Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Someone out here sealed it up." Judd turned, glancing around at the empty hall around them. That meant somebody could still be around, on their side of the door. Probably hiding in a cupboard somewhere. Or lying in wait for the pirates to get sloppy.

Levi asked if the Dowutin had anything for a sealed door. Judd only set his jaw. "No, I don't have any breaching equipment. We ain't exactly rolling in dough at the moment. Unless you think a laser scalpel can cut through this." It couldn't.

Could try the ventilation system.

A grunt of affirmation was the only response, as Judd turned, blaster still gripped loosely at his side. That was their best bet. Otherwise, it would be good to have a backup plan. "Maybe they have a plasma cutter around here. I'll poke around if you two find a vent, see what I can find."

- Levi Levi - Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok -

"That would take a bit longer than we've got time for," Levi chimed. Jacen was willing to tag along, and suggested the vents. The captain agreed. "Keep your eyes peeled, Judd. For tools or culprits." The dowutin could handle himself, but with the door sealed up from out here, it meant they weren't alone. For all they knew, said culprit was just waiting for a chance to strike.

"Alright, let's be off," Levi walked further back down the hall to where the nearest vent grate was located. He reached up and pulled the latch open, examining the interior. His lips twisted, "You go in first, Jacen. You're smaller than me." It might've sounded like a poor excuse to avoid the frontline, but it was genuine. If Levi got stuck, they'd both have nowhere to go. With Jacen going first, at least one of them would decidedly make it through. Besides, Levi wasn't planning on just giving up from the get-go. "Just a precaution."

"Someone out here sealed it up."

"Oh." Did that mean they had to worry about someone lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike while their guard was down?

While Judd went in search of a plasma cutter, Jacen and Levi found the nearest vent grate. As the smaller of the two, Jacen would have to go first—a position the boy did not relish. Despite his predatory nature, walking right into the spider's lair wasn't ideal. But they had little choice.

"Just a precaution."

"Yeah, yeah," Jacen muttered, crouching down to peer inside the vent. Nothing suspicious. He began to crawl inside, trying not to make too much noise. Dust assailed his nose. He began to feel a creeping urge to sneeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom