Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Master and Apprentice

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

The blade of the lightsaber hissed through the air. Braze ducked, feeling the passing heat overhead, using the Force to sense where his opponent's attack had come from.

"Good," Aether's somber-toned voice praised as they continued their bout.

Spurred by the praise, Braze became more excitable, lunging forward on the attack. His blade was parried, and a sharp, quick counter connected with his thigh as Aether smoothly passed him. "Keep your guard up. You're letting your excitement guide you. Patience," Aether coaxed.

The hiss of pain that escaped the snowy-haired youth was tempered by a sour reflection at the admonishment as he whirled in Aether's direction, correcting his stance.

Following the harsh events on Tython, Braze had wanted to give his Master Jasper a well-deserved rest and had requested that Pyf not wake him up so early. A fine breakfast had been prepared by the small, white-haired youth, and he set it aside to wait until his master rose so they could enjoy a meal together. Initially, Braze sought to try his hand at the same old routine of his typical relentless regimen, practicing Fallo's cadences, but Aether had other ideas to occupy the tenacious youth for the time being.

Aether watched Braze's movements with a critical eye as his photo receptor adjusted, the young apprentice's fervor mirrored in the intensity of his own stance. As a prospective mentor, Aether had seen many young combatants come and go, each with their own flame of potential. Yet, Braze was different. His raw talent was immense, but it was his relentless spirit that set him apart. Aether knew that with the right guidance, Braze could become a force to be reckoned with.

After the brief exchange, Aether paused, allowing the moment to settle. The air around them hummed with the energy of their lightsabers.
"Braze," Aether began, his voice calm but firm, "Your passion is your strength, but unbridled, it can lead to recklessness. The path of a Jedi is not just about the mastery of combat but also the mastery of self."

Braze's somber jade green eyes, alight with the reflection of his training saber, met Aether's blue light gaze. It was a look of respect, mixed with the frustration of the lesson at hand. Aether knew this look well; it was the look of a student on the cusp of understanding, yet struggling against the constraints of their own nature.

"You need to work on your footwork," Aether mused, pacing back and forth. "It's sloppy and needs refinement."

Braze's brow furrowed at the critique, and he adjusted his stance once more. "How so?" he asked.

"Your attacks are predictable and telegraphed. Your movements need to be more fluid and less rigid. Your speed is good, but you rely too much on your brute strength rather than the finesse of your footwork. You need to trust the Force and let it guide you. Just like with your blade work, you need to let go of your attachment to the outcome. If you try to control everything, you'll end up losing control over the situation."

With a sharp nod, Braze straightened his posture and held his lightsaber in a defensive position, ready for Aether to strike. The Iron Knight Jedi did not disappoint as he lunged forward, their blades clashing in a flurry of quick movements.

Despite Braze's size and strength, Aether was stronger, quicker, and more agile, anticipating the Force-sensitive boy's every move. With a flick of his wrist, Braze's lightsaber was sent flying from his grasp, landing several feet away.

"You're still too eager and impulsive," Aether chastised, shaking his head as he turned away from Braze. "Remember what I said about patience. You can't rush things and expect them to fall into place."

Braze felt a surge of frustration rise within him as he retrieved his lightsaber. He wanted nothing more than to prove himself to his Master Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el and the Jedi Council. However, his progress seemed to be stagnant, and he was eager for Aether to show him the way.

"How am I supposed to learn if you won't teach me anything useful?" he asked, his voice tinged with annoyance.

"I am teaching you. You just need to listen," Aether replied.

"Let's try something different," Aether suggested, deactivating his lightsaber. "Focus not on the blade or where you think the next strike will come from. Focus on your center, on the calm within the storm. Let the Force flow through you, anticipate but do not predict."

Braze nodded, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He could feel the Force around him, flowing through his body. He focused on Aether's presence, feeling his movements and his intent.

Without warning, Aether lunged forward, striking at Braze's side. But the snowy-haired youth was ready. He parried the attack with ease, spinning out of the way before retaliating with a flurry of quick jabs that Aether easily avoided.

The two continued their exchange, each attacking and countering, moving seamlessly from one move to the next. Aether could see Braze's movements become more fluid, more effortless. He was learning.

"That's good," Aether said, breaking the silence. "Remember, the Force is your ally. It's a tool, not a weapon. Don't let it control you. Control it."

Braze nodded, his face set in a look of determination. He was eager to learn more, to hone his skills and prove his worth to his master Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el and the Jedi Order.

"Again," he said, raising his lightsaber. Aether obliged, and they resumed their sparring session, each of them feeling the flow of the Force guiding their movements.

Sacorria
Tags: Braze Braze

QMYkguM.png

"Jeez, kid," Jasper yawned as he made his way out. "Have you taken a break yet at all?"

Braze was training a lot lately. That fact was not being lost on Jasper. While he could appreciate the dedication, there was a lot more to life than training and fighting. It was really easy to lose yourself in it all, neglect the other things that were important around you. He didn't exactly want Braze to lose touch with the people he had bonded with.

"Aether, did he eat breakfast?" the knight asked.

As Jasper joined them, Aether paused and executed a simple Disarm once more, effortlessly sending Braze's saber aside. Braze frowned at how easily Aether seemed to be able to catch him. He was just too fast! This frustrated Braze to no end; no matter how hard he tried to keep his grip firm, Aether seemed to know when and how to disarm him.

"I..." Braze looked towards where his blade landed and padded over to collect it. "Yes, I took a break!" he just about squeaked indignantly.

Aether chuckled at that. "No, I do not believe he ate breakfast yet," Aether stated simply.

Braze dusted off his blade and clipped it to his belt before fetching a damp washcloth and patting his face with it. "I was waiting for you to get up so we could eat together," Braze said as he came over to Jasper. "Food tastes better when you share it. I made breakfast earlier but you seemed like you were neer gonna wake up."

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Food tastes better when you share it. I made breakfast earlier but you seemed like you were neer gonna wake up."

"Sorry," Jasper chuckled. "I'm... a heavier sleeper these days..."

The council, the upcoming war, and everything else had him at the end of his rope with work overload. It was difficult, but ultimately he understood better than anyone the responsibility that came with his position. As much as he didn't think highly of himself, the Galaxy knew who he was, looked towards people like him with hope. The pressure to succeed was always a heavy one, but the weight always seemed to be growing day after day...

"Come on then," he grinned. "Let's get something in your belly. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day after all. Don't want your bones turning into mush."

He'd give Braze a playful pat on the back before moving to get the door back inside.

Braze padded inside and took off his overcoat, weighted top, hanging them up neatly. He proceeded to wipe himself down with a damp cloth and washed his hands. Eagerly, he moved to fetch the food he had prepared and set the table for himself and Jasper.

"I understand you have a lot on your metaphorical plate," Braze stated simply as he took a seat. He seemed to have no problem levitating things to assist him as of late, seemingly picking up on mundane actions he couldn't perform with his paralyzed arm. He poured each of them a glass of freshly squeezed lemonade that had time to chill, though the food was no longer hot, Braze didn't seem to mind it.

Notably, Braze had a new, fancy-looking, rather large decorative feather affixed to his braid, along with a small metal charm and a bird's feather. The feather was peculiarly large, with a dark inky black color and a red tip on one end. He also wore beads with black and gold adorning the coloration, along with small gems.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

Jasper sighed as he sat down. The food seemed to have gotten cold, Braze very clealry having made them breakfast well in advance. He took a moment to rub his hands together, outstretching his mechanical arm. He poured force energy into the rune for fire, lightly licking the top of both meals with a small puff of flames to bring back some of their heat. It worked a little bit.

It didn't matter that he had a lot on his plate. He should still be able to keep up with his sceduals just fine. All it meant was that he just needed to put in a little more effort. That was all...

Probably not, but he didn't really see another course of action.

A frown came to his face as he assessed the feather that now adorned Braze's hair. It seemed... odd. Where had it come from? Jasper certainly hadn't seen it before now.

"What's up with the feather?" Jasper asked. "You pluck it off some poor bird?"

Braze flinched as fire sparked to life, momentarily catching him off guard. His wide-eyed expression quickly shifted into a smile that slowly spread across his features, reflecting his amazement at the unexpected display.

"You surprise me rather often. That's a very neat trick... You think in such creative ways. I really... admire that," Braze said, his gaze transfixed on the fire. Playing with fire and wind had become some of his favorite pastimes, but he couldn't help but be amazed at what Jasper could do. There always seemed to be a surprise with him. Though Braze didn't know much about Jasper, he held the man in high regard and was eager to learn more about him and how to better emulate his Master.

"No... it was a gift... Do you remember... that.. uhh... I think she was pregnant... yeah, the pregnant lady? The one from that big fancy ball or gala, I think it was called?" Braze queried, trying to recall where Jasper might have seen her.

"The really tall lady with the wings... It was a gift from her. Her name's Teresa," he explained, moving to take the object out of his hair and offering it over to Jasper as if presenting a cherished little treasure he had found. "I don't think she knows how to be a good adult very well. I don't think she's had a very good life either... She seems... to be... a bit... warped?"

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Holy chit-" Jasper coughed, spitting out his lemonade.

He rushed over to Braze, scanning him for any strange markings or leisions to the skin. Did they plant a rune on him? Already the terrible things that he had experienced were rushing through his mind: Visions of galactic annihilation and preminitions of those he cared for dying before him. It was as though he was experiencing a personal hell he was familiar with all over again for the first time.

"Did she plant anything on you?" he asked in a panic. "Was anyone with her?"

This would be the first time Jasper ever displayed fear in front of Braze.

Last edited:

"No..? I don't think so..." Braze trailed off lightly, frowning as he noticed how upset Jasper was. Jasper was really freaking out and he looked scared... what should Braze do? He was at a loss briefly but he remembered what jasper did for him in the past... He stood up and moved to hug him tightly with one arm. "I'm okay... It wasn't anything like that. Nothing bad happened... it's okay... No one's coming... We're safe. "Braze offered softly. "She had... a young person with her later on? Like a servant? I dunno their relationship, really. But... She didn't do anything mean or nasty to me... we had a very civil conversation..." He trailed off, uncertain if he should tell Jasper anything else, as he seemed to be really freaking out. Nuzzling into Jasper's chest, he added softly, "Nothing bad happened."

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

Jasper sighed as Braze hugged him, returning the embrace.

"Braze..." he began, his voice still a little shaky. "You can't just... I..."

How the hell was he supposed to even tackle this? He hadn't imagined that he would ever be put into a situation like this at all. There was something about all of this that felt so wrong, especially with how intertwined that woman was with... Him.

"I'm glad you're having civil discussions with people," Jasper continued, "But you can't just spend time with people like her. She... she follows a man who has and continues to do terrible things. Carnifex has commited countless genocides, tormented his own family through drugs and threats of possession, removed the minds of people to turn them into slaves... He can latch onto anything and anyone... drive you to doing terrible things to yourself when you can no longer bare the torment."

The man's mechanical hand trembled a little. It was... strange. For a moment it felt as though it was organic again, a feeling he had not experienced since his time as a boy. He didn't have anyone then. Jasper couldn't lose it all over again.

"I... I can't lose you."

Braze could feel the sorrow and fear emanating from Jasper, causing his eyes to involuntarily glass over. Leaning back briefly from Jasper, he then nuzzled his chest, trying to provide comfort and reassurance that he was fine and present with him. Taking Jasper's organic hand in his, he squeezed it gently before moving to fetch Jasper's chair and gesturing for him to sit down.

"I get what you're saying; Really, I do get it. "
Braze said softly. "I didn't intentionally go looking for her... I don't know... You never wonder why people do what they do? I felt like... maybe I had a chance to find out... To understand why someone would... follow someone awful? I think I understand it better now... I would rather want to try to prevent others from being the same... My thought process was... to find out the why so I can better understand the problem..." Braze offered softly not sure how to have a conversation like this. He wasn't sure this was a good way of doing it.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"I understand," Jasper sighed, "And it's an admirable goal, but there are some situations where that can't happen. Some people won't be as willing to talk, and you put yourself at risk by continuing to engage with people in that way who may be connected to those who can cause harm. If Carnifex or any other Sith found out you were there, you're a direct line to... to me. To all the people you care about."

Jasper turned his head, letting out an exhale. It wasn't fair, or really his fault, but Braze was his weakness. It was the fastest way to get Jasper to fold on any matter. The Sentinel of Harmony was a different man when he thought he had nothing to lose, but now with people in his life that he loved? It was different.

"People will hurt you to get to me," he noted. "And... it will always work. I care about you a lot, and I don't want to see you hurt just to be used as leverage. Your heart is in the right place, but you can't keep blindly throwing yourself at situations like this. Eventually you get in too deep. You can't tread water, and more and more you sink further and further away. I... I've been where you stand. I've seen people I love dive in and not come back the same."

He'd clasp his hand on Braze's shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze.

"I... you need to talk with me when you do things," the knight affirmed. "If I don't know where you are, and you get yourself in to deep... I don't know if I can help you. That scares me."

Braze grappled with the intensity of the situation, struggling to find the right words or actions to alleviate Jasper's upset. He realized that perhaps there was nothing he could do in this moment to mitigate the depth of Jasper's fear and terror. Standing there in silence for a few tense moments, Braze listened intently to Jasper, offering him the respect to finish his thoughts and even waiting a little while after.

Turning his searching jade green eyes to meet Jasper's gaze, Braze spoke softly but with conviction. "I... I know they will," he trailed off gently. "I am aware that is always a possibility...and it always will be.... but I'm not going to live my life in fear of others ill will... and I'm not going to let you live in the shadow of fear and terror anymore. I am going to do everything in my power to protect you."
Braze paused to hug Jasper again trying to give him a physical sign of him being there for him.

"And I'm going to do everything in my power to live up to what I think a Jedi should be," he added, his tone serious and determined. Then, pausing to ask a crucial question, Braze's expression became even more earnest. "Let me ask you something... please... Do I belong to you? Or do you belong to me? Do the students belong to the master? Or does teh Master belong to their students? Which is it?" It was clear that this was a deeply important concept to Braze, and he wanted to know Jasper's thoughts on such a question.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"We belong to ourselves," Jasper stated. "I don't own you and you don't own me... but I..."

Protect him? That was Jasper's job. He couldn't help but feel a slight bit of frustration at this. He didn't want to control Braze's life, but he didn't want him dead either. This upset him to no end.

"No," he frowned. "You need to stop talking like that. I don't care if you aren't afraid, or aren't living in terror. That's fine, in fact, I encourage it, but you aren't gonna be able to do any of that if you're dead. I'm not going to allow you to even think about protecting me until I know for a fact that you aren't just going to run off and get yourself killed."

Jasper let out a sigh.

"Kid, you aren't seeing this from the perspective of your own self-worth," the man muttered. "You have an entire life ahead of you, but you throw yourself at the wall ready to die tomorrow. Death is something that comes for everyone, and you shouldn't be afraid of it, but you shouldn't deprive yourself the chance to live either. The connections that you've made and the things you put out into the galaxy are important, and when you're gone they can't be replaced. I don't need protection. I've been doing just fine for years. What I need is... "

He paused, taking a moment to calm himself. Everything was fine. Braze was still here and still in one piece. He just really needed Braze to understand what he had struggled to learn himself.

"I need you to step out of your shoes and stand in someone elses," Jasper affirmed. "I need you to see what you mean to other people. We need each other, you and I. In the same way you would be devistated without me, I would very much be the same. I don't run off and get myself killed because I understand that people need me. You need me. In the same vein, there are people who need that very same connection that they share with you." He sighs again. "I am proud that you are commited to being the best Jedi you can, and the fact that you're thinking about these things is good... but I don't want to see you tear yourself apart. I didn't take you as my student to train you on how to get yourself killed. Its my job to help you achieve your dreams."

"A dead man achieves no dreams."

Braze's initial reaction was a subtle retreat, a half step back accompanied by a frown. "I disagree," he murmured softly. "Not like... literally owning, like property... I believe... we belong to each other," he suggested gently, then winced at the sting of Jasper's subsequent words.

Silence enveloped him as his gaze fell to the floor, a tightness constricting the back of his throat while a searing pain ignited his eyes, prompting tears to well up. He remained mute, drawing a hand up to dab at his eyes. "I..." His voice faded into a whisper, broken by sniffling, as he rubbed the heel of his palm against his eye. His once articulate voice had turned meek and subdued. Looking thoughtful yet visibly distressed, he halted mid-sentence. The whirlwind of his thoughts, usually racing at the speed of light, seemed to crash into a stunned silence. His shoulders slumped, and he averted his gaze from Jasper, opting to stare at the floor rather than face Jasper. "Okay," he conceded in a hushed, tear-streaked whisper.

It was challenging to decipher his thoughts, but his posture suggested resignation. He began to absentmindedly rub his hand over his non-functional arm, pressing firmly into the muscle and stroking downward as he shifted uneasily, his breathing growing erratic. Casting a fleeting glance at Jasper, he quickly looked away, the turmoil within him barely contained.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"Hey, it's okay," Jasper assured, giving the Echani's shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "You don't have to go at this alone. You have people... and you have me."

He gave a sigh, thinking back to the first question Braze had asked.

"Sorry, I, uh, think I interpereted 'ownership' wrong," he noted with a bit of embarrassment. "The word... I think it may always have a negative connotation in my mind. I don't mean to dismiss what you stated there. You're right. We have a connection, you and I. That's... more important to me than you may ever realize."

Jasper would go to lift the boy's chin up so that he could see his warm smile. His concern had faded by now. Braze was alive, he was safe, and he was here to listen to what he had to say. That was really what was important. The fact that they were both here and able to grow and learn together was all Jasper really needed to dispel his fears. He'd give his student a pat on the back and remain warm in his presence towards him.

"Dry your tears, yeah?" Jasper continued gently. "The day just started. No reason to be down in the dumps."

He paused for a moment, turning to their food.

"I think breakfast got cold again," the Knight laughed.

Braze's tears flowed freely in front of Jasper, a marked departure from his usual attempts to hide his vulnerability. Jasper's words had struck a deep chord within him, causing an internal turmoil that Braze couldn't suppress. The conflict between his desire to be authentic and his instinct to shield Jasper from worry waged war within him.

He had always strived to maintain composure, to project an image of strength and self-assurance. But now, as tears stained his cheeks, Braze felt a sense of betrayal to himself. Jasper's inadvertent and likely un-intentional undermining of Braze's perspective of his own autonomy left him feeling exposed and powerless.

The weight of Jasper's expectations pressed down on Braze, suffocating his sense of self. It was as if Braze's very identity had been challenged, forcing him into a role he didn't choose for himself. A role he had sought to leave behind, yet one he still found himself fitting into, whether he wanted to acknowledge it or not. In these few moments of sharp vulnerability, Braze felt trapped, unable to reconcile his own emotions with Jasper's perceptions of him.

Despite his inner turmoil, Braze couldn't bring himself to confront Jasper's assumptions and views. He couldn't contest them. Because Jasper was right. Furthermore, the fear of disappointing Jasper, of further disrupting their fragile dynamic, held him back. Instead, Braze silently acquiesced, allowing Jasper's perception to dictate his own self-image.

Braze grappled with a newfound uncertainty about his place in Jasper's world. The realization that his authenticity came at the cost of Jasper's peace of mind left Braze feeling adrift, questioning the true meaning of his own perspective of autonomy and self-expression.

The small being that was the sorrowful Braze shifted uneasily, feeling overwhelmed. Guilt and sorrow were the main emotions that bubbled to the surface. Small hands rubbed at the glassy, wide green eyes, trying to wipe away the tears. He felt bad about all of this and felt like he had wronged Jasper. Quietly, there was a small murmur that slipped from those lips as Braze tried to quell the upset he was enthralled in but not finding the means to do so, even as Jasper tried to lighten the mood.

Braze tried to calm the storm of emotions swirling within him, but it felt like an uphill battle. Even with Jasper's attempts to cheer him up, Braze found himself still trapped in the grip of his emotional turmoil.

"I'm... sorry... Papa,"

he whispered, his voice barely above a breath, his words laden with sincerity and vulnerability.​

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

That was...

Jasper pulled Braze into a tighter hug, letting out an exhale.

"I'm proud of you, you know," he stated with certainty. "Teaching you has filled me with more fulfillment than anything else in my life. It means so much to me to have this... I love you, and I mean that with every fiber of my being... son."

There was a little bit of a tremble in his voice when he said those words. This was not something that Jasper was ever prepared to be in his life, but it was what he was now. Jasper didn't know how to be prepared, or if he even deserved to be such a thing, but he was here in this moment filling this role for him. To Jasper, there was no role more important in the entire galaxy than this one he was filling right now.

"You're okay," Jasper assured. "You aren't a burden to me and you never will be. I promise."

Braze latched on and hugged Jasper with surprising strength, as if afraid that letting go would somehow mean he'd lose Jasper. The reaffirming words meant the world to his tender heart.

"Thank you... "

The feeling of having someone like Jasper in his life flooded Braze with a wave of positive emotions. It brought a profound sense of belonging, of finding solace in the presence of another soul who understood him in ways he couldn't fully express.

And the way he felt about having someone like Jasper in his life meant far more than his youthful idealism,and grandiose visions of heroism or the pursuit of lofty ideals. Braze took solace in the companionship and the unconditional acceptance that Jasper offered.

Braze had decided... He didn't need to do more here... just being was enough.

Pulling back finally he sniffled and tried fruitlessly to dry his tears. "I... We could make breakfast again. " He suggested in a sober quiet tone addressing jasper's concern from earlier about the food being cold again.

Sacorria

QMYkguM.png

"I mean... it's almost noon," Jasper noted. "We could order a pizza."

Pizza was his comfort food. It helped when you felt down, or that's what he liked to think. It reminded him of home. Sad and dingy as Coruscant was, it was his home. He had grown up exploring its depths, and that was the kind of food that he wound up finding down there. It was just a good, terrible thing to stuff your face with and forget about the world.

"I think today should be one we take to relax," he added. "We both need a break."

It had been getting rough out there. They were both at the end of their rope in some form or another. It never hurt to take a step back and just enjoy existing for a little bit.

Helped fight back the insanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom