Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Major Faction Owners Will Now Be Consulted On Bans

I'm testing the waters with this one. We've unofficially done this in the past, we'll be officially doing it in the future.

This is the answer to "will we be publicly announcing bans". The answer is no, have your fun drama conspiracy groups, I don't care about the PR, if you're that invested you can just leave. But we can help curb it, a little, by reaching out to MFOs and keeping them informed while also weighing their input.

What Already Happens:
1. Major Faction Owners, volunteer selected positions confirmed by the Admin team, are already alerted of permabans via Discord.
2. Major Faction Owners are sometimes consulted about the bans.

What Will Change:
1. Major Faction Owners will be given the option to "opt in" to the ban discussion, post-Admin discussion. This will allow them visibility of everything the Admins have, in the event of a permanent ban, and may weigh in on the discussion of whether the member should be permabanned or not. This will likely take place post-ban decision by the Admins.

2. There have been several cases in the past when a single MFO can help overturn a ban, upon consultation with the Admin team. These are the "backroom" discussions that inevitably happen. If the offense wasn't so egregious that a player might possibly be able to return, sometimes a helpful MFO stepping in to vouch for a player is a viable option when all that is left to the Admins is to exile.

What Will Not Change:
1. MFO's will not be brought into ban discussions in which they are deemed "conflicted." Being conflicted can mean a thousand different things in this situation and is left to Head Admin (Valiens and myself) discretion. A good example of this is when the MFO is the target of the ban, or is known to be super buddy buddy with the person being banned and is just trying to flex.

2. MFO's being brought in can be broached by a simple request, which is now their right to do, but not all requests will be fulfilled due to issues regarding sensitivity concerns. ie, if the offense was so egregious/offensive that the Admin team would rather shield it from the community, the Head Admins can make that decision.

What does this allow?

Mostly, it paves the way for the question to be asked. Hey, can we be in on the discussion. Can we see what you're seeing. Can we know what you know.

For the general population, the answer is no. For the MFO's, I'm saying it's your right to ask that question - and it's very possible we might give you the answer. Treat this responsibly, though, MFOs. If I start seeing the grapevine spreading ban drama for the purpose of just spreading more gossip, I will rescind this announcement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom