Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

So I didn't see anything in here about the new remaster. I wanted to see if anyone else had played it through yet. Obviously I'm a fan ;)

I thought it was a really nice remaster. The character creation system being the same across all 3 games really helped a lot. As did having all of the DLC included. If you are looking for a reason to start one of the best series, or replay it I highly recommend downloading it!

Anyone else played yet?

Last edited:
Yeah I feel that. I have a piece of advice, don't do the CItadel DLC until you get near the end and have all your squad and hopefully a romance if you play that way. I started it too soon and didn't get all the cool dialogue options they offered.

Other than that this has been my first time playing the same Shepard from 1-3 and it's really been cool to get more of the roleplaying aspect of it!

EDIT: Advice if you haven't played the Citadel DLC before. :)

So far loving it, actually the first time playing through the first one. As my first experience with the trilogy was when the third one came out, and I snagged that without knowing anything about Mass Effect. Obviously loved it to a point where the trilogy made a huge impact that I bought 2 and 1 in a box set, but was sad that it didn't include essential DLC for story. Big mistake on that part for leaving out DLC that i love that they put in this edition.

The first one classic wise, was way too clunky the shooting was terrible. So I thought the first one was just damn near impossible to enjoy. But for the remaster I am loving it myself. Still stuck on one, and just trying to do everything, but not sure what romance. Liara or Jack is the question. And playstyle is renegade all the way.

In my opinion if this series left a big impact on you at somepoint, or even if not. I'd say totally get it. And for 60 bucks, all three games, all and any DLC content released and over 100 hours of content which for me is gonna be a while to get through. It's amazing. So far I'd say the game that I wanted all year and have been waiting since I first touched ME3. And for those jumping in for the first time, I envy the wild ride you will get through, also playing through ME3 first, I will say I was not bothered by the ending, and actually liked it for what it was. But that was from someone who didn't know what it was all about and so expansive.

Kyrel Ren Kyrel Ren

I love that review!

I played all three of them multiple times when they came out but went through Xboxs so fast I wasn't able to get my saves to go to the next one.

ME1 was the awkward first child for sure, but I remember being so enthralled by the idea that I couldn't put it down. I used to only do renegade FemSheps when I was younger so this time I decided to do a mostly paragon playthrough. I've been RPing it so that over the games my male shepard has become slightly more renegade in the sense he will do whatever it takes to save the galaxy.

I used to also only play soldiers, but this time around I went with engineer and a sniper and I have to say I love it so much!

Adonis Angelis IV Adonis Angelis IV

Thank you! Since this remaster came out, since it's so easy to get all three games now. I encourage anyone to pick this game out. Femshep after seeing some videos I can see the hilarious and wonderful chaotic glee you can get out of playing renegade femshep. Something that I will revisit the next time I play.

Honestly I can see the appeal behind that, I am RPing in a sense that, My shepard grew up in a very rough life, so he became ya know a stone cold badass, but can show a softer and more compassionate side around the squadmates. I love vanguard, or at least anything to do with the biotic powers. ME1 is amazing in this so far, although it still has some clunkiness. As long as I can shoot Geth, or anyone else than I can at least enjoy the game a lot better.

I still hate how in ME2 rifles are still restricted to class, and so happy they fixed that in ME3 but you know I am not sure if they fixed that in the remaster or not, but still so far I'd say this is a game you can get lost in for days on end, and the vastly different outcomes and choices could lead you going back for more. I will definitely wanna go back to try different romances, and see FemShep!

Vesta

V
I've only gotten a little bit of the way into 1 so far but it is definitely a better experience than I remember the first time I played 1, so I'm hopeful for 2 and 3 (2 was my favorite out of the trilogy). This is, tbh, how remasters should be done as a baseline standard. The improvements aren't so big that you're missing out not by getting it, but they're substantial enough that it's worth buying over the original (which is still available on the same storefronts digitally) and make it a better experience if you do decide to try for a replay of the series.

Just picked it up last night! Looking forward to jumping back into the series, it’s one of my favorites. I've always found ME1 a bit hard to replay cause boy does it show its age, so with some of the fine tuning they added, this will be a nice excuse to run through the whole trilogy again. Knowing me, I’ll set out to do a new kind of playthrough only to fall right back into doing the same exact thing I’ve done already ;_;

I would, but the lack of coop multiplayer for ME3 turned me off. I remember destroying that game mode. Giving my best friend my other CD just so we could all play multiplayer. He still has that CD to this day. I enjoyed the Turian Sentinel. I heard they might be bringing it back, but I won't be holding my breath. It looks good, though, and I'm happy to see that ME1 got a lot of TLC.

So I have finished the saga at last. It's still one of the best.

ME1 was greatly enhanced by the changes, but ME2 and 3 had only minor changes which makes sense really.

ME3 is for all but the last 2 hours a pretty amazing conclusion. The Citadel DLC is indulgent but a lot of fun.

8 years and the new extended ending has mellowed my thoughts somewhat towards the ending, but it's still clearly rushed to get to the final decision.
There needed to be another mission and some cut scenes explaining what happened to the Citadel and what happened to the millions of people on board. All those NPCs you helped and talked to? Probably dead off screen. It's bad.

The Red/Blue/Green ending is still...not ideal but likely the only practical way to do it.

However, by getting the maximum war assets like I did this time (over 8000 required) you get what I consider to be the best ending with Destroy. It is a shame to lose EDI and the Geth, but in a struggle like this there are casualties, and you have freed the galaxy from being harvested again and again. And despite what Star Brat thinks that is preferable.
The galaxy gets pretty much back to normal here.

Control I do not like. Immortal God Empress Shepard is now basically ruler of all life. No one can oppose their 'suggestions'. I forsee a dystopia leading inevitably to another war with the Reapers under control of their 'benefactor'.

Synthesis I have serious objections to, both in character (Paragon femShep) but also out of character. Like, how does it work? Is everyone now a machine or organic, or both? If both, how does that even work? Why do the Reapers just go and start helping people? Why is this the 'best' outcome?

At least they did good work with the extended cut to make it more comprehensible.

Synthesis I have serious objections to, both in character (Paragon femShep) but also out of character. Like, how does it work? Is everyone now a machine or organic, or both? If both, how does that even work? Why do the Reapers just go and start helping people? Why is this the 'best' outcome?

Also imagine a Husk (or any of the other creatures sentient beings can be turned into) becoming self-aware...and realising what they've become and what they did under Reaper influence.

Oh, and the death machines that turned them into that are still around and supposedly 'friendly'. And this is the decision the genocidal hologram tries to push you towards. Listening to a genocidal lunatic is a really bad idea, to put it mildly.

Besides, I don't like what they did to EDI in 3...so her dying in Destroy isn't an issue for me. Much like how 3 has made me prefer to kill Ashley in 1 so that she dies a hero who acted and dressed like a soldier...instead of going on to raid Miranda's wardrobe.

Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris

Last edited:
Siobhan Kerrigan Siobhan Kerrigan
What do you mean, the zip up armour is great, right?!

I'd never had Kaiden go through a whole series before but I found him actually not bad. Once he's on the team in ME3 I think they did a good job with him.

Hmm, I thought EDI was interesting in ME3 but yes, a small price to pay.

Considering Leviathan reveals that Star Brat is just a crazy AI not really different than the one you defeat on Luna Base I'm not treating its words of 'wisdom' with much backing.

What do you mean, the zip up armour is great, right?!

I'd never had Kaiden go through a whole series before but I found him actually not bad. Once he's on the team in ME3 I think they did a good job with him.

Ashley pulling a gun on Shepard bothered me a lot less than her deciding to wear something I'd expect Sio's harem girls to wear. I find ME3 EDI interesting personality-wise. I don't like her looking like a sexbot.

As for Kaidan, he's not bad, just boring. People compare him to Carth but that's unfair. Carth is whiny and never stops blathering about his issues and needs you to mother him if you're playing a female Revan. Kaidan has dealt with all his issues and is inoffensive.

Hmm I wonder what an Elpsis style playthrough would look like. Probably a mix of Renegade and Paragon decisions. No romances in 1 or 2.

Last edited:

Exactly, Kaidan wears a good outfit, practical. But then he's a guy. But...Liara can wear a proper outfit. So I guess it's just humans.
I do like that femshep's armour is all proper, and aside from the formal dress the casual stuff is proper.

Yes, I think they play up the sexbot vibes for EDI, even make a joke of it. I use some of the alternate outfits which make it seem more reasonable.

I don't like Kaidan in ME1 but in ME3 he's more fun.

My femshep romanced Garrus. I think that's my favourite femshep romance. He's very sweet and awkward and you can actually romance him in ME3 too. He doesn't run off with someone else or similar.

Going to do a maleshep game. I'm struck by how much better Jennifer Hale is as femshep compared. She put some actual emotion and intensity into some of the lines. Maleshep just seems flat sometimes.

I really enjoyed my Paragon playthrough for ME2 and 3. Renegade is fun because you get shouty, but Paragon has some really interesting moments where your force of personality is carrying everyone. Gives character to what could be a blank slate.

For Elpsis I think she'd tend towards the ruthless renegade choices, but also some of the tender paragon ones with her crew.
She would totally beat the crap out of Vega, lol.

She could romance Traynor. She's cute, though perhaps not a good fit personality wise for her. Liara...still confuses me a bit. Also an option though if you like blue archaeologists turned info brokers.

Yes, I appreciate FemShepard wearing proper armour and being treated seriously. And Paragon gets its good moments instead of just being a stereotypical paladin, while Renegade gets a bit too stereotypical after 1. Would've liked some Paragon 'leaps of faith' to backfire on you, but it's not egrerious.

'He doesn't run off with someone else or similar.' Unlike that other dude from ME2. The less said about that person the better.

For Elpsis I think she'd tend towards the ruthless renegade choices, but also some of the tender paragon ones with her crew.
She would totally beat the crap out of Vega, lol.

She could romance Traynor. She's cute, though perhaps not a good fit personality wise for her. Liara...still confuses me a bit. Also an option though if you like blue archaeologists turned info brokers.

Yes. I'm not entirely sure if she'd let the Council die in 1...because, frankly, while I understand the game needed a 'big choice', ICly it's weird to leave that decision to a field agent. Though on balance she probably would. She'd really hate Failberus though.

'She would totally beat the crap out of Vega, lol.' Yes. He needs a good beating.

As for Liara, as has been discussed a couple times, I dislike her. One moment she's an archaeologist who's tripping over herself and frankly throws herself at you, then a wannabe crime lord...who turns out to be utterly useless in 3. Also her obsession with Shepard rubs me the wrong way, as well as Shepard being railroaded into being best pals with her...even if you were a jerk in 1.

Elpsis would find her awfully clingy and hate the fawning. While the the shower scene is weird, Traynor is cute, sweet and actually useful. Not the best fit in terms of personality, but then I imagine Shepard dying at the end of 3 anyway. Alas, ME1 Ashley is not an option.

when it comes to endings the "secret" ending I wish was actually good. Shooting the starchild AI without the option to let us fight... we brought the entire galaxy together we showed how to beat the reapers... we took a couple down. It would have been a massive endeavor to factor in everything yes and don't need a happy ending but the option to see yourself go down swinging would have been nice

Junko Ike Junko Ike
I mean, you do get a slide show of the Reapers winning. Which makes sense. They were setup as the big bads you wouldn't beat conventionally.

You're better letting the council survive even as a renegade because it changes almost nothing. There's still 3 slightly different councillors next game and Udina is still in charge for the humans regardless.

I do like Tali and Garrus as they evolve. They feel like exposition pieces for their species in ME1 but as each proceeds they go nicely.

Vega is a disrespectful ass to you and even though you can reprimand him a little you can't give him a smack he likely deserves except in training.

Cortez I never really paid attention to much, but his interactions with Femshep are rather sweet. The fact he's not hitting on you is good too.

I do think Jack is the most improved character from ME2. Nice to see that evolution.

Might romance Tali this playthrough, or perhaps someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom