Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Feature Mandate Addition: Fair Fight

Link for the lazy: https://starwarsrp.net/ams/factions.2910/?article_page=10

Fair Fight
"Honor. That is why a Knight does what he does." -Ser Gawain
Strength: This Major Faction may only be targeted by one Invasion every 30 days.
Weakness: This Major Faction may only win a maximum of one hex per Invasion.
Weakness: This Major Faction loses this Mandate if it forfeits an Invasion at any time, and may not choose it again.

Reasoning: Dogpiling has been an issue over the years, and saw it happen heavily this last season of invasions. Writers have lives outside of Chaos, though, and it seems this gets lost on the "warposter/#shooter" crowd. It's apparent to me now that the toxicity and stress of this community's map game can be stimulated by these attitudes, so a Mandate is now provided to combat dogpiling and force Factions to adjust their "narratives".

Last edited:
Just want to clarify:

With this mandate, does the "forfeit" mean the option that MFO's have to surrender to the other faction (and thus forfeit the chance of victory) or does it refer to the automatic forfeiture that occurs when you can't meet one of the requirements of the invasion (like not having enough writers present)? Also, does 'may not choose it again' mean forever, or just the next mandate period, or is there some other type of cooldown involved.

Looks like a very neat mandate. I just want to make sure I understand it correctly!

Got a clarifying question about this one.

So it says a faction may only be “targeted” by an invasion every 30 days, but does that mean the targeted faction can still launch as many invasions they want?

I just see this as the faction with the mandate almost able to lose at tiny amount of hexes, while still able to take many hexes from others.

Got a clarifying question about this one.

So it says a faction may only be “targeted” by an invasion every 30 days, but does that mean the targeted faction can still launch as many invasions they want?

I just see this as the faction with the mandate almost able to lose at tiny amount of hexes, while still able to take many hexes from others.

This is the droid you're looking for.

61cadecb3f9308233d4b718b5f799079.png

I feel like, in conjunction with the invasion gain debuff this seems extremely appealing for those factions that feel a bit bullied. Only lose one hex gain per invasion but keep your own hexes locked down pretty much permanently.

My concern is that it would stagnate the map, for example the CIS don't get involved in a lot of PVP generally anyway, so could happily pop this on and have that chunk of the map under lock and key.

I feel like, in conjunction with the invasion gain debuff this seems extremely appealing for those factions that feel a bit bullied. Only lose one hex gain per invasion but keep your own hexes locked down pretty much permanently.

My concern is that it would stagnate the map, for example the CIS don't get involved in a lot of PVP generally anyway, so could happily pop this on and have that chunk of the map under lock and key.

Asking for a friend, haven't the CIS had that portion of the map "under lock and key" for the last 2 IRL years? I don't think your concern is with the Mandate.

Asking for a friend, haven't the CIS had that portion of the map "under lock and key" for the last 2 IRL years? I don't think your concern is with the Mandate.

They have, I dont have any direct issue or even any real interaction with the CIS. I just used them as an example as they are the biggest single block, any faction could do the same. For example if the AC were to expand and meet the Bryn border, we could quite easily lock down the border to no more than one invasion a month. The mandate is interesting and I see the reason, for example TSE getting absolutely dogpiled a few months ago.

I suppose like anything, if subject to abuse, like being used as a replacement for mandate that allows a faction to fortify worlds it would be reviewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom