Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech M128 "Tread-Kriffer" Light Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher (LRPG) (CIS ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confederate Dauntless Colonel
aPeZx8M.png

x8XcNF.gif

• Intent: A mass-produced lightweight infantry anti-tank weapon
  • Image Source: M72 LAW
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: RPG-7, M72 LAW
x8XAzb.gif

• Manufacturer: Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Model: M128 LRPG
  • Modularity: Iron sights can be swapped for more complicated sights
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Lightweight steel and rocket components
x8XNoN.gif

• Classification: Light Hand-held Anti-tank Rocket Launcher
  • Weight: 2.5 KG
  • Size: Small
  • Ammunition Type:
    • Frag Missile - Frag Missiles are missiles packed with high explosive, and after detonating, saturating the area with lethal metal shrapnel. Despite the fact that it is intended to be used against exposed infantry, they can be used with reasonable effectiveness against light vehicle targets or heavily armored infantry.
    • AT Missile - AT Missiles are primarily intended to serve as anti-vehicle weapons, and contain an extremely powerful HEAT charge. When it detonates, it forces a solid lance of metal that can penetrate large amounts of armor. It has a minimal blast radius, though. It can be used well against fortified emplacement as well, able to break ferrocrete walls down.
    • HE Missile - HE Missiles are solely fitted with a extermely powerful high-explosive charge, designed to break up light fortifications, disable light vehicles, and target exposed and open infantry.
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Small One shot per missile
  • Effective Range: Average Effective Range: 330m Max range: 1000m
  • Rate of Fire: None
  • Stopping Power: Extreme
  • Recoil: None
x8Xhl6.gif

• Easy to use: The weapon is extremely easy to use. The sights are simple and modular. Targeting and firing are easy. One only needs about an hour's training to be decently effective. This makes it a great weapon to equip militiamen or be used as a training apparatus for more elite troops.
  • Simple and reliable: The weapon is basically a tube with an electric firing mechanism. This makes it extremely easy to manufacture on a massive scale. It is also extremely cheap to make. It's simplicity also compliments its reliability. It can be dragged through the mud and beaten with an iron rod yet it'll still function correctly. As long as one keeps the tube clean and straight, it can fire its payload.
  • Killing power: Due to using a HEAT round for the AT rocket, no matter how long the range is, it will always have the same killing power. Impact power does not matter.
  • Light and small: It's light and small and can be carried by a single infantryman with much ease. This makes it a good weapon to be used by light or airborne infantry. The fact that it can be telescoped means that it is even possible to hide the launcher, with the payload still inside, within a large duffel bag or baggy enough clothes.

x8X6Mp.gif

• Limited range: Unlike, dedicated anti-tank platforms, it lacks long-distance killing power. The rocket launcher only has an effective range of about 330m and beyond that, it is widely inaccurate and unpredictable. After 1000m, it's the absolute maximum range, the rocket self-destructs.
  • Backblast: Like many conventional infantry anti-tank launchers, it has a backblast, where hot gases are expelled when the rocket or rifle is discharged. The backblast area is dangerous to ground personnel, who may be burned by the gases or exposed to overpressure caused by the explosion. In confined spaces, common in urban warfare, even the operators themselves may be at risk due to deflection of backblast by walls or sturdier civilian vehicles behind them. It is recommended to have at least 2 meters for a safe area though, in great emergencies, a meter safety distance will prevent major injuries.
  • Blast: When the launcher fires, the powder booster charge creates a cloud of light grey-blue smoke that can give away the position of the gunner. It is advised that gunners rapidly change positions after firing to avoid retaliatory fire.

x8Xqme.gif

The M128 LRPG is a 66m is a reusable and durable anti-tank shoulder-mounted launcher. It's durability, simplicity, and effectiveness makes it a prime weapon for mass-production and use by the Confederacy. The weapon was created when CIS high command in conjunction with Dauntless command decided that their units needed a reliable, effective, and yet mass-produced anti-tank weapon. Emplaced weapons were deemed to be too unwieldy to be used during mobile warfare and that the common combat squad needed tank-killing abilities if they were to face down the foes of the CIS.

The weapon consists of an RPG within a launcher consisting of two tubes, one inside the other. The two metal stamped parts can be telescoped out and in, reducing its size. The outer tube protects the inner tube, holds the iron sights, and elongates the barrel for accuracy. The inner tube contains both the rocket-propelled grenade and the firing charge. The grenade itself is a HEAT round capable of penetrating over 500m of steel. Though there are other variants that be launched as well. The grenade is launched by a booster charge that clears it from the launcher. However, in firing, it creates a dust cloud and a bright flash that could give away the position. After that, the rocket motor kicks in and can carry the grenade up to 900m, though 330m is its effective range. Once in flight, fins extended to stabilize the grenade and ensure that the tip hits straight. After that is has a range of about 1000m. It has a fuze that dictates at what distance does the rocket self destruct, often set at about 900m.

During combat tests is has been rated well by testers to be easy to use and understand, though the range leaves something to be desired. It was seen to be extremely good at knocking out a tank's systems, be it the sensors or barrels of the guns. It was great at knocking out tank treads, giving it the nickname "Tread-kriffer." It was rated to be extremely good at knocking out fortified emplacements and destroying entrenched infantry. The sight can be changed from simple iron sights complicated night sensors. Its small size, lightweight, and reliability make it the preferred weapon for light infantry, paratroopers, and infiltrators.

Easy to mass produce, easy to use, easy to maintain and easy to kill with. Despite its simplicity, it is no joke and punches above its belt. It is a lethal weapon that strikes fear into the hearts of tankmen for it could be anywhere, around that street corner, hidden in that shrub, or that man in the crowd.

Last edited:

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Anakwor Farlorn Anakwor Farlorn

You seem to be missing sections of this template. You should be aware that all fields need to be present. Please can you add them now.

• Manufacturer: Confederacy of Independent Systems
  • Affiliation: Confederacy of Independent Systems
Please can also you hyperlink the faction group page where indicated.

Unfortunately, we now move on to the plagiarized section of the submission.
  • Frag Missile - Frag Missiles are designed to explode on impact with any surface, raking the immediate area with lethal shrapnel composed of aerodynamic metallic shards. Though Frag Missiles are primarily intended to be used as anti-infantry weapons, they can also be deployed effectively against light vehicles. Frag Missiles are often ineffective against heavily armored infantry.
  • AT Missile - AT Missiles are primarily intended to serve as anti-vehicle weapons, and contain a high-strength shaped charge with a relatively small blast radius, but causes massive damage to anything it hits with minimal collateral damage. AT Missiles are also very effective against heavily armored infantry, bunkers and other armored or fortified static targets where their concentrated explosives will often punch holes straight through armor. However, an AT Missile's small blast radius makes them impractical for use against most infantry and moving targets.
  • HE Missile - HE Missiles are outfitted with powerful high explosives and are very effective at breaking up entrenched enemy fortifications and exposed formations.
Highlighted text ripped from here.
The M128 LRPG is a 66m reusable, unguided, infantry anti-tank rocket-propelled grenade launcher. The ruggedness, simplicity, low cost, and effectiveness of the launcher makes it a prime weapon for mass-production and use by the Confederacy.
The weapon consists of an RPG within a launcher consisting of two tubes, one inside the other. While closed, the outer tube serves as a watertight container for the rocket and the firing mechanism that activates the rocket. The outer tube contains the trigger, the arming handle, the iron sights, and the rear dust cover. The inner tube contains the firing mechanism for the launcher.
The grenade is launched by a booster charge and creating a cloud of light grey-blue smoke that could possibly give away the position of the gunner. After that, the rocket motor kicks in and can carry the grenade up to 900m, though 330m is its effective range. The grenade is stabilized by a set of fins that deploy in-flight. After that is has a range of about 1000m. It has a fuze that dictates at what distance does the rocket self destruct, often set at about 900m.
Highlighted text ripped from here. I suspect there might be more sections, but you get the idea.

As you seem to enjoy copy paste, please allow me to indulge you by pasting the following rule violations the above constitutes. First we have the General Rule violation.
14. Plagiarism is prohibited.
And now the more specific Factory Rule
  • Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Small excerpts may be included from other sources in a sub, but they must include a credit, link, and be clearly marked.
I'm willing to let this slide and chalk this up to new member oversight, but this is your one and only warning. Next time you will be banned for a minimum of 30 days from both Codex and Factory.

Rewrite these sections (and any I miss), amend the other issues highlighted above and then tag me when you've finished.

Confederate Dauntless Colonel
Runi Verin Runi Verin

I sincerely apologize for my gross breach of the rules. In the case of the missile ammunition type, I had put there that as a placeholder that I could edit later and completely forgot about it. As for the rest, I had thought they were simple enough that they were not plagiarism. For example, the fin deploying part, I thought was broad enough that I could implement it. Another would have been the "creating a cloud of light grey-blue smoke that could possibly give away the position of the" was also simple enough. Though now reading it, I can clearly see that I am in the wrong and should have had the entire thing OC and OG. I will now say that I was completely aware of the plagiarism rule but again had assumed that the sections were too small to be fully accounted as actual plagiarism. And to be honest, I do think that some part of me was fully aware of what I was doing and I am disgusted at myself for that.

Being a new member here for me is no excuse. I had familiarised myself with the rules before I even moved onto this site. The only excuse that being a new member would entail would be to lack the knowledge of site cultures. It is the expectations of any new members to know the rules before they enter a community like this. Especially, a community as dedicated and as large as this. You only survive because of rules that filter the malcontents and incompetents and the mods that purge any that slip through the gap.

This is not the only post where I have made this great infraction of the rules. I will now say that at least one or two sentences of these two highlighted posts have been taken straight from other sources. Currently, they have not been judged yet and if it is possible, I wish to correct those mistakes before they are judged, though I do suspect they already have been.

And therefore, for what I have done, I am ready to accept any judgement that the mods give upon me.

If you and the mods decide that what I have done does not fit expectations, I will without fuss, leave this site permanently. If it does comes to such a situation, I only ask the mods that they allow me to give my goodbyes to members that I have interacted with. Though, I will understand if you wish the termination of my account to be rapid and swift.

Once more I truly apologize for what I have done do this community. I do not expect leniency even to one with a member youth such as me. I would have and have done the same thing.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
Anakwor Farlorn Anakwor Farlorn

As the edits have been made, I am going to approve this and not press the issue further here than I need to. You've been warned, so you currently have my disappointment. Repeat this same mistake twice and you'll see how that differs from my anger. More so because you clearly can produce a solid submission without resorting to plagiarism.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom