Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirdala Be'senaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
[member="Raziel"]

The following addendum has been added to the section regarding the advanced variant of the Torpedo.

Note: The MH-CW12-A is not intended for widespread use, fleet-wide use, or full-salvos from large capital ships. The weapon is intended to be used by small, PC commanded ships to help give them an edge against larger/more plentiful ships and to promote more interesting roleplay on a smaller scale than the fleet vs fleet setting.

For toning down the shield-bypassing effect, this is what I came up with (I had to think of an IC justification). Let me know if it's sufficient.

Though the experimental technology does prove temperamental, often suffering damages en-route to the target ship thanks to the extensive debris fields these weapons are designed to navigate, the weapon tends to strike with devastating effect when it does decide to function properly. For the other two-thirds of the time, the torpedo's impressive payload is still enough to cause significant damage to a receiving party's energy shielding. Regardless of whether the Field Disruptor decides to function properly or not, a weakness in the design is that in order to utilize the Field Disrupor, the torpedo must also disable its own shielding for the last half-second of flight. While this is done to enable the weapon to (hopefully) detonate directly upon the hull of an enemy ship and maximizing the damage potential of the warhead, this also leaves the warhead particularly vulnerable to point defense during its final approach to target.

For the rest of it, I'll see what I can do about getting those 30 posts completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom