Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Masks of Madness Event - Overview & F.A.Q.

If you are reading this, we're approaching the latest event that will join the likes of such events ran in the past.

The Clockwork Rebellion
Mini-Event Roche
Dark Harvest
Valen
Masks of Madness

If this is to be your first Galactic Event, it's a series of threads made of epic proportions in relation to most other activities done on the site. This event will follow the same scheme as Dark Harvest, including:

1. Three Opening Threads, all leading up to 1 Finale Thread.
2. A New Site Theme
3. A New Timeline
4. Plenty of new flashy artwork.

Like Dark Harvest, the site will likely be shut down early in the AM of March 30. Usually, this will only be for an hour or two - however long it takes to prepare. Some new "Features" unique to Masks of Madness will be announced in the coming weeks as we approach. More story elements will be unveiled in the coming weeks. But for now, I'll say this much:

This new event is following a new story direction. Clockwork Rebellion and Dark Harvest, my own two personal favorites (go figure), were very non-relatable stories. Basically, they were just drawn out boss battles.

Masks of Madness is intended to... upset the status quo by introducing a more "human" element into these epic events.

Most important of all, though - I hope everyone enjoys what we have coming your way!

--------------------------------------------------------​
Frequently Asked Questions
( None so far, ask your questions in reply to this thread and if they can be answered, they will be added to this list. )​

Will there be special items for people who participate? Rewards for people who defeat certain enemies, or get past different obstacles in the storyline?

I'd really like an actual mask of madness.

Adamus Straife said:
Will there be special items for people who participate? Rewards for people who defeat certain enemies, or get past different obstacles in the storyline?
Yes there are always awards.

I'm jut interested in doing this.

Yoru Shakou

What of those writers that decide not to put their characters into the event? What of their characters; what will happen with them?

Likewise, I've just begun to lay my own foundation for bringing this character back. With the event running, should I not bring the character back until after the event?

What will those writers that do not participate in the event be faced with upon its conclusion?

What amount of RL time will be spent on this event compared to past events? (with Clockwork being long and Roche being short. I'm pretty sure those are extreme ends, but correct me if i'm wrong. :p)

@[member="Tallia Farn"] about each event lasts a month or so. Roche was just one battle but spread up into different parts because it was so huge. Valen (as some would say) failed because of the timing, but still lasted a month regardless of how little posting was done on it. So if all goes as it has in the past, I would say about a month.

Adamus Straife said:

I'd really like an actual mask of madness.

Yes, there will be In Character rewards handed out at the end of the event.

Baroness Magrath said:
What of those writers that decide not to put their characters into the event? What of their characters; what will happen with them?

Likewise, I've just begun to lay my own foundation for bringing this character back. With the event running, should I not bring the character back until after the event?

What will those writers that do not participate in the event be faced with upon its conclusion?

The board's environment will function as normal while the event is ongoing. It'll be annoying to those not participating because you'll see Masks of Madness stuff everywhere to encourage you to join, but you don't have to, and it'll have zero impact on your character.

Tallia Farn said:
What amount of RL time will be spent on this event compared to past events? (with Clockwork being long and Roche being short. I'm pretty sure those are extreme ends, but correct me if i'm wrong. :p)
We aim for a month. (( @[member="Zoey Marix"], please refrain from answering questions. ))

The first three threads will be given two weeks, there will be a short intermission, and then the Finale will be given a week and a half.

However, there will be a LOT of flexibility, as not everything goes as planned with these events.

You mention that we can all sign up for each thread, like I could sign up all three of my characters in all three threads, but how does signing up affect if we want to volunteer as an Event Runner? I'm thinking about helping, but how would this conflict with using my characters, if at all?

Vereaux said:
You mention that we can all sign up for each thread, like I could sign up all three of my characters in all three threads, but how does signing up affect if we want to volunteer as an Event Runner? I'm thinking about helping, but how would this conflict with using my characters, if at all?
It would not conflict with your characters, though I expect all event runners to not roleplay with themselves or place their own characters at a higher value than others'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom