Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet & Greet (Republic_)

Siobhan's interest seemed piqued by the enigmatic foreshadowing and she leaned in a bit closer, her breath brushing against Tegs' ear. "You sure you can't tell your bestest friend about your top secret business? I've been very good lately," she asked teasingly. Truth be told, she was curious, but if the info was so compartmentalised, she would not push it.
Both she and Tegs hated the Sith and Imperial scum, after all, and that was what mattered. Due to events they had been through together, she had more trust in the mercenary than in some Jedi, but then for various reasons Siobhan was not a model Jedi. "Well, you know how to reach me if you need help with that," she said seriously. "Haven't got any clear plans yet. Much to my surprise, this place hasn't been hit by a big disaster yet and I've been hanging around here long, just lots of aristos and bureaucrats hanging around trying to look important. Dinner sounds cool."

While the man who seemed to be keen on joining the Jedi Order left the group where the admiral was situated and thus the navy officer remained with a tough looking Jedi, a female Jedi and the Army captain who was currently analyzed by Taelros. The renowned navy officer remained silent after the captain had responded only leaving his gaze of examination on the captain. Finally the admiral spoke:

"Very good, captain." Taelros nodded but he just couldn't leave this conversation without hinting how typical was for the Navy to think of the Army as a lower and less prestigious branch of the military. A typical relation in almost every military dating since milennias. " At least the Army command knows what their men are useful for." He let out a slight chuckle and a smirk on his face, his tone had remained the same as before and it did not have the mark of arrogance behind it either. Despite the crysis the galaxy was in and the tons of things to be done by the Republic, Taelros felt that from time to time humor was not a bad thing although the admiral himself was not much of a humorous person.

"Navy Admiral Dreyar? Goodness! So excellent to see you sir."

The female Jedi had suddenly interrupted in both men's conversation and certainly surprised the admiral. His reputation of not getting on terms with the Jedi Order has resulted in most Jedi not being his fan and those that supported him from the Jedi order were those that also disapproved the Jedi's passiveness. Was this woman one of the latter ?

"Have you come to eat lunch with the Captain and I? ...Ah! Or do we have you to thank for all these wonderful Catering Services that we are enjoying today? ...Was it you who set up those excellent arrangements? I smell a thinking-man behind it all. That I do. Haha."

What was this nonsense ? Were the Jedi going so low for such cheap tricks ? Taelros simply frowned and shook his head. He was surprised that a Jedi right infront of him was using female con artist tricks by the book. The admiral was certainly not amused. He was glad that this particular Jedi was out of the battlefield.

"There are currently more important matters than lunch, lady jedi." He turned his eyes back at the army captain. Even if he was painting walls the man was a man of the military and not the Jedi order. "For example, who is behind the security that's guarding the Senate building." Taelros pointed back at where he came from. The Admiral was known for his high value of security and right now he was in a typical inspection that he did back on his ship, this time in the Senate building. Dreyar demanded answers because he did not want a reply of the event that had happened on the gathering of the Republic's main people.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"I'm not sure Admiral? I'm just a simple Nun. That is an excellent question though. I'm sure the Captain would be happy to look into. Wouldn't you Captain?"
"Who me? ...Yes. Or course. ...Yes I would. Right now. Going right now. Yes indeedy. I'll get right on that. Right now..."

Plan B. Full evacuation. Karen motioned for Rick to gather his things. It was time for him to shuffle. The Admiral was in another stately mood as well. Rikard grabbed his burrito and zipped towards the nearest exit. Mindful to get back to where he was supposed to be. Quickly. (Almost running, really.)

"Ah. Well. Ahem..." Karen rolled her eyes and tapped her foot against the ground, "...I guess. I guess lunch time is over. Silly me. Look at the time. Better get back to scrubbing down those ceilings. Yep. Lots of painting to do. The work of Jedi is never done. Hehe."

She gave one more fake smile before turning and quickly slipping away herself. A Jedi trait in slippery'ness. Dreyar was quickly turning into the local Hall Monitor of the Senate. Best to get away before he starts giving orders, or speeches, or weekend vacations in a Star Cruiser's brig somewhere.

Turning the next corner she exhaled a sigh of relief,

"Whoosh. Fleet people. Bleh... Gives me the gobildy-goos everytime. ...But? It looks like Jor'si is making good progress with the Grandmaster. Maybe I'll go hunt down that Dark Star Captain after all."

Karen made her exit as Grant Pherson quietly made his return. He looked around the room and noticed everybody had left. So, the lumbering Padawan grabbed a leftover burrito and walked right up the Admiral to ask,

"Yo? ...So ugh?"
*munch, munch, munch*
"...Where'd everybody go?"

Tegs gave Siobhan a light swat on the arm and grinned. "Well, let's just say the Dark Stars are going up in the world. Pretty soon you'll be hearing of us as some of the most famous people in the galaxy. And you, my dear Siobhan, might just reconsider my offer!"

They headed down to find the room deserted apart from an Admiral and a rather hungry Jedi Padawan. Tegaea caught the Admiral's words

"For example, who is behind the security that's guarding the Senate building."

"That would be me, Admiral," Tegaea said, emerging from the shadows. "I'm under Republic retainer to protect the grounds here until construction is complete. Captain Tegaea Alcori at your service," she said, saluting. She didn't bother to hide the fact she wasn't a Republic officer, so she was only being polite because it was the right thing to do, not because he had authority over her.

"And this is Jedi Kerrigan; we have been checking out various angles of attack," Tegaea lied smoothly.

Siobhan was not particularly impressed by the Admiral, but then she had authority issues. Shouldn't he be commanding capital ships or something...not randomly throwing his weight around? Last she heard, being an admiral meant commanding a fleet group, but then she was no expert!
"Yeah, right," she responded when Tegs made her smooth lie. "We've checking to see there aren't any weak spots in the defences. After all, times like this, we can't sit on our laurels and expect everyone to be shiny and peaceful. Gotta be vigilant," she said smoothly. She had taken the glove off her right hand, showing the crude, mechanical robot arm that had replaced the flesh and blood one during a confrontation she would best like to forget. Together with the cyborg eye it showed she was not the sort of Council Jedi who spent her time meditating.

Since the Sith had managed to slip into Coruscant and contribute to the decimation of the once-grand Senate building, security within Republic Space had nearly doubled in severity. More ships were assigned patrol duty, stricter protocols were being enforced, and even the Salvation-Class Star Defender sailed about the sector scouring for any sight of the Dark Side scum. After many hours of patrol, Supreme Commander Dex Rostu decided to check in with the repairs of the Senate building. After all, he had heard that both the Chancellor and the Grandmaster had checked in and he would be remiss to pass up the opportunity to fellowship with his fellow councilman.

With the decision in mind, Dex left the Star Defender in the charge of a very capable admiral and strode off to his quarters to change out of his armor and into something more appropriate. His first thought was to put on a formal attire: something that truly showed the neat, political side of the veteran...but Dex opted out of that. It just wasn't his style to "dress to impress", especially not in the wake of something like this. No, now wasn't the time to stand on ceremony and typical politics, it was the time to get his hands dirty.

* * * * * *​

Less than thirty minutes later, the Supreme Commander strolled into the repair site. His attire was exceptionally simple: a pair of worn, tan work pants populated by several pockets, and a simple brown shirt that bore the logo of a recreational company. Yes, the Supreme Commando was rolling in wearing civilian clothes and he was ready to work. "Hey!" His voice boomed, echoing across the halls to reach the ears of those standing in the midst, "Dex Rostu reporting for duty. Where can I start?" He spoke in a casual, humorous tone as he wanted nothing more than to get to know those vigilantly repairing the Senate building...and also he wasn't the sort of person to get all puffed up over rank.

Stepping forward, he reached out and patted the Jedi Padawan known as Grant's shoulder, flashing him a hearty grin. "Ah, looks like you've got quite the appetite son. What's your name?"

The admiral felt something was wrong here judging by the female Jedi's attitude but Taelros could not get his hand on it. The lady jedi was acting indeed quite weird and the admiral had not see a Jedi act in such a way before. Both her and the army captain left the scene in quite the haste while the female Jedi was worryingly explaining herself and the army captain. If they were a breach in security they were terrible at trying to act 'normal' so he doubted that they were spies because if they were the security here was worse than the security in a Mos Eisley cantina...thinking about what had happened here Taelros was not sure if the security was as bad as he just imagined it to be. Sneaking Sith and rocket firing assassins.

His thoughts were interrupted by the tough looking Jedi who obviously lacked any ethics who asked the admiral where did everybody go while munching food in his mouth. Taelros raised both his eyebrows and just pointed to the direction where the female Jedi and the army captain had ran to.

And those were supposed to be keepers of peace and lead our military, Taelros thought to himself troubled.

"Those Jedi..." The admiral muttered to himself recalling the intelligence report where a couple of Jedi were not able to hold their ground against one Sith. It was good that the High General had assigned him on a temporary duty of controlling the space of Coruscant with the Star Defender until he would be assigned back to his own fleet. Taelros had forced a heavy traffic control on the planet and he wouldn't even let a mynock go down on Coruscant without knowning. The Republic was malfunctioning and Taelros had to do something about it.

"That would be me, Admiral," Taelros did not have much time to linger in his thoughts after he had enquired for the security of the Senate Hall as a woman emerged out of the shadows and caught the admiral off guard. "I'm under Republic retainer to protect the grounds here until construction is complete. Captain Tegaea Alcori at your service,"

Captain Tegaea Alcori, he would remember that name and check it back with intelligence when he had the time, actually it would be the first thing to do after he returned back on the Star Defender. He noticed that she had saluted him which meant she had military ethics behind her. Taelros nodded to the captain and she proceeded to introduce another female Jedi and explained they were inspecting various angles of attack.

"Very good, Captain." Taelros nodded to Tegaea. The admiral disliked the idea of hiring private companies to secure one of the most important, if not the most important, places in the Republic. He did not like it one bit.

"We've checking to see there aren't any weak spots in the defences. After all, times like this, we can't sit on our laurels and expect everyone to be shiny and peaceful. Gotta be vigilant," The Jedi spoke and Taelros noticed she had seen a fair share of battles considering the mechanical changes on her. Another Jedi who didn't introduce herself, Taelros thought it was a disease spread amognst the Jedi Order.

"Hopefully much more vigilant than the last time." Taelros sharpened his look upon the Jedi with his words hinting on the Jedi Order's weak response to the Sith who wrecked havoc in the Senate Building when it took all this damage. The admiral blamed the Republic's security too but he expected much more from the Jedi, especially when one of their mortal enemies had sneaked in without them noticing.

The next appearance of an individual in this place certainly shocked Taelros more than it should have. His eyes widened as he turned to see the Supreme Commander with a workman's attire. It was after the Supreme Commander spoke to the tough looking rude Jedi when the admiral fought back his shock and emerged victorious. He erected his stance and saluted Dex.

"Sir." He awaited to be dismissed of his salutation by being saluted back.

((I took the role of the "very capable admiral" you stated, Dex, of that Star Defender for this topic.))

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Grant was happy to answer Dex's inquiry,

"...Grant Pherson, General. And might I say, it is great to see you out lending a helping hand."

The large Padawan kept eating and smiled a great, big smile. He ignored the Admiral and beamed happily at Dex. It was obvious Dreyar was a control-freak and disgruntled from being away from his ships for too long. Of course, that could happen to anybody.

"Well. Best get back to work. These ceilings ain't gonna paint themselves. Ah. ...Ladies. Gentlemen. Adieu."

Grant finished off his burrito in one fell bite. Clapping his hands together and waving a good bye. If Karen wasn't here, then he didn't need to stay either. Thus he took his exit and wandered off to find her again. Exit, stage right.

If the sharp look from the Admiral was supposed to guilt or impress her it was not working. Siobhan did not respect stiff necked officers or rather most authority persons in general. With such an attitude, one wondered at times how she managed to become a Knight in the first place, but that was another matter. Don't tell me how to do my job. Why don't you make yourself useful and do yours, oh great commander?
Generally, Siobhan had three moods: angry, angsty and sarcastic. Right now the last mood was in the driver's seat and she looked a bit bored when the admiral threw his weight around. She fished a cigarette out of her pocket along with a lighter and lit it, taking a deep drag. After all, there weren't any no-smoking signs hanging around in the building!

"Totally. Hopefully the 'grand' fleet helps out when the scum decides to come out in full force to take the planet instead of just blow up senate house," she said sardonically as she savoured the smoke, leaving no doubt that she thought very little about him.

"Ah, it is quite a pleasure to meet you Grant. I hope I get to work with you in a little bit..." He said, giving the Jedi one last pat on the back as he walked away. The Supreme Commander then continued his walk into the hall and was greeted by the sight of his Admiral, Taelros Dreyar, speaking to two women. Though he did not know the content of the conversation, the veteran noticed tension that was present between them. Heck, the tension was so thick that he could cut it with a knife. Upon noticing his presence, Admiral Dreyar snapped to attention and gave the Commander a salute; one that Dex promptly returned.

"At ease Admiral."

With that said, the Commander stepped closer to the two women and offered them both warm smiles. "Greetings ladies, Supreme Commander Dex Rostu at your service. It's a pleasure to meet you both. Tell me, how are you both today?"

Tegaea had been pleased by the dressing down the Admiral had gotten from Siobhan. Though hardly diplomatic Siobhan could always be counted on to create some fun moments!

When none other than the Supreme Commander arrived Tegaea was surprised, but found herself saluting. Old habits died hard. This was a much better type of leader to her mind than the Admiral, who seemed interested only in stomping around showing off his power.
"I am doing well, Commander," Tegaea said with a little smile of her own. "I was showing Jedi Kerrigan here around the Senate House."

This one notes that by Siobhan's standards when dealing with persons that annoyed her, this was diplomatic. After all, she had not slapped anyone! There was a reason she wasn't the Jedi who got invited to fancy society balls, along with the fact that she probably wouldn't know which fork to use. But then she far preferred spending her free time in certain seedy bars down in Lower Coruscant!

She was surprised to find the Supreme Commander pop up so casually. The Jedi did not salute, she hadn't been a soldier after all, but seemed to fidget a bit. Turning her gaze away from the annoying admiral, she exhaled the smoke she'd been holding in her lungs. "Uh, yeah, I'm fine, thanks. Name's Siobhan Kerrigan. It's grand, having a look around here, big change since the bombing."

The Supreme Commander, upon being greeted by a salute, promptly returned the gesture and then folded his arms across his chest. He regarded the two women warmly, continuing to brightly smile whilst in their midst. Despite the smoke that was blown casually his way, his smile did not falter or waver at the pugnant smell; though smoking was something he despised.

"I am glad to hear that you are both doing well." He said in a casual, friendly tone. Then to the one who had saluted him, he added. "Miss, would you do me the honor of allowing me to accompany you while you show Jedi Kerrigan around? I'd love to see the changes that are being implemented and to see where I can lend a hand in the reconstruction."

The Admiral ignored the cheeky statement by the Jedi. He was fed up with their arrogance for a long time now. Taelros stood there listening to the conversation and creating notes in his mind. It was the Supreme Commander's urge to help in the reconstruction that troubled the navy officer. He believed that the High General had more important things to do and Taelros would voice his opinion:

"Excuse me, Sir, but I believe there are other places where you would be needed more." The Admiral said respectfully implying that the Supreme Commander's authority powers were needed elsewhere not here where the job was suited best for construction droids. "And, Sir, is it the best idea that after the severe act of terrorism in the most important place in the Republic that we hire a private company to maintain security, Sir ?" He paused leaving his words linger in the air for a while before continuing. "I have come up with an idea to tighten our security from within, Sir. But this matter is for private chambers only." He said eyeing the security captain and the rude Jedi. After the Senate Hall incident the Admiral had developed a plan on how to combat information leaks and internal threats, the plan was the creation of a bureu separate from Republic Intelligence that would monitor internal security, a bureu that would monitor the own people of the Republic. A clone of the Republic Intelligence but operating on internal threats.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
____
1st Floor Cafeteria

Surprisingly untouched during the attack, the Cafeteria was without staffers and almost completely empty. Save for two Jedi Padawans leaning against the Vending Machines.

"...So yeah. The High General arrived. He's working on a construction team too. Ha. Can you believe it."
"Oh? Well. ...I'd suppose everyone is present here today. A building this large requires more than just one work crew. But yes. Who knew?"

Karen grabbed a candy bar from the machine and shrugged. Her search for Tegaea has paused for the moment. She was still thinking about Rick as Grant was busy trying to get the soda machine to work.

"Oh yeah. Yep. Chancellors, Generals, and even the Grandmaster are about. You sure know how to pick em' Karen. Dem high profile missions. Wow. ...And, Ugh. Come on you dumb machine. Work!"
"Oh. Just kick it Grant. ...And yes, I know. It's high profile. But that isn't such a bad thing. Whats wrong with rubbing shoulders with the leadership eh? Some of us are still trying to get promoted you know."

Grant kicked the machine and it only beeped at him. Like an angry droid. Pherson hit the coin return and it beeped again. The vending machine was trolling him.

"I know. I know. But come on Karen? What's so bad about the Service Corps? We get to travel. See new places? It's mostly harmless work. ...And, damn you machine from a Sith's Beard! ...Give me my money back!"
~ Beep Boop ~
"Grant. Leave the machine alone. It's just stuck."
"It is not stuck. ...Urk. ...Oogfh. ...Hurrg. Darn it's heavy."

Karen ignored Grants dumbfounding attempts against the bolted box,

"All I'm saying is? You could try to be more positive."
"...Umph. Listen Karen. ...Urrk. ...Huufff. You want to be a Jedi Knight? Fine. Go for it. I'm busy... Urrr. ...Urk. ...Oogfh."
"Busy looking like an idiot?"
"I'm busy. ...Omff. There. Got it. See? ...The machine likes me? What did I tell you?"

~ Beep Boop ~
The vending machine shot out another soda and kicked Grant in the shins.

"Arrggh! Damn it!"
"You were saying?"
"Awwghh. ...I was. Ow. ...I was saying? (Damn machine) ...I was saying that we don't always 'have' to work together you know?"
"Ow. And just what is that suppose to mean Pherson?"

"Well. Well. You could always request a transfer? Start back a Temple somewhere? Be closer to Captain Fancy-pants or whatever. The Order is changing Karen. You can change too?"
"Knock it off Grant. We've been a team for twenty years. We'll do this together. ...I'd, just like you pull your weight a little bit more. Thats all. Help us 'both' get that brighter future. Yes?"
"Ugh. Karen I told you. I don't want to be a Jedi Knight. It's all politics from then on out. Do this, do that. Fight here, die there. We'll just become another cog in the machine. At least here as Padawans nobody notices us. We can act regular. We don't need Masters, or Trainers, or Overseers. Nothing. We can just be normal."

Karen turned and gave Grant the cold shoulder. Throwing away her half-eaten candy bar and stomping off.

"Well. Maybe some of us want to more than just 'normal'. Hmph."

Grant was left to sigh and watch her go. Running off angry again. And poor Grant was left standing all alone next to the vending machines.

~ Beep Boop ~
"Yeah. You said it Vendy."

The machines whirled and spat out another soda into his shin.

"Arrraggghhh!!!"

Today just wasn't his day.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
___

The social gathering continued for some time before everyone smiled and parted ways. Night was quickly approaching and it was time to say their goodbyes. In only a few weeks time the Senate Building would be good as new. And that was something that everyone had helped accomplish.

Together.

___

* Thread Closed by Author

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom