Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hydrotine

This is my first time creating tech, I appreciate any sort of feedback and tips that can help me develop this consumable product

notes:
refer to mermari
for aquatic species

Untitled333-20231105185058.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Allows aquatic species with gills to consume oxygen without the need of filtration system
  • Image Source: Illustrations done by me, deplorable deplorable
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Hydrotine (AKA Gell)
  • Manufacturer: (Kuat Drive Yards, BlasTech Industries, [Character Name], etc. Please ensure you link these accordingly.)
  • Affiliation: Mermari
  • Market Status: Open-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Water, tbd
    (What is it made out of? Certain materials are more resistant, or vulnerable to certain weapons. Example: '
    Algae, pharmaceutical components.' If this submission uses materials found on wookieepedia, please link. You may also be asked to link materials that are obscure or difficult to find, e.g. exist as a byline in wikia entry. )
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Unsure
  • Method of Consumption: Inhalation through gills,
  • Average Life: Five standard days
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: (Does this consumable have any nutritional value? Are there any known allergies or potential for side effects)
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Filters itself
STRENGTHS
  • Long lasting (five standard days)
WEAKNESSES
  • Can be tampered with, causing harm to unsuspecting users
DESCRIPTION
Hydrotine is meant for aquatic/amphibian species that require water to pass through their gills in order to process oxygen, wearing a mechanic that holds water is a hassle due to the need of a filtration system, the Hydrotine does not require a filtration system for it does it on its own.

Species that have both lungs and gills may struggle to balance out the usage of both organs, an example being the Mermari. The Mermari, after the time period they will face dehydration and oxygen depletion due to the specialized lung structure they possess. In order to be out of water for longer periods of time, the species can wear a personalized neck brace that holds Hydrotine and allows it to continuously pass through their gills. (Image sample in spoiler)
Untitled333-20231105181522.png
Untitled333-20231105181948.png

Example of a Mermari wearing a personalized neck brace that holds the gel, gel passes through gills

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom