Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Family

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Siobhan frowned. "I see a lot has changed. All our adoptions have worked out poorly, now you want to add another to the brood. I understand she helped save my life. I remember her as a selfish, rude, petulant brat with no sense of decorum or responsibility. I put up with her for Coryth's sake and because she was somewhat useful on the battlefield when she showed. But she hasn't turned on us. Damning with faint praise, I know," her tone was laced with bitterness. Then she looked Tegaea right in the eyes. "Do you love her? Like a daughter."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Since Star Brat decided to crash Word on this one’s computer whilst they were composing this post this post will be not as long as it was but hopefully still suffice.

Times had indeed changed. Tegaea would never have called Elpsis a petulant brat, she could understand why her wife might say as much. However, Tegaea was sure that Elpsis had changed, and was determined to stand by her.

“Yes, I do. She has changed, become more responsible, grown up. I have come to love her as a daughter.”

Maybe this time this daughter would not let her down. Maybe.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Siobhan hated admitting it, but she felt a stab of jealousy. She had tried with her children - and they'd left her. Her kindness had been abused, her trust betrayed. Now it turned out that her wife had been able to bond with a young girl Siobhan simply did not understand. It hurt. She was too proud to voice this.

She sighed slightly. "I won't lie. I don't feel the same way about her. She's not a daughter to me. Or even a niece," she spoke bluntly. "But...she's been loyal and she makes you happy. So we can...adopt her. But I want to make it clear that she won't be getting special favours in Firemane. If she wants to join our family, there are certain standards she must adhere to. I want her to get it in writing. And I expect her to make something out of herself, instead of aimlessly drifting. We don't give free handouts."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
“I completely agree. This is not about money for me, and nor will it be for her, I will make sure of that. The reason I want her to be adopted is to give her somewhere to belong, somewhere that she can be herself. I think it is only fair we draw up a contract for such an occasion that we will both agree to.”

The last thing she wanted was for Elpsis to be piled with punitive punishments by her wife in a harsh contract. They could, and would find something fair for everyone.

“But thank you, Siobhan. I know it’s not easy to have lost these memories, but I’m glad you trust me on this. Who knows she might satisfy even you in time!”

She went to the sideboard and produced a bottle, pouring herself a drink and offering one to Siobhan. “Did you want to be there when I tell her? I know you've got a lot going on, what with Serenade.”

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"Who knows she might satisfy even you in time!"

"We shall see. I suppose miracles occur once in a while," Siobhan's sarcastic tone betrayed her scepticism. She made a mental note to put Elpsis under surveillance. If the girl turned on them, the punishment would be severe. There were many things Siobhan did not remember about the last few years, but she'd been catching up a bit by reading reports and listening to audio logs. Far as she could tell, betrayal had been frequent.

"I might as well be there when you tell her. I shall make sure our new 'daughter' understands her responsibilities and the consequences if she doesn't live up to them." The word 'daughter' did not roll easily off the tongue. She accepted the profferred glass. Her hand trembled slightly, but she managed to hold on to it, though to her annoyance she spilt a bit.

"Regarding Serenade, assuming Kuwahara does not screw up on the island as well, we should have some live specimen for study soon. Well, unndead ones, whatever. Failing that, there's body parts, but the real deal is better. We'll take them to a secure facility. Containment forces should have locked down the island. Task force commanders have been instructed to keep me abreast of anything that transpires, no matter the time of the day."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
Tegaea nodded. "Indeed. I think she may surprise you. I'll get one of our lawyers to draw up the legal wording of the contract, and we can put in the stipulations."
Needless to say Tegaea's requirements would be more generous than Siobhan's would be!

"I'll contact her and see what her movements are."

Unfortunately, they'd be too late, for when the black curtain rose the pair would be heading to Dahomey....

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

Siobhan expected a number of things from her would-be daughter, whom she did not want in the first place. Elpsis should get a proper job, start talking like a proper lady because her accent grated on Siobhan's ears, obey her mothers' every order without question and not bring shame upon the family. Or consort with anyone Siobhan considered to be an enemy or 'unsuitable company'.

Oh, and she had to clean up her room. Being a neat freak, Siobhan was displeased by its chaotic state. Personally, the Lady Kerrigan would also prefer it if the girl stopped being a weird mystic and got herself some proper artificial or cloned eyes, but it seemed Elpsis was too stubborn to see reason on that matter. Siobhan was still tempted to stick a ysalamiri in her bedroom.

Anyhow, for the moment Elpsis was out of reach, since she was en route to Dahomey. "So...what's your cousin like? And who's the lucky girl...or boy?" she amended after some thought. "You think we'll run into Virtue again?" Maybe Tempest's writer could Codex sub her, because it's not like this one has not already given him enough duties to keep him busy for the entire year. Eh, whatever.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]
“Honour is a nice girl. It’s been a long time though; she wasn’t there when I was last on Dahomey. We spent our very early childhood together before…well.”
She paused. Elpsis knew enough.

“When I came out of that situation we were very different. I’d changed, and so did she. I went off to join the Pyre and she stayed home, leading militias and getting into business. I’m a little surprised I got this invitation really, probably my uncle’s doing.”

“I think we might. Uncle mentioned she was doing well. I hope she’s happy to see us.”

[member="Tempest"]

Nodding, Elpsis reached out to rub Tempest's shoulder and planted a kiss on her neck. "Or maybe she just realised you're awesome and that she should really invite you, babe," she said. She was no Chesna, but she did not mind puffing up her girl sometimes. As long as it did not go to her head.

"I'd like to see Virtue again. She didn't seem...bad. Just lost an angry. Understandable, I guess," then she smirked broadly. "Maybe I can find out how virtuous she really is." It would have probably been a better joke if she'd been called Chastity. Was anyone who was called that ever chaste?

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Tempest pouted playfully. “You promised you’d not make fun of our names!” she said, then smirked.

“Well it’s possible she’s finally realised that. I think the more likely tale is that she felt obligated. However, I’ve learned that another cousin of mine is coming. Have you met Lance? He’s, uhh, quite big with the Second Pillar, if you know what I mean.”

“And for the record, I’m allowed to make fun of our names,” she added.

[member="Tempest"]

"So if there's a storm, I can't make jokes about it being because of your tempestuous mood?" Elpsis pouted, and playfully slapped Tempest's shoulder. "Not fair." She furrowed her brow slightly. "Nah, dunno him. Don't interact with 2nd Pillar people a lot. I'm sure he's nice and all, but I'm not interested in what guys are packing. Sausages are kinda icky."

To empathise the point, she fondled Tempest's chest a bit. "And the girls in the Second are kinda weird." At least that was her perspective. She was a bit biased.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Tempest raised an eyebrow. “And the girls of the Third are perfectly normal in every way?” she asked, giving Elpsis a kiss on the nose.

Perhaps sensing the pesky black curtain starting to appear, Tempest sat up. “We should be there in about 16 hours. Did you want some dinner?”

[member="Tempest"]

"Sounds grand," then Elpsis smirked. "Y'know...you're really eager to make dinner for me lately. Not that I'm complaining! But are you sure you don't fantasise about being my good wifey? You'd look great in a very short apron...and nothing else," she pulled the Dahomian into a sweet kiss, and ran a hand down her back to squeeze her butt.

Presumably there was a time skip, maybe after Tempest got to make a quip in return. Anyhow, once the black curtain had lifted, they would have finally reached Dahomey and probably get to see Abomey. Hopefully it would not be infested with sanctimonious missionaries on an absurd mission to 'civilise' the natives.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Tempest let out a derisive snort. “No more likely than you’re signing up for the Second Pillar. No, I just realised that they quickest way to a woman’s heart is through her stomach. Works for men, same for women too.”

“On the other hand, skimpy apron I could manage one day if you’re really good.”

At this moment, dear reader, the dreaded curtain descended, mainly because their dinner chats were more of the same, but also because later on desert was served in a most un-PG-13 manner. The mind boggles.

And so we re-join our delightful duo as the ship came in to land near the capital of Abomey.

[member="Tempest"]

For her part, Elpsis still liked the idea of Tempest waiting on her while dressed in a skimpy apron...and nothing else. She'd probably not even wear the apron for long. Anyhow, the fade to black curtain descended and when it had lifted they'd arrived on Dahomey.

The Firemane vessel descended from the sky, travelling towards Abomey. A lot of development had taken place since their last visit. The debris had been removed, new buildings had been constructed, but it still had the look of a frontier town, even though increased urbanisation had led many natives to leave the rural areas and seek their fortune in the town.

The ship landed at the town's sole spaceport. Having Firemane badges came in handy, and they were quickly ushered through customs inspection. As they could see when they entered the port, McYoda's had popped up. It seemed no planet could escape them once it had opened up to the rest of the galaxy.

Elpsis crinkled her nose. "I like a Big Mac as much as anyone, but I hope we don't see one of those at every street corner," she commented. "Is anyone from your fam gonna meet us at the port?" she asked. Naturally she was holding Tempest's hand.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
They quickly passed on through security. They also avoided the luggage collection issues by virtue of taking theirs straight off their ship.

“The path of progress,” Tempest said bitterly. “After centuries of nothing but misery these people come in and give them cheap things we could never have dreamed of and they buy it never considering the cost. Why make food or tools the old way when you can buy a cheap and bland replacement?”

“They said someone would be here…ah.”

There was someone waiting for her, Lance, another cousin. He smiled and came over to give her a hug and held out a hand to Elpsis.
“Nice to see you, Tempest. And you, Miss Elpsis, you are looking well. I am Lance, pleased to meet you, Elpsis,” he said politely. “I have a speeder outside, I got in yesterday, and have rooms prepared.”
He smiled again. His teeth were very white.

[member="Tempest"]

Elpsis nodded and squeezed Tempest's hand. There was a warm tingle. As a pyromancer, Elpsis' skin was always a bit hotter. "I get what you mean, babe." Anyhow, before they could go on about rampant consumerism, loss of tradition and exploitation by foreign companies, Lance arrived.

A certain space elf knew him very well. Elpsis obviously did not. He seemed nice enough. "Hiya," she gave him a friendly wave. "Nice to meet ya. Happy to meet more of Tempest's family," at that she gave Tempest a mildly adoring look. Probably to troll her. "How ya doing?"

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Lance smiled. “Most excellent, thank you! We’ve set you both up in the best hotel in the city.”

Tempest gave Elpsis a look. “Thank you, Lance. How’s Honour? Is she…?” she trailed off in a deliberately vague way.

He chuckled. “She is in a good mood…for her,” he confided.

They shared a laugh. Elpsis was left out of the joke, so Lance turned to her.

“My sister has a rather ‘varied’ attitude to Tempest here. I think because of the wedding she is trying her best to be sweet and nice.”

“So long as I don’t say, touch or do anything I’ll be fine,” Tempest muttered.

[member="Tempest"]

Elpsis did not like people who made Tempest unhappy. So she gave the amazon's hand a squeeze. "She can't say anything about you touching me though," she said in her corniest tone, but then turned a bit more serious and empathic. "Why does she have a problem with you? Did something happen between you? If things get...uh, unpleasant, I'm here, y'know."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Tempest laughed, and Lance chuckled as he took the driver’s seat and started up the speeder.
“On the contrary, I think she can and will say something, not that either of us care.”

Tempest did not answer the next question at first, and Lance just drove on, not interfering.
“I left. We left,” she said, gesturing the Lance. “It was a bad time for many of us. I’d only just gotten…away, and I felt like I owed Siobhan, and I wanted to learn how to control my abilities. Lance was an ‘indentured labourer’. We wanted to move beyond it, we – and many others – wanted to see the stars and help others.”

“Honour…stayed. OP coming in didn’t make it all instantly better. She had to live with the consequences of being here, of trying to cope. All the while I was off around the galaxy being a hero.” She put the last section in finger-quotes and laughed bitterly.

“I made my choice, and I made the right choice, but afterwards I could have come back more, could have helped her more. The thing is though, I’m just not the same person I was as a kid, Honour is, for good or bad.”

She took Elpsis’ hand. “Thank you, dear. I…I’ll just try and get through all this.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom