Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Magnificent, arn't they?

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
gix37kiwlo351.png

[Background Music]

Location: Timona Station, somewhere deep within the Outer Rim

For years, they had laboured. Aboard this station, due to the work of the Kaminoan cloners stationed there, genetic perfection had once again been achieved. A creation to replicate one of the greatest works the Kaminoans had ever conceived. The genetic legacy of Jango Fett revived after all this time. Taa Nul, the chief cloner aboard Timona Station, quietly gazed out at the vast cloning pod chamber through one of the glass walled corridors crossing it, a look of utter pride on his face as he admired the mastery of what he had wrought. All of his efforts had finally paid off, and his magnificent creations would soon enough be sent out to fight and make galactic history once again.

If Master Oda's prediction was correct, the apprentice he spoke of would soon find his way here to find out what his master had ordered all those years ago. It would be any day now, Taa thought to himself. And soon enough, his patience all these years would be rewarded. One of his Kaminoan colleagues approached him. "Sir. I've excellent news. We've detected a Silver Jedi vessel coming out of hyperspace at the edge of the system. Has the day finally come?", his fellow cloner inquired.

Taa gently nodded. "Indeed. Transmit clearance codes and allow him to land in Hangar Bay 1. Gather a regiment of the Clones and have them waiting for him in parade formation. A day such as this deserves some showmanship, wouldn't you say?", he said, with a slight smirk.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Jairdain Jairdain , Aayla Shan Aayla Shan , Crosten Feyn Crosten Feyn , Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause , Elijah King Elijah King , Taa Nul Taa Nul

"Sometimes I wonder how the hell I get in these situations?" Jax sighed talking to no one in particular. There he was sharing a passionate night with Jairdain in his small apartment. It was around 3 o clock in the morning when the door knocked and Jax found a mysterious package of unknown origin. Jair didn't sense anything and when Jax opened it, a holoprojector of a Kaminoan appeared saying to Jax that his army of Clone Troopers especially the elite units are ready. Jax was confused telling Jair that he no idea about this Clone Army, he thought that cloning for the most part was frowned upon given the last time a prominent Clone Army was made. Still Jair and Jax presented these findings to the Trimuvivate who told them to go investigate this clone army.

While Jaridain gathered other negotiators, Jax looked to his close friends and bought them with him. He was obviously suspicious about this whole ordeal and wanted to know who the frack placed his name to order a Clone Army? Given if this information leaked to the NJO, Jax would've been persona non grata given the relationship between the clones and the Jedi. "Either way I did not order a clone army," Jax announced to the group. "Jair knows that I can barely pay cable now and days given that I haven't been on a mission for a while. This seems to be years in the making and I don't who would slap my name on this but all I ask is that you all stay on guard for this."

Traumatized Carrier-Loving Mess
{Commodore Kathause Standing By}
{Approaching Timona Station - Silver Jedi transport}
{On Detachment from the Galactic Alliance}
{Relevancy List: Jax Thio Jax Thio , Taa Nul Taa Nul , And everyone else}

It was peculiar, to say the least. Engines rumbled through moderate-strength hull plating, a low unsteady note resonating across and reaching her ears.

Slowly, they closed in on Timona Station, where a supposed clone army stood ready to be collected. At least they were the only ones to find out, she told herself. Hopefully they could keep it that way for the time being.

Suspicious murmurs had mixed themselves with the rumbling, originating from the others that Jax had brought with him. Liedran began to pace about the cockpit, left hand curled around the bright blue gem sitting at the bottom of a black-beaded necklace. She travelled three steps forward, stopped for a brief moment, and continued another three steps, before flipping her course about and resuming the pattern. It had been a coping mechanism as long as she could remember, from carpeted flooring on Chandrila to the spartan walkways of her flagship.

A sector away, her fleet lay in wait, ready to jump in at the first sign of trouble; while the commodore herself was reduced to diplomatic duty.

"Either way I did not order a clone army," Jax announced to the group. "Jair knows that I can barely pay cable now and days given that I haven't been on a mission for a while. This seems to be years in the making and I don't who would slap my name on this but all I ask is that you all stay on guard for this."

"I was on guard the moment we jumped in," Liedran stopped in her tracks, now staring straight down the door into the room where the others gathered, "Should be landing in a minute or so."

. . .
The floor shot upward by a matter of centimeters, before returning to a state of normality. A loud hiss made it to her ears as the airlock began to depressurize, and the landing gear settled in. Liedran let go of the jewel, and brought both hands to interlace behind her. Then she set off, a brisk uninterrupted walk only stopping at the edge of the ramp while the commodore examining the hanger bay. She was the first to touch the floor, accompanied by the two Alliance marines she had brought with her. A step to the right saw her correcting a disrupted balance, before coming to a full halt.

"By the gods..."

"I sure don't know either, but I'm starting to sense a pattern with you and crazy situations" he remarked, lips slightly curled into a half smirk. A jesting comment, after all Crosten had jumped at the chance to go on yet another trip. By now, knowing Jax, he expected things would be interesting and he was not disappointed. It was a good question though; he hadn't any idea how the jedi kept getting in such situations. Clones; and not just one or two, an whole army of them. He was seasoned enough and had seen plenty to convince him the galaxy was a deceptively strange place; but despite all he had seen it had a way of just getting stranger.

And all ordered for Jax, apparently. He sure didn't seem very comfortable with the idea, which Crosten considered fitting. Who would go and amass an army and just hand it over? Particularly to one who clearly wasn't the sort of person who could afford an army. If you asked Crosten, he'd say it was some sort of a scam. Wise caution that Jax shared, having made sure to surround himself with allies and friends before departing to find out the answer.

"Yeah, I'm got my guard up high. This don't seem right, handing you an army for nothing. Something's gotta be at work." he remarked, looking to Jax as he confirmed a mental checklist with pats to his pockets, pouches and holster.

"Whatever it is, I've made myself ready for it."

tpuAKtr.gif

She had spent most of the day getting her face put back together, not to mention recuperating after the battle on Charros IV; finally she had returned to semblance of normalcy, having turned away from the group for most of the trip, feeling as though they were staring at her face. The scars were new to her, but also they were a humbling reminder that she wasn't a superhero. She could die just the same as anyone else in the room. It was on her mind heavily, but she also wasn't so clouded that her mind wasn't on the now either. Her face still slick from Bacta, she listened as Jax reiterated his point of not ordering the Clone Army, turning finally and watching as the flooring made its light jarring motion.

That wasn't cool...

As they prepared to disembark, Aayla would simply say what she was surprised no one else had.

"As long as they don't expect you to pay for it, and there are no strings attached... I think everyone here can agree a Clone Army couldn't hurt at the moment... That is if we all indeed came from the same place"

She said loud enough to be heard by them all, Not wanting to sound somber but... Well, Chit all, she wasn't wrong. They had all just been there. And she wasn't even childish enough to pull the whole you guys were fighting comfortable from above shtick. Whether in space, in air, or on ground; each of them had proper learned of what was coming, what had just kicked their butts right out of Charros...

Her perspective held merit.

In any case, she would follow; letting the brass take the lead, and keeping her distance in the back. Better to be able to react to anything unscrupulous if she could see the whole picture... Not to mention, she just wanted a moment to think about her first time in a warzone.

2FS8YbB.png

When there was a sudden knocking on his door, Jairdain immediately went into stealth. It wasn't that she couldn't be here or anything, but she had no desire for some stranger to see her naked again. That had happened when she and Jax had met. Nothing she wanted to do again so soon. Luckily the visitation only lasted a short time and he returned with a mysterious package.

Attempting to get a read on it through the Force, she sensed nothing wrong with it. Listening to the message it contained, she was just as confused as Jax was and her face would show this. The next day, they were assigned to investigate this together.

She did not contact anybody else to go with her as she spoke for the Silver Jedi and felt she could do this alone. Or relatively alone. Being with Jax would be enough. Eventually, a small group was assembled by her partner and they now traveled together to Kamino.

All the people, except Jax, were new to her. Jairdain probably should have introduced herself but actually decided to remain more in the shadows. Given her position within the Silvers, she should have stuck her head out more. This was rather new to her and she was still growing into her position.

Watching everybody through the Force, the Jedi Master carried herself with dignity that fit the rank she was. As the few people gathered and chatted, she listened to all of them. Noticing another was also keeping to the shadows, she wondered why.

Approaching the Jedi and she could tell that's what she was. Sending out the sense of comfort, she stood near to Aayla. She could sense something was disturbing the young woman. Keeping silent for now, she did listen to the whole conversation before giving her own thoughts.

"Quite often I'm the one stuck paying his bills. That's beside the point though. We know something like this has happened way in the past. Close to a millennium now. So we have to be careful that nothing like that is planned again. A coup of the Jedi and Alliance, I mean.

"Now that being said, I want to go in with an open mind. Let's not be blind."

Saying this with a touch of humor since she was physically blind, the Master showed to all that she had one. Having been accused of not being fun before, she indicated she could be. At the moment, it seemed they were all on the same page and lined up to exit the ship.

Jax Thio Jax Thio Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Crosten Feyn Crosten Feyn Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause Taa Nul Taa Nul

History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes

~ Mark Twain

It was an interesting development with Kamino, to say the least. At their lowest moment, the Silver Jedi now had a whole army of clones practically giftwrapped for them. And yet, no one could could figure out who made the original order. Deployment of clone soldiers had become a controversial topic. Long ago, when the Silver Jedi had Clone legions, they had eventually been disbanded for ethical concerns, shifting to volunteers and war droids.

Really, under normal circumstances, no one would even consider using them again, but these were not normal times. In a multi-front war against Bryn'adul and Sith, the Concord was on its back leg. The Sith could be defeated, but there had been little such luck against the Bryn. They needed something more...perhaps the Clones could be that something. Untethered to the dogma of the Jedi Code like his counterparts, the Admiral was open to many alternatives at this point.

Beyond the moral debate though, there was the issue of compensation. He doubted the Kaminoians had raised an army out of the kindness of their hearts. Nobody around him seemed keen on monetary compensation, so what else could they expect in return?

Touchdown imminent, the Silver delegation would find out soon enough.

Taa Nul Taa Nul Jax Thio Jax Thio Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Crosten Feyn Crosten Feyn Jairdain Jairdain Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom