Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Master and Apprentice

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze frowned not seeming to believe Jasper but never the less he reached out towards the object with the force.

As the ancient holocron activates, a gentle hum fills the air, and the shimmering figure of Master Shae'lan Vosara, a Zhenxi Togruta, appears before them. His long silk robes flow around him, intricately designed with an exotic motif that speaks to a rich and storied culture. The robes ripple as if touched by a gentle breeze, their elegant and flowing design making them seem almost alive.

Adorning his head and the vibrant montrals and lekku are golden chains and jeweled pieces, catching the light and sparkling with every movement.

With a calm and resonant voice, he greets Braze:

"Welcome, seeker of the hidden truths. I am Master Shae'lan Vosara, guardian of this ancient holocron. As you engage with this archive, let it guide you to a deeper understanding of the Force.

The path of the Jedi requires more than discipline; it demands harmony with the universe and a commitment to peace. Remember, true strength lies not in power but in wisdom and balance.

Your first challenge is to embody the following wisdom: 'The tree that bends does not break.' To do so, you will undertake a test of endurance and focus. Assume the horse stance—a foundational martial arts position where you stand with your feet wide apart, knees bent, and thighs parallel to the ground, as if sitting on a horse. You are to maintain this stance for four hours.

During this exercise, concentrate on the flow of the Force around and within you. Meditate on resilience and adaptability, using your breath to maintain calmness and concentration. This task will challenge your physical endurance and your ability to remain mentally composed under prolonged discomfort.

Successfully completing this challenge will unlock further wisdom within this holocron. Embrace this opportunity to strengthen your connection to the Force, and demonstrate your readiness to advance on the path of the Jedi.

May the Force guide your heart and enlighten your mind as you step forward into the legacy of the Jedi, embracing the challenges and triumphs that await."

Braze frowned at that. "He's insane," he stated simply. "There's no way in the whole of the galaxy anyone could maintain a horse stance for that long."

Master Shae'lan Vosara's holographic form steadies, his voice taking on a firm, authoritative tone as he addresses Braze directly. "Young apprentice, to dismiss this challenge hastily is to underestimate the path you claim to walk. In the teachings of the ancient masters, as in the Force, one finds that true mastery comes not from complacency but from enduring the fires of discipline and hardship."

He continues, his eyes narrowing slightly to emphasize his point. "The wisdom contained within this holocron has been earned by those who have shown not only skill but unparalleled perseverance and mental fortitude. It is not simply handed over; it must be won with sweat and resolve."

Master Shae'lan then shifts his tone slightly, incorporating a challenge centered around personal growth and discipline. "Prove your dedication and discipline, both physical and mental, demonstrating unwavering resolve as a true disciple of the Force. Let this challenge reveal the depth of your commitment to mastering its teachings."

His voice softens, offering encouragement along with the challenge. "Show that you are earnest and humble in your quest, not just a dilettante of the Force. Let this challenge test your dedication and measure the depth of your commitment to the Jedi teachings."

Braze frowned and looked at Jasper. " Can you hold a stance that long?"

Sacorria
Tags: Braze Braze

QMYkguM.png

"Oh."

Jasper frowned, taking in the sudden info that had been devulged by the holocron. It seemed... Well, perhaps the slightest but extreme. What did breaking your legs for four hours prove about your commitment?

" Can you hold a stance that long?"

"If I wanna hate myself I might get an hour," he muttered. "You know what? We'll worry about this thing later."

That was a much better idea. Chances are, he wouldn't be letting Braze do such training alone. That ment it was probably a bad thing for him as well. Breaking his legs to get into some stupid record didn't sound like a fun time. He'd see about jail breaking it so they could get around the weird and absurde physical restriction.

"Not very inclusive to beings without legs," Jasper added. "Imagine a Thisspiasian needing to get into this thing."

"Your focus is misplaced. The endurance required is not just of the body, but of the spirit. This test is not solely about physical exertion—it is a gateway to understanding the deeper essence of the Force. It teaches resilience, discipline, and the capacity to transcend one's limits. Those who cannot endure the discomfort of growth will never grasp true strength."

The gate keepers voice was relaxed yet measured.

"The path within demands more than casual commitment. It is a path of sacrifice and rigor. Flinching at this initial trial reveals a lack of the ironclad discipline we prided ourselves on in my time—this tender-palmed generation seems diminished compared to the steadfast seekers from days long past.

Consider this: the greatest warriors of our time and the ancient masters who came before, all embraced such rigors, and it has tempered them for the honor of mastery. Such temperament is essential for true command of the Force."

He cautioned raising a finger as he spoke his tone lightly chiding before offering a pleasant smile at them.

"And be mindful of your words—wisdom adapts to all forms. This holocron offers equivalent trials for those of different abilities and forms. It is not the body that is being tested, young man, but the spirit within. Will yours falter at the first sign of hardship too?"

He asked his voice taking a critical edge.

"Young man, I commend your ingenuity and willingness to seek unconventional solutions—such traits are valuable. However, while creativity is to be lauded, circumventing the true spirit of these trials misses the essential purpose they serve. This is not solely about solving a problem but about enduring it, transforming through it. You must not only confront challenges, but be willing to embrace them in full, allowing them to forge your character and discipline. Bypassing this process, no matter how cleverly, detracts from the very growth it is meant to foster."

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"That wasn't an invitation for a lecture," Jasper remarked with a frown. "Not in my house. My spirit has been tested in ways that would break the mind. I don't need to hear anything more from you."

Jasper turned away, beginning to clean up from lunch.

"Everything has an answer, and the right answer is only what you make of it," he stated. "Character and discipline is a shallow mindset to catagorize actions, and your perception of what that means is influenced by how you were raised and what you were told was right. Not that it isn't hard for an old and wise master to assume a younger individual is beneath their wisdom. Frankly, I don't much care either way."

He began wiping down the grease mark left behind on the table.

"I know the mantra of your kind," Jasper scoffed. "Suffer. You must suffer. Only suffering will give you the willpower to ignore your emotions and become perfect and spiritual. And when you're done? Seek out more suffering. Perfection kills young Jedi, and dead Jedi save no lives." Jasper gives a sigh. "But one who cannot break themselves over and over again without perservering is simply weak, right? The real test of spirit is out there in the real world, not in a databank. You're just too sheltered to see it."

The gate keeper chuckled hearing this. Could Holochrons laugh? "Ah, your passion is as fierce as any flame in the galaxy young man. It amuses me, truly, how ardently you challenge the traditions—perhaps there's a lesson in that fervor for us both; were I not but a record snap shot in time.
And yes, I concede that much of our wisdom comes packaged in age-old doctrines, possibly seeming detached from the 'real world' as you experience it. These principles have survived the ebb and flow of ages, shaped by countless lives that have spanned the cosmos. Know that the principles we uphold have been shaped by millennia of both contemplation and direct confrontation with the darkest corners of existence. Your experiences are valid, young seeker, profoundly so, but they are only a small part of a larger picture. "

Master Shae'lan Vosara spoke with a reflective tone as he continued, "You view trials of discipline as outdated practices. You perceive this as suffering; a tale as old as time and song as old as rhyme from the lips of the nu-initiated. But suffering, it is not. It is a trial of resolve and resilience in the face of adversity—a test placed here with good reason. The path contained within, to Dance The Shadows, demands utmost resolve and discipline to embark upon. This is a safety measure, designed to ensure that the great power this path leads to is only attained when the apprentice is truly ready, not before."

He continued, emphasizing the necessity of these trials: "No amount of complaints will circumvent these safety measures, put in place for good reason, to satiate the over-eager desires of an impatient pup who shies away from hard work. It would be unwise and unsafe to forego these precautions. The trials you face here prepare you, not just in skill, but in character, to handle the profound responsibilities of the power you seek. They are not obstacles; they are essential steps on your journey to master put in place as is tradition for those who undertake the path of the Shadow Master. "

Master Shae'lan Vosara's holographic form would flicker with a stern, almost foreboding intensity as he delivers a final warning to Jasper:
"Let this serve as your final admonition, young seeker. Your continued insolence not only undermines your potential growth but also risks the integrity of the lessons housed within this holocron. Respect the wisdom of those who have walked this path before you, lest you find yourself bereft of the guidance you so desperately seek."

Braze watched the exchange intently, his brow furrowing at the mysterious and unfamiliar dialogue. The concept of the holocron, with its stern and elusive guardian, intrigued yet puzzled him. "The Gatekeeper's being kinda... gatekeeper-y," Braze commented, his tone a mix of amusement and skepticism. He glanced sideways at Jasper, seeking reassurance or perhaps confirmation.

"Why did my father leave me a holocron? I thought only Jedi and Sith made these?" His voice carried a hint of wonder mixed with a dose of doubt. The holocron, with its ancient secrets and cryptic lessons, seemed out of place in his less mystical, more straightforward world.

"Do you think it really does have important information in it?" Braze continued, his gaze returning to the flickering image of Master Shae'lan.

"Could there be something more, something my father knew that needed protection or a special way? Four hours in a horse stance, huh? Maybe they just ran out of practical ideas and started picking dares out of a hat."

Last edited:

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Uhg, this guy," Jasper sighs, turning off the holocron. "I've heard just about enough of that."

"Could there be something more, something my father knew that needed protection or a special way? Four hours in a horse stance, huh? Maybe they just ran out of practical ideas and started picking dares out of a hat."

"He could have been a Jedi and never told anyone," he theorized. "A double life. Some times people lie. Could be something like that, yeah?"

Made sense to him. Or maybe it was easier to believe these things when Jasper himself had a creator that was hard to trust as a father figure. That guy definately told lies, even if he had some good intentions. People weren't paragons after all.

"Dance of Shadows... sounds secretive," he noted. "He could have been a Jedi Shadow. Knights aren't restricted from knowing who's a shadow, but typically others outside the order are left in the dark. It's hard to say."

Braze watched thoughtfully as Jasper turned off the holocron, his voice tinged with hope. "That's the best-case scenario, right?" he asked, his eyes still fixed on the now-dark device.

As he began to help clear the breakfast dishes, Braze continued, his voice carrying a note of excitement. "It's kind of exciting to think about... but it's all in the past now, isn't it?" He picked up a stack of plates and moved to the kitchen, his movements thoughtful as he organized everything that was out of place.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"It's kind of exciting to think about... but it's all in the past now, isn't it?"

"It kinda is," Jasper nodded as he studied the holocron. "Could have left a hint for you in a more convenient way, but it seems like he was part of a secret Jedi society or something, so I guess that checks out..."

Jasper ran his thumb over the holocron for a moment. Secret Jedi societies always seemed so... odd. Why did one need to be so descrete when combating the Sith more than being a shadow and gathering intelegence? Perhaps it was just not his style. He was typically a more direct kind of man anyways, one who stood down his problems head on. It really wasn't ment for him ultimately.

"So, are you gonna train to open it?"

"I think so... maybe eventually work up to it. It's kind of demanding, but the great old masters wouldn't be so renowned if everyone could do it, right? I guess it says something about dedication and hard work or whatever," Braze offered.

"It seems kind of crazy to ask that, but it's not unheard of. I've read a few articles and watched several documentaries about intense training where martial artists dedicate their lives to the art, achieving similar feats even without the use of the Force. It might not be easy, but I'm guessing it's not meant to be... I don't know if I'd be worthy of respect if I just cheated my way through it," he trailed off, thinking about it before sighing softly.

"I don't think I'm ready for any of that anyhow. I still want to learn all I can from you. I imagine it might be hard to juggle various aspects of training. I suppose I could focus on what it demands if I get bored or tired of my usual routines," Braze offered.

It seemed that everything was cleaned up now. He went to gather the other things he was given. "Do you want to keep the holocron for now, or should I find a place for it?" Braze asked, uncertain if Jasper still wanted to mess with it or not.

"I've been thinking..." Braze trailed and moved to run a hand through his soft white hair. He looked uneasy. "I uh... could really use some form of structure to help me work towards improving...." He trailed seeming to find this not something easy for him to exspress. " I'm not feeling very uh... secure in my abilities right now, and I think having a clear framework might help build that security," Braze began, his tone conveying vulnerability.

"I've been hesitant to bring this up, but I feel like ...if I had a better understanding of your expectations... and the consequences of not meeting them, it would help me a lot.... Right now, I'm not entirely sure where the lines are drawn, and that ...uh... that makes it hard for me to perform to your expectations."

Braze paused, searching for the right words to continue, "I really want to do well and make the most of my training with you. Knowing exactly what you expect from me and what I need to aim for would give me a clearer path forward. I hope we can set some guidelines so I can better understand where I stand and what I need to work on.... I'd like to request more responsibility. I want to prove to you—and to myself—that I can handle it," Braze said earnestly.

"Taking on more tasks and maybe even some leadership roles in smaller projects could really help me show you what I'm capable of.
I'm ready to take the next step and show that I can be dependable and responsible in everything I'm entrusted with."

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

Jasper winced a little at this.

There was nothing quite like being reminded about how disfunctional he was, especially as a padawan. The truth of the matter was that he hadn't had any kind of structure at all. It was sort of the last thing that was ever on his mind, with more of a priority on adapting to the ebb and flow of the day to day. It was, of course, not a good structure for a padawan to have. Braze, at the very least, seemed to recognize this.

So what the hell did he do?

"Okay," Jasper sighed. "I can do that... Just... I'll ask you to be patient and give me a little bit to work something out, yeah? Like a day. This sort of thing... isn't really my strong suit."

Braze nodded lightly at that. "I understand... I just want us to be on the same page," he said softly, adjusting his sleeves. "Is there anything you would like to do today?" Braze pondered the idea of freshening up and perhaps taking a nap. Despite the early morning hour, he couldn't shake the feeling of emotional exhaustion.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"No, not today," Jasper remarked with a sigh. "This was kinda my reset day... Consider it a day off."

He had plans for tomorrow, but today was his freebe. He needed the break considering how much he had been up to his knees in all of the recent events that had been going on. It had all been a mess. The Sentinel of Harmony was fine letting Braze off the hook for the day. He did seem rather drained after the discussion they had, not mentioning all of the things they had recieved from his late father.

"I... have something I want us to do tomorrow," he stated. "Training, you can call it. I... have a feeling you want to stay on Coruscant, right?"

Braze stretched lazily, stifling a yawn with the back of his hand, his muscles unwinding after the tension of the day. His attention sharpened as Jasper outlined the plans for tomorrow. For a fleeting moment, Braze wondered if Jasper was playing with his emotions, but he quickly dismissed the thought; Jasper was far too sincere for such games.

"Yes," Braze replied, his voice carrying resolve and a touch of gratitude. "Staying on Coruscant sounds good to me."

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Good," Jasper nodded. "If you want to stay and defend Coruscant when the time comes, you need to better understand the planet. It will take time for the Dark Empire to gather their resources, and that gives us the homefield advantage. That homefield advantage doesn't mean anything if you don't understand what we're working with. So, lets call tomorrow a... recon mission. We better understand the terrain... and I can teach you about how to handle the shadier parts of the underbelly. Cleaning up the streets of Coruscant used to be my speciality before I was on the council."

He wanted structure and things to do, so here was a start. Braze would have to be ready to fight eventually. Jasper didn't like it, but he couldn't hide the Echani from it forever. That's what he wanted, so he had to make sure that he learned the right way. Not the way that his master had learned it.

"Does that sound good to you?"

Braze perked up even more at that. This was something he could do. He didn't burden Jasper with any explanations or expositions of his past forays but instead quickly nodded, all too eager to accept. "Yes, that sounds great. I will make sure I get things ready," he assured, a sort of confidence returning to his tone, one that had been absent for some time. With that, he went to get washed up and took a bit of time to jot down a few things before setting an alarm and resting for a few hours. When he woke up, he maintained all his weapons and tools, sorting through them and deciding on a few simple selections.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Are you sure this is wise?"

Pyf joined Jasper as he stood alone, after letting Braze depart to his room.

"The underbelly isn't a place for kids to run around. You know this well enough," the spark droid remarked. "Besides, Tython should make it clear that the battlefield is not a safe place for Braze to be. He'll-"

"Be fine," Jasper cut in. "I will be with him. You know as well as I do that Braze is going to war, one way or another. I had you barking over my shoulder, but that didn't stop me from running off and losing an arm, did it?"

"I... no..."

The Sentinel of Harmony sighed, crossing his arms.

"Braze wants to fight," he continued. "It's in his blood. If I don't prepare him for this then he'll just run off on his own. When that happenes, I don't have a way to protect him anymore. Sheltering him from the real world is only going to wind up getting him killed." Jasper let out a sigh. "I know you're worried... old friend. I am too... But he needs this, and I need to prepare him so that he comes out on the other side of this war alive. I'll be right there with him. This is our mission now... Nothing else matters."

The little droid gave a mechanical whirr.

"Very well," Pyf relented. "I... trust your intuition. The kid looks up to you a lot. Please don't lead him astray."

And with that the droid departed. Jasper exhaled, finishing wrapping up from lunch.

Come a few hours later, Jasper would be asleep on the sofa, lying infront of the un-lit fireplace.

Braze finished up what he was doing and set aside his selection for later. He went to check on Jasper and found him asleep. Gently, he fetched a blanket to cover him on the sofa. He didn't want to disturb him, knowing that Jasper needed some rest, so Braze let him sleep.
The rest of Braze's day consisted of a few hours of study and research, along with time dedicated to his typical meditative practice.

Once he had finished, he cleaned up again and went to check on Jasper to see if he wanted to make dinner together that evening. It would be a chance for them to sit down, enjoy some time together, and relax.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

Jasper was very much still asleep.

His mind swirled, visions filling his dreams with sights he had not seen since he was a boy. A memory of an event not yet to pass filled his weary mind...

He would attempt to flood the youth's mind with visions of a possible future, one in which all of the Sith's grand designs were fulfilled and the galaxy was torn asunder and consumed in blackened flame.

"Show them what you have seen, Jedi, tell them what you have heard. Let them know this message, wrought in your flesh. We are coming."

The galaxy torn asunder... Consumed in blackened flame. The pain did not discriminate, nor did it take pity on the slave and servant. All set ablaze, screaming into the aether. The runes etched into his skin had been treated, removed of the Dark Lord's presence, but he didn't need any further corruption in the knight's mind. The vision would haunt Jasper to his dying breath.

Images of those he loved flashed through his head. Valery Noble Valery Noble , Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , Iris Arani Iris Arani , Silas Westgard Silas Westgard ... Then the little ones... Aris and Vera, Braze, Jalen. And then...

Marissa Shoda Marissa Shoda .

Jasper shot up, awoken in a cold sweat. His breath was heavy. It took the knight a good moment to still himself, grasping at his prosthetic shoulder almost as though he could feel the skin that was once there. He hadn't had a nightmare like that in some time now. It was a vision after all, not a surefire truth that was fated to be. But the idea that it could be?

Perhaps Tython had more of an effect on Jasper than he had initially realized.

Braze was just about to wake Jasper when he suddenly shot up. Startled, Braze took a step back to give him some space. Jasper didn't look like he had slept well, and Braze remained silent for a few long moments, his somber jade green eyes watching Jasper intently.

"It's okay," he offered softly, his tone gentle as he reached out a hand towards Jasper. "Everything is okay right now." Though he wasn't sure what Jasper was seeing, he could feel the emotional storm emanating from him.

"Try to breathe... everything's going to be alright, okay?" Braze offered in gentle encouragement as he moved to try and sit next to Jasper and rub his shoulder in an attempt to calm the upset he could see and feel coming from him. HE wasn't very certain how to comfort Jasper and just defaulted to what his parents did for him when he was very little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom