Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission of Mercy

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
If she were a deer, her ears would have perked up to the sound of her host's proximity...or more to the fact that her queen had also been within the sound of her voice.

Marina's jaw dropped as she looked over to Bekka, mouthing a silent OMG.
If [member="Alexandra Russo"] had picked up on what she was saying about the gardens, then so did her queen!
She had not meant to mention that she had noticed her queen getting more shapely...and in a good way actually. Marina herself had quite a time keeping what little curves she managed to acquire, as her metabolism was that of a deer in constant motion. She burned all that she consumed...and then some. That was why on many occasions Marina took the opportunity to at least sample local cuisines ...otherwise she would wind up burning more calories than she normally would consume.

But it wasn't so much her comment on her queen looking more attractive with a few kilos gained that was the shocker. It was the very idea of talking about her queen in such a casual manner. Queen [member="Faith Organa"] deserved much more care in that respect.
But aside from her silently mouthing her boo-boo, she got another shocker..
Had lady Russo congratulated her queen..on her pregnancy?
Was her queen with child? Another Royal heir in the House Organa?

Marina and Bekka both heard that and Marina spun her head toward the two expecting mothers..one being her queen.

"Oh MY GOD!!" Yes, that came out a bit too louder than she had been aware of. Actually, she really didn't realize she had said that out loud this time. But nevertheless, both girls scurried over to the two, with Marina looking her queen up and down and for signs of pregnancy. It all now made sense. And in fact, the small clues she had mistaken before for just being natural curvature, she now could piece together for what they were really telling her.

"Your majesty.... I.... I am so happy!" Marina was the first to get there. longer legs and real determination over Bekka was what did it.
"For you I mean...for Alderaan..." And maybe even for Marina too, for suddenly there was a rush of another excitement...for it could be....and Marina was now hoping and praying that it was...a boy!
Imagine that, a possible heir that wasn't Theo! "Gasp!.."Oh how dreams could come true if one wished upon the stars. And she had wished and taxed the stars enough. Maybe this was a way for the gods to shut Marina up...and that was to give her queen another son.

..and...and...if at all possible.... Marina was running away with her dreams. She was hoping maybe perhaps she could even be God-mother to this new Royal child...girl or boy. Although a boy would totally make all of her dream come true. And she would be like a Fairy God-mother...a sweet and good one.
She could teach her god-child to fly at an early age, just like she did...

She was about to touch her queen, but then pulled her hand away. She should ask first.
"Oh, may I?.." She gestured, not certain if it was even proper to ask.

Feth the wolfcat was out of the bag. She smiled still embarrassed, "[member="Alexandra Russo"] Dragons are like Jedi Masters they wear their duty like badges of honor. They do come home mate for life and always remain true to themselves. Knight Errants to the end." She let her hand rest for a moment and then dropped it, "I am it's a secret"

Which came out just as Bekka and [member="Marina DeVoe"] came through from the gardens. "Round am I." It was said in a very deadpan manner not meant to be insulting just like she herself had been caught. "It is a state secret Marina, not for release to galaxy." She glared at Bekka, "if you breath a word I'll see you both do kitchen duty for a week."

And she could, very easily.

Why did people want to touch? She had never understood this, but she could see the excitement in Marina's face as Bekka tried for a half smile. Faith looked at Alexandra, "How many requests in a day do you get for someone to touch your stomach?"

Faith shook her head, "Yes Marina if it means you will not tell anyone...you may." She had already been warned by her Tia that the birth would be difficult she almost died giving birth to Theo and Laira. This one could take her life, but no one needed to know that either right now.

"Life" Faith looked to Alexandra, "unexpected, always welcome, and a reminder why we need to help refugees who loose their homes, their families, and the sense of safety they once knew. That is still our mission."

Marina DeVoe

"Oh..." she was suddenly lost for words.

Had she not only spoken about her queen, but had she also inadvertently stumbled upon her majesty's private affairs?

"I... uhm...no!
Not a word, your majesty...no." Marina didn't really know what to say. Sure she could promise not to say anything and give her queen her word. But that was without say. And for her to say so..it meant she wasn't considered that trustworthy. oh my.

"I...I'm yours, your majesty. Your will is not for me to question, nor oppose.." It were at this moment that she realized she had perhaps gotten too comfortable with her queen.

But Queen Faith Organa felt so much like being with her own family that it was too easy to forget she was her queen. Bekka on the other hand took no time to solemnly swear her secrecy. Marina on the other hand seemed a little distraught on the notion that her queen was going to have to punish her with kitchen duty for her to keep a secret. marina would take those kitchen duties without them being a punishment if her queen wanted her to do it. Faith didn't have to use it as an incentive.

"I can't find the words to say-" Now how was she to put it?
"That...that I can't give you my word again, my queen. You have always had my word. It hasn't been broken..nor will it ever." Marina lowered her eyes, in obedience.

Yes, at times she could get a bit too boisterous and carefree. But in all seriousness, Marina was raised proper and respectful. Just that her family had nurtured her to be free spirited. She had been a gift, being born alongside her brother..the heir to the DeVoe bloodline. Marina's older sister was 2 years older and her parent's second try at a male heir produced twins...Marina and Jerrid.
With Marina's sister taking the lead as future Duchess, Marina was given a lot more liberty to follow her own path somewhat. And the stars had been calling her, much like they did her brother. But unbeknownst to Marina the stars had reason to call upon her for she were to balance her brother. And like her brother, her parents and parents before them, a word given were never one broken. It would be an unnatural act to break one's word...even under the threat of death.

She got nudged by Bekka, startling her out of her solemn state.
It was no big deal, she were told. Just keep it a secret and all is in place was what Bekka relayed to her.
But Marina really couldn't agree with her companion, although she nodded her submission to do so.

"But no... it'll not leave my lips.." She then verbally literate what had been promised by default already.
Marina managed a smile and gently reached out to touch her queen's stomach. In doing so, a silent promise were made to her queen's growing child...a DeVoe vow.

Then she felt it...

Was it her imagination?...or did the tiny soul within touch her back?
Marina touched her queen again, ever so lighter. And again she received same response..however lighter.
"Hehe.." She let out a chuckle. That was so unreal... yet it was.

Marina didn't try for a third time. But what a moment ago had downed her spirit, the tiny soul rekindled it. And to her surprise it too asked her to keep it a secret....at least it was what Marina felt was asked of her.

"Ahem...so, when could we try your world's cuisine, Lady Russo?" She now asked with a beaming smile.

Bekka nudged her again, for it were so out of the blue and thought it most improper for them as guests to ask as such. But Marina turned to her with a beaming smile.
"I'm not the only one curious to want to taste Tanaab's bountifulness. "

[member="Faith Organa"]
[member="Alexandra Russo"]

"Draco and Tia are the only others who know Marina. I exact this promise from you not because I have a lack of trust in you. But because you are unfamiliar with the ways of the formalities of a royal birth at court. Need to make sure the pregnancy carries to a point where we know the child is safe. healthy. To announce it and...something happen...would be devastating for many people rather than just a few. So we wait a bit longer." She shook her head, the girl had this way of looking like a hurt puppy that just reminded her of Theo.

My goodness at times it was as if she were her own child as she could see the emotions flickering through her eyes and touching upon her lips. "Do not take it to heart Marina, you can draft the announcement when it is time."

There was the Sith element too no one knew what the new Dark Lord was capable of, safety of the family came to mind...Safety of other peoples' family too. She looked at Alexandra heavy with child and facing many of the same circumstances that she faced though birthing a child had come a long way, there were still dangers.

She looked at Alexandra, "I must ask you as well to keep the secret."

Bekka smiled, Faith just shook her head, "It's like starting over again considering how old Theo and Laira are." A giant sigh was let out.

"But yes, what time is dinner?"

[member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Alexandra Russo"]

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
Alexandra listened thoughtfully as [member="Faith Organa"] made her point clear of what [member="Marina DeVoe"] was to do for her, and the other two women present with the outing of the Queen's private news. It really wasn't much to ask of them to be honest. She totally understood. It was not until Alex had made it through the first trimester did the brunette share her own pregnancy news with anyone except her fiancé, who actually was the one to discover the two beings created within her through the Force.

"Of course, Your Majesty... Your wish shall be respected," Alex canted her dark head graciously in agreement. "Well you may feel like you are starting over, but at least you have your past experience to draw upon. I am in the dark I must say except for what I have read. Perhaps we may support one another in our shared endeavor as time goes on."

Having no female influences growing up after her family was killed, Alexandra had taken to a tomboy childhood and motherhood was totally a foreign matter to her. Hopefully the Taanabian's maternal instincts will just naturally turn on once the twins arrive. Already she was feeling the mother-child bond building while the two babies were inside her body.

"My apologies... Your itinerary for the rest of the day is as follows - The State Dinner is scheduled for this evening. This afternoon you will have an official meet and greet with the Governor and his Council, and any further discussion on the Refugee Aid Package may be addressed at that time. After you have rested and perhaps had some refreshment... in the garden," the ambassador eyed [member="Marina DeVoe"] with a sweet smile. "We then may head over to the Chamber House for the historical meeting."

"State dinner. My mother never attended them she wasn't one for all the formalities she always sent me or Theo. But I have to admit there are times they are quite fun not only do I get to eat something new, there's always polite conversation, and the occasional surprise. I look forward to it."

She couldn't remember just then if she had asked, and this might make her sound like she was repeating herself but, "Alexandra does the governor have the support of his party for this as well?" She thought Alexandra had said yes but that some would need convincing. She had said that right? Faith for a moment considered the past conversation and some of it just evaded her like smoke on the wind.

It concerned her greatly, "I think I would like to sit in the garden now. Care to join me?" She wasn't trying to be rude right now she merely wished to sit, then go rest, to be ready.

[member="Alexandra Russo Porte"] [member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

Not more than a glance over to Bekka let marina know the girl was disappointing in her...her comment on their queen's appetite.
Marina slightly shook her head acknowledging her own momentary lapse of reason. Bekka was right, despite Queen [member="Faith Organa"] chalking it up to marina having a silly girl comment. But Faith was her queen and despite being granted much liberties as speaking one's mind, Marina should have given it some though and restraint. But the moment had passed...or so it seemed for all. But not so for Marina. With her queen and Lady Russo conversing and connecting through their pregnancy, there wasn't much more than being awed about it that she could be part of. Maybe tea?

Well, Faith was keen on going out into the garden...even for a sitdown.
marina kept quiet...at least momentarily. Difficult as it was, she did manage to follow her queen and Bekka to where Faith decided to rest a moment.
"I...I'll get some tea...." Marina soft spoke to her queen.

"Lady Russo...Bekka...." She then started to ask as her thoughts kept lingering on the past moment.
Right now as she thought more of her slip up, it did keep her lips somewhat tight...except of course for the tea part. Best she at least do her part as her queen's handmaiden, as she had not quite shone herself to be anything more at this moment.

Maybe... perhaps when they would commence to speak about the Aid package, then she'd have something constructive to add. But right now....
That wasn't the first or only time she had spoken so absent mindlessly, and she knew it weren't going to the the last either. She had to curb her lips from speaking her silly mind like that. She was raised proper...right?
"Lord..what a bad start..." She thought. She were thinking of the new royal child she so much wanted to be part of, but had stepped up with the wrong foot forward.
Still...the hope that if it were a male heir... There would be hope that he would not be so much like his elder brother Theo.

"Shoot.." her thoughts silently reprimanded her. Had she not learned her lesson? Even thinking like that was not real proper..even for her. But why was she so uptight about her queen's son Theo?
"Uhg..." There she went again silently to herself, as she though about him.
Clearly, he rubbed her in the worst way. As such, she made note..extensive note not to ever, EVER, let her queen know that she disliked her son so.

"...you wish for something also? I don't mind getting it." She finished asking. Maybe for now, she best serve her queen better as her handmaiden.

[member="Alexandra Russo Porte"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom