Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction Minor Starship Rights Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Ovmar blinked, confusion on his face, which was quickly replaced by a blank expression and a shrug. A subtle mental nudge swept across the floor, suddenly people found other places to be, appointments forgotten, work commencing and the sort.

At the end of it [member="Ember Rekali"], [member="Darth Janus"], [member="Aless Mnaya"], [member="Danger Arceneau"], [member="Rave Merrill"], [member="Enigma"], security and other trusted Tion personnel were probably the only ones still on the premises.

Hmm, guessing three hundred thousand on the person who’s hunting me won’t pique your interest enough to forget ‘bout this one?

His head turned slightly to look at the other figure suddenly appearing- seemed this was going to be quite the show. Ovmar inclinced his head to him in a greeting and then awaited Rekali's reply.

[member="Thrax"]

(Feel free to not be here. Didn't want to re-read posts to find out who was here via comm link and the sort.)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Darth Janus"] [member="Thrax"]

Janus got a glance, nothing more. Ember's focus remained on Ovmar.

"If I said yes, I'd never get a contract again. You're a man of business. What's better for your business: a nice quiet trip with a few questions at the end, or noise? Here? Now? Walking around knowing you'll never be free of looking over your shoulder for the man who just blood trailed you? You don't need that kind of dren in your life."

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Thrax"] [member="Darth Janus"]

Ovmar studied the features of the man in front of him. This wasn’t a matter of being able to escape or not, wasn’t even a matter if he would be able to off both the Mask and the guy with no Force Presence.

They were the symptom, not the sickness itself.

Getting rid of ‘em wouldn’t remove the inherent problem itself.

Fair enough.’ Ovmar frowned slightly. 'Can't we do this in a few days? I got a date tomorrow with the lovely miss you see over there.' he added a gesture towards [member="Danger Arceneau"] who was probably still standing there somewhere.

[member="Ember Rekali"] | [member="Thrax"] | [member="Jared Ovmar"]

Janus looked at the large, grey skinned beast. The one that smelled like a Graug yet had the Force presence of a Yuuzhan-Vong. Great. Two of his least favorite things wrapped up into one. Then he looked at the iron-masked man, noting his Mandalorian dialect and his apparent propensity towards using Dathomiri magic. Then he looked over to the paltry amount of security personnel in the area. All nameless, lightly armored gentlemen who were arguably more valuable as set pieces than actual security personnel.

Then he looked at Ovmar, bloodspattered and without the skillset to defend himself from both the Mandalorian and the abomination. It was clear, then, what he must do. It was time to fulfill his sacred obligation as a member of the Tion Hegemony.

"Well, clearly, this is a personal problem. Adieu, gentlemen."

The Umbaran spun on his heel and bade a speedy farewell.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Aless barely had a chance to return, defeated, to her shuttle before the proverbial poodoo hit the fan. She normally would have left to her own devices, the events transpiring none of her business. However, there were quite the wealthy individuals present. Maybe, she figured, there might be something in it for her, perhaps weapons or artifacts from the fallen. Maybe her squad of Justicar-Class guards would intervene... and perhaps, maybe not. It all depended on who was more desperate, and how desperate they really were.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Thrax"]

Ember watched [member="Darth Janus"] walk away, then glanced at [member="Danger Arceneau"], just for a moment. He returned his sniper-scope attention to Ovmar. "It's not that I'm not empathetic, but my associate is feeling the urge to make noise, and I'm not feelin' like giving him an excuse. I shop here too, y'know.

"Come on with us. That brick house'll still be standing when you're done answerin' questions."

Thrax

T
Those beady eyes shifted between Mandalorian and businessman, hammer resting over one shoulder, arm looped around the haft. There was a grunt of affirmation, and it was pretty clear the beast wasn't moving anytime soon.

200.gif

Needless to say, Danger was already going through the motions of reviewing the file that came in to her datapad. She was so engrossed that she didn't pick up on the low murmur among the crowd over at Lord Ovmar's direction.

She was busy making calls. So many calls.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
[member="Ember Rekali"] [member="Thrax"]

With some amusement on his face the Ovmar watched as his associate filed out of the action house, with a smirk and a shake of his head the Sith Lord watched Ardik depart. It was a good thing Janus decided to leave, nothing good would have come from trying to stir up the pot, not here, not now.

Then he looked back at Ember, sighing and giving him a firm nod.

Very well then. Can I at the very least leave the establishment without handcuffs? I wouldn’t mind retaining a certain sense of dignity, my word from one man to another- I won’t try to run or turn this into noise.

The Ovmar stood up and awaited their response, hands clasped behind him, no emotions visible on his face; except maybe the slightest tingle of annoyance that he would have to miss that date.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Thrax"]

"We both know you're capable of hiding the cuffs, just like I am, but we also both know your only rational course. Sure -the cuffs stay off. Fair warning: run and my associate gets loud."

Ooc: I'll toss up the hand off/snark thread as promised

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
'Thank you.' the Ovmar simply replied, before taking out his datapad and sending [member="Danger Arceneau"] a message.

[Something has come up. Gotta leave with these gentlemen and... attend some business. Sadly won't be able to make it to our date, reschedule?]

He made sure to show the message to [member="Ember Rekali"] before pressing sent and then followed the two bounty hunters out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom