Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Meet The Master

qC8JFYe.png

Objective: Train with Thelma
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth / Valery Noble Valery Noble

div1.png

With the three of them ordering ice water, Valery asked the waiter to also bring some food menus so they could have a look at what they had to order. Silas nodded slowly in response to her answers, his lips forming a slight smile when she mentioned they were almost ready to go on their important trip to the sith planet "That's fantastic master, me and Thelma should be done with what we want to be completed by then" the padawan said, gazing at his master as if he knew what game she was playing.

The only problem was he and Thelma were not going to see each other for two days. It would be punishing for Silas and Valery knew that well "Yes Thelma, it's something we've been planning for a while. Without going there, I won't be able to move forward with my training. That can be explained for another time though..." he said with a secret reassuring squeeze of her hand from under the table.

When Valery turned her attention to Thelma, he used the opportunity to pick up the menu and have a look. There were many nice things he couldn't have with Valery here, but even if that was the case he was going to play a game of his own. Giving a brief grin to Thelma, he was happy that she was finally getting her own master. Whoever it was, Silas hoped they'd help her be comfortable with who she was.

Politely motioning the waiter over, he first shot a cheeky look to Valery "Can I have a... cheeseburger please?" he said with confidence, knowing that she was sure to be unamused by his choice <"But as a little trick, I want a veggie burger. Try and disguise it as cheese if you can"> the padawan said telepathically to the waiter while still looking straight at Valery. The worker looked down at him and casually nodded with a smile, indicating that he had taken his order. Looking to the others, he awaited their orders too.

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

After letting Silas answer the Dathomir question, Valery asked about Thelma's training and smiled at the answer, "A Consular, hm? Healers are a small part of that but there is much more to them. Seers and Lorekeepers were two traditional branches of the Consulars you don't see as much anymore." Aeris was the only Lorekeeper she knew, and one day Vera is likely going to turn into one of the few Jedi Seers.

Valery's gaze then shifted to the menu as well but before she really had a chance to make up her mind, the waiter appeared and took Silas' offer. She knew exactly why he was ordering a cheeseburger, but she wasn't going to let him win this fight. "Cheeseburger, huh? Good pick, I'll take one too, please," she said with an innocent smile. "But I'd like the XL version with extra cheese and bacon."

The Waiter blinked in surprise but quickly nodded and wrote it down before taking Thelma's order as well.

"Put it all on my tab too, please."

Once the Waiter had all their orders, he'd leave and Valery just briefly smirked in Silas' direction before turning back to Thelma. "So Silas mentioned you helped him with clothing. How did you get into it? As a hobby or is it something you've always taken seriously as well?"

"That's fantastic master, me and Thelma should be done with what we want to be completed by then."

Thelma blinked in confusion at his phrasing, only growing more puzzled by his answer to her question about the Dathomir trip. Her brow furrowed. She supposed it wasn’t her place to pry into his affairs, although… “Should I be worried?” she asked.

Valery spoke a little about the Consular branches. Thelma nodded along. It was all stuff she already knew. Although truth be told, her motives for wanting to become a Consular had more to do with trying to escape her violent, bestial nature than an actual desire to become an archivist or a seer. Every time she had gone with the other Padawans into battle, she had given in to her hunger, feeding on her enemies in secret. But she wasn’t about to tell Valery Noble about that…

The waiter arrived with their waters, and stayed to take their food orders. Thelma sipped her drink while the others made their selections, oblivious to the battle of wills between master and apprentice. “I’ll take the same thing as her,” she said, pointing to Val.

"So Silas mentioned you helped him with clothing. How did you get into it? As a hobby or is it something you've always taken seriously as well?"

It’s part of my culture, I guess,” Thelma replied, gathering droplets of condensation on the side of her glass with her fingertips. “All the older women in our community knew how to sew. They would watch me when I was younger, because my father had to work and my mother was… sick. I learned it from them. There’s not a whole lot I’m good at, but I like to sew and I think I’m pretty okay at it. And I like making people feel good about themselves, even if it’s just the clothes they’re wearing.

qC8JFYe.png

Objective: Train with Thelma

div1.png

"Worried? no Thelma. We've both prepared extensively for this trip, both of us will not let it go wrong" he said with a brief smile to Valery, who was probably eager to take her padawan on his big test "I'll tell you all about it when we get back" he reassured the girl. There were no doubts in Silas's mind they weren't going to return, he wouldn't have gone on the trip if he didn't believe in his ability.

Looking to Valery again with an amused look, he waited to see how she'd react. To his shock, she did something that was very unexpected. Silas's eyes opened wide when she ordered an XL cheeseburger, one that towered over his tiny veggie burger. Silas had never seen his master eat junk food before, she was obviously going to big lengths in order to stay one step ahead of her Padawan "But master!" Silas blurted out, clearly still trying to catch himself, especially after she was paying on her tab.

In desperation, he tried to gain the attention of the waiter, but to his horror, he had already walked back into the kitchen. Oh, this was going to be torture watching the two of them eat their food in front of him. Briefly putting his head in his hands, the padawan's head perked up when Thelma was talking about her sewing.

"Yea, in ways it's how the two of us met. I came to her one of the days when one of my overalls got ripped because I couldn't afford to get it fixed at a store. Thelma accidentally put pink threading on the repair but I chose to keep it..." he said with a blush of his cheeks "And since then we've... known each other ever since" Silas gave a warm smile to the girl before quickly snapping out of it when he saw Valery looking "Hey Master, you should probably go to her if you can't fix anything yourself. But you know, considering how long you've been around..." Silas said in a lowered voice towards the end, giving her a nervous bite back to her teasing.

Last edited:

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"But master!"

"What's wrong? I have cheat days, too." She smiled innocently and then turned to Thelma as she ordered the same. It seemed like a big burger for such a small woman, but maybe she was just really hungry. Either way, Valery grinned and dipped her head, "Good choice, Thelma. The burgers here are amazing."

Valery then listened to what Thelma told her about her sewing history and smiled, almost a little sadly. There was very little she remembered about where she was from, and what her people were like. The only thing that stuck was a few songs and melodies she'd occasionally hum or sing.

Soon, with a planned trip to Keshi, that would likely change.

"Maybe I will," she assured Silas while she ignored his jab in favor of just grinning at him when the burgers arrived. "I'd love to actually have some new dresses made, so maybe I can visit sometime to take measurements and we could work something out?" She smiled warmly but quickly shifted to her burger.

"I don't know how I'm even going to take a bite out of this, but at least it'll taste good." Valery grinned and looked down at Silas' burger, noticing that it was very different. "Huh, did they make a mistake with your order? That looks like a veggie burger..." she cringed at the idea and decided to set aside those thoughts with a large bite from her burger.

It was so good.

That’s good,” Thelma said, feeling a bit embarrassed over her concern. “It’s just that Dathomir is very dangerous…” At least, that’s what she’d heard. She’d never been there herself.

Silas seemed shocked that Val had ordered a cheeseburger. Val gleefully deemed it a cheat day. Thelma, on the other hand, had to eat a lot of food to compensate for her not feeding on memories.

The banter between them took some time to get used to, but Thelma was beginning to learn how to tell when they were being serious and when they were just joking around. It was like a sport, only instead of tossing a ball between them, they exchanged petty jabs with one another. The insults were never below the belt or too close to the bone. It was clear that they were really quite close. Thelma was reminded of her relationship with Maxim Koschei, her old master. It had been as much a friendship as an apprenticeship.

I’m sure I could make something for you,” Thelma agreed.

Then the food arrived. Thelma didn’t seem at all surprised or put off by the size of the XL burger, though she did cut it in half with a knife to at least make it easier for her to eat. In between bites, Thelma glanced toward Silas’ plate as Val mentioned it looked like he had gotten the wrong thing. Well, hopefully he would tell them—Val was paying for the food, after all, and if they charged him for a cheeseburger but gave him something else, that was a waste of her money.

qC8JFYe.png

Objective: Survive

div1.png

The fact they were both going to be eating proper burgers in front of him almost made him sink into his seat. Veggie burgers didn't taste of anything at all, there were no explosive flavors, eye candy presentation nor meat to fill his appetite. It was like a punishment for even trying to challange his master, who was always one step ahead with her charm and smarts. He'd just have to swallow his pride and eat the burger like a true warrior. If he was able to survive eating rats when he was younger, he'd survive the two women eating a juicy burger in front of his eyes.

The one positive was the fact Valery was interested in Thelma making her a dress. He was sure a thing like that would help the girl warm up to his master better, making dresses was a comfortable environment for Thelma after all.

Soon enough, the dreaded burgers arrived. Looking over to the real burgers his eyes were seemingly glued, oh did they look tasty. Although, that dream ended when he looked down at the veggie dressed as a cheeseburger. Silas quickly frowned at his choices and slowly shook his head at Valery's words, ones that only rubbed more salt in the wounds. Deep down though, he loved this kind of relationship with his master. They always teased each other when the moments called for it. Valery didn't have a bad bone in her body, she was just very mischievous at heart.

"Well done, Master obvious," he said back with a glum look, looking away from the two as they took their first bites. Hesitantly, the padawan picked up his depressing burger and took a bite. He was tempted to ask the waiter for a cheeseburger instead, but considering they had their meals it would mean another serving. He wasn't that desperate to get revenge, considering Valery didn't have much money as it is.

"I swear that meat is raw master..." he lied with a straight face, trying to at least get something back against the woman who had turned his own trick against him. Looking to Thelma, he offered her a warm smile "As you can see, Master Valery likes to tease her padawans to the point of madness" he said halfheartedly, jokingly sticking his tongue out at Valery when she focused on another bite.

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

She had won their little battle.

Valery wasn't afraid to show it either and sat with a rather smug look on her face while Silas could only stare at their amazing burgers. But to see him just a little upset over having to eat that disgusting veggie burger he ordered sparked a different side of her. She let out a soft sigh and whether he agreed to it or not, reached over to snatch his plate away.

"I know you try hard to be good with your diet, so accept this cheat day and enjoy it." She shoved the plate with the large cheeseburger in front of his face and took the veggie burger for herself. It... didn't really look appealing at all, but she had lived through eating ration bars at the front, so she could also survive this burger.

It was just not ideal.

"Anyway..." she turned back to Thelma and tried to return to a previous topic. "I look forward to seeing what you can make. Maybe you can show me some examples and we can chat about ideas." She figured that Thelma would likely enjoy talking about those things, so it was a good way to bond a little more.

She couldn't let Silas' girlfriend be a stranger, after all.

Thelma watched as Val swapped plates with Silas, taking pity on him. She smiled. It was nice to see.

"As you can see, Master Valery likes to tease her padawans to the point of madness."

"At least she's funny. Some masters are all business." Thelma took another bite of her cheeseburger, and for a few minutes she just focused on eating. Wasn't like she could talk with her mouth full, anyway.

"I look forward to seeing what you can make. Maybe you can show me some examples and we can chat about ideas."

"I have some examples on my datapad," Thelma said, grabbing a napkin to clean her hands. Then she picked up the device and brought up holograms of some of her best work. Many of the clothes were quite complicated, featuring multiple pieces and elaborate decoration. "I just started experimenting with embroidery - Lief Lief showed me how to do it," she said, though the mere mention of Eli seemed to bring some rosy color to her cheeks. An embarrassing story for another time. "I'm good for pretty much anything else. Are you looking for something for a particular occasion?"

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

Silas sulked like a dog and put the burger down, saddened by the fact he'd even try to outsmart a woman who was infamous for her teasing and tricks. Just when he was about to take a dreaded second bite Master Valery must have known she had already won, instead choosing to ease his suffering by handing over the beautiful burger. The padawan could only smile with relief and give a thankful nod to his Master "Thank you..." he said quietly before picking up the burger to take a huge bite out of it.

Master Valery was always gracious in victory.

In record time Silas had managed to eat every last bit, leaving him slumped back against his chair in food heaven. It was that good that some of the sauce was still covering his mouth, an indication that the burger tasted as good as it looked "Oh stars, that was the best burger I've had in years..." he groaned, savoring the taste that remained in his mouth while Valery and Thelma talked more about dresses.

It was even better to see the girl he loved get along with the woman who had practically raised him for the past few years. He was anxious as to how everything would go, but after seeing this he was confident they were going to get closer to each as time went on. All he did was sit there and watch their conversation happen with proud eyes, silent and thoughtful of what they had to say.

"
Master, do you think they'd be a possibility of supplying Thelma with more materials?" he asked curiously "Most of her creations are from thrown away or spare fabrics. If the temples have any surplus, it could certainly be put to better use for the Jedi"

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

There was a noticeable, bright smile on Valery's face when Thelma called her funny. She never wanted to be the Master who was always business only. There had to be a balance between serious training and some of that personal bonding. In her opinion, it's the reason that her relationships with her Padawans were always so strong. They went beyond just the dynamic of a teacher and a student.

"Oh, these look beautiful!" Valery said after Thelma showed a datapad with some examples of her work. Looking at the images was also a good distraction from the burger she was trying to force down, so that was very much welcomed too. "I'm uh, planning a trip to my homeworld soon for my family. I'd love to get a new dress for it." Her hometown was in a beautiful valley with flower fields and waterfalls.

Something that could fit in with all that would just be amazing.

Turning back to Silas, Valery blinked at his request but nodded. "If it's clothing for Jedi, it's an easy yes. For personal use, I think should be possible too, but I'd have to ask." Her eyes then shifted down to his empty plate, and that playful smirk from before reappeared very swiftly.

"Glad you enjoyed your burger, Silas."

As soon as Valery gave her the assignment, Thelma’s mind began to churn out ideas for a new dress. She started to sketch her thoughts on her datapad.

The conversation about getting her more material drew her attention away from her work. She looked up just in time to see Silas with sauce smeared around his mouth. “It was so good you’re saving some for later,” she said, giggling.

He brought up the topic of getting her more materials to work with. “I make clothes for Jedi for free,” she said, “and charge everybody else. I used to be able to do it free for everyone, but it got too hard to keep up with all the orders I was getting.

Val looked like she was struggling to finish the veggie burger. Hopefully it wouldn’t wind up going to waste. Thelma would eat it if she didn’t want it—though she wasn’t brave enough to ask Val if she could have it.

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png
"I'm uh, planning a trip to my homeworld soon for my family. I'd love to get a new dress for it."
Silas's head perked up "You're finally heading back? I remember asking you about your home planet when I was younger" he explained, remembering that she didn't know anything at all about the place she was born "I'm happy you're finally going back master, it may reveal something about your past you didn't know about" everyone deserved to be proud from where they came, Valery would be the same when she visited.

"Wait what?" without hesitation he threw his hand to the sides of his mouth and wiped away the leftovers. Silas was too hungry to remember manners at that moment "My apologies, them burgers turned me into a savage" he said with a grin to both of them "You think Master? there's not a crumb left on the plate!" the padawan laughed, knowing he couldn't let a good burger pass him by like that.

Leaning back in his seat, he gave a brief nod of satisfaction "If you can sort something out for Thelma that will greatly help her out. After all, I'll be there to help her out with anything she needs too" he said with a slight blush of his cheeks. Slowly, if her hand was on the table he'd place it on top of hers. It was his way of saying to Valery that they were beyond being friends, but lovers who cared for one another.

Valery was surely going to have great satisfaction from confirming her suspicions. At least now he had gotten past the main bulk of the teasing...

Hopefully

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery dipped her head in response to Silas, "Recently, my husband helped me see something about my past that I didn't remember because I was too young. It was the moment when my parents gave me to the Jedi for my own safety, and it... changed how I look back at it. So now I'd like to go back to learn more." It would be a family trip together with Vera and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , who she both really needed there with her.

As interesting and fun as the trip would be, it could possibly end up being difficult too. Because now that she's a mother herself, she understands how much it must have hurt for her own mother to give her up to the Jedi.

Valery then began to grin as Thelma pointed out the leftovers still sticking to his face, and chuckled at the interaction. She had teased him more than enough already, so as his hand settled on Thelma's, Valery just offered her Padawan a smile. Sometimes, he needed to hear or see that she actually felt really happy for him.

"I hope you're not using her hand to wipe the sauce of yours there." She smirked.

Alright, one last joke.

"But I'll do my best for her, and I look forward to seeing what you can make for me, Thelma. It's going to be a memorable one for me."

Thelma nodded along with Val’s words about Keshi. “I’ll have to visit my homeworld again someday too,” she said with conviction and understanding. “Whether we like what we find, a return home is necessary, if only to see how far we have come from where we started.

Her giggling over the mess ceased when Silas put his hand over hers in full view of his master. Her gaze darted toward Val, not sure how she would react.

"I hope you're not using her hand to wipe the sauce of yours there."

Oh, gross!” Laughing again as the tension bled out of her, Thelma held up his hand. “Did you at least use a napkin?

qC8JFYe.png

div1.png

Silas was genuinely happy that Valery had changed her mind about going back to her homeworld. Now that she had finally established her own family, it was only right to take them on that journey for knowledge of a past she never knew "That's great master, I hope it leads to some goods things for you and the rest of the family" Valery could of more than easily done this alone, but with Vera and Kahlil it didn't hurt to have the people you love most give you support.

That's what Valery had been doing for him after all

Upon touching Thelma's hand, he saw the warm smile directed right at him. In truth, Valery was supportive of him being with Thelma. She could tell he was happy being with her, as well as the fact of how different he acted. Thelma brought out a side that very few saw, a fun and wild side that was different from his serious manner. That was only proven when Valery pointed out that he had used the hand to wipe his face with

"Hey! hang on a minute" Silas giggled, lifting it up to show them it barely had any muck on them "Don't gross me, I cleaned it off while you two chatterboxes were talking" Silas grinned, making sure to wipe it off again so they saw it was totally clean.

"But that's great, I know it's something Thelma is passionate about so not only will it help her but help the rest of the Jedi who need clothes" Silas smiled at Thelma, not embarrassed anymore by the gaze of Valery. It was clear the awkwardness had now cleared away.

"Did you want us to owe you anything master?" he asked Valery as he motioned for the waiter to give them the bill for their food "It's the least we can do considering you paid for the food" Silas hated getting things for free and preferred working for his treat. If there was anything that needed to be done, he'd get it sorted for her.

qC8JFYe.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery's smiled softened a little when Thelma talked about returning home, and now that she had seen memories of her homeworld again because of her husband, she could only agree. Naturally, that softer gaze quickly faded when she joked about Silas placing his hand on hers, and much like Thelma, she began to laugh at the reaction.

The best way to get rid of unnecessary tension was often to joke about it.

"No, you don't owe me anything," Valery then told Silas with a shake of her head that made it clear she insisted. "I'll have you run extra laps during our next training session though, and maybe make it just a bit more intense. Cheat days are fine, but only if there's hard work to compensate."

"That's all I ask for in return."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom