this leaves us, but...I honestly thought you were dead....I'm glad you're still here, even if you'd rather not see me."

Now it came down to Tae'l on how this whole thing went down.

Clxe04R.png

Tae'l continued to stare in silence, whether debating her next move or simply processing the information, who was to say when a visor stood between them? And though her dominant hand remained just within reach of a loaded gun, the other fell limply at her side.

"Guess you were right after all, Yuna... there's a lot about you I don't know"

Any other day, anyone else, and she would have either shot or hauled them off for the others to deal with as they see fit. Honestly, she'd killed for far less. Tae'l hadn't a doubt in her mind that she wasn't a good person, even if she felt that there was reason for her to be the woman she'd become. But there was one line even she wouldn't cross: You have your friend's backs, till you all die or they don't have yours.

With that in mind, she growled at the thought, and marched right up to Yuna...

"You just had to make this complicated, didn't you..."

She reached for Yuna's wrist with her Grav-gaunt- specifically the one with a tracker on it- and began walking her back around the boulder where they could hopefully resume in private.

"Follow. Quietly"

p1UD36K.png

Moonlight Song​

She tried to get a read on what Tae’l was going to do, but ultimately failed. Without trying to make her force powers obvious, she couldn’t do much more than analyze the initial changes in Tae’l’s mood, and body language. That was it. “It goes both ways, Tae’l. I thought you were dead this whole time.”

She sighed, watching as that weapon remained primed and within reach. Had the woman’s paranoia gotten that bad? If she intended on killing her, the Twi’lek had better moved fast. With her force abilities attuned and her own body tensed and ready, Yuna mentally prepared herself for what might unfold next. But combat didn’t take to the front this time it seemed. “I was going to go off and die in the desert. I don’t see how it gets any more complicated than that.” She states, but she didn’t resist as her wrists were seized and herself told to follow.

Seeing little reason to start a fight now, she did just that, going off with Tae’l as she still felt in some degree of power. “Whatever issue you have with me can wait, now let me get back to my ship before this damn device goes off”

Last edited:
Clxe04R.png

Tae'l paid no heed to the warning, proceeding like a woman on a mission. She wasn't gentle, but neither was she outright hostile.

"No! You can't just die to run away from this" She hissed, practically tearing away Yuna's gauntlet as she pulled straps and yanked the metal away in both hands.

And without warning, she threw it as far into the canyon as she could manage, immediately turning around to grab Yuna's shoulder with the other hand, and jab an accusatory finger at her armor.

"Now you listen to me very carefully: You saw an Imperial scout and he shot at us, so I disintegrated him, leaving no body. Do you understand?"
p1UD36K.png

Moonlight Song​
Yuna was a bit taken aback by Tae'l's reaction, the apathy she had succumbed to slowly shifted into outright confusion, as what seemed to her as a friend blowing her off, now took form into them trying to intervene on behalf of her. Having the device ripped off her gauntlet, Yuna attempted to seize it back, and failed. "Wait, no, don't-" Her words died in her throat as she watched the device sail up and away, before disappearing into the canyon.

Then Tae'l seized her, jabbing her finger into Yuna's chestplate, demanding her abide by this imaginary story she had just made up. Yuna's expression went from cold to fiery in an instant, as she pushed back. "Who the hell do you think you are, pulling some fething act like that, huh? You just make us think you're dead, act like you don't know me when I start talking to you-"

She let out a loud groan, reaching up and knocking Tae'l's hand off her shoulder. "Fine, you want me to keep lying to people, then we can play by your rules, Tally." She looked over her gauntlet, trying to inspect if it was damaged.

She could have just snatched the comm out of the air before it broke her line of sight, but...she didn't want Tally to know about her gift, or anyone for that manner. Most people she worked with in the NIO back in the day still didn't know half of what her abilities were. She glanced back to Tayl, her hardened gaze staring into that visor, though her mind eye could see right through it.

She just wanted to know one thing. Why?

Clxe04R.png

"Tally is dead!" She growled, staring back defiantly.

"She died long before you knew that name, And she Is. Never. Coming. Back"

Her presence in the force had become so dark in so little time, radiating a burning hatred that reached depths beyond what this interaction should be capable of. Because it wasn't directed toward Yuna. This had all just been a catalyst to remind her why she left, she had stolen herself from Yuna and why such bonds had been stolen from herself.

"I am never going back to Clan Vizsla"

Then she turned to face the stars again, taking a sharp breath as her secondary pistol was drawn, flipping through it's various settings without even looking.

"And you are never going back to The Empire, dead or alive... Because we are leaving this place. Tonight.

Call it an act, but I did what I had to back then. And I'll do it again"

p1UD36K.png

Moonlight Song​
She stood there, taking in this cyst of darkness steaming from the woman, and how unbalance it made her. It reminded her of the Sith, new fledged acolytes, ones that had just finished crossing over, yet threads of their past lives held them in state of unstable that they would come off as unhinged to others. What the hell happened to her during her hiatus?

When she stated her intentions on never going back to Clan Vizsla, she merely nodded slowly, having had no intentions on making her go, but her later statement softened her glare to that of a pensive stare. They were going together?

She could abide by that. "I have no intentions on taking you back, I didn't even know you were here." She said, her hand settling onto her blaster grip, though she didn't grab it, yet. "Whatever your reasons, I'll hear them out. But I do want to hear them. If you want me, then you'll have me." She reached out with her free hand, and almost pulled the helmet back towards her, before thinking better of it.

"I never cared much for arguing, truth be told." She said softly, stepping closer to Tae'l, before moving past to retrieve her helmet. "Twi'lek girls are my one weakness after all." She finished, taking the aged steel into her hand, and tucking it under her arm, looking back to the Twi'lek. "Your ship or mine?"

Clxe04R.png

"Hmph. Always were a flirt, weren't you"

Tae'l might never get used to that. Maybe she was making progress before, but all this time alone with no chip had left confused perhaps too harsh to get that from most people. Well, most.

"I've only got one seat... hope you've got room"

But despite her demeanor, she'd still learned to trust a few people here and there. It was hard, but the effort was being made. It had to be, to allow someone so close without line of sight, or to board their ship so suddenly after so long. The hope that she wouldn't regret it must have been strong enough, as was the lingering thought that she still might.

"I'm so tired... tired of the lies and betrayals. tired or running... and fighting other Mandalorians. But I still have a few of each to put up with before I'm finally free"

She turned to Yuna then, voice weary and small.

"I've been there, Yuna... and we deserve better"

p1UD36K.png

Moonlight Song​
"Only with the ones I like. You're not blushing though, you toughened up, Violet."

She was her retort. It made her wonder if Tally believed this to be a somewhat normal occurrence...but the reality was that Yuna did like her. Quite a bit. But she'd keep that to herself, it did no good airing such things, especially now. She had to be mad still, even if she was feeling all sorts of things for seeing Tally once more.

"I got room for the two of us, and gear. We'll make it work. Fallex Class Freighter, used to move goods around, or...military hardware if you know where to get it. I might be able to fit your ship even."

She paused at that, as she realized that she had never allowed someone to accompany her on her ship before.

It was a mess.

She had never cleaned it up. Her armory was so disorganized. She didn't clean her dishes. She was entirely unprepared for this outcome.

A sense of anxiety swept over her like she hadn't felt in years, though she composed herself, and soldiered on. "Then, we'll free ourselves together then, if you can perish the thought." She spoke, stepping back towards Tally, moving to where they were a few inches away from one another.

She spoke softly, almost a whisper, as she locked eyes on Tally, subtly reaching out with the Force, trying to ease her concerns and fears, patching the pain and emotionally turmoil she was still radiating...or at least trying to. "It's okay...whatever it is you're trying to get away from, you got me to help you now, okay?" She reached down to Tally's blaster hand, and if allowed, would raise it to allow Tally a clean shot at her head if she so wished it; though she already knew such an action would be...unlikely. Least she hoped. "If at any point you doubt that, I won't stop you from pulling that trigger, okay?" She smiled, or tried to, before stepping back.

"Now...lets get the hell out of here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom