Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Makeb My Day [Red Ravens Dominion of Makeb]

Makeb
Arceneau Trade Company Mining Facilities
Browncoat Arms & Industrial
[member="Xalus"] | [member="Preliat Mantis"] |

For those aiming to come face to face with Arceneau Trade Company property, they would soon find themselves facing a heavy droid security from Hegemonic Automan's finest.

There were ten H-Mats, ten Z-1 RWD, and two AT-SAT's around the grounds, not to mention the thousand SC1 Battle Droids. This also didn't include the various upkeep droids for cargo, maintenance, labor, and loader droids. Darkwater personnel, large behemoths of Herglic proportions would move into position to face any would be intruders.

Meanwhile, Danger Arceneau would be going through her intensive networking channels to find out just what in tarnation was going on. She'd contact [member="Marek Starchaser"] first, seeing as her Techno Union and Tionese Hegemony counterpart would know more about the Red Ravens themselves.

[ Mistah Starchaser.... seems like I got myself a bit of a problem. ] Smoke would flow from her crimson lips, shimmering blue in the holographic image Marek would see.

Oh she was irate, right there under that sweet sugary smile.

[ What do you know about the Red Ravens... and who is their leader?]

"The miners are on our side. Syndicate leadership struck a deal with them-- they're miners, not soldiers, and they don't want any trouble as long as they keep getting paychecks. We have a confederate on the ground, and the miners will give us tacit assistance. It's the domestic security forces and third party mercenaries we need to watch out for."

The plan was set in motion, the problem was that it was going to be a bloody difficult slough if there were any hitches at all in the execution. Once on the ground, they would have to execute a perfect Waltz of timing an communication with the rest of the task force. Of course, Isaac knew that a cool, calm head and decisive boldness were allies to victory and that panic and timidity would get you killed.

"Keep the droids. They'll stay on the ship."

Isaac looked down at his watch. "It's time."

Allies: Unknown
Foes: [member="Danger Arceneau"]
Objective: Seizure of mining mesa, elimination of resisting personnel

Oh Xalus knew this wasn't gonna be easy. Especially since he saw massive activity readings on his HUD. The beskar-clad mercenary pulled his swoop bike around a mountain of tan, dusty rockface. Assuming there was that much security and personnel in this entire facility - it was best to enter silently than gun-ablazing, even if you could regrow limbs within minutes. That being said, the operator had already entirely ruled out the possibility of a frontal assault in conjunction with grenade launchers, automatic weaponry, and explosives. He'd miss out on all of the fun stuff.

But to kill a snake, one needed to lop off the head first.

Adorned from head to toe in beskar'gam, the Gen'Dai activated the stealth device situated upon his utility belt. He wasn't entirely invisible but the sensor nodes and photoreceptors seated about his armor made him look that way. Xalus was need to move slowly as to not hamper the affects of this little gadget. Once it was activated he took a few steps forward and around the corner to the mining facility. It was peppered with hundreds upon hundreds of droids, uniformed personnel, and even some strange looking beasties.

Instantly, he was thankful for the sound dampener as well. Muffed footsteps and movement along with an almost literal invisibility cloak on. He'd make it to the head of the snake before it could even open its eyes.

Objective: Negotiate with the hutt's

Colap threw a credit chip on the table and kicked one of the only seats out from it, taking a seat and folding his hands. The merc operators continued to flank him, scanning the room for signs of threats. Colap flashed a menacing smile at Falkan the Hutt as he began to inflate. The hutt puffed up and wriggled his slimy tounge saying some hutsee gibberish Colap could not understand.

"His excellency Falkan the hutt reminds you that he is the lord of Makeb and to keep your manners. He says that the credits are welcome and the bounty on your head shall be lifted. What do you propose Colap Ticon of the Red Ravens."

"Now we're talkin'. Tell that slimeball I want complete control of Makeb industries. I have a contract right here."

Colap slid the datapad across the table with an armored hand and it hit the hutt's belly stopping.

"He will remain CEO but will answer to Ticon Defense Industries. In addition he can keep forty percent of all profits. No Isotope 5 may be sold without mine or Lysles express permission however."

The hutts began to argue amongst themselves, their booming voices rattling off the hallways.

Colap leaned back and set his feet on the table, crossing his legs and lighting a cigar. As the smoke plumed to the ceiling he looked at the Rodian again.

"Also tell him resistance is not an option. He will sign it, or he will die."

Objective: Dismantle stronghold defences, take control of the warehouses.

[member="Xalus"] [member="Cryax Bane"] @Whoever else is there.

Still no word. Lisa was beginning to grow impatient and her temperament sour. She longed for blood and the familiar pink mist of flesh exploding. For the report of the rifle and it's kick as she mowed down the enemy. From her position she could still get a clear shot on all the towers and figured that these must be the first to go.

Reckless and young she threw caution to the wind and took a knee, resting the rifle in her left hand in a c grip.

The cross-hairs centred on the first two guards in the tower. Her breath stopped and time slowed. Then the trigger squeezed ever so gently and

Pfft

The silenced slugthrower launched a high velocity .50 cal slug. It sailed the distance faster than one could blink and the resulting mist of the guards head being exploded whilst the slug expanded satisfied her enough. His comrade wretched in horror as he grabbed his face, trying to wipe off the blood an brain.

"Bring that ass here boy!" She muttered.

Then fired again blowing a steering wheel sized hole in the second guards chest. No one heard the shots or their screams, because they died so quickly.

"One down, three to go."

Another message went out over the Cryptnet

<<<LOCATION: STRONHOLD ONE, MINING MESA, ATTACK HAS BEGUN, REQUESTING AIR AND GROUND ASSETS. STANDBYE BY FOR SUPPORT BY FIRE AIR TO GROUND. COORDINATES TO FOLLOW..... //END MSG///.....EXECUTE DELETE PROTOCOL........>>

<<MSG NOT FOUND>>

Kara

K
Objective: Takeover of Makeb government.

While watching [member="Colap Ticon"] deal with the Hutts Kara had received a patch from Bane telling of @Jan VonFowl and the new cover being provided. After hearing this herself she informed Ticon about it before looking to the arguing Hutts.

Stepping into view she spoke to them in their language, saying <I suggest you take the offer now while you still can. All of you. I've been informed that many of your operations are already under fire. Including a number of fail-safe ops you thought hidden under files of junk data. You can thank Jugar for helping me to find that.> The Hutts all gave dirty looks to the Hutt Kara had managed to woo before she continued <If you fail to comply, I doubt Mr. Ticon will be as hospitable as I am in dispensing with warnings and punishments.> After that she looked to the rodian translator and said {I apologize for interupting your work, but I feel I am more capable of speaking for myself. Thank you.} She then looked to Ticon and finished with {I trust what I have said has ensured them to how serious the Red Ravens are. If not, I have suggested the use of your fire arms and can name a number of very painful areas on a Hutt's body to be wounded.}

Makeb
Xalus |

~~Meanwhile at the ATC mining facilities.

Alarms were blaring through klaxons. While ATC had some of the mines, it was also true that they also didn't have all of the mines on Makeb. Were one to stumble into the mining mesa and go left... would see the Archon's mines. Go right?

Those are Arceneau Trade's.

Woe to those who may have accidentally gone to the right.

Up in orbit, the two orbiting stations of ATC refueling and Trade would be sent into a state of alarm. The HALCYON Space Train/Skyhook Planetary Transportation System would be shut off, as security measures would be underway to secure the area. The Alchemist class, designed as a counter electronic warfare ship, it hosts a suite of advanced communication relays, jammers, and ECCM suites and capable of long range communications; those where what Danger was using to connect with [member="Marek Starchaser"].

The Monitor class ship would activate its Crystal Gravfield Trap making the ship capable of detecting even a cloaked vessel; much in the same way that Danger had the sensor packs ripped off of extra Monitor class ships to instal them in every ATC and SSB headquarters to prevent stealth ships or personnel from sneaking past.

Unfortunately, no such sensor pack was on the ground.

But there were plenty of SC1 droids patrolling security to bump into would be intruders.

Location: Bakura 2 space station with [member="Isaac Ideus"] and [member="Cryax Bane"]

She could only grin as she watched him yield the flamethrower. It seemed her training was rubbing off on him. It seemed though that wasn't needed nor was all of her training. Still she would go with them on the off chance that everything went south.

"Do you think we will have trouble getting to the Governor? I'm sure he has mounds of security." She knew that playing it cool didn't always exactly work out as planned. "You do have a plan for that right? When they find out exactly what we are up to."

Location: Planetside, a few miles away from the Makeb Westwater Settlements with [member="Isaac Ideus"] and [member="Anastasia Rade"]

The enormous rust-colored mesas of Makeb loomed in the distance as their small shuttle landed undetected on a small strip of land near the Westwater Settlements, and Cryax Bane, dressed in the jumpsuit of a mining technician, disembarked with battle-hardened Red Raven merc Isaac Ideus and Anastasia Rade.

"Operations Nightshrike" was in full swing and the Ravens would accept nothing less than full control of the mineral-rich planet. The Chiss gave the Mirari droids the order to stay put and flicked his comm on the CryptNet channel to see if he could find out other Raven positions and actions.

According to CryptNet chatter, there were Ravens mobilizing at Archon palace, and the Makeb Defense Department's computer networks were exposed thanks to Tahl Edrel's quick thinking R4 unit. He knew the worst was still yet to come but right now things were looking pretty good for the Ravens.

The YT1930 freighter lifted off from the port and moved away from the city, R4 scrambling the port's docking computers which would hinder escape for most people for at least a full day.

He made his way to the lower atmosphere and raised the coms "Anywhere we'll be needed? I'm happy to assist"

Location: Planetside, a few miles away from the Makeb Westwater Settlements with [member="Isaac Ideus"] and [member="Anastasia Rade"]

Time was of the essence in their operation, so Cryax flicked on his comm, responding quickly to [member="Tahl Edrel"] who along with his R4 slicer droid had just hit the Spaceport. With the computers inoperable, takeoffs and landings at the port would be hobbled.

"Tahl, we could probably use you at Stronghold One where you can rendevous with [member="Lisa Ticon"]. And tell that R4 unit I said, great work!"

Cryax grinned at Anastasia who had taken the shuttle down with them to the surface. He still had mixed feelings about Ana's involvement in the Red Ravens. The Mandolorian witch was battle-hardened and a definite asset to their strike teams. But she was also someone he deeply cared about, and he wanted her to come home to him in one piece.

"I think the plan is to not die?" He chuckled. She could see that he was nervous and as usual using humor to deflect his anxiety. He gave her a quick squeeze as they waited for Ideus to disembark.

R4 spinned his head around and chanted happily to the comment "hah I think he heard you friend! And you got it, I'm locked on to their position!"

The freighter swerved to the left and dove down, making it's way to [member="Lisa Ticon"]

[member="Cryax Bane"]

Allies: Unknown
Foes: [member="Danger Arceneau"]
Objective: Seizure of mining mesa, elimination of resisting personnel

Orders were orders, but Xalus didn't exactly plan on having to confront a corporation. In actuality, the Red Ravens had mainly just planned on seizing government-owned facilities and not disturbing the local economy of this world. The corporate logos that were borne into the torsos of these droids walking past him and big, flashy decals strewn across the buildings were something of an anomaly when compared to the government-ran mining facilities almost next door.

Xalus mentally shrugged. Mining plants were mining plants, didn't matter who they belonged to.

Veering past several droids who seemed intent on responding to something urgent, the mercenary neared the compound and waited near an entry way. Sooner or later, even more droids filed out and he slipped right on inside.

Objective: Dismantle stronghold defences, take control of the warehouses.

[member="Tahl Edrel"]

The guards were still oblivious to the fact that she had taken down one tower. Lisa knew it would only be a matter of time before Cartel henchmen figured out no one was there and went to check.

"Running outta time." She said to herself, centering the next shot. She braced and squeezed the trigger, putting twin slugs into the guards in tower two. The first exploded in half, but the second one was a mistake, and the wind pushed it off path, barely grazing the guards arm.

"Frak."

Suddenly the guard looked out trying to raise the alarm. Time slowed down as she reached out across three hundred meters of ground and used the force to trip him. He grabbed the side of the railing just as his mouth went open to scream.

Pffft

Smoke puffed from the end of her silencer and the round sailed true, right into the guards open mouth and exploding out of the back of his head. Another puff of red mist.

Finally she broke radio silence, picking the rifle up and pushing off from her crouch. With a dexterity unmatched she slug it over her back and climbed yet another pipe, hand over hand until she scurried up to a window. Her fist smashed the glass and she crawled in, setting up her new sniper location.

"Raven 6 here. Where the hell are those assets! I can't take this place alone!"

Location: Planet Side with [member="Isaac Ideus"] and [member="Cryax Bane"]

"I think the plan always is to not to die," she grinned at him as she squeezed his hand back. Ana knew he was nervous about this mission but she was sure that everything would go over swimmingly. She had confidence in the Ravens to successfully take control of the planet and she was here as muscle and to make sure they didn't end up captured or worse.

"If you want to get some practice in with that flamethrower later I can arrange that," she winked at him with a smile. Ana enjoyed showing him her wide collection of weapons and teaching him. Ana cared a great deep for the Chiss so she liked knowing he could defend himself. He showed her life was more than just her "toys" and war.

Dodging the arcing blade aimed at his neck, Daxton stepped into his opponent's guard and slammed both of his light sabers into the force user's torso. Air rushed out of foe's lungs as if he were a ruptured balloon, the look of disbelief and horror on his face as he fell to the ground. It amused Daxton that there will still those so eager to earn a reputation and credits that they would sell their reputation and dignity to do so. By the sword style, he estimated his last victim had some Jedi training, we'll clearly it wasn't enough. Although knowing the Jedi, the fool was probably expendable anyway.

Walking across the bridge as the doors of the palace slammed shut with a mighty groan. A single Hutt accompanied by a copper toned protocol droid were the only ones who blocked his path.

"Greetings oh red menace of our world, Gordahle bids you fine welcome...." The droid began to say when the Sith rudely interrupted, "I can speak Hutt."

Turning to the Hutt, clearly a lowly level flunky who was sent to his doom by his superiors, he caught the other beings eyes and was surprised when the slug did not flinch, despite the film of sweat covering the entire mass of its face.

"My name is Daxton Bane. What is your name Hutt?"

Taking a second to swallow when he realized who he was speaking to, the Hutt mentally composed a list of people he would never be able to get revenge on, before replying, "Gordahle, as the droid mentioned. I was sent to negotiate for terms so you would leave us alone."

Laughing menacingly, Daxton replied, "Negotiate? Fair enough. My terms are open the doors of the palace and have your men lay down their arms and surrender to me. In return, I will spare your lives and slay those directly for putting your lives in danger. Do we have a deal?"

The Hutt considered it for a whole three seconds before signaling for the gates to be opened.....

[member="Tahl Edrel"]

"Assets have arrived Raven 6. I'm landing on the main platform in 5. The noise will cover your chots so you can take out as many as you please!" He laughed, the YT1930 flying overhead And roaring loudly with it's engines, providing perfect cover for quick sniper fire

[member="Lisa Ticon"]

Location: In orbit with [member="Anastasia Rade"] and [member="Cryax Bane"] --> outside the mining mesa, in a miner settlement

"The plan is definitely to not die" Isaac joked. It would just be the three of them for the majority of the mission, and they couldn't afford to lose anybody.

"Our shuttle is near. It's a supply ship with proper landing codes and a friendly crew. We'll sneak onto the planet inside the ship, and then we'll meet up with our ally on the ground." Isaac went through a mental checklist for the last time and then led the pair to their ride down to the planet.

-------------------------------------

The supply shuttle hummed as it was softly put down. The cargo doors hissed open and the light of the Makeb dawn crept in. A mining employee walked up to the loading rampe and shined a flashlight into the cargo hold, flashing the light on and off four times. Isaac turned to Cryax and Anastasia-- "That's our signal. Let's move out." The trio exited the shuttle and the mining employee extended a hand to Isaac. "You're late. I'll take you down through the tunnels to the point closest to the Governor's Estate. There shouldn't be many guards, just put your weapons away and act naturally" the employee told him. Isaac looked back to Cryax and Anastasia and nodded his head in the direction that their confederate was walking.

The daily mining operations had just begun, though the trio was being led through a little-used tunnel. Though the distance to cover was considerable, they were sped along by a small cart which was typically used to transport the operations foreman to and fro. "I'll get you past this last security checkpoint. The guards are okay, they're only interested in making sure none of our precious materials leave the site. After that, you're on your own." True to his word, they breezed by the final security checkpoint before the cart came to a halt near the exit of this tunnel. It was a large chain-link fence that led to a small corridor, where one could see daylight breaking in past the darkness and artificial lighting of the underground space. The employee turned to Isaac and and pointed back towards the exit. "You'll have to sneak past the the guard to exit, or else you'd end up on the manifest-- and you're not expected to be on the manifest. Shouldn't be too hard. He's usually holed up in his guard post watching pod races. God speed."

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
He knew the situation was beginning to happen on Makeb. What he didn’t know was what the Ravens were exactly doing. Starchaser had began to establish the zoo-resort on the world. And as such, he was paying attention. Seemed to him, that a government change wouldn’t hurt his interests too much. But the big thing was who else was over there.

And that was [member="Danger Arceneau"]. One of his cloest business partners and definitely someone who filled out his knowledge base. Getting the message he nodded. “Red Ravens… I’m knowing there is a Lysle of the Hydian Way, as he calls himself. And a Sigourney…” Wow, what was her name? Scrolling through his recent meetings he found it. “Sigourney Xanthius. They should be listening to business, they seem like our kinds of people.” Super important, right there.
“What can I do to assist?”

Makeb
[member="Marek Starchaser"]

"Get me in contact with them, I've operations here that I would like to keep running smoothly," smoke would stream from her lips as she would flick more ash into a tray. Oh she wasn't happy.

"Tell me more about this Lysle... and Miz.. Xanthius. What do I need to know to make sure me and mine be left be?" Alarms and more beeps would come upon her holoscreen, giving her more information on what was going on on Makeb. Word of the Archon's palace and something about miner's revolting.

Figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom