Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet the Family

[member="Valiens Nantaris"], [member="Tempest"]

The aftermath of a battle was never easy. It was also seldom detailed in novels or holovids. It did not fit the patriotic message many holofilms wished to convey. Seeing all the wounded was simply too messy. Especially if they'd lost a limb or two. Amputations were unpleasant. Elpsis would know, for over the years she'd spent a lot of time assisting in the medbay. She was nowhere near as good a healer as her biological mother, but she tried.

Standing in front of the Firemane base's war room, she nervously tapped her foot on the floor. A stoic Kar'zun warrior from the Granite Guard stood watch in front of the door. The guard looked like she was made of rock, which was the truth, and towered over her. The stone woman carried a huge war hammer decorated with ornate Kar'zun runes. It was doubtful a human like Elpsis would be able to hold the weapon, let alone wield it in combat

"You should not eavesdrope on their conference," the guard spoke in a powerful, booming voice that reminded the young empath a bit of the sound of a cannon ball.

Elpsis knew she was not being impolite or trying to intimidate her, but still winced a bit. "I'm not eavesdropping. Just trying to hear how things are going," she insisted a bit lamely. It felt a bit like being a child being caught putting your hand into the cookie jar after you'd been told to stay away from it.

"I am confident that if the white mane's conference with the Great Scarlet Flame went most poorly, it would be so loud that you could forego eavesdropping," the stone woman responded.

It took Elpsis a moment to realise the guard had made a joke. "Oh, I like you," she laughed with some mirth and slapped the towering hulk on the shoulder. As she quickly realised, this was silly because it was like slapping a wall...or a huge slab of rock. She nursed her sore, hurting hand.

"I am glad that my comments cause you levity. though I would suggest you do not that again."

"Don't worry, I learned that lesson, big girl," Elpsis winced slightly, breathing some air onto her hand. Far as she could hear, the discussion inside had come to a close.

"You care for the white mane," the guardswoman observed.

Elpsis was quiet for a moment, then nodded. It was pointless to deny it. "I do. Kinda yeah."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Elpsis Elaris"]
The meeting had gone…well? At the least Tempest hadn’t been chewed out too badly for it. In return Tempest hadn’t held it against Siobhan that the airstrikes had been coming in very close to her. The greater good had dictated that the island had needed to be bombed, and so it had been done so.

As she exited the meeting room she saw Elpsis nursing her hand beside one of the large Kar’zun members of the Granite Guard.

“Is this red maned female known to you, Major?” the Kar’zun rumbled in a voice like the pounding of hammers.
“Yes, she is, thank you, Kar’zakush.” The pronunciation of that name was deceptively simple, but unless one had a mouth made for grinding granite it never came out right.
“Very well, have a felicitous day.”
Tempest thought about asking what that meant, but let it be. Instead, she just nodded and wandered over to Elpsis.
“Hi…how are you?” she asked a bit shyly.

The utopian vision was never far from her mind. She’d have to discuss it with Elpsis. Things would only work if both sides knew exactly what the other wanted. And for Tempest it was not a Stepford Elpsis, but the dynamic, sometimes flighty redhead before her.

[member="Tempest"]

Elpsis' expression lit up when Tempest finally appeared. She got a brief glimpse of Siobhan ordering a flunky around before the heavy blast door closed. In any case, she was focused on the strangely shy Dahomian warrior woman in front of her.

"Uh, I'm good. You? I heard things got...heated on Serenade." Poor choice of words, perhaps? Elpsis was many things, but no wordsmith. Reaching out with her hand, she touched the older woman's cheek, caressing it. "You got out ok, babe?"

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Elpsis Elaris"]
Tempest smiled at the touch, brought her hand up to touch Elpsis’ hand.
“Yeah, few bruises, got a little cooked by the napalm but I’m OK. Can we go somewhere and talk?”

She didn’t want to have a big discussion in public, especially with the Kar’zun impassively staring at them.

As they walked back to the barracks Tempest did not take Elpsis’ hand. It didn’t do to make everyone aware of the obvious attraction between them. There was another reason too…they had to clear the air, she had to talk with Elpsis.

Soon they’d be in Tempest’s apartment on the base. It was not as nice as her personal one, but it did for when she was on mission.

[member="Tempest"]

"Napalm didn't cook you too badly?" Elpsis asked, a bit concerned. Her brow furrowed a bit at Tempest's question. "Oh, ok. Sure." She felt a stab of disappointment when the Dahomian did not take her hand.

Lacking knowledge about what had happened on Serenade, she assumed it was Tempest being Tempest. Stoic, taciturn warrior woman. It was part of what attracted her to the amazon, but also created a bit of a rift sometimes. She sucked it up and followed the older woman to her apartment.

It was more utilitarian rather than personal, but it served its purpose. One thing was certain: It was less chaotic than Elpsis'. The door closed behind them and Elpsis bent down to remove her shoes. "So you wanted to talk. Your aura's screaming 'this is serious and important'," she joked lamely.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

Tempest chuckled slightly, just to say something. To break the tension.

She sat down with Elpsis beside her, taking the redhead’s hand in hers.
“So…something happened at Serenade. I want to discuss it with you. I want to know where we…well…stand with each other. There was a hive mind there, luring in creatures by indoctrinating their minds with utopian visions.”

She paused. It sounded so very silly now she went to tell someone.
“Mine was about you. It…well…we….”
She didn’t know how to continue.

“It presented a vision which didn’t fit us. It had us being married with children, you being all fawning and docile. I knew it was not real because you are not and should not be anyone’s minion. But I guess it got me thinking…what do you want…with us? I’m not sure I’ll ever be ready for a serious commitment, not yet anyway. I want to make sure we’re in accordance so neither of us are…confused.”

[member="Tempest"]

Elpsis blinked. This was a bit silly since she was blind. "So you have dreams about me being your Stepford wife and having your babies? Why can't you be the wife?" she elbowed Tempest lightly. "Well, I'm afraid I don't cook dinner for free."

She sighed slightly, seeing Tempest was being serious. "I don't want marriage and kids. Sure, it's worked out for Auntie Tegs and Auntie Sio. Well, mostly," she amended, after remembering their troubles with some of the waifs and strays they'd welcomed into their home.

"Ain't me though. Looking after Addy and Livy is something I enjoy...but it's not every day. I'd go cray-crazy otherwise. I like my freedom to get it on with a cute girl without worrying that I'm crossing some sort of invisible line. I do care about you a lot."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
[member="Elpsis Kerrigan-Alcori"]
Tempest blushed, looking down at Elpsis’ joke. It wasn’t what she wanted, but perhaps the hive mind had somehow picked out a fantasy of hers? She wasn’t sure what exactly the darkest layers of her subconscious might have in them. She knew what she wanted and didn’t, and could ignore everything else.

“I’m glad to hear that, Elpsis. I care a lot about you, I truly do.” She was relieved, and it was obvious.

“I think you’re special, Elpsis, but I think you’re too special for one person to cage. To do that would rob you of the thing which makes you so lovely.”

She was getting poetic, which was unusual for her. She coughed to cover her embarrassment.

“I mean…just thank you,” she said, leaning her head against Elpsis fondly.

[member="Tempest"]

Elpsis flushed a bit, then smiled. "Aww. You say the sweetest things, my pretty amazon. And real cute when you get all shy. And I wouldn't expect an amazon to restrict herself to just one woman. Feel free to tell me stories about your conquests," leaning forward, she kissed Tempest on the forehead and hugged her.

She cleared a throat. "I'd like it if you were, uh, a bit more open about, you know, stuff," she said, stumbling over her words a bit. "I mean, I don't expect you to, like, go a 180...but I don't think your grunts will think lesser of you if they spot you holding my hand," she gave Tempest a hopeful look.

Tempest

Storm of the Force

“Well, the greatest of my conquests was a creature with a redmane, as lovely from the front as from the rear, blind yet all-seeing, loving and yet separate.”
She smirked.

Tempest frowned. “I am a private person, as you know, and I like to keep my private and my work life separate. But…alright, I can hold your hand. But if anyone stares at us they’re going to drop and give me fifty,” she grumbled.

She gave Elpsis a kiss.

[member="Tempest"]

Siobhan and Elpsis were different in many ways. On the whole, Elpsis was more easygoing, humble and significantly less high maintenance. However, both shared a weakness for compliments. In Elpsis' case it was less due to ego and more insecurity.

So she grinned. "Are you sure you're not secretly scheming to get me to walk down the aisle with you?" she asked teasingly. "Because you're doing a pretty good job sweettalking, babe. You're still not putting a baby inside me though. You may get dinner, if you're a good girl," she tapped Tempest's toned stomach.

At first, her expression was downcast when she saw the frown, then she smiled broadly. "Those who stare are either jealous and want in on the mind-blowing action. Or they're dicks and suck anyway," she took Tempest's hand, threading their fingers together. "See, feels right, doesn't it? 'sides, you know you'd love to show me off."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Tempest nodded. “Sure, I’d be happy to show you off…see how it goes.” A devilish smirk reached her lips. “And if you’re so happy to be shown off I may have to display you to a certain Order.” For purely social and family friendly reasons of course!

“Siobhan has given me leave for a couple of weeks after what happened on Serenade. I’m going to take up that offer I think. I was wondering if maybe…you wanted to come home and see my family on Dahomey? I know it’s a bit sudden, but since I need to go there for my cousin’s wedding…did you want to come?”

[member="Tempest"]

"Display me, huh? I imagine I'd be wearing nothing except a collar and completely at the mercy of their whims. Sure, I'm game." Of course, she'd only be free of clothing because it was so...hot on Arkas. Especially this time of the year.

Hearing Tempest's other offer, she leaned forward and kissed her. "I'd love to come. Wanted to see your family anyway," she frowned slightly. "Do you think they'd be...ok with us? Not asking to be in their face about it and stuff, but I don't wanna hide."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
“That’s my girl,” Tempest said, amused.

She paused at the latter questions though. “Though my family would much rather I settled down with a nice boy and had children they’ve accepted me for who I am. Our culture is quite accepting of those who are outside the usual bounds of relationships. If we love someone then it is no one’s business to tell them otherwise.”

She smirked. “Just don’t drink too much or you might accidentally get yourself wed to a pretty girl. All it takes is a declaration repeated twice, two witnesses and a blessing by an elder.”

[member="Tempest"]

Elpsis made a face. She was a bit of a hard-drinking party girl. "Seriously, that's all it takes? Well, ok. I'll...stay away from the heavy booze then." Anything to avoid the horror vision of being married, pregnant and in the kitchen.

"So now that we had the important talk, and still have what's left of the night, what do you wanna do? You sure I don't need to look at any of your injuries?" Perhaps she was hovering a bit too much, but better that than Tempest being in pain due to simple stubbornness. Of course, if Tempest insisted she was fine, Elpsis would drop the topic. Then the Dahomian might miss out on the hot massage though.

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Of course now it had been said dramatic irony – and this pair’s capricious writers – would ensure that some heavy drinking and indiscrete words were certain to occur!

Tempest was feeling pretty healthy, but any chance to have the redhead ‘minister to her wounds’ was appreciated.

“Well sure. How about I get dinner and then we can do that after?” she asked with a smile.

The black curtain, that most ubiquitous and menacing of items, was already hovering, ready to descend….

[member="Tempest"]

Elpsis could have cooked...but she wasn't in the mood for it. After all, she wasn't a Stepford wife who put on an apron and laboured in the kitchen out of a sense of obligation. That said, she might be persuaded to put on an apron though...and nothing beyond it. Or a slutty nurse outfit.

Regardless, she nodded, looking eager. "Sounds grand. Off you go, babe. Chop-chop. Get some food...and then tell me where it hurts," she said with predictable corniness. "My magical hands will make you feel a lot better."

Tempest

Storm of the Force
Tempest brightened up a lot at the sound of that. Magical hands sounded pretty good!

“Yes, ma’am! One meal coming right up!” she said with a grin.

Unfortunately, even though she cooked a very nice dinner, the pesky curtain of PG-13 descended as they leaned in for a kiss afterwards.

It would not raise for several, quite active days.

Meanwhile though [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] and her wife were discussing Elpsis. It was something close to Tegaea’s mind for some time, and so she had organised to discuss something with Siobhan, something very important for them all.

[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

"I gave Harmony a call. Livy and Addy are already asleep on the Ardarvia. I don't want to wake them in the middle of the night, so I'll send for them tomorrow. Doubtless they'll be full of questions," Siobhan remarked while she and her wife sat in the living room. After all the stress, the Lady looked tired and her firemane was a bit disorderly. She still wore her severe black dress.

The twins had been sent to the luxurious frigate after Siobhan had been informed of the outbreak. Unaware of the scale of the attack, she'd decided to be cautious. Better safe than sorry. Especially since she was in no state to protect the little ones herself. "There will be a shakeup in our intelligence branch and command staff. I am not pleased with their performance," she added. "So you wanted to talk about Elpsis."

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]
Tegaea nodded. “Such a potent and dangerous outbreak must have had signs beforehand. If it performs like any of the other such outbreaks I’ve seen before there must have been a zero-point for the infection. Why did the town go silently instantly? Why did they not try to expand outward before we arrived? Many questions, all need answers. If you’d like I can reach out to some of my contacts to get some outside eyes to take a look?”

Elpsis.

This was an awkward time considering what had just happened. Still, she decided to go forward, though she wasn’t sure exactly how to phrase it.

“Elpsis…has become very dear to me, Siobhan. Though she has failings like all of us I feel her heart is in the right place and I feel she is a strong ally. Now, I know that our previous policy of adoptions hasn’t worked out the best…or at all really…but I feel she has the loyalty and personality to be worthy of the role. I know you don’t…well…recall the last years, perhaps knowing her best when she was still irresponsible and flighty, but I feel she has come a long way.”

Opening salvo out of the way, she waited for Siobhan’s reply. Would it be an out and out rejection? There was a good but by no means certain chance it would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom