Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet & Greet (Republic_)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Republic Faction: Meet & Greet
___

Coruscant

A broken Senate building. Following a recent terrorist attack the Jedi Service Corps had volunteered to help put the stone building back together again. It was the perfect atmosphere of service and cooperation that the Republic needed. Soldiers, Jedi, Civilans, and Volunteers. All working together to fashion a new building out from the old. Every forest has it's cleansing fires. And today, their rebuilding efforts were just another symbol of forging a new future. Together.

"...Hey Grant. Help me over here yeah."
"Yes'um. What do ya need Karen. ...Ah. I see. The colors don't match."

Karen Roberts and Grant Pherson were busy painting a new archway over the Councilors Chambers. Mixing soft blues with brilliant golds to create a royal feeling of grandeur and spectacular gloss.

"What do you mean the colors don't match! Of course they don't match. They aren't supposed to."
"Okay okay. Calm down. ...I just meant. See. Right there. The colors are bleeding. Here I'll..."
"You'll do nothing of the sort. My painting is just fine. Ho hum, to you sir. ...Now take this bucket and go get me another one."
"Huh? ...But there are buckets right..?"

Before he could finish his sentence, Karen dropped the empty bucket of paint right over his head. She was feeling moody today and needed a good pick-me-up. Not a critique on her painting skills. Poor Grant had to jump to catch the falling metal cylinder without spilling anything.

"Gackt! Hey!.."
"Shoo. Shoo. I've had enough of your help Grant Pherson. Go bother someone else."
"Geez..."

The tall hulking Grant scratched his shaved head and schlepped away with wipe of his brow. Sheesh. ...Women.

"So! How's it coming up there Ms Roberts?"

A fine handsome young soldier called from down below Karen's ladder. He gave a brilliant smirk and placed his hands on his hips. Shaking his head at her sudden mood.

"Oh gosh! Rikard! Hello. Erm... Let me just... Hold on one minute."
"Haha. Take your time sweetheart. ...I see all you boys are busy up here. Must be a thousand Engineers, Builders, and Painters about today. Wow. And look at you fellows go. ...Keep this up and we'll be all done before supper. Haha."
"Well." Karen hoped down from her perch, "...It is coming along swifty. And oh my gosh. Rikard! How are you. What are you doing up here on Coruscant?"
"Looking for you of course. Didn't I tell you I'd take you out for dinner sometime? After all, a gentleman must honor the woman who saved his life. Mustn't he?"

Karen blushed and covered her lips. Rikard was a Republic Army Captain whom she had met during a fierce siege. Together they had survived the alien onslaught and defended their position with fortitude. It had earned them both a few medals and a new friendship.

"Goodness Rick. Your much too kind. And far too young for me. Hehe. ...But I would welcome a break. Come. Let's go onto the balcony and talk. It smells like Paint Fumes, Marble Dust, and Mineral Spirits in here. I need some fresh air."
"After you Roberts."

Together they ventured out onto the balcony. Warming themselves under the afternoon sun and passing a very curious Grant on their way out. Who was this new dapper fellow? Grant didn't recognize him. Hmm... Jealous maybe?

"Can you believe it Rick? A terrorist attack. Right here. On the Senate Building."
"I know. I hear we lost at least fifty men defending the place. It's crazy Karen. Just crazy."
"We should all be more careful from now on. I have a bad feeling things are only going to get worse."
"Oh, nonsense. We just signed the treaty making the Republic official across dozens of worlds. This is the beginning of something beautiful Karen. We can finally rebuild our worlds after the virus. Get back everything we had lost."
"Your so optimistic Rick. Hehe. ...I like that."
"Heh. ...Well? ...So. How about lunch then? Just me and you. ...Come on. You can let me kidnap you from these brutes can't you."
"Hehe. No. But you can pull up a marble slab and we can eat right here. They cater to the Senate Building ya know? Come on. Let's go eat in the Audience Chamber. It will be fun."
"Oh yeah! In the Audience Chamber. Whoa whoa. You Jedi really know how to throw a party. Haha."
"The Senate is meeting elsewhere until the repairs are complete. So yes. We have the whole place to ourselves. Haha. Best to make the most of it."

Work continued all around them. Masons plastered and Painters painted. Builders towed in new marble columns and Glassmen reworked the windows. Jedi did some heavy lifting and Grant Pherson busied himself spying on Karen and her new boyfriend Rick. All in all, it was a very busy day for everybody in the Republic.

And the Grand Audience Chamber made for a terrific place to sit back and enjoy a Catered Lunch. Ahh. ...Perfection.

___
* ooc: casual conversation setting for all Republic and Jedi Faction Members. Come meet and mingle in the fanciest building you've ever seen.

The sound of hammering, of machines, of people shouting, all of it echoed through the Senate House. The building was a wreck. Its roof had fallen long ago, the insides had been ransacked and abandoned. Now though it was returning to life, and with it, the hopes of the Republic rose too.

Chancellor Saelari, leader of the Republic provisionally until full elections could be held, was on hand to monitor progress. As she was shown through the construction site by the architect she made sure she showed a keep interest.
"So you were saying, Mr Allos, that this marble was imported all the way from Naboo?" she asked politely. She was talented at listening with half an ear, yet being able to pick up enough of what was going on to comprehend.
"Yes, Chancellor. That's only for the green marble decorations, of course. The rest comes from more local sources."
The Chancellor let herself be guided into the new audience chamber, where one day she would preside over the affairs of state. She noticed a pair of Jedi having a meal, and was interested. It would of course be a good way to interact with the Order, and show that she was a woman who understood the delicate relationship between Jedi and Republic.

Dismissing for the moment her staff she approached the Jedi. Dressed in her ornate robes she looked every inch the aristocrat she was.
"Good morning, Jedi," she said politely. "I trust you approve of this room...even if it is in a state of construction?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen and Captain Rikard stood up and offered a polite bow. Karen as a Jedi and Rikard as an Officer. Grant was busy wandering the halls. Trying not to be noticed.

"Yes Madam. We labor to uphold it's walls as well as it's spirit." Karen smiled and nodded her head.
Rikard only smiled, "It is a wonderful place indeed."

Saelari appeared to be on business today. As such, the two meal-goers remained standing and at attention. It was impolite to carry-on and it would be ill-assumed to invite her to join them on break.

"At ease, my friends," Aurelia said warmly. She could see now only one of them had been a Jedi, but she didn't offer a correction. Besides, this was her chance to show that she was a woman of the people. Any opportunities like that had to be taken!

"I am told that the building will be completed within the month, if you can believe it. I will be holding the opening of the Senate in just two months." She looked around the chamber. "The Republic is rising, my friends, and together we will usher in a new age of prosperity and light, as much with my words as your actions. If I can count on your assistance in this I will be truly grateful."
It was a true politician's speech, inspiring, yet meant to magnify her own importance.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Karen nodded in reply, "Indeed. It is a glorious moment for us all."
Rick only smirked, "We stand ready to assist Madam Chancellor. As always."

Rikard passed a happy smile towards Karen and shuffled to stand heroically. The youthful male was glad to be the presence of such inspiring folk as the Jedi and the Auralia. It made him feel more important than the privileges accustomed to a simple Captain in the Army. Karen stood apart. As a member of the Jedi Order she was comfortable around the Republic but her true loyalties ran with the Force. Obedient to her Gods first and then to her country. As long as it was a righteous country. Perhaps this was wrong. Or perhaps it was because Karen had served under so many different flags during her years as a warrior. But Karen was glad to be helping the Republic now. The Light-Side was pleased to have her there too.

Karen continued, "Captain Rickard and I were just having lunch Madam Chancellor. The local restaurants was kind enough to arrange catering services to the Senate while we worked. As... Our task force is assigned to repainting the finished stones around the archways. We hope to have our efforts finished before the end of the week. It is a welcome time table to embrace."

Rikard raised an eyebrow but nodded just the same. He was actually supposed to be supervising a detachment elsewhere. Best to not to let-on that his flirting was a deviation of his duties. It would be embarrassing. As a Jedi, Karen felt Rick's blushing of guilt in the Force and moved to help,

"If, there is nothing else Madam Chancellor?"

Karen smiled and hoped to excuse themselves. They could talk again when Auralia wasn't entertaining Mr Allos.

Aurelia smiled serenely and made a vague gesture with one hand. "Of course. I thank you for your efforts, Master Jedi, and yours as well, Captain. Your efforts are an inspiration to us all!"

Meaningless flattery, but it was so often effective that she used it very often.

Nodding to the two of them she turned and walked back to her party. There was clearly much more to be done.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
As Aurelia took her leave, Rikard took a moment to boast,

"Haha. Master Jedi. Whoa whoa Karen girl. Big things, big things."
"Oh... Knock it off Rick. We're all heroes today. And the Republic is going to need as many of them as it can find right now. The Chancellor is under a great deal of stress. Many people are expecting her to carry them through these desperate times. Let's not get bogged down in details."
"...Yeah sure. But all I'm saying is that if you keep this up? ...You might finally make 'Master' Jedi Rank. Eh? Eh? ...I know how much that boils you."

Karen frowned and returned to her lunch. Rick knew far too much about her without being able to read minds. It was still a sore subject. Being a Human Jedi Padawan above the age of thirty. Well. Above the age of adulthood really. She was long overdo for a promotion and Karen was beginning to worry that it was never coming.

"It does 'boil me' Rick. But I'm not giving up hope. The Jedi Order is regrouping just as much as the Republic is right now. Everything will be sorted out soon enough. You'll see. It just takes time to get our governments up and running smoothly."
"Sure. Sure. ...But until then, you'll still be the sexiest Jedi Padawan around. ...Well. At least in my book."

Karen rolled her eyes and Rick did his best to seem charming and chevalier. The poor Captain just didn't stand a chance. One of these days Karen was just going to up and smack him. ...But. Until then. She enjoyed the attention.

"Right. Now how about you tell me about your next deployment eh? What lies in store for the heroic Captain Rikard of Corellia?"
"Take a seat Miss Roberts and I'll tell you. It is a fairy tale like none other."

Karen and Rick continued eating and bantering back and forth. It was the perfect setting for a casual conversation.

Teferi looked up at the Senate building, deep in contemplation. The moments of that fateful night came back to him. One, a strange Sith assassin. The other....a familiar face, a dark figure from Teferi's past...

The construction of the Senate building was well underway as the Jedi stood on the steps up to it, the small minute Jedi glaring up, unmoving.

Of course, the Senate Building was a big project, and security was high. One of those hired to help with security was 'Captain' Tegaea Alcori. Her mercenaries were technically for hire from anyone, but favoured Republic and Jedi contracts, and refused to work with the Sith.

And so, after overseeing the defences and checking the guard Tegaea entered and looked around. Like so many others she gravitated to the Audience Chamber, and there came upon the Jedi and the soldier. Shouldering her rifle she entered and approached.
"So, this is the beating heart of the Republic, is it? I expected something...bigger." She laughed. "I see at least that the food's good for some." She held out her hand. "Captain Alcori, Dark Star Security," she said. She didn't nor mally introduce herself to random people, but the Jedi was pretty cute, and she had nothing else to do!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Rikard paused his elaborate and whimsical tale to greet a newcomer. Tegaea Alcori. Of Dark Star Security. Karen raised both eyebrows and held our her hand in kind,

"Karen Roberts. Jedi Volunteer. Welcome Captain. And this is..."
"...Rick. Name's Rick. Republic Army. A pleasure to meet you Captain Alcori."

Rikard again did his best 'I'm Single' impression. Swagger and swinger and smirk'y smirk-smirk. Which was starting to unnerve poor Karen to no end.

"Ah... Yes. Um. Rick, and I were just having lunch. Care to join us Captain?"

Roberts was interested in this new arrival. She seemed world weary and yet perfectly composed.

News travels fast in the galaxy, especially news as grand as the reformation of the Galactic Republic. Even on Dantooine, to a backwater motel bedroom, the news swiftly spread and eventually leaped into the ears of the young Jor'si Denko. It had been a few days since the altercation in the plaza that had exposed him to members of the Jedi Order for the first time, and though his temper had gotten the best of him, he had nothing but positive things to say about the Jedi...though he doubt that held true for the particular group of people present for his Force-fueled tantrum. Nonetheless, deep within the young Near-Human burned a desire to have purpose and to feel accepted; and Jor'si felt that the Jedi Order was the perfect place to sate this burning desire.

So, he packed what little belongings he had and stowed away on a merchant vessel bound for Coruscant. Sure, this was unbecoming behavior for a potential Jedi, but Jor'si was two-credits short of being broke and needed to get to the planet somehow. Besides, he fully intended to repay the merchant in question in some manner...at some point in the future. Once the rickety vessel had come to a landing at the starport closest to the Senate building, the young Near-Human hopped aboard the first public transport that would get him within a few blocks of his destination. This was his intended place of debarkation, as he had heard that many of the Jedi Order had volunteered themselves to the reconstruction of the recently destroyed Senate. It was a shame to say the least: the Republic attacked by the Sith on the same day as its birth.

'Some birthday present.' he said to himself, exiting the public transport and hoofing it the rest of the way to the towering, yet devastated, building. Jor'si was awe-struck as he drew nearer and nearer to the building. Even decimated, it was still an architectural marvel, much unlike the cramped buildings of Nar Shaddaa. Like a moth to an open flame, he was drawn in by its majesty...until he was stopped by a security checkpoint. 'End of the line...' he muttered to himself, frantically attempting to think of a way through. He had no legitimate reason for being there, and after the terrorist attack, the security forces weren't just going to let ANYONE near the Senate building.

Fortunately, one of the security guards caught sight of the lightsaber hanging upon his belt and made the assumption that he was apart of the Jedi Service Corps. With a nod, he admitted Jor'si within, who quickly jogged inside before he was recognized as not apart of the Order at all. He wandered about the main hallway for a few moments before he strode closer to a group of people, one in particular he recognized from the altercation on Dantooine. 'BUSTED!' he breathed, yet proceeded anyways. Perhaps they could get off on a better foot if he apologized..

"Excuse me," he chimed in, flashing a vibrant smile, "my name is Jor'si Denko. We, erm, met on Dantooine. I just wanted to apologize for my rashness then...I'll be perfectly honest, I came here seeking to join the Jedi Order. I don't know how going about that, but I'm sure they'll be someone to talk to later on...so, first and foremost, is there anything I can do to help around here?"

His words were directed at the one named Karen, and Jor'si, being the native of Nar Shaddaa he was, completely ignored the presence of the Republic Captain and the Security Guardswoman as he spoke. Some might interpret it as rude, he interpreted it as...a habit.

"Aww, I'm sure soon enough it'll be the envy of the Galaxy and the colossal centre of a brave new world." Siobhan Kerrigan said sardonically just after Tegs entered the audience chamber, striding in behind the mercenary. She had just missed the provisional Chancellor, but was not unhappy about that...Siobhan always felt awkward around politicians and aristos and was not the most tactful.
The Jedi had been working with security on the Senate building construction site, but so far no evildoers had struck. Given the fact that Siobhan was often called a trouble magnet, this was a welcome change, as antsy as it made. She recognised the "Captain" and seemed to brighten, smiling. "Tegs, fancy meeting you here." It was only then that she turned her gaze to the other Jedi. "Siobhan Kerrigan, Jedi Knight...of some variety."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jor'si and Grant

Grant Pherson was done spying on Rikard and Karen. It had become fairly obvious that Rick was a loser and Karen would have nothing to do with him. That made the hulking Padawan smile. Well... Until a familiar face made his unexpected entrance. Jor'si Denko. Had Grant known his name, that is.

"Oh boy. Not this again."

Grant frowned and scratched his stubble beard. I guess it was time to play 'Big Brother' after all. Jor'si introduced himself to Karen before Grant could intercept him. But intercept him, he did. With a big meaty palm on his shoulder to spin the male around. Looking him square in the eye and doing his best 'I pity da fool', impression.

"You can talk to me."

Grant squinted. Around Karen it was best to behave yourself. Especially when 'Mr Overprotective Meat-head', Grant Pherson was around.

"You want to be a Jedi Jor'si? Well. The ladies are busy. And I'm not convinced. So, give me a reason? Tell me, why?"

Grant broke his playfully-fun facade of being a dreadful bully to wink at Karen in the Force. They had played this game many times before. Good Cop Karen...

...And bad Mr Grant.

"The very good sort of variety!" Tegaea said with a grin, shaking Siobhan's hand. "I'm glad to see that even Jedi Knights come down from their ivory tower to converse with us mere mortals!" She was joking and they both knew it. The two of them had been friends for several years now, and Tegs had been hoping to meet her friend.

"Come on, let me show you around!" Tegaea said eagerly. Leaving the others, though she intended to return soon, she headed first to a courtyard being rebuilt inside the building. "Have a look at this! Three months ago when they signed us on, this was just a ruin and you could see the sky through the roof. Now it's getting back to normal. So how's Jedi life treating you? You know you always have a job with me if you need it!"

"Yeah, I know, they decide to let us out of the tower for once and let us see ordinary people. The world must be coming to an end," Siobhan said sardonically and joined her her friend. "Yeah, barely recognisable now," she smiled a bit when Tegs pointed out how far the reconstruction effort had gone, though Siobhan could not entirely share it, waiting for the other shoe to drop as usual. Like Sith, vampires or a dragon lurking somewhere.
"Jedi life's been fine...quiet. That and I haven't run across moronic protesters that make me want to hit them," she replied dryly. "I figure the illustrious Masters have given up on trying to convert me to purity," she laughed a bit then heard Tegs' job offer, apparently not the first time it had come.
"You just really like me to serve under you, don't you, Captain? Seriously, I know and it would be swell, but I guess right now I can still run around in robes. It's what I am now. But you know if you guys need me for something, I'll be right there. So, how's it been going for you?"

When the meaty hand placed itself upon Jor'si's shoulder, it was by the grace of the Force that he did not activate his lightsaber and cut the man's hand off. That was simply the instinct Nar Shaddaa had instilled within the young man, yet he swallowed it down and was involuntarily spun around to face the mug of the other Jedi from Dantooine. To say the least, Jor'si wasn't impressed. He had stared down men a lot bigger, tougher, and uglier than this one. Yet, for the sake of a good first impression, he played along for the most part...though he did reach up and wrench free the man's hand from his shoulder before he made his reply.

"I do believe I was sadly mistaken when I was told that most Jedi had manners. My question was posed to the woman, not you..."

Jor'si leaned in real close to Grant then, so close that only an inch separated his nose from that of the Jedi Padawan. The big bully act was not going to intimidate Jor'si, oh no, by the end of the conversation, it was going to be Jor'si doing the intimidating.

"Now then, first and foremost. If you value your hand, never touch me with it again. Second, I don't have to justify myself to you. You're not the Grandmaster, and I highly doubt that you're even a master....But I'll go ahead and stoop to your level kiddo. I want to join the Jedi Order because I desire to put my power to good use. I desire to be more than just a thug throwing around the Force like a common tool. I want to do some good and have a purpose for being. That a good enough answer chump?"

Admiral Taelros Dreyar was not on Coruscant when the act of terrorism had happened. He was on duty with his fleet and as soon as he was able Taelros had made haste for Coruscant on a shuttle. This breach of security highly troubled him and even on the 'first' day of the Galactic Republic, its enemies had enough nerve to appear on what should be one of the most guarded and secured places in the Galaxy. Dreyar's hate for information leak and corruption was well known throughout the Republic and he demanded to personally see the damage on the Senate building and if possible gain some information on what exactly happened from someone who had witnessed it all. It was not that Taelros did not believe the intelligence reports that he received while he was on board his flagship but Taelros wanted to see everything personally.

So there he was walking down a highly damaged corridor where teams of security were deployed while repair was underway. The security did not bother asking the admiral anything seeing his rank insignia on his uniform. That same security seemed to be privately owned judging by their outfits and the admiral did not like this one bit, he would surely later dig for more information on this security company. Monitoring the whole place and analyzing the damage the Admiral's attention was taken by a man's angry tone and what he was saying. Taelros quickly judged he was a jedi until the man spoke that he wanted to join the Jedi which confused the admiral as the man obviously had a lightsaber. He dismissed his two security escorts as he walked to where a group of people were conversing. Most of the group were Jedi. The other was an Army soldier judging by his rank insignia (He is dressed in Army outfit isn't he, Karen ? If not, ignore this xD), a person of the security that guarded the Senate building.

The Admiral looked everyone from head to toe and expected recognition of his rank by the people around him. Taelros found out that one of the Jedi and the republic army captain had been painting somewhere in the Senate building. Dreyar was very intrigued by what was happening around him and finally decided to speak. He had some critisicm to deploy on these people's heads:
"Who comissioned you to paint walls, Captain ?" The admiral turned his attention to the Army captain with a calm tone. He then took a sharp look at the Jedi woman next to him. Dreyar was unsure if he was happy that Jedis were painting walls and not messing with the military or would it be better to have their combat skills back on the battlefield despite the chaos they brought upon the chain of command.

{{Sorry for the sucky post. I am in a hurry but wanted to join in. Hope I didn't screw up anything. If I did tell me and I will edit.}}

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jor'si & Grant

Jedi don't get mad. They don't entertain it, channel it, or enjoy it. But it might have surprised some to see Grant Pherson actually smile. It looked like Jor'si Denko had some spine. Good for him. Maybe he'd fit in around here after all. The lumbering Padawan Grant folded his arms over his chest and nodded his head with approval.

"Well. Hmph. Your too old, too hot-headed, and too skinny to make a proper Jedi. ...But I like you. You've got guts. We need Jedi Warriors with guts around here. You'll probably get killed in actual combat too. So thats a plus. ...Hmm. Yeah. I think you'll work out just fine."

Grant felt a tingling in the Force and looked around. Yep. That was his que.

"Okay bucko. The Grandmaster of the Jedi Order is just down by the entrance. Little green man. You can't miss him. ...Go say hello and try not embarrass yourself with that temper of yours. ...If he ends up liking you? Then maybe you can ask him about you joining? ...Your a fighter ain't cha. Yeah. I knew it. Haha. Go get'em kid."

Grant winked at Karen again. He'd hazed the poor Denko enough. Only discipline and hard fortitude would really tell if Jor'si had what it took to become a Jedi Guardian in these difficult times. Force guide him. ...Or maybe he'd wussy out and become a Jedi Consular. Mmm. Nah. This kid had fire. He'd die a warrior. Grant just knew it.

Pherson ran a thumb over his nose and smirked. Turning easily and waltzing down the hallway towards his exit. Karen took the oppurtunity before the Admiral's arrival to apologize to Denko for Grant's behavior,

"Oh. Don't listen to Grant. He's been a fighter too long and has lost most of his tact. ...It happens to some Guardians. Best to just ignore him. ...Jor'si right? Nice to finally meet you. I'm Karen Roberts. Grant's partner in the Jedi Service Corps. He and I have been working together for almost twenty years now. ...And we'd be happy to help you join the Jedi Order. You are obviously Force Sensitive and can tap-into your abilities easily. That should make things easier, when the time comes. ...But for now? Grant was right. Seek out the Grandmaster of our Order and apply to him in person. Just keep your pride in check and everything will go just fine. ...We Jedi are far from perfect? But it is the 'pursuit' of righteousness that sets us apart. Very few of us every actually find it. Keep your chin up. Life's true trials never end."

That last thought made Karen sad, but it was mostly true. Jedi were just people. Sinners and all. But the Force would qualify those it called. Such was the powerful changing influence of time and the Force.

"Good luck Jor'si Denko. And may the Force be with you."

___

Taelros & Rikard

Karen was distracted upon the Admiral's arrival. However, Rikard was happy to reply to the Navy Admiral's inquiry with a smile,

"Admiral. Just doing my part sir."

It was a smirking lie, but a clever one. The Army Colonel who supervised Rick was back at base by now. His chance's of get caught flirting with a Jedi were almost slim to none right now. Still. He smiled at attention and said nothing else. Became boring. Became invisible. It was best to just disappear around men with Dreyar's tone of voice. Try not to attract attention and just keep your head down. ...Thats how honest men got promoted anyway.

"Navy Admiral Dreyar? Goodness! So excellent to see you sir."

Karen interrupted. She knew a famous face when she saw one.

"Have you come to eat lunch with the Captain and I? ...Ah! Or do we have you to thank for all these wonderful Catering Services that we are enjoying today? ...Was it you who set up those excellent arrangements? I smell a thinking-man behind it all. That I do. Haha."

Karen pulled out the charm. Unleashing her best womanly-whiles on the Admiral and subtly accentuating her natural curves with posture and poise. Her leather warrior's armor did wonders in this small regard too. After all, if she was going to save Rick's hide again. Best to do it as a lady. She could chase down Tegaea and Siobhan later.

An expression of surprise captured and held the face of Jor'si Denko hostage when the Jedi known as Grant smiled in response to the young man's oh-so-tactful retort and then set about complimenting him; and even giving him directions to where the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order was standing. 'I...guess I impressed him?' he thought to himself, opting to remain silent when the Padawan decided to lumber away. A mere second later, Jor'si was being addressed by the one known as Karen, whom he greeted with a warm smile.

"It's truly a pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss Roberts. I'd be more than happy to take you up on that offer, it'd be...interesting...to say the least to work with the train with the two of you. I'll do my best, and thanks."

With that said, the young man excused himself with a polite bow and began to stride confidently over to where the grandmaster stood...though to be perfectly honest, his confidence eroded more and more with each step. Finally, he stopped before the Grandmaster: a meek being.

"Erm...Hello Mr. Grandmaster Sir...I was wondering if perhaps I could have a moment of your time. I..um..would like to join the Jedi Order."

Siobhan Kerrigan said:
"Yeah, I know, they decide to let us out of the tower for once and let us see ordinary people. The world must be coming to an end," Siobhan said sardonically and joined her her friend. "Yeah, barely recognisable now," she smiled a bit when Tegs pointed out how far the reconstruction effort had gone, though Siobhan could not entirely share it, waiting for the other shoe to drop as usual. Like Sith, vampires or a dragon lurking somewhere.
"Jedi life's been fine...quiet. That and I haven't run across moronic protesters that make me want to hit them," she replied dryly. "I figure the illustrious Masters have given up on trying to convert me to purity," she laughed a bit then heard Tegs' job offer, apparently not the first time it had come.
"You just really like me to serve under you, don't you, Captain? Seriously, I know and it would be swell, but I guess right now I can still run around in robes. It's what I am now. But you know if you guys need me for something, I'll be right there. So, how's it been going for you?"
Tegaea laughed. "You serving under me would be very nice, as we both know! But OK, I won't push the point." She looked around the reconstructed building. "Well...things are getting better, Siobhan. I'm currently on contract to protect this place, but that might change. I've had a new offer...I can't tell you any more, only that it's for something much bigger." Enigmatic foreshadowing! Still, at least Siobhan would know it wasn't going to be Sith or Empire; Tegs hated both groups fervently.

"So what are your plans later, Siobhan? Did you want to get dinner?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom