Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Meeting of the sea maidens

Objective: Unclear...
Tags: Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

"You're telling me this drink is made for Ersansyr," An incredulous Cori said to her waiter, who nodded, "But it's still alcoholic? That can't be!"
"Actually, it can be," the Mythrol serving her sighed, flicking open his pen and paper pad impatiently. "Would you like to order one, miss?"
"You're sure it's safe?" Cori insisted, causing her waiter to roll his eyes.
"Like I said the first five times, yes, it is perfectly fine to drink. Now would you like one or not?"
"Umm..." Cori paused, tapping her long nails on the table thoughtfully. Her old master would never approve of her drinking, but for once, she didn't really care about his opinion right now. Besides, he'd never find out. Probably. "You know what? Sure. I could use something to help me forget. One sea nymph, please."

Nodding in relief, the Mythrol hurried off to the bar of the resort that Cori had found herself in. It was a nice place, with the tranquil sounds of lapping waves hinting at the spectacular view outside the window she sat near, but even so, it wasn't where she wanted to be. She wanted to be helpful, she always had, but ultimately it seemed she would always end up as a burden to others. Cori held up her hands and allowed her nails to grow into their natural claws, and considered them. Her need to be submerged in water had become more and more frequent lately. Usually she could go for at least a month or so before needing to do so, but these days she was lucky to get more than a week before she turned from a mermaid to a siren. The leaders of the order suggested she take an extended holiday to recuperate as they believed it was stress that was causing the biological change. Her old master had recommended a resort on Scarif catered towards sea species, and the other Jedi had leapt on the suggestion, paying for her little holiday in full. An act of kindness, they had said, in return for all the kindness you show us.

Cori knew better than to believe that, though. Maybe she was a burden and they were being kind, but there was more to it than just that. They'd also sent her here to keep her from chasing..well, ghosts, she supposed. It was hardly a coincidence that just before she had been called for a meeting with the leaders of the order, she had received a vision of an old friend who she had believed to be dead for a long time. Then, the sentinels had received intelligence about a new Sith apprentice - a rodian woman, with dark blue skin. The pieces of the puzzle were beginning to fall into place, but the other Jedi had turned down Cori's pleas to find this apprentice. They probably thought she would be turned to the dark side, so they'd insisted she stay here, while they searched for her friend. It was bitterly unfair and her own master's betrayal - his agreement with the others that this mission would be too personal for her - had stung the most.

"Your drink, miss," the waiter had returned with an appealing looking cocktail on his tray. "One sea nymph, as requested."

"Thanks," Cori said, and reached for the glass, only to realise too late that her claws were still long, and razor sharp. The glass cracked under her nails as she picked it up, little spiderwebs of broken glass forming around her fingertips. These spread until the glass shattered in Cori's hand, slicing little cuts into her skin and splashing the floor with liquid. The Ersansyr let out a horrified gasp of dismay. "Oh no! I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine, miss," The waiter said, though his tone suggested otherwise. "Why don't you go clean up, preferably somewhere far away from here."

"That's fair," Cori sighed, getting up from the table and leaving the resort. Before her, a beautiful Scarif beach stretched for miles. Despite the days events, the sight of the endless teal blue comforted Cori. The ocean was where she belonged, after all. She could wash off her clothes there, and maybe, just maybe, she could wash away all the emotions she felt about the order and her sith aligned childhood best friend.
"It's certainly worth a try," the Ersansyr muttered to herself as she kicked off her boots. Wading deep into the water, an instantaneous smile crept across her face. "After all, there's not much that a few moments in the sea can't fix."

Last edited:
Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | The Siren's Song Resort, Scarif
| Objective | Return home...

Oh, but how she had missed this.

No matter where she went, or how much she changed, Jenn would always look upon Scarif as her home. The world sat far too close to the Mandalorian Enclave's borders for her liking, that much was true - but she could not let something like this stand between her and the gentle embrace of a world she had come to regard so very fondly. Ever since she had seized the mantle of Alor for herself, the wise matriarch found herself constantly occupied with the restoration of her Clan, growing thoroughly obsessed with the legacy she would leave behind. It was when she realized that she could no longer decide if she sought this noble goal of restructuring her Clan as warrior-heroes out of a genuine desire to do good or a narcissistic urge to be remembered as a hero that she finally decided to take a well-deserved break, 'lest she suffer a nervous breakdown.

With the Clan left safely in the hands of Henryk, her Alor'ad, she returned home. Immediately after landing, she arranged for her starfighter to be kept in a secure hangar until her departure - and made a beeline for the beach, answering the occasional waves and welcomes along the way. Mandalorians were an intimidating lot at the best of times, to be sure, but the people of Scarif had always found the fierce warriors to be particularly steadfast allies... and Jenn, more so than any other, had become something of a familiar sight to the locals. Enough so that her sudden disappearance had been noticed, and her absence brought worry to some. They were relieved to see her again, but the urgency behind her every step stopped them from properly approaching her for a chat.

The sea had ever been her greatest love, all-consuming as that love may be. Standing on the shoreline as she was, she felt the tender pull tugging at her, beckoning her close... and found the notion of resisting oh-so difficult it did. With a monumental effort of will, she kept on walking along the shore, humming to herself as she finally reached the Siren's Song. Although she had been far too busy with leading the Clan to even think about the resort in some time, it seemed that the place was doing rather well for itself. Catering to a very specific clientele was paying off in the long run, in spite of the rather consequent amount of credit she'd sunk into the place after buying it: very few places offered a comfortable experience for the galaxy's many aquatic species, and those who did were bound to get something of a name for themselves.

Walking on through the entrance and into the resort proper, the mere sight of her was enough for the receptionist to stand up a little straighter, eyes betraying a great deal of shock indeed. Although she kept her status as the establishment's owner under wraps, Jenn was nonetheless known as one of its VIPs - a status that did not, however, make her immune to the establishment's rather strict rules on weaponry. Rules she had instated herself, and ensured would be thoroughly applied thanks to the resort's elite security detail. This was a place for people to relax, forget their woes, and embrace the ocean's call. Violence would not be tolerated.

After handing her pistols over (and her vambrace's weapons, as the security detail politely reminded her), she was free to walk within the resort itself - and that was how she walked in on a myrthrol waiter mopping up a mess on the ground. The colorful liquid was unmistakable to the woman who had gone and paid a pretty sum for a few well-seasoned bartenders to invent a cocktail specifically designed to cater to her people. those she had never truly met in any significant capacity: the Ersansyr.

"The one who ordered this", asked the Mandalorian, her demanding voice made all the more impersonal thanks to her helmet's speakers. "Where did they go?"

The man before her lifted his eyes to look her way, an irritated reply already forming in his mouth - only for him to be faced with the terrifying visage of a Mandalorian helm, ostensibly styled to evoke the sea and its primal nature. The white paint was scratched in several places, and the Jaig Eyes perched above the Y shaped visor seemed to pierce the corporeal form of the being laying eyes upon them. There was beauty there, to be sure, but also a deep sense of mercilessness. A reflection of the sea's nature.

"She- she went to the beachside!" stammered out the waiter, recoiling in fear and holding the mop a little more firmly, as if it might protect him from the figure clad in beskar. For a moment, the intense warrior merely stared him down, as if she sought to ascertain... something. Mercifully, she eventually turned away from him, stalking off to leave the resort and walk on over to the beach, as she had been directed. The poor man let out a sigh of relief, returning to his duties and trying his best to forget about the terrifying encounter.

It did not take long for Jenn to find the stranger in question, watching as she walked into the water, deeper and deeper within the sea's embrace. The two of them were so very different, and yet... she could not help but find her heart beating a little faster. At long last, her eyes came to rest upon another like her. What would she be like? Would she be what she had come to expect from the scant accounts she found on the HoloNet - a woman well-versed in speechcraft, navigating through a conversation with immense ease?

"Hello, sister!" called out the Alor as she kept on walking towards the woman before her, confidence marking her every step - her voice undeniably that of an Ersansyr using their sing-song voice, even with the helmet modulating it somewhat. Before long,, she stepped into the shallows, moving deeper and deeper - but stopping a fair distance from the stranger, careful not to scare her off.

"It is good to finally meet another Songbird", remarked the Mandalorian, clearly relieved. "I am Jenn, Alor of Clan Kryze and owner of the Siren's Song."

Objective: Meet someone new?

"Hello, sister!" called out the Alor as she kept on walking towards the woman before her, confidence marking her every step - her voice undeniably that of an Ersansyr using their sing-song voice, even with the helmet modulating it somewhat. Before long,, she stepped into the shallows, moving deeper and deeper - but stopping a fair distance from the stranger, careful not to scare her off.

Being in the water was utter bliss. It was so good to be surrounded by gentle lapping waves, cradled in the arms of the ocean. Now, all that was left to do was to transform into her natural form, and dive deeper under the waves. The Jedi knight was about to do so when a voice stopped her, freezing her in place with a mixture of shock and surprise. Another Ersansyr, so far away from home? It couldn't be! But only her people could speak like that, with the sweet strains of notes in their voices that were melodious enough to calm enemies and unite nations. A smile of true delight took over Cori's face as she turned around to answer...only for her smile to immediately vanish.

The woman before her was a Mandalorian, an enemy of the galactic alliance and all she stood for. There was no mistaking her armour and helmet - Cori had faced several on the battlefield already. Cori's head hurt, swimming with questions and emotions. How was she supposed to deal with this? She couldn't call this woman her sister, that would mean betraying her Jedi family. But if she hurt this woman, she would be betraying her family back home, and her entire race.

Cori took a deep breath, calming herself down. Relax, she told herself inwardly, this woman has no way of knowing that I am a Jedi. She had dutifully handed her light whips in when she entered the resort, and her clothing didn't exactly scream 'honourable monk' either, it was giving more of a 'going to a coruscant club' vibe. So with all this in mind, maybe Cori could, for just a moment, put aside her title as a Jedi knight and allow herself to just be an Ersansyr. Just one moment without the weight of responsibility on her shoulders. After all, it had been so long since she had talked to one of her own kind...

"It is good to finally meet another Songbird", remarked the Mandalorian, clearly relieved. "I am Jenn, Alor of Clan Kryze and owner of the Siren's Song."

"And it is wonderfull to meet you too, Jenn. It is so rare to see our species in the wider galaxy, so our meeting brings me much joy," Cori waded over to Jenn, speaking in her own sing song voice. Her smile had returned in full force. "My name is Cordelia Eldoris, or Cori for short. I find your resort to be truly welcoming and comfortable. It reminds me of home."

"Tell me, when you say it is good to finally meet another songbird, surely you cannot mean you have never met another member of our kind?" Cori asked. "I hope that isn't the case. Where were you born? I'm sure I haven't seen you on Aqualaris minor before. That is my home," Cori's voice carried a great measure of pride; "My father is the leader of the colony. We live in a reef, with the most beutifull coral gardens surrounding us. I used to love chasing the brightly coloured fish as a child. Did you...experience an upbringing similar to that?"

Cori didn't want to pry, but she was very curious as to why an Ersansyr would become a Mandalorian. Was she taken from her home against her will? Or worse, was she taken in after being the only survivor of an attack on a merfolk community? Cori hoped not. Still, it seemed so strange that a member of her species would willingly take up wearing armour that would, as far as she knew, restrict her ability to transform. Well, there was one way to find out.

"Do you wish to swim with me, Jenn? It would be really nice to spend some time with one of my own kind again."

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Scarif
| Objective | Meet a sister; form a bond.

Jenn had ever-been a perceptive soul: her gaze alone could pierce through people, if the warriors of Clan Kryze were to be believed, and the Alor very much leaned into this reputation. The Jaig Eyes above her Y-visor were styled very differently from the more traditional depiction of a shriek-hawk's eyes, resembling something that was, my Mandalorian standards, quite alien indeed. Hardly a surprise, then, that she immediately noticed how the gentle young woman looked to her as many in the Galaxy at large did: with that mix of fear and wariness her people liked to cultivate in others. It was better to be feared than loved in the eyes of the Mando'ade, and Jenn still struggled with that notion. Her heart sunk at the thought of being nothing but another conqueror and butcher in the eyes of the first "sister" she had the grace of meeting.

Cordelia's voice was simply enchanting, as was her smile: if any doubts existed in Jenn's mind as to the identity of the being before her, they were all but immediately dissipated by this oddly familiar, yet utterly alien experience. Ever since her unwanted transformation, the Mandalorian had found herself struggling with her new identity, rejecting it entirely for a time, only to embrace it later on... and yet, even now, she still resisted against her own nature at times, as if afraid that she might suffer for losing control enough that her true nature shone through.

Her heart ached in the face of Cordelia's words, however, the fierce warrior standing before the Jedi remaining walled in self-imposed silence. For a moment, there as only the gentle call of the sea, the breeze caressing the both of them... and, finally, Jenn chose blunt honesty. A characteristic that had always defined her.

"I was born to parents I do not remember, nor care to remember, on a world I have no recollection of. Matheld of Clan Kryze rescued me from a Mandalorian bounty hunter after the death of my parents, and raised me as her own daughter. I only became Ersansyr a few years ago now, and hardly by choice."

The memory returned to her unbidden. The time she had spent in captivity was impossible for her to truly grasp: had it been days, weeks, months? Stuck inside of an observation tank as she was, all she could do was thrash and scream when she could as her very nature was changed by the monstrous beauty of Sith alchemy.

Melancholy and pain were pushed back with no small effort of will on her part as she displayed just how intelligently thought-out her armor was, the plating around her legs designed to be easily removed by the wearer and attached to the waist. As for the form-fitting undersuit? The Alor had been sure to install a seam at the lower back, freeing her legs in no time and neatly folding the fabric into a small pouch. Shifting, as she had discovered a long time ago, was a profoundly liberating experience: as she dove down and pushed her legs together, she felt no pain as she adopted what she guiltily regarded as her true form. Skin gave way to cascading blue scales, feet flattened and branched out into a wide and graceful fin - and before long, she gave a mighty kick of her tail, the black and blue scales captivating to behold as she went deeper and deeper, waiting for Cordelia to follow.

"Stars forgive me, but oh, how I missed flipping my fins", admitted the Siren as she settled in comfortably on the sea floor, where the sunlight yet reached them: they were not quite too deep just yet. With her true nature on full display, her helmet, armor and tail painted a picture both tantalizing... and ever-so slightly terrifying.

Objective: Forget all responsibilities for a moment

"I was born to parents I do not remember, nor care to remember, on a world I have no recollection of. Matheld of Clan Kryze rescued me from a Mandalorian bounty hunter after the death of my parents, and raised me as her own daughter. I only became Ersansyr a few years ago now, and hardly by choice."

Cori's eyes widened, genuinely shocked to hear Jenn's testimony. Her heart ached at the thought of her being abandoned and kidnapped at such a young age. What was more shocking than that, however, was hearing how Jenn was not born Ersansyr but rather made a songbird, and not even by choice. How was this woman able to endure such a drastic change to her whole biology? Her mental and physical resilience must have been truly great to have overcome the process. Cori felt somewhat out of her depth, trying desperately to remember what she had been told about the history of the ersansyr, and how they were first brought into being.

"Before my grandfather passed on, he used to tell me the story of our creation," Cori eventually said, her mind slowly feeding her long forgotten memories from a long time ago. Memories from when she was just a child, of nights sitting curled up in her grandfathers lap beside an underwater lava vent, where the light danced across his face and made his tales seem so mysterious and exciting. "He told me that Yavin eight was not safe for us, that predators would murder our young and the caves we lived in were incredibly dangerous. He said we needed to leave, that there was nothing for us there. So he agreed to be transformed entirely by a sorcerer, so that it would be easier to travel across the stars and find a new home. Many did the same, and he gathered those of them who were loyal to him and took them to Aqualiris Minor. The sorcerer had called us songbirds, the Ersansyr, and my grandfather said that the name suited us, so he kept it."

"I haven't heard of anyone being turned into one of us since," the Jedi continued, "And I must admit, up till now, I genuinely believed that only Melodie could be altered in this way. Your transformation is so strange, but...it is welcomed. You are one of us now. A member of our people."

Cori touched her hands to her heart, bowing her head a little. In her culture on Aqualiris Minor, it was a gesture that symbolised acceptance. It was used to welcome those who deserved great respect, like leaders or diplomats. Cori had never imagined she would use it on a mandalorian, but there was no doubt in her mind - this woman deserved her utmost respect for enduring all that she had.

Melancholy and pain were pushed back with no small effort of will on her part as she displayed just how intelligently thought-out her armor was, the plating around her legs designed to be easily removed by the wearer and attached to the waist. As for the form-fitting undersuit? The Alor had been sure to install a seam at the lower back, freeing her legs in no time and neatly folding the fabric into a small pouch. Shifting, as she had discovered a long time ago, was a profoundly liberating experience: as she dove down and pushed her legs together, she felt no pain as she adopted what she guiltily regarded as her true form. Skin gave way to cascading blue scales, feet flattened and branched out into a wide and graceful fin - and before long, she gave a mighty kick of her tail, the black and blue scales captivating to behold as she went deeper and deeper, waiting for Cordelia to follow.

Cori watched curiously as Jenn transformed. She was surprised to see that the armour was designed to accomodate her tail, but, if she was honest, she knew she shouldn't be. The Mandalorians were renowned armour smiths, so it made sense that they would be able to create designs that suited all species. Cori probably should have known that, but she had never been interested in armour designs and most technology didn't make that much sense to her. That was an Ersansyr stereotype she was sad to say she fell into - bad with tech. Some others included talking too much, seducing innocent individuals with their voices and being able to read minds. Jenn would have to get used to those if she was an Ersansyr now, though her armour mostly shielded what species she was. That was good. Cori didn't want her new friend to receive some of the invasive questions she had been asked before.

As Jenn dived, Cori followed, changing into her true form herself. Her legs knit together, the teal of her pants transforming into the top of her tail, and her pink fabrics transforming into two stripes along her sides. Cori's feet disappeared as these pink stripes came together at the bottom of her tail to form her main fin, which boasted a magnificent gradient from pink, to orange, to a brighter, almost yellow orange. Smaller fins, tinted pink, grew out of Cori's arms, and her ears became as soft and delicate as a butterfly's wings, their colour transitioning from her skin tone to a light teal. Her teeth were sharper, and her nails had become claws, but Cori didn't feel like she was in danger. No, it felt like she was home.

"Stars forgive me, but oh, how I missed flipping my fins", admitted the Siren as she settled in comfortably on the sea floor, where the sunlight yet reached them: they were not quite too deep just yet. With her true nature on full display, her helmet, armor and tail painted a picture both tantalizing... and ever-so slightly terrifying.

"I know the feeling," Cori replied, settling down beside her. "The blue and black colours of your fins suit you. Back home, you would be encouraged to pursue a career as a night watchman, as your scales would help with stealth. You'd probably be good at it too, being Mandalorian. Though I'm sure being a..um...Alor has it's own responsibilities. Not to mention your resort! I imagine you must be quite busy."

Last edited:
Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Scarif, Seafloor
| Objective | Form a bond; forget life's woes

Jenn was sometimes afraid of how impossibly good it felt for her to transform. It didn't hurt, after all - shifting was a remarkably soothing experience, somewhat akin to removing a tight pair of pants after a long day. By the time her legs finished merging and her fin unfurled, the Mandalorian felt nothing but a tranquil feeling of belonging. Talking with someone who understood this powerful yearning was a new experience, to be sure... but it all felt so very comfortable. Here, on the sea floor, resting against the sand, there was no need for her to worry about her legacy, her Clan, or any other sort of responsibility.

Now that she assumed her true form, the true elegance of her armor would become all too apparent: the way the deep blue complimented her tail could not have been a mere accident, given how it matched the dominant color of her scales... as did the three up-armored sections located at the sides of her neck, glowing a faint teal that guaranteed the intricate system was fully functioning, protecting her gills while allowing for oxygen to filter into them. This suit of armor had been meticulously crafted to answer the rigorous demand behind an Ersansyr's biology, circumventing the issue of life support entirely by moving the breathing apparatus from the helmet into the skintight undersuit beneath the armor plates.

"Your tail is gorgeous", spoke the Mandalorian in that pleasant sing-song voice so very characteristic of their kind, the inhuman visage of her helmet turned towards the Songbird at her side. The scratched-on, battle-scarred look of it all was oddly at home here... and terrifyingly so. The absence of a face was purposefully dehumanizing, of course; a cultural practice for Mandalorians that left most outsiders uneasy in their presence. To remove one's helmet in the presence of another was a significant act, even for those who did not ascribe to the zealous tenets of the Way of the Mandalore. Something reserved for friends, family, and lovers - although some were known to make exceptions for those they considered equals. Comfortable as she was with Cordelia, Jenn chose to hold on to a touch of wariness, if only to keep herself safe.

For now, her thoughts remained... fleeting. The sorcerer mentioned by this Songbird was undoubtedly a Sith, for only they possessed such immense knowledge of alchemy... but whether he was the original creator of their species or merely one well-versed in the occult science behind the process necessary to change a humanoid into an Ersansyr was up in the air. Not that such thoughts were relevant. Jenn abandoned that pursuit, choosing instead to latch onto the kindness offered to her as Cordelia acknowledged her as one of her people.

Such kindness called for recompense, and so Jenn brought her hands to her helmet, removing it with a hiss of depressurization. Before long, it was brought to rest against the sand beside her, her fiery mane of hair and glowing blue eyes truly enthralling to most. "The resort practically runs itself - I have very competent people managing it. Clan Kryze, however... well. The duty that falls upon my shoulders as the Alor is difficult to bear, at times. You see, my Clan was all but annihilated when the Sith laid waste to Manda'yaim and murdered my people by the millions. They waged a war of extermination, and for the longest time, I thought myself the last survivor to bear the name Kryze. It was when the Crusade began in earnest that doubt took hold of me. I have done... great wrong, under the Mandalorian Enclave. Wrongs I hoped to set right when I brought back the Clan from oblivion, recruited all those who shared the vision I held for my people, and left the Enclave behind. It is... a difficult journey. One I struggle with often, even with Valery's counsel."

Objective: Gain a friend

"Your tail is gorgeous", spoke the Mandalorian in that pleasant sing-song voice so very characteristic of their kind, the inhuman visage of her helmet turned towards the Songbird at her side.

"Thank you," Cori smiled, brushing a few stray grains of sand off the sparkling pink scales. "Those of us who live in the reef almost always have vibrant tails, to match the coral around us. That way, no matter where I go, it's almost like I carry a little bit of the reef with me."

A spell of sadness fell upon Cori's heart as she uttered those words. How long had it been seen she had seen home? Weeks, months? Surely not a whole year. But then, she had been so busy lately, so busy that she had neglected her family, her home, and...her true self. Cori longed her life on Aqualaris Minor so much, but she would also miss the temple if she gave up her duties as a jedi. She understood that, she just...wished that she could see her family more often. Cori missed them so much, her heart ached at the thought of their faces. And she missed her people, the only species who actually knew about the problems she faced on land. Cori had met many people belonging to other species in her time abroad, but only a few made her as comfortable in their presence as other Ersansyr did. That was what made this meeting so special - she had finally met a songbird who also walked in both worlds. A friend who understood. A rare gift in this cruel world.

Such kindness called for recompense, and so Jenn brought her hands to her helmet, removing it with a hiss of depressurization. Before long, it was brought to rest against the sand beside her, her fiery mane of hair and glowing blue eyes truly enthralling to most. "The resort practically runs itself - I have very competent people managing it. Clan Kryze, however... well. The duty that falls upon my shoulders as the Alor is difficult to bear, at times. You see, my Clan was all but annihilated when the Sith laid waste to Manda'yaim and murdered my people by the millions. They waged a war of extermination, and for the longest time, I thought myself the last survivor to bear the name Kryze. It was when the Crusade began in earnest that doubt took hold of me. I have done... great wrong, under the Mandalorian Enclave. Wrongs I hoped to set right when I brought back the Clan from oblivion, recruited all those who shared the vision I held for my people, and left the Enclave behind. It is... a difficult journey. One I struggle with often, even with Valery's counsel."

Cori's own glowing eyes widened as Jenn took her helmet off in front of her. From what she had read about Mandalorians, they very rarely took off their helmets, so much so that many outsiders believed them to never take them off at all. When the Mandalorians did take off their helmets, it was only ever in front of the people they deeply trusted. The thought that she was one of those people deeply touched Cori, she was speechless, shocked and grateful to be considered worthy of such a gesture.

But she wasn't worthy, was she? Jenn had no idea that she was a Jedi. She had been keeping that from her for fear of losing her, forever. Viscous, guilty thoughts swirled in her head, whispering angrily to her. You're a lier, a two faced siren, and a coward. Do you really think she would still take off her helmet and smile at you if she knew you were her sworn enemy?
Biting her lip, Cori knew she had to tell her the truth. Even if it ruined everything, she couldn't keep lying like this. The Jedi went to open her mouth to explain everyhting when the other Ersansyr began to speak, responding to the question that Cori had forgotten she had asked. Ignoring her crisis for a moment, she nodded as Jenn explained that the resort was easy to manage. Her expression turned grave as she described how her clan had been nearly wiped out by the Sith. Cori knew all too well the carnage of the Sith, their deadly hatred and murderous bloodlust, she had seen planets swallowed by their darkness many times, and though she had always fought against them, they would just keep coming back. She had many sith enemies, but only one Sith was her friend. Or at least she was, before the darkside had mutilated her mind and personality. Cori had hoped that her friend might be forgiven, but she saw now that the actions of the Sith were unforgivable. How could anyone be evil enough to lead such a vicious campaign of genocide against an innocent group of people? How could they ever be forgiven?

"I'm so sorry, Jenn," Cori eventually whispered, her voice no longer a joyful sing song tone but a sad, empathetic one, which rang with mournful notes, as if it was a requiem to the people her friend had lost. "I wish that that had never happened to you."

Jenn then continued on, and began to speak about the crusade and the Mandalorian enclave. Cori's ear fins literally pricked up at Jenn's confession that the enclave had done great wrong. The real shock, however, was hearing her admit that she had left the enclave, and was talking to someone called Valery, who couldn't possibly be Valery Noble, could it? Cori's head was reeling but even in her confusion, she was able to recognise the feeling of joy slowly filling her heart, as she realised: Jenn was not her enemy. Jenn wouldn't hate her for being a Jedi. They were free to be friends without anything getting in the way. Cori let out a sigh of genuine relief, inwardly praising the force for this turn of events.

"Valery? That wouldn't be Valery Noble, would it?" she asked. "The head of the Jedi order? My order? You see, I...I am a jedi. A knight and a guardian. I endeavour to help people, no matter what." She smiled guiltily at Jenn, as if to say 'sorry I didn't tell you sooner'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom