Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work In Progress Mermari Species

Ermmm this is like a work in progress species pre codex thingy and its super messy but uhh if you actually manage to read all of this mess feel free to shoot me a pm abt ur thoughts/questions thx <3

1. History
2. Codex post
3. Images pt.1 (not mine)
4. Images pt.2 (mine)
5. Biology

NOTES (for me tbh):
Mermari species, aquatic/amphibian
Home planet- Kilea
---will post this species after codex for Kilea is created
(permission to use planet from Junko Ike Junko Ike )

Species resulted from human experimentation

-sheeesh i accidentally wrote a whole darn wikipedia sized history of the species, i'll probably have to make a condensed short vers later...
-create more graphs
-remake name collage
-expand on biology
--- transformation stages
---type 1, type 2, give them names maybe? but type is ez to understand
---organ graph maybe
---mechanical stuff dont forgor
---compatability, babies
---glowing spine adolescents
---strong upper body

-THE JELLY WATER DONT FORGET TO MAKE A TECH CREATION PAGE FOR IT!!!
----gel like substance meant for aquatic species that need to process water to thrive but also wanna walk around land
----basically just slap it onto gills
----create pre-factory post
- pre factory page

Inspirations-

Unidentified species from a canon Star Wars comic
-Oooh canon but unnamed species, visually reminded me of Abe Sapien
(Ermm read the actual comic plz, these guys are literally so similar to abe)
-So, in the comic Luke and Leia get stranded on a planet and they think 'wow this place is empty' and then discover the aquatic species, they feel bad for them because of all the war and stuff thats going on which hurts the habitats of the species.
--Refer to history expanded, the Mermari are driven to deeper parts of the ocean due to pollution of humans doing their stuff on the planet

Zendikar merfolk
-particular illustration in the book The Art of Magic: The Gathering: Zendikar
---by Igor Kieryluk
---looks cool
---inspo for giving Mermari some sort of hair-like thing

Abraham Sapien from Hellboy comics & Hellboy movies (2004, 2008) [poor guy didnt even make it into the 2019 movie... sad.]
---> science fiction descriptions of abe sapiens biology is heavily inspired for Mermaris biology & appearance in general
-To summarize, backstory: guy gets involved with cult that thinks the ocean is where life and all knowledge came from the sea... guy then turns into a fish hybrid dude
---> Super duper heavily inspired for development of Zenke Voispeh and his obsession with researching aquatic species*
-Was found in a lab tube thingy
--->inspiration for Shie'k Urds creation of tube hibernating*
-guy is like 200+ yrs old
--->inspo for making the lifespan old, and for type 2s, even older

*See history expanded

Last edited:
History shortened:

Old Republic, ??? BBY

Zenke Voispeh, a Naboo biological engineer, led an exploration group fascinated by aquatic life. They transformed themselves into aquatic hybrids on the planet Kiliea, aiming to blend human and aquatic abilities. Zenke eventually died from complications.

Golden Age of the Old Republic, ??? BBY
Mermari expanded their underwater homes on Kiliea due to human migration and pollution. Some ventured into the galaxy but struggled to reproduce with other aquatic species.

Yuuzhan Vong War & Aftermath, 25 ABY - ?? ABY
Scientist Shie'k Urd, following an interest in aquatic species, discovered the Mermari on Kiliea. She studied their biology and attempted to replicate them, succeeding after a long period of frozen healing.

??? ABY - Present
More humans transformed into Mermari, but the procedure remained lengthy and risky, making Mermari a mysterious and small species on Kiliea. Their existence became rumors and folktales to the locals.

History expanded:
IMG-8012-removebg-preview.png

Old Republic, ???? BBY

His name was Zenke Voispeh, a biological engineer from the planet Naboo. He gained great interest in the species of Gungans and their architechture, however, his interest in amphibian species did not stop there. Zenke wished to know more about other species on other planets, he gathered an exploration group to go on expeditions to other planets. Eventually, the group and himself were most impressed by the Mere of Maramere.

Zenke became desperate and obsessed with the ability to survive underwater, he thought it would be a great technological advancement if humans could inherit certain aquatic/amphibian abilites. He wished to take the parts he considered the 'best' from aquatic sentient species and apply them to humans. His group supported his ideas and dedicated their lives to Zenkes goal.

The group created a small operations base on the planet of Kiliea. The planet had beautiful large coral structures in its oceans and beaches. Through many experimentation, and the death of a group member, Zenke managed to transform the rest of the group into aquatic hybrids. Through time, they managed to gather more humans that were interested in the project and executed the experiments on them. The new hybrids managed to even conceive children who seemed to be the complete image of what Zenke had in mind for his goal. All of the hybrids died by the time they reached their mid thirties due to organ shifting complications, more human scientists had to step in to help care for the hybrid children.

Zenke Voispeh finally then decided to transform himself, changing the formula of his experimentation so that he would avoid being met with the same fate as the others. He eventually died at the age of 55 when his heart shifted incorrectly, causing a rib to impale it.

For the next few hundred years, the species Zenke coined as Mermari spread into the ocean building villages onto the large coral structures in the Kiliean ocean. The origins of the once human origins became forgotten and the Mermari became secluded from others.

Golden Age of the Old Republic, ??? BBY

Due to more humans migrating to the planet and pollution, the Mermari began to delve even deeper into the oceans, eventually discovering the large bases of corals and utilizing them as larger homes. At some point, more Mermari began to go out of their villages and explore the galaxy, a lot of these either died from a lack of water or ended their lineage due to the inability to reproduce with other aquatic species.

Yuuzhan Vong War & Aftermath, 25 ABY - ?? ABY

History is repeated, Shie'k Urd, a human scientist and researcher sets out to research different small colonies of aquatic species. He ultimately comes across the Melodie species that lived on Yavin 8 and were being relocated to different planets in order to save the species and get away from the Yuuzang Vong. Shie'k followed a particular group that was rescued and relocated to the planet of Atrisia, she lost interest after a while due to the fact that the species did not have legs.

The scientist then decided to explore the nearby planets, ultimately ending up on Kiliea. After finding out about the planets beautiful coral structures, she decided to venture into the oceans to research the corals. Upon the expedition she found out about the Mermari species, Shie'k communicated with the colony and managed to research their biology, leading to the discovery of their human genetics. The scientist then created her own experiments in attempts to replicate the Mermari species, despite the different time period and mind as the original scientist, she ended up having similar results as the original. Hybrid humans ended up dying due to organ complications.

Shie'k made a discovery that would stop complications when it came to creating new Mermari, through trials she discovered that freezing a body after the surgery healed could lead to less complications. Complications could only be fully stopped if frozen for a long period of time. The scientist went through the process and froze herself, after 50 years of being frozen she came back in a healthy Mermari form without any complications whatsoever. From this experience, she created a new and proper procedure for making new Mermari.

??? ABY - Present

As time passed by, more humans transformed into Mermari, and more Mermari began to set out into the galaxy. Despite this, the mermari were still considered a very small species due to how lengthy the freezing procedures were. The freezing procedure didn't even have a 100% success rate, so it resulted in death at times. Most humans that wished to turn into Mermari were humans that wanted to be left alone, most that did transition ended up living on their own, away from the main colonies.

In present day, the Mermari are rumours and folktales to the people of Kilea and few know their truths.

Last edited:
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: [ State why you are making this submission and what purpose it will fulfill in RP. ]
  • Image Credit: [ Provide credit to the original artist of the images in your submission. Link to the web page where it can be found and state the name of the original artist if possible. Each image used must be credited. Use TinyEye, Google Image Search, or the Image Credit FAQ to help.]
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: @
  • Links: [ Provide links to any relevant threads, characters, companies, locations, etc here. Canon or otherwise. Especially obscure references, or events important to the submission.] abe sapien hellboy, species wiki
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Mermari
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Kilea [ This can be a planet (canon or Chaos canon sub), a company's lab, a region of space, extra-galactic, etc. Provide a link if applicable. ]
  • Average Lifespan: [ In standard years. An average age or range is required. ]
  • Estimated Population: Planetary Optional: include a population number. ]
  • Description: [ Provide a short paragraph that describes this species at a glance. More in-depth descriptions can be added in distinctions below. ]
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I
  • Average Height of Adults: [ In metric. ]
  • Average Length of Adults: N/A
  • Skin color: [ Their commons skin colors. ]
  • Hair color: [ Their common hair colors, if any. ]
  • Distinctions: [ Describe the unique physical traits that define what they are and set them apart from more common species like humans. Be sure to include any differences between male and female, as well as variations between different regional groups if any, and characteristics that denote a matured or ageing specimen. ]
  • Races: [ Not subspecies, distinct cultural or physical races (aka, just like human races). ]
  • Force Sensitivity: [ Force Dead (members of this species are Force Dead with the bonuses and drawbacks inherent to that. Ex. Yuuzhan Vong.), Non-Sensitive (no members of the species are FS), Rare (very few members are FS. Ex. Hutts), Low (Some members are, but many are not), Standard (Some are, some are not, it is neither common nor uncommon), High (Many of its members are sensitive to the Force. Ex Humans, Twi'leks, etc), All (Every single member is born sensitive to the Force, but lack training. Ex. Neti, Vahla). For Force Dead and All Force Sensitive Species, see the Species Rules for guidelines before submitting. ]
Strengths:
  • [ Provide, in list format, some strengths of this submission. 2 recommended. ]
Weaknesses:
  • [ Provide, in list format, some weaknesses of this submission. 2 recommended. ]
CULTURE
  • Diet: [ Herbivore, Omnivore, Carnivore, Other (please explain). Note down common foods and preferences, what is poisonous, etc. ]
  • Communication: [ How do they communicate? A spoken language (if so, tell us which), through barks and yips, body language, telepathy, etc. ]
  • Technology level: [ Describe their societal technology level if it differs from Galactic Standard. ]
  • Religion/Beliefs: [ If this species has a prominent religion or set of beliefs, describe them here. ]
  • General behavior: [ Describe general behaviors such as: family life, values, how they raise their young, how they find mates, how they interact with the world and other species around them. Do they hunt? Do they build? Are they inventors? Are they explorers? Are they nocturnal or diurnal? Do they attend schools? Etc, etc. ]
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
[ Include a description of the species history here. If your species is genetically engineered or Sithspawn please describe the process through which they were created, by who, and why. Explain the various challenges encountered during their creation. Most galactic species will be quite old - include major events relevant to the species in how they evolved and developed into what they are today where appropriate. Including Chaos canon events, where they impacted the history of this species, is a plus. ]

PT. 2
-wip/official mermari stuff

Untitled331-20231105133829.png

-Sample of different Mermari & their distinctions

Untitled333-20231105181522.png

Example of a Mermari wearing a personalized neck brace that holds Hydrotine

Untitled332-20231105165710.png

-work in progress of my future Mermari character
its honestly how ridiculous how far i went just to create one character... i was in a class, bored, thinking about how i should go outside of my usual boundaries and create a funky alien character (I made Chessashai Umianai Chessashai Umianai but to be fair she's pretty human besides the skin) and then i was also thinking that i wanted to make a nonbinary character since enbie characters are my comfort zone (sorry Chessa...) and then as i was looking through the wiki for species i came across the unidentified aquatic species from the canon comic and then from there my brain sort of went wild. oops.

ALL BY MEEE <33

Last edited:
BIOLOGY STUFF

Placeholder... this part is going to be a big mess. Anyways i might just post the info with the images pt.2 since its easier to understand explanations with images right next to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom