Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meeting the Valkiter

With Vallen and Daella giving the to adults some alone time, Vulpesen turned to Ra, hearing her question. "The basics really. We met on Vjun. We've both been merchants. You used to work for the bad guys, but now you're a good guy." His lips turned into a playful smile. "And as you might have guessed, they're fairly aware that I am in fact, in love with you." He grinned and found a couch to sit on, waiting for his kids to finish getting ready for their time on the town.

[member="Riamah"]

"I would like to get back into being that merchant. Then again, I also like being in the shadows and running our movement. In a way, it is similar to when I was leading those merchant fleets with Metal Lords and Coalition. Did I even ever tell you about that when we met? Beyond me just being a merchant I mean."

Having to think back on their conversation then, she wasn't sure. At that time she had to maintain a cover on her Force ability and very few people ever learned of it or which side she was on. Then again she was barely sith and no longer was at all.

"And I have been totally blind to this as you know already."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Settling back into the cushions, he looked up at her as she spoke, leaning against the arm of the furniture. "You didn't tell me too much beyond you being a Merchant, though I'd love to hear it. As for returning to that life, I don't see why you couldn't do both. After all, if you're going to hide in the shadows, it might help to have a front to avoid suspicion." Remembering the fact that she had been unable to recognize the myriad of signs, he smiled and drew his tail into his lap. "You'd think a woman of your talents and history would be more perceptive." There was more than a tinge of humor in his voice as he teased her.

[member="Riamah"]

"The Metal Lords were first and who I worked with when we met. One of their first rules to follow was not to make deals with sith. At the time that is what I called myself. As droids, they couldn't pick up on my ability to use the Force at all, so I kept it secret. It had no meaning in the business world. Then we made a move to the Coalition and they too were very anti-sith so I maintained the cover there too."

Was it worth keeping it a secret any longer? She no longer had any ties with the sith. Of course just suddenly appearing to know of the Force might raise more questions. Something to think on.

"I am not good at reading emotions. Never have been. Though I have been trying to work on my empathy, it's hard. Nor do I think with or about emotion much, my mind is focused and logical. Not emotional. Again, probably one reason I was such a poor sith. I don't know."

Shrugging her shoulders, she smiles a bit at his humor.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Might have been your first clue when it comes what I was telling you in that first meeting." Vulpesen's lips turned into a smile when he thought about that day on Vjun. Even then, he had told her about the concequences of her actions, how even the title of sith could destroy someone's reputation and close more respectable doors. "I was taught to read emotions. But to act without them. It can come in handy, to act with unfeeling. But it is necessary. Its probably the one big thing that made me a poor jedi. Too much denying emotions and getting over them. So much better to accept and use them."

[member="Riamah"]

Giving him a flat look when he brought up what he had said then. Even if it was true. She had learned her lesson in a very hard manner when the Sith attacked Alderaan, Balmorra and Kuat in an almost single move. Part of her wondered if Vulps even knew of this. It had happened in a time when they were out of contact. At the same time she had just been starting to build her movement and he was very much involved with that thankfully.

"I'm stubborn and it would take more than a few words or a few conversations to sway me."

Listening as he said he was taught to read emotions, she shook her head.

"There was very little emotion in my life growing up and well as adult, I never learned how to use them really. So I just don't think I have any. Honor is not an emotion I don't think. I do have that, but not much else."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"And I wouldn't expect it to. Stubborness can come in handy sometimes." His ear flicked a bit as he heard a bit of fumbling and movement above them. Likely, the kids having gotten ready to go. "Not sure emotions can really be taught. All I can say is relax a bit. Enjoy yourself. And stand ready to recognize emotions when you do feel them." Looking over, he smiled as his kids trotted down the stairs, dressed well enough to go into the town.

"We're ready!" The pair chirped out as they ran over to the adults on the couch. Excitement in their eyes, it looked as if they were ready to wag their tails, at least, they would if they had any. Placing a hand on the arm of the couch, Vulpesen rose up from his seat his tail flicking out behind him before he extended a hand to help Ra up from her own place upon the cushions.

[member="Riamah"]

Letting out a sigh, she shook her head slightly. Not yet fully knowing what her body could or couldn't do, she turned her head to look in the direction of the noise and nodded when she placed it too. Looking back at Vulps, she shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure if I had any real emotions, I would have identified them by now."

Standing up when his children returned and he held his hand out to help her, Ra smiled at all of them and looked forward to the adventure together.

[member="Vulpesen"]

He chuckled softly at her words and pulled her in as she accepted his help. Placing a light kiss to her cheek, which drew out an 'ooooh' from his daughter. He then turned to start towards the door, his children trailing behind at his heels. "I'm sure you'll figure something out. You never seemed the sort to give up on a challenge. What do you think? Should we take a speeder, or go by fox? We could walk there, but it may take a bit, probably a little less than an hour." With his question, his kids turned back towards Ra, looking to her for an answer.

[member="Riamah"]

He chuckled softly at her words and pulled her in as she accepted his help. Placing a light kiss to her cheek, which drew out an 'ooooh' from his daughter. He then turned to start towards the door, his children trailing behind at his heels. "I'm sure you'll figure something out. You never seemed the sort to give up on a challenge. What do you think? Should we take a speeder, or go by fox? We could walk there, but it may take a bit, probably a little less than an hour." With his question, his kids turned back towards Ra, looking to her for an answer.

[member="Riamah"]

He might have found some humor in her words and she wrinkled her nose as a reply. Blushing only slightly when he planted the kiss on her cheek, she wondered what his kids thought of her. Time would tell on that matter.

When he asked how they should get there, Ra smiled and made her mind up quickly.

"By fox of course. Do I get my own or will Shadow take me again?"

She had yet to be on her own and wondered if there was anything she needed to know before riding one.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Daella and Vallen beamed at her choice, their faces lighting up with wide smiles. "If you want, I'm sure we can find you your own ride. Besides, I doubt Daella here will be opposed to a little more time at the stables." In resonse, his daughter looked down, a slight bit of embarassment rising up from her introduction. Though, the bashfulness died quickly in resonse to her father's next statement. "Which reminds me, these two need a bit of riding practice on their own." Before anything else could be said, the young pair were already shouting their enjoyment as they dashed off fr the nearby stables, eager to get their personal mounts prepared.

[member="Riamah"]

"Really?"

Her face lit up at the thought of getting her own fox for this. Maybe one that could be called hers, like Shadow was to Vulps. Not having that much hope, but still it would be clear she was excited. Looking at Daella and almost feeling how the girl felt, she smiled.

"That's decided then."

The kids ran off and she Vulps walked slowly together.

"What is different about your markets than what can be found outside of Veradune?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

Seeing her smile light up, Vulpesen returned a fang tipped grin as the kids ran off. Stepping closer to [member="Riamah"], he wrapped his arm loosely around her. "Outside Veradune is woods and beasts and all manner of natural beauty. But the markets are a place for our civilization to show its love of art, and as Zarro once told me, the quickest way to learn of a culture, is to see what it produced. For instance, no bit of decoration is without purpose. Generally, that purpose is some sort of weaponry."

"I would hardly call the danger out there beauty."

Her tone was flat, but her face had some humor. Ra knew the beauty of his world, but would still rather live on Vjun. At least there weren't any wild animals that could kill her easily. Only pirates and other sentient races.

"Have you thought of exporting these wares?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

"I've rarely felt more alive, than when I was closest to death. Besides, the most poisonous flower often has the brightest colors." The words came out with a wiley grin. Years of warfare, and hiding among the sith, did that to a person. When your life was lived in pure danger, adrenaline became a drug, for which withdrawal was a horrible thought. "We actually export a few of our weapons, but with Veradune being hidden as it is, its not exactly easy for our wares to get noticed on the galactic market. Not to mention, we take pride in artistry, so much of it isn't mass-produced."

As they made their way to the stables, Vulpesen opened the door and looked around, a grin forming on his face. Lining the walls in stall after stall were several sets of intelligent eyes staring back at the new entrants, each one pushing forward to wonder if they were going out for a ride. Stanting at two of the stalls, Daella and Vallen were already waiting, while a pair of stable hands started saddle their foxes.

[member="Riamah"]

For just a moment, her hand traveled to her hair when he mentioned bright colors, flowers and being dangerous. She wondered if he picked his words and example on purpose and if there was a hidden meaning behind them. Shrugging her shoulders, Ra pushed the thought away, it didn't really matter.

Listening as he continued on about the exporting and how most of the work in the market wasn't mass produced. Nodding, it was something she understood totally.

"I'm looking forward to seeing what your people offer."

Saying this with a smile, the doors of the stable opened and the many foxes looked at them. Taking a small step back, it was when Vulps pulled her along did she enter. Looking at the various foxes, she had no idea which would suit her best.

"Um, which one is good for a novice?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Good to hear." Moving through the stalls, Vulpesen stopped at one rather ornately decorated one, where there stood a familiar looking beast. Looking over at [member="Riamah"], Shadow wagged her tails and butted at the gate, even as Vulpesen opened it and let her out. "I hear Snowpad is one of the more easily ridden ones. But don't expect anything fancy from her." Vulpesen nodded to a stall a few down to Riamah's left. "Shes the piebald one. Relik, mind helping her out while I get Shadow here rigged up?"

The stable hand let out an eager nod and started for the stall, where he took a few bridles and reins to bring over the stable door with him. "Please, come over here, miss. I promise, Snowy here is as tame as can be. Gives one of the smoothest rides in all of Veradune." Beside him was a creature, slightly smaller than Shadow, with curious bronze eyes which fixed on the potential rider. While Riamah's normal ride held fur as black as midnight, the new fox held a lightly speckled pelt of white, carrying scarring spots of black in varioius sizes, from a few inches, to as large as a foot across.

Away from the two adults, Vallen and Daella were working with another hand who quietly aided them in setting up their own foxes, pointing out tips and pointers on how to bridle them comfortable for a ride. Though a little instruction was required, it was apaprent that the pair were increasingly familiar with the process. This being one of their favorite past times, it was no wonder that they were eager to learn how to do it themselves.

"A what one?"

This would show her ignorance in what different color names meant. Luckily a stable hand called her over. Giving Shadow a small wave Ra was already on the way to the new mount.

Not paying attention to what his children were doing her focus was on Snowpad as she walked over. Holding her hand out to allow her to get a smell of her, Ra wasn't scared but a little nervous.

"What do you need me to?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom