Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Might've Sorta Started A Fight

enclavediv.png

Gwyn blinked. Eliz really believed in her that much? What in the Galaxy had she done to prove herself that much to him? She reached up and rubbed her eyes. As she wiped the tears away, she breathed shakily. Someone believed in her. No one ever believed in her at all. No one ever especially believed in her like Eliz did. Was his determination misplaced? Or did he see something in her she didn't see in herself?

She shakily, deeply, sighed. She loosened up a bit, leaning back against the couch and closing her eyes. She nodded. She was absolutely terrified of Kranak's return, and what he would do. Yet, she was not alone. Furthermore, the person by her side was not just a protector, he was sure that she could stand on her own two feet. She opened her eyes again, looking to Eliz.

"Okay. If you think I'm capable..."

She shifted, trying to sit up a bit straighter. The bacta was working wonders, even repairing her nose. Before, a bacta bath had fixed far worse. She was confused though. All the times she had put up fights, it was with a blaster in the heat of battle, or in the cockpit of her ship. How was she supposed to fight something that hurt way more than that, the disapproval of someone she adored? Definitely not with a blaster!

She looked to Eliz with a grimace, "What am I supposed to do then?"

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

lLcXg5L.png

"Keep your head up, eyes forward, and never bother with regret. You've the heart of Vod." Eliz gave Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla a thumbs up, but honestly he was still dreading what Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla was going to do to him. Gwyn might be in trouble, but Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze and her only met and fought because of his actions. And, well. He'd certainly not let Gwyn get in trouble for his choices.

Though, Kranak was far more protective of Gwyn anyway. Shouldn't be an issue, right?

"Just, uh, don't try and stop my punishment. No regrets, but also accept any consequences, heh."

enclavediv.png

Gwyneira nodded, then lifted her chin a bit higher. She had the heart of a Mandalorian. With Eliz by her side, she could face one of her worst fears. The fear of someone she looked up to disapproving of her... again.

"Yeah, I think I can do that."

She tried to keep a proud look, but it melted as Eliz finished.

Then she frowned. A protective instinct flooded her being, a desire to keep Eliz from harm. She remembered the cruel cold shoulders of her father and the spiteful, humiliating punishments she was given in the Academy, influenced by her half breed heritage. Authority figures were terrifying when angered. As scared as she was for Eliz though, she felt doubt in the back of her mind. She... she trusted Kranak. She realized that she was sure he would not be the wrathful punisher those in her past were. Kranak was not going to hurt Eliz. Hopefully. Maybe. She just had a feeling that Kranak was different. Sure, he still scared her, but it wasn't that deathly fear to defend oneself as if attacked.

She still hated the idea of Eliz getting punished.

She reached out and took both his hands, reluctantly nodding to him. "I won't like it, but if you say so."

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

Eliz_div.png
''I saw an opportunity and I took it'', answered Jenn coolly. ''Or rather... your brat set up a situation in which she would get to assert herself. I saw no reason to decline.'' There was something nagging at her as she looked over her shoulder every now and then, her desire to remain ready to tackle anything coming their way interfered with: this giant wore his buy'ce, carried himself with the air of a warrior, and yet... there was something about him that simply did not sit right with her. She would humour him and answer his questions for now- but she kept an eye on him, expecting some trickery on his end. Paranoia ran deep inside of her, after all.

''He was busy feeling sorry about himself outside a medical facility on you-know-where. I couldn't help but notice his glaring lack of a buy'ce- and that was one time too many for me. I beat the living chit out of him, and that got him back on track- and helped me work out my disappointment.''
She turned towards Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla at that, as if challenging him to question her adherence to the true ways.

Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

3oIWNfM.png

R E S T,
R E C U P E R A T I O N
A N D
D I S A P P O I N T M E N T

Location: Kaddak, City Slums, Abandoned Apartment Complex, 104th Floor, Safehouse
Local Time: 11:33
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Primary Objective: Make Sure Vode Were Not Followed
Secondary Objective: N/A
Equipment: Loadout 1 + Goran’s Stand (No Medical Backpack, the Great Beskad is sheathed over his left kama pistol holster.)
Tags: Eliz Krayt Eliz Krayt | Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze | Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla

tQcpQG0.png

He listened to her answer in silence, all the while paying attention to the live-feed from the probe in his heads-up display. The probe droid had finished its scan of another sector and had moved onto another one. There were more sectors to cover, though.

”I saw an opportunity and I took it, or rather… your brat set up a situation in which she would get to assert herself. I saw no reason to decline.”

“He was busy feeling sorry about himself outside a medical facility on you-know-where. I couldn’t help but notice his glaring lack of a buy’ce- and that was one time too many for me. I beat the living chit out of him, and that got him back on track- and helped me work out my disappointment.”

He shot a glance at Jenn over his left shoulder as he sensed her movement. The giant let out a muffled sigh as she finished her sentence. <Another extremist, huh?> The giant pondered in his mind. It was -- as with most, if not all things in their cultuıre -- a practice from almost a millennia ago. The Way of the Mandalore. The Way had been practiced by a number of groups within the Mandalorian society ever since its inception. He had met his fair share of them. Their most noticable difference than other Mandalorians was that they never removed their helmets, and the fact that they did not consider those vode that removed their helmets in front of a sentient being true Mandalorians.

He was the follower of The Resol’nare. The Resol’nare and The Way of the Mandalore shared a lot of similarities, but they differed greatly, still. He couldn’t say he enjoyed interacting with the followers of The Way, but they were vod, nonetheless. Though treating the head wounds of such vode was a pain in his shebs for the giant. There was a special oath for the Baar’ur for that. To that end, he -- and Baar’ure like him -- were held in a uniquely trusted position within their warrior society. The faces he had seen of those that practiced The Way while treatment… He would be taking those faces to his grave. He would not describe their faces to anybody.

The giant nodded his head in silence.
<”I see...”> A few moments would pass in silence as he watched the probe continue it’s scan as he pondered her answer. His visor shifted from the Nite Owl to the ground beneath his combat boots. Though he still could not understand why she continued to take pride in beating the two. Eliz? That was fine. He was a Mandalorian, and he had trained him personally on the young lad’s request. The young warrior turned out to be a good Supercommando, but the loss of his arm had to have played a big factor in his defeat at the hands of Jenn. Fighting with a broken limb was a challenge on its own. Fighting with a limb severed must have been a harder challenge for him.

He didn’t exactly mind her beating up Gwyn, either. You wouldn’t question a Mandalorian’s honor and get off unscathed. That was a given. He knew that all too well. But the way Jenn boasted about it? That was the part that didn’t sit all too well with him. It felt like she hadn’t had the opportunity to truly put her mettle to the test. Her demeanour hinted at her eagerness for a fight, of any kind. He was certain she wanted to fight him, too. He was expecting her to challenge him right here and now, but she too seemed aware of the stakes at hand in the situation they found themselves in, due to Eliz’ unwise decisions. If she were to challenge him though, he would indulge her. He never backed down from a fight.

He would also get to know her better through a fight. For an outsider, a brawl was just that, a brawl. But for Mandalorians and warrior cultures similar to theirs, fighting was just another way of communicating. He would take his measure of the Nite Owl. Once you bashed your buy’ce with another vod’s, you’d know their heart.

The rapid blaring warning in his heads-up display pulled him from musing any further. The probe had revealed several dozen contacts. There were two clusters of them, with about 2 clicks separating them. The clusters were three kilometers away from the primary safehouse.

This amount of activity around these parts was highly unusual. Ever since the successful takeover of Kaddak, the criminal activity in the slums had seen a large decrease.
<”You were followed, then.”> the giant angrily muttered to himself. <”Heads up, we got hostiles. Linking and uploading relevant data to your HUD now.”> With a pre-recorded phrase, the giant uploaded the probe’s findings to Jenn’s heads-up display. There were a number of Rally Point a click away from the safehouse, close to their area of operaitons. They would regroup there once their uninvited guests were dealt with. <”Dozens of criminal scum. I’m taking the ones in sector four. You take the other one,”> The giant began walking at a brisk pace, but halted midway and gave a glance at her over his shoulder. <”Let none survive.”> They could not let them get away, nor take any prisoners. They had to make sure they would not dare set foot into these parts of the city. Displays of extreme violence went a long way of sending the street trash a message. They were dumb enough to cross the path of Mandalorians, but not dumb enough to dismiss such a message.

His head held high, the Supercommando then would continue making his way out of the courtyard, headed for sector four on foot at a brisk pace, he would be disappearing from Jenn’s line of sight in a few moments.

UeJaBns.png

Eliz_div.png
Kranak's assessment was far from unfair- the Nite Owl was practically overflowing with barely-repressed violence, kept in check solely by the considerable strength of will forged through her time fighting alone in the galaxy. Still, there was no denying the strict adherence to the mission that drove her to accompany him in the first place: perhaps it was the only thing stopping her from challenging him there and now. As soon as he gave her the heads-up, however, it would become apparent that her beskar'gam was ancient. It would take several scans to finally get a hold of her HUD- and even then, the technology on board was... truly archaic by modern standards.

No answer left the Nite Owl's lips before the Supercommando's instructions. She could take the opportunity to bail out, leave the troublesome foundlings and their warden to deal with their own mess... but it was not the honourable thing to do, and so she got to work as soon as the giant clad in beskar disappeared from sight. Without a jetpack to use, she would have to fall back on the tried-and-true terror tactic she so often capitalized on: brutal, unremitting violence was the way to breaking an enemy's spirit.

So it was that the bandits in her sector would be graced with front-row seat to what Mandalorian strength looked like. Namely, by dropping one of them with a headshot right away, pulling back the hammer of her revolver immediately afterwards and following up with another accurate shot aimed at his friend. That one missed the head, but hit the unprotected throat- which was, as far as she was concerned, good enough.

That got them rushing to cover, which was her cue to unleash the fury welled up inside her... and she rushed from cover, making sure they kept their heads down with her blaster, entire chunks of the terrain blown apart by the weapon's sheer power. And, as soon as she got close enough... she stopped. The revolver was returned to her holster, the blaster tossed in her other hand- and, as they peered up from cover to try and unleash an absolute barrage of blaster fire, what they saw was the monstrous mouth of a flamethrower pointed at them.

Jenn laughed as only a maniac can as she watched them melt like candlewax, the screams practically blocked out by the grand beauty of the flames as they danced so elegantly, voraciously devouring all they latched onto. ''Burn!'' roared the Nite Owl, exhilaration rushing through her as she turned her wrist to the rest of the group once she finally noticed the bolts whizzing past her head. ''BURN!''

Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom