Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Major Faction Mergers

Melia Siari

M
The name is on the tins, pals, but I understand the history the site has with this so I'll add some caveats staff could take to make sure this isn't a last-bid effort for a faction to survive a recall by giving its cloud to another faction.
  • Taking the concept of diplomacy threads, two major factions would simply add whatever amount of posts staff feels is necessary for however many hexes a planet is trying to give to the other major faction.
  • The resulting merged faction would be the sum of parts of their original wholes - or, in less ambiguous wording, a percentage of the total combined cloud of both factions (so maybe faction A remains in its entirety, but only 75% of the other faction is added to the new faction's cloud).
  • The merging major factions will need to have passed the last 3 activity checks by staff, and subject themselves to an activity check (if one hasn't happened recently) to ensure it isn't because one of the factions hemorrhaged members and is trying to just stay on the map in some way. If they cannot pass these activity checks they cannot merge.
  • Factions can only submit a request for merger once every 6 months, starting 6 months after becoming a major faction. This prevents flash in the pan factions from just merging into nearby larger factions.

718736986919272538.png

I can't say this is really necessary. Why would any major faction that can pass all these things gain from merging? It seems almost like an unnecessary thing for staff to have to do when 9 times out of 10 a major faction that's doing well enough will probably not merge, specially when diplomatically they can just ally and share with other nearby factions. I mean didn't the Grayson Imperium and the new Republic just merge essentially? Or something very similar?

I also remember that this was removed with good reason to, but I can not remember what that reason was.

Like who right now on the map is going to merge with another? I highly doubt anyone one of the major factions on the map currently are even thinking about a merger when majority of not all of them are...well...they're well off right now. Everyone seems to be doing decent enough and what not.

I simply can't imagine this being a necessary thing needed at this moment.

The merger process between the Grayson Imperium and High Republic took a lot longer than it should have, which spawned me suggesting a Federation Builders Faction Mandate to make the process of faction merging easier. From the scuttlebutt around the site, I get why mergers were peeled back to the point of insanity - but the current system we have is basically useless for anything outside of single hex trades.

Unless you wanted to game the system and do a mass concession of invasions.

Perhaps if we took the proposed system and utilized the current faction mandate system - we could achieve a happy medium. Where for 60 days, the two merging factions do X amount of posts in a diplomacy thread, and the receiving faction gains a percentage of the merging faction's territory.

Melia Siari

M
The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner
The Greyson Imperium and the Republic did a series of threads to manually transfer one hex at a time, and did not even complete doing that. This suggestion is something that the actual faction owner for the Galactic Alliance (the result of that merger) is on board with (maybe not the exact specifics, because I was overcompensating for staff rejection that I felt was coming).

Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris it'll take me a bit to get a rule set and template done, but I'll get one to you as soon as is reasonably possible.

Melia Siari

While that makes sense, when was the last time a merger was done before GI and GA did that? Or at least attempted or suggested? As it stands, I cant see the OPA or whatever they are now, SJO, GA, TSE, BRYN, CONF, EE, NIO, AoC doing this and that makes a large chunk of the Major Factions already.

This is my opinion and I speak for none of these factions, just to throw that out there.

Melia Siari

M
Melia Siari

While that makes sense, when was the last time a merger was done before GI and GA did that? Or at least attempted or suggested? As it stands, I cant see the OPA or whatever they are now, SJO, GA, TSE, BRYN, CONF, EE, NIO, AoC doing this and that makes a large chunk of the Major Factions already.

This is my opinion and I speak for none of these factions, just to throw that out there.
The Silver Jedi Order is a product of mergers, several in fact. The Sith Empire is also a product of mergers.

As the current faction owner of the Sith Empire, I wouldn't rule out a hypothetical second Sith faction coming along and doing things better than me/the Sith Empire and merging with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom