Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion New Faction Mandate

While I understand that this probably won’t go anywhere, I thought this suggestion would be an interesting addition to consider. When it comes to the map game, it’s heavily geared towards warmongering factions, leaving little room for the more… diplomatic lot to accurately represent themselves.

Yes, we have the diplomacy threads where two major factions can exchange territory one hex at a time. Why not shake things up in a bid to not only make faction merges easier, but also create a diplomatic way to assimilate another faction?

Yes, I also understand that you can tailor an Invasion thread in whatever manner you see fit. However, I believe that the perception factor should be taken into account - as a pacifist faction ideally shouldn't be launching “Invasions.” You can spin it however you’d like, at the end of the day people are only going to see the prefix tag and judge the thread accordingly.

So, in a similar manner to what Contagious Assault has done for Invasions - I’d like to propose the following in an attempt to add another interesting layer to Diplomacy threads.

Federation Builder
  • Strength: When this Faction launches a Diplomacy thread, it may select an additional and adjacent Hex to be claimed at the thread’s conclusion and approval.
  • Weakness: This Faction cannot post Invasion declarations or threads while this Mandate is active, and cannot instigate a Rebellion against another Major Faction via Dominions.

Naturally, this is a work in progress and will likely change - if at all - but there it is.

Last edited:
LT-137 LT-137 I like the idea, but not sure I understand what you mean by cannot instigate a Rebellion against another Major Faction via Dominions. Majors can't rebel anyway, so would instigating rebellions mean do enough doms to let other minors be able to do so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom