Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Parent

"I...uhm, don't know." She replied, looking over to the bikes, not certain if she knew or not.

No, she had never been on a bike before. Actually never even gotten behind the controls of any vehicles as a matter of fact. Not that she didn't know how, but more of never needing to.
There was always some transport or shuttle that she easily took. Ayda was not even one to space travel, just for the sake or pleasure of it. Her feet most times were rooted at her given present location. She was although very adaptive.

The campaigns which were based from The Allied Tion Medical Center had always provided her with easy access to transports. Ok, so some flights were rarely non-stop and required her to do several connecting flights to reach any of the said destinations. Ayda never minded those at all. It were understandable such travel conditions and restrictions, as these campaigns didn't have any commercial non-stop flights to war torn systems and the like. So however long it took...it were a given to her and she never fret about it, as such matters were out of her scope of control.

"I could give it a-" Wait. Why not have her new friend show her?

"You can show me...teach me!" She suddenly beamed an excited smile.
Sure, why not? Suddenly, Ayda had this desire to...to try something which didn't have a purpose behind it other than that it could be fun.

Sure, she seen many people, even students using such local transports bikes on Lianna. But she never gave it a thought on getting on one, not up until now. Could she pick it up and learn to ride them, she thought? Ayda wasn't sure. But somehow that mattered little to her. Just the idea of learning, doing something which her friend Maeve did, seemed...awesome at the moment.

Yes...it were how she could describe this sensation she were suddenly feeling...it were awesome.
It were one of many avenues of bonding. And she were keen on that aspect.

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

Sometimes Maeve didn't really understand how sheltered Ayda's life had been. Maeve raised with her family, on a farm, traversing the galaxy, causing ruckus with her brother D'ral all seemed quite normal to her.

Maeve couldn't imagine living Ayda's life. Maybe there was a point to it that she didn't understand yet. So...Maeve was to be a teacher on life. Introduce her to a family that fought, and loved one another. Now teach her to ride a bike that most children learned very early.

"OK...I can teach you the way my Buir taught me. It might seem a little harsh and you might fall a few times but it's good I know a Doctor and Healer." Maeve wiggled her fingers for Ayda to come closer.

"OK...you sit here, so first this is get on. Your feet go down here" Maeve kept talking "your hands go on the bars here, but don't do anything there because your controls are there we'll cover them in a minute."

She waited for her to get situated.

[member="Ayda Elisantra"]

She looked over the swoop bike then to Maeve, before she placed her hand to where instructed.
Ayda took well to instructions and had always been a fast learner. The bike was much simpler in operation than some of the medical equipment, but it seemed to rely all on a person's ability and prowess to properly operate it.

"Throttle...yes..." She understood as Maeve explained it were one of the main control components of operation...it controlled the bike's power curve.
It were for the most part everything that made it move and made it dangerous. She were instructed several times to ease the throttle...never jerk it. At least not for the time being....to ease it at first.
This naturally were demonstrated by Maeve as she had shown Ayda to put the motivator to a neutral position, enabling the engine to rev, but not move the bike.

Ayda nodded, taking it all in.
"Uhm...how do I get the front of the bike from facing the wall?"

It were easy, as Maeve instructed Ayda in using her foot to place the motivator in reverse. She then placed her hand over Ayda's and gently twisted the throttle ever so slightly. it caused the bike to start backing up. Ayda let Maeve's hand over her's do the guiding.
"Hehe...yes...I see.." Ayda nodded with amusement, as Maeve walked the bike with Ayda on it, guiding it backwards and then swung the bike to turn facing no obstructions.

Ayda then were coaxed into just giving it a little throttle and then pull back.
"Little, then pull back...gotcha..." Ayda nodded, as Maeve took a few steps back, urging her to once again give it a little, feel the bike move forward and then to ease off.

Ayda did just that...give it a little, feeling the bike slightly lift as it moved forward then easing off, causing the bike to glide to a gentle stop.
She then looked back to see what Maeve thought.
"I did good?..." Ayda beamed a proud eager smile to her instructor.

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

"Did great, all you need is practice and the roads from here to the Green House will give you lots of that. You want to try it alone while I follow. We can go slow we dont' have to speed down there in seconds flat."

It would be good to do something else besides performing bedside manner. A little bit of breeze blowing through their hair maybe a glass of wine at the Vinerium and of course the tour of the Green House. It was a good afternoon. Maeve understood that Ayda was interested in talking with her mother but Maeve also wanted Ayda to get to know Alderaan. Her family ties to it, and what it meant to them to be family.

Maeve laughed to herself for a minute maybe Ayda should meet Theo he might match her calm but he'd bring her out of her shell. If D'ral were around she'd but him to do it but..he wasn't. He was off somewhere doing something that eventually she'd catch up to him.

It were settled...she could take it slow and on her own. Maeve would trail next to Ayda, having her go at a pace she felt comfortable with.

Ayda gave it a good thinking over, checking over the bike controls as it hovered in neutral. She then confidently nodded. Yes, she could give it a go.
She waited for Maeve to K-turn the other bike and come up next to her. With a given 'go' from Maeve, Ayda eased the throttle up...hearing the engine pick up in revs.
only nothing happened...

"Oops..." Yes, Ayda had forgotten to engage it in forward. With a tap of her heel, it engaged and she started to move the bike forward, with Maeve not too distant away.
It got easier, and easier as they left the main house and on to what was an old country road..or ease-way as some would call it. Whatever it were called, on this world, it were quite a scenic road as it opened up to Alderaan's beautiful forested hills and farmlands.
The feeling of control and stability enabled Ayda to edge a little faster, but not too fast. She naturally throttled it up a few times and then backing it off as she were feeling the bike responsiveness. Ayda were a quick learner for sure, just not a careless one. But she did however settle on a good cruising speed, as she started to enjoy not only the bike, but the scenery.
In no time before the first few kilometer went by, she and Maeve were going at quite a good leisurely pace. After all, it were no race and there weren't any particular time they had to be anywhere. It was for the most part, a time out for the two.

She had never been on Alderaan before. It reminded her a bit of Lianna..her surrogate home world where she grew up. But unlike Lianna, Alderaan was greener, rich in both natural flora and farmlands that seemed to meld in such a natural way. She were quite impressed with Alderaan...with New Alderaan, for it were much more than she had ever imagined. yes, Ayda knew of the original Alderaan that had been turned into an asteroid belt by the evil of men...humans mostly. It were something beyond her imagination to phantom as to how humans could have destroyed an entire system. And it were just for the sole reason as to prove a point..nothing more. Millions of lives had perished so quickly.
But here on New Alderaan, she could feel the spirits of old and new alike calling this place home.

"This is fun..." She shouted over to Maeve who was closely pacing her.
"How long have you been riding these..woop bikes?" She had to shout a bit over the wind noise.

"Swoop?..." she got corrected.
"Oh yea, swoop bikes?"

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

How long had a been riding, "Ever since I can remember. My parents believed we needed to learn things early." Maeve left off the piece about life and death, mandalorian way for now. She'd tell Ayda about it later right now this was about some fun.

"Yes SWOOOOP bike" She laughed she so wanted to kick up the speed but knew that right now Ayda couldn't handle it alone. "The Green house is 1 click that way" Maeve pointed, "keep a straight path and we'll get there fine." Straight line was the shortest difference and there were no major obstacles, no water falls, no mountains, no cliffs, no crevasses, just trees and the green of the valley.

"I learned a lot growing up, the more I could take in the more I wanted. Swoops, basilisk, transports, shuttle, air speeders...ambulance" She laughed again remembering how her mother told her that everyone always needs someone who can drive fast. Maeve took it to heart.

"Maybe i can show you the thranta later." that would throw her for a loop wouldn't it. A creature with no legs, that flew, and that the Alderaani rode. Yep Maeve would like to see her face for that.

"Pft...fpruuu..." Ok, so looking over to Maeve who was riding parallel to her, got Ayda a mouthful of her own hair.
She made a mental note to keep her wide smile shut, despite her excitement.

Yes, it were her first time on a swoop bike or any vehicle on her own. And so far, it weren't so hard either. One just had to keep in mind what was coming up ahead and in what direction one wished to go. It were much like walking in a way. One simply walked to where they wished.
only that walking had been a learned thing. She, nor any mortal knew how to walk upon creation.

But she had good motor skills now and certainly not only followed directions, but also learned by watching others. and in this case, Maeve.
"Ohh...look!..." She then exclaimed watching a hare scurry off to the side as they seemed to come up to where it had been grazing.
Then two more darted out and away...one running ahead of her bike. yes, the hare was going faster than they were.

Ayda looked over to Maeve again, this time keeping her grin tightly under wraps, despite she were having a blast. She knew they were likely going much slower than her friend usually rode them.
Ayda then gave it a little bit of throttle, revving the engine up a bit which caused the bike to jump forward momentarily. She laughed, finding it quite exciting.

"I don't know how fast I can go. But why don't I try following you, Maeve? I'll try to keep up." She shouted over the slight wind noise. Ayda did want to go faster. Only she weren't reckless and thought it best if she tried keeping up with Maeve, instead of pushing the bike on her own. She was OK so far but she definitely knew that she were lacking in experience. She just needed to follow what Maeve did.
Simple...right?

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

"You want to follow me hmmm it is a straight shot. Bu I don't know Ayda I know the roads and paths, and I think you might get lost. I think you go as fast as you think you can handle and I'll make sure you dont' get hurt. How would it look if the Dr. got hurt?"

It would be handled for certain and no one would think twice though she was sure some snickers would be shared. "Besides my mother would scold me till the thranta come home if you got hurt on Alderaan." She would be held accountable and etc etc. A mother thing for certain.

"Hares..that's the small animals here. Let's hope we don't run into any of the manka cats." Course Maeve had grown up with Edee, her mother's pet. But Edee had never been truly wild. There is nothing more catch your breath then waking up with a manka staring you in the force patting your head wanting you to wake up.

Yeah..Edee was all pet. Except when they were in danger then she was all cat.

"come on give it some throttle let's see how fast you can go." Maeve would be close but if Ayda wanted fast they'd got faster.

Throttle it be...

Ayda's speeder lunged forward, it's gyro momentarily struggled in keeping it's nose level. But level it remained with just enough altitude gained so as to buffer what force the mass of the bike affected the envelope of air in relation to it's speed, thus keeping the dust from kicking up.

Ayda got a kick out of the acceleration, as it were near instantaneous. But speed to her was new and as fast as she felt she were going, there seemed to be someone else faster; Maeve.

Maeve came up next to her before gunning her own throttle and taking lead again. Ayda exclaimed in delight as she watched her friend pass her. But Maeve wasn't showing off by no means, no. It soon was apparent that they had somewhat reached their destination as her bike which had taken lead were banking to the right. Ayda pursued, keeping just a few meters distance from her tail end. They had reached Glarus Valley and supposedly her mother's satellite greenhouse.
Sure enough, as Maeve slowed down, there ahead of them seemed to be what had been described as the greenhouse and along with it, it's support outer buildings and grounds.

Ayda followed Maeve until she came to a stop just next to one of the outcrop structure next to the greenhouse.
"Wow, it-
Oh my.......pft..pft..." Ayda found herself spiting off a segment of what had possibly been a flying insect that had precariously landed almost in her mouth. She hadn't realized it at first, thinking it were her hair whipping in the wind.

"..Ok, that didn't taste very well...pft.." She got off her speeder stepping closer to her friend, discarding any last remnant of bug anatomy from her lips.

"I was saying..it's quite a large greenhouse. I wondered why it wasn't located closer to your house."

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

Maeve laughed, "because my mother is growing some exotic and well some things about the green house aren't for everyone to see." Maeve headed towards the front door, "it's always summer in here, in a couple of others its like the desert. My buir keeps plants from across the galaxy specific plants for specific planets. Some can only be seen in green houses and observatories."

Rare or close to extinct some of them were but in there also her mother was making some things to protect Alderaan and anyone else that came near Clan Ordo, or the family.

Maeve put in the code, "ok...here we go." the moist air from within the green house filtered out the heat tolerable in this part of the green house. Inside wonders everwhere in a myriad of colors.

She would leave the exotic for a little bit but first inside

2d9e9f747f8d25b06d3d210c7210ae3ehK3CUFcW-2-ro.jpg
"Buir has been trying to create an environment that could self sustain. This is her idea for the water in this part of the green house" This setting is off to the right as they entered off to the left

img-43_orig.jpg

"Flowers and planets ever where. Some reason my buir loves them." Rianna had for most of her life enjoyed gardening and flowers only now in her later years did she find alternative uses.

Maeve wondered what would Ayda think if she knew that her mother was using the green house to communicate with the Resistance. Plants were sent to a specific person, depending on the plant's origin meant that was where supplies were needed. So if the point of contact got a plant from Tattooine that meant send supplies there the resistance would meet them and get re-supplied.\

"They're much more ... " She drew closer to one species of desert plants. "...vibrant and unique than in the holo renditions." Ayda said.
Yes, she had come upon some similar looking plants, but on holographic journals...medical journals that went over some common natural healing properties of plants. The plants in the holograms were nothing at all like the real plants right in front of her. The real plants were as unique as people.

She had been following Maeve as her friend was giving her a small tour. At first it were all overwhelming, so much flora and plants of not just varied species but of different systems from all the belts of the galaxy.
well, not every plant and species per say as there were literally countless millions if not more, but there were so many that it certainly were too much to just take as a casual look.
Ayda couldn't even recognize any as she had only ever been on a handful of systems. The chances of her coming upon some species she could recognize were slim, if they were at all even represented here.

And this greenhouse according to Maeve was just one of many that her mother kept.

Ayda didn't even have the words to ask as to how Maeve's mom came about to collect so many species from so many worlds. All she could do was admire one plant then another. The names of some had a sort of familiarity, mostly due to botanical categorization were almost similar to that of medical. Still, it were difficult to really know their meaning. Then of course many were labeled as they were called on their system.

"Eek..." she jumped back. Well, more like pull her hand back.

"Oh my...
It tried to- ...it tried to bite me!...Hahahaha..." She broke out in an amusing chuckle. The plant had snapped at her when she went to feel it, as it seemed soft, delicate and baby-like with it's stem looking like little baby stubbles. It was so cute. But it was a carnivorous species and it loved insects...and little lady fingers, like Ayda's.

"It's so cute though.... look at it, it looks like it's sad now." She said, pointing to it, but at quite a safer distance her finger. And sure enough, the plant mimicked a sad posture, with it's main bulb hanging low like it was sad.
Ayda drew her finger closer to it again, but not as close as she had done before. The plant remained in it's sad posture.

"Hehe...oh you are a sly little plant, aren't you?...Hehe.." She spoke to it.

The plant then slowly raised it's bulb and opened up it's bulb to display a wonderful inviting flower with sweet nectar at it's center.

"Hmm...hehe...it smells like honey..." Ayda commented, turning to Maeve who was watching her having a good time with the carnivorous plant.

"I once came upon something similar on Rhinal. They called them Fuzzy fly traps. A few children had fun catching the flies in the orphanage and then bringing them to the Fuzzy fly traps on our day out. The plants used to litter near the woods by the buildings. I think a lot of the kids thought them as pets."

"We weren't allowed to have pets in the rooms...maybe that's why they fed the plants like that.
I had a pet once. Only I got into trouble as I kept it in the dorm room. It were a Zerneck...you know, a small vermin. But it was my friend....my only friend..." She recalled, moving away from the plant. In doing so, it closed up it's flower and remained poised as she had first come up to it.
It didn't bother Ayda to recall that she really didn't have any friends back at the orphanage, as she was kind of different from the others. She was quieter, less excitable and kept to herself... besides being quite obedient to the caretakers. Well, except the time she made friends with a vermin and kept it as a pet. When the staff discovered that, she got quite reprimanded, besides getting a good scrub-down. She was like 6 years of age then. Not that she wouldn't do the same at 17. She loved living things.

"Oh wow... what kind of plant is that?!" Ayda then stepped over to another table.

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

"Oh let me see...um...I think it's a baby thornsniper don't put your fingers back there again. It's carnivorous I'm surprised its out here. All the special plants are behind locked doors." She shook her head, "I'll have to let buir know that one has escaped."

She headed towards the big double doors, "In there that's what I want to show you, don't touch anything ok...I wouldn't want to have to explain to my buir you lost your head." Maeve entered the code to the doors that waited for her to open them.

"She recently got a Gorshian hands of death that I've wanted to see. This section has all the exotics. she makes shrink grenades, and a few poisons, and other things from the plants in here. Those out there are what we send as gifts they don't bite either..except that one." She still wasn't sure how the thornsniper got out. They had to be watched big enough and some of these plants would eat the workers.

Maeve pushed the door once Ayda got near, protective fences and fields surrounded the plants inside. "its amazing what the galaxy has created...and scary."

What her mother made from them just left her with her head shaking, poisons, shrink grenades, and then there were the ones that bite..so much and so many uses.

"I think there's some good we can get out of some of these. But we'd have to put it through the Green House Labs." Yes she was interested in medicine more than weapons.

She pulled her hand away from the small plant and once more it seemed to imitate it were sad, tilting it's main flower-like bud down.
Ayda chuckled, at it's antics, for it did evoke sympathy for the plant as it mimicked sadness. Still, Maeve's warning were not just a cautious one, there were indeed plants that devoured little women and children...and at times even men.

Ayda simply took to following her friend into the next section, paying closer attention to Maeve's actions than letting her own curiosity explore the tended plants.
"I see what you mean..." She looked over the expanse of the more exotic but dangerous plants.

"It's not hard to imagine how much more dangerous they can be when fully matured..." Yes, they were mostly young plants that were nursed here. Well, mostly.... as Ayda spotted a few that were behind what apparently were containment fields. Those appeared to be almost full size, if she were to guess.
Maeve was right about the galaxy. It was still not all fully explored and the majority that was, had yet to reveal all of it's varied life forms, including plant life.

"You're saying that your mom and family find medicinal properties and other beneficial purposes from many of these species...even those?" She pointed to the larger more ominous looking plants in the room.

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

Maeve looked over to where Ayda pointed, "um. Well they find a lot of medicinal properties but well after the civil war on Mandalore she started looking at other ways as well. When civil war was declared Ayda anyone who had a force connection was told to leave or be put to death. They were told they weren't true mandalorians anymore they weren't dar'manda which is good but it hurt my clan deeply since many of them were force users. My sister, [member="Ginnie Dib"] is still there I don't know how she is, I only she's there. My brother @d'ral ar'klim is in hiding I don't know why. Some things are just topsy turvy."

Maeve didn't talk much about these things and sometimes she knew others didn't want to hear these tales but tonight being home she just felt like ayda needed to know whole stories not half. If you ever meet Arla maybe she will adopt you then you can be family." Maeve laughed trying to be light but Ayda didn't have family not real family being part of the clan would give her that.

BUT it would also mean adopting a new way of life. Learning new customs, Learning a new language...that could be difficult.

"Anyhow....behind that door are the meat flowers, don't go in there alone. We will explore out here for a bit. So see anything you want to look at?"

"Uhm...yea, the meat flowers..." She simply replied with a huge smile on her features.
And why wouldn't she be curious as to what kind of plants could come about with such an unusual name?

What were meat flowers? Was that a metaphor like bread-fruits? Ayda had once thought that some plants could indeed bear fully developed bread of sort, despite the fact she knew it had to be improvable. Still, she had to know and soon discovered that bread-fruits didn't really bear any bread at all...not even fruit cakes. But it did bear good staple.

"I'd like to very much know what they are really...these meat flowers..." Now curiosity certainly was getting the best of her, as she hadn't been to any such greenhouses of this nature. Ayda had known and did indeed enjoy the botanical gardens on Lianna just outside the hospital grounds. She often enjoyed walking about on her own, to not only clear her mind but take on the fragrances of the flora. And alone most times she did go and explore the woods, pastures and fields around her when she could, as not many who knew Ayda would spend much time hanging around with her.

It weren't that she wasn't a good person or sweet; it just seemed that she didn't have a wildness in her for she were always sweet, soft spoken and didn't mind one bit being alone. But she did indeed enjoy company...just about any company. She were that way. It didn't matter the caste or race...or anything which society had somehow defined classes. Such divisions didn't exist in her psyche and she didn't let it fester to have it take any hold on her...even if it could.

Ayda was a pure soul since her creation. And she were still exploring the world's around her and the many life forms which the creator had entrusted souls too. Maeve had certainly a good soul, despite her connection with a rather robust example of both family and extended family, like the clans.
Speaking of which... as Maeve was guiding her

"The current majority of Mandos on Mandalore are angry over force users?...all force connected users.?..even Jedi?"
Little did Ayda know that at one point in galactic history, the jedi fought against the Mandos. But why would she have come upon such history, as Ayda had mostly studied biology and sciences...
Still, how strange that were, if such a people took that kind of stance just based on one's ability to connect with the force. It made little sense, if at all improbable that anything could be done to prevent that connectivity to the force. For even if a parent was not currently connected to it, they could still sire one that had a natural connection to the force. Such thinking as in doing away with all force users was a fallacy, if not a failure for those who did not understand that what the Creator intended. And that was for all to share together.

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

"Meat flowers I don't know how they got the name but I know this, big enough they'll eat you...whole." She smiled and tried to make it seem light but it wasn't the plants were dangerous. She often thought her mother was growing them to send after the Sith but it was more like she was trying to figure them out. They were dangerous.

Some part of the green house were worse than that holo Little Shop of Horrors. The green house had its own horrors as well as its own beauty. Perhaps that was why Maeve liked it so much besides it was quiet here. It was almost like being on a farm when she was growing up with her family. Guess that was the real draw it felt like life all the living things inside she could feel them and it was a comfort.

"As for Mandalore, even now no one with force sensitivity is allowed there. Jedi or not. Jedi are..not welcome last I knew." The War took a lot from Clan Ordo actually there was no Clan Ordo right now, just a splinter group of mando'ade that said they were. But there was a time when Clan Ordo was the largest group, so many members, family, such good times back when her father was young and sang at the top of his lungs.

Good things.

"Not everyone likes people with the force. They're afraid, you know how it is afraid of what they don't understand so its easy to say it's bad" Maeve stopped and looked at the tiny purple flowers with the silvery star at the center they sat quietly in their pots just being pretty.

"Hmm...that seems to ail a lot of individuals....fear of the unknown." She nodded.
Ayda understood what Maeve was meaning as she herself had often came across such individuals through her short lifetime among mortals.

So many misunderstood her and shunned her, even when she was much younger and as vulnerable as any small child. Still, Ayda persevered and dealt with it, learning to mask her true spirit.

"There are so many things by which I find hard to understand..." She followed her friend through the greenhouse passages and rows of exotic flora within.
"Fear does not exist on its own, nor can itself manifest. It's not an entity at all, but a state by which one creates of an unknown. Once created, it can fester much like a virus and spread among weak minded individuals..." She stopped there for a moment before turning to her friend.

"Have you ever created fear, Maeve? .... I know that I've experienced it in variant degrees.
seems to be the nature of humans to succumb to it.
How often have you come to confront your fears?" She asked.
Even one of pure spirit could experience fear and Ayda was no different than anyone despite her connection to the everlasting light.

But it were daunting, this fear by which mortals were so keen on having. Ayda couldn't understand it fully... at least not yet, for she were still learning what it was to be human, and a female at that.
Yes, Ayda were curious of many things and aspects still despite her growing up among the living. This of course now included the many species of plants.
Although she did heed Maeve's warnings about being careful about the plants. Especially the ones she kind of sensed were alluring. She were just learning today that sweet plants could be like some dark spirits that dwelled among the living under the same guise as sweetness.

"She thought about what Ayda said, had she ever created fear. "No, not like that anyhow. Besides my parents kept me away from all of that so that..well they wanted me to have happy memories."

For the most part Maeve did she didn't have to face the evil of the galaxy until she left the protection of her family. Sometimes it was easier to hide away from it all but that would help no one. She knew that she had to show people not to be afraid. She wanted to make more friends she wanted to grow...but all things come slowly.

She smiled, "I don't know if I confront them in the ways you have. I was thinking of going to see Mandalore. See what happens. I can't tell my mother that but I can try to reach my sister [member="Ginnie Dib"] I think she will talk to me." It was the only way she knew to try to fill the anxiety in her chest with something else, to go confront it all head on just like Arla had.

"Want to go?"

Her smile broadened at the mention of happy memories.
Yes, she understood what Maeve were meaning, as she too held on to those life experiences that helped her understand the mortal existence of not only herself, but of the infinite souls experiencing life across the galaxy.

It was without say, that if Angels were among the mortal souls of living beings that they too would bask in the light of what had been created by the Divine Mother. Life was as precious to the caretakers as it were to the seeded children of the Creator....beings possessing their own souls.
And Ayda had tempered her spirit to hold on to life precious. She too held a firm grip on her given mortal life.

As wondrous as the plethora of flora by which she never had come to know existed, Ayda was entranced by Maeve's longing for that which had brought happiness to her heart as a child. As children, spirits were as pure as they would ever be before experiencing life to adulthood. And Maeve longed for that purity she once had in her life...a life among her Mando clan and family.

Ayda had understood this, for she herself were bonded to her benefactors..the orphanage and the hospital by which she had been brought up. The two cultures were dissimilar by creed, but in many ways the same by spirit. Maeve's heart were forever bound to her roots, the Mando culture... and Ayda to the Hippocratic oath of Healers.

"Did you not say that your family...yourself may not at all be welcomed on Mandalore?" Ayda was concerned that perhaps maeve longed for something which currently had become forbidden by her culture's inner disputes.
Unlike some of the heated debates Ayda had been made privi of, concerning hospital policies under their current sith lords; Maeve carried much greater risk as her family were considered outcasts in her former clan...

"Isn't it a mortal risk that you would be taking in going there without permission?
I mean...if there is strife between the Clans concerning one's bloodline connection to the force, then it could not only place you in immediate danger, but that of your family. They will no doubt come to where you are. They will succumb to the fear that you could be harmed, Maeve." Yes of course Ayda understood as to why Maeve wished not to inform her mother at what her heart was tugging her to do. Her people in kind on Mandalore had been divided. But it were Maeve's spirit which beat in her heart for Mandalore and this Ayda understood... she could feel it in Maeve, as if it were her own heart.

Ayda didn't know what exactly she herself could do for Maeve, but perhaps still her friend's fears if they should manifest. There were no other answer than-
"Yes, if you wish for me to accompany you, then it is set."

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"]

She nodded, "It's possible, anything is possible" her voice trailed off for a moment. "My sister is there. I think my other sister there too, I don't know." Sometimes Maeve felt as if she didn't know anything. "Last I knew the answer to your question is no we wouldn't be welcome."

If things had changed so much she did not know but there was only one way to find out, go there. "Mortal risk." She had to think about that, "no worst they will do is put me back on my ship and send me back."

She shrugged, "depends on the reception. If they really want to make an example of us, they call our Alor in and make an example." they could do a lot of things like chop a hand off or more.

"In time we'll go," she laughed again, "my mother probably already knows. She's gifted like that." It was odd her mother sense of the future something Maeve had not developed. Which meant her mother would either try to reason with her or let her go.

"So. Can I interest you in any plants?" There were a number that she could give without question as long as Ayda took care of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom