Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luki Vihm

307px-Codru-Ji_female_LECG.jpg
faces,beautiful,girl,drawing,face,graphic-77d15b5464269ed524575053539918e7_h.jpg

(See: Left Image for Physiology, Right for Face / Hair. Hard to find Four-Armed model photography outside Wookieepeidia, yo.)

Name: Luki Vihm (phonetically: "Loo-Key Veem")

Faction: Jedi

Species: Codru-Ji

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 110lbs

Eyes: Emerald Green

Hair: Black, Shoulder-length, usually well-kempt and rather dressy, in either curls or carefully straightened.

Skin: Porcelain White - exceptionally fair-skinned.

Force Sensitive: Yes

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Strengths and Weaknesses:

Strengths:

Multi-Tasking Ambidextrous - With four arms and a proclivity for juggling multiple duties at once, Luki is rather gifted at any task, menial or important, that would benefit from an additional set of ten fingers and the mind for priority-management. While she has not yet mastered any forms of weapon-wielding for this (opting instead for using her main hand for wielding her saber for practicality, until better trained), she is capable of putting her hands to bizarre and rather crafty uses.

Witty Rhetoric, Clever Problem-Solving - Highly intelligent and with a wit to match her sharp tongue, she is rarely if ever without a comeback or a retort, and can usually out-think peers both friend and foe when physical strength cannot avail her. A defense mechanism for her rather small frame and comparatively weak physique, Luki learned from a young age that wit is an effective barrier against verbal bullying, and fast-thinking often a necessity in life-and-death situations.

Apt Duelist - While she still has much to learn and far to strive in terms of combat, Luki has proven herself a highly capable practitioner of Form III: Soresu, having already passed the Padawan tests of Shii-Cho. While this makes her nearly purely a defensive strategist, it matches her personality and skill-set well. Her training sessions involve as much practice in the battle of wits and they do the clash of sabers, and she utilizes the passive dueling of Soresu, which emphasizes defense rather than attack, to open up opportunities for dialogue and mind-games.

Meditative - Thoughtful through inner peace, quiet, and solitude and beginning to peer into the greater possibilities of what it might offer through the force, Luki has proven a quick learner and a patient practitioner of Jedi meditation. While years of practice and perfecting lie ahead of her, she hopes to one day attain the level of proficiency in the skill of Battle Meditation. For now, however, her skill in meditation has lent itself only to boosting her abilities of telepathy and allowed her better foresight and coordination.

Weaknesses:

Physically Unimposing - Despite an athletic disposition and much skill, at 5'4", Luki is in no danger of threatening anyone by her physical presence alone, and without the assistance of the force, can be overpowered quite readily. While her skill with a lightsaber and careful discipline do temper her vulnerability in this matter, an equally skilled force-user would almost certainly have the upper hand when it comes to raw strength. As well, while she can lift a certain amount of weight with the assistance of the force, she can't lift much more than her own body weight with her muscles alone.

Naive Disposition - The "Killer Instinct" is absent in her, and she has trouble bringing herself to even the notion of doing harm. While this biases her quite rigidly to the Light Side of the Force, it also makes her an inadequate guardian of the Jedi way in many respects, and is a fear she has oft been pushed to conquer by her peers and guides alike. She is also rather unwilling to consider anyone as a "lost cause" which leads many to label her as a hopeless idealist.

Prissy - This is a relatively minor weakness, but Luki's vanity has gotten the better of her in many cases. Her appearance, ever prim and always proper, is a bit out of place among the Jedi, and is nearly a vice by the amount of effort she puts into it. Her hair is never undone, and her clothes are always carefully folded to the seam. Messy situations often make her flinch.

Ship: None.

Biography: Born on the Codru-Ji homeworld of Munto Codru, but orphaned shortly after her transition from the cocoon at 8 standard years of age (see the bizarre life-cycle of the Codru-Ji: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Codru-Ji) by civil strife, young Luki was adopted by a pair of human philanthropists, Darla and Jakob Vihm of Coruscant. The child, though emotionally distant at first, was recognized for a spectacular aptitude in acquiring language and in learning problem-solving simulations. While she began to meld into the diverse society of her adoptive home, a peculiar series of events led her to be recognized by a passing force-sensitive. The Vihms, not eager to give the daughter away into an esoteric order considered by many to be long past its glory years, especially so soon after having taken her from the clutches of war and death, immediately denied the possibility of her entrance, regardless of force-sensitivity. However, as her insight began to develop at around the age of eleven, she began to realize what the Jedi represented herself: a chance for peace and order in the Galaxy, in a time of strife, death, poverty, and disease, realities she still remembered vividly from her childhood.

Undertaking the responsibility herself and convincing her parents that it is what she wanted to do, she began attending the recently revitalized Jedi Order's training, and after three years of careful consideration, joined the order as a Padawan. Her training has not been without its hitches, and she has struggled to prove herself, though has emerged as a promising young pupil with sincerity and zeal for the cause. While she has been a quirky and somewhat eccentric student, she has proven more than capable with a saber and, more importantly, a responsible devotee to the ancient ways of channeling the Force for good.

At seventeen, Luki has recently lost her adoptive father to advancing years, and has felt the sting of angsty teenage depression no less than any, but has tried to put it all behind her in hopes of finally advancing in her training beyond the stage of Padawan.
Kills: None. Luki has never taken a life.
Bounties Collected: None.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RP's: None. Will be updated and linked to in the future.

Abilities:
Combat Training:
Form I: Shii-Cho - Intermediate Skill Level, can equal her peers at offensive and defensive combat in this method, allowing precise, if rather choreographed, conservative attacks at the vital points of an opponent's body. Her offensive strikes stemming from Shii-Cho, while technically proficient, would be unlikely to succeed against a better-trained adversary.
Form III: Soresu - Highly Skilled, can equal, and likely surpass, most of her peers at defensive lightsaber maneuvers. Against blaster-fire and against a lightsaber-wielding opponent, she can defend herself and even press her advantage to fend off multiple attackers. While this technique is lacking in offensive capability, it does allow her to hold her own against practitioners more skilled than she is by its cautious approach to self-defense and careful positioning.
Dual-Weapon Fighting - Intermediate Skill Level, can carry two weapons at once with some proficiency, despite it being inadvisable at her level of training. Theoretically, a four-armed individual might be able to do more damage with three, or even four melee weapons at once, but at the moment Luki seems to prefer a more conservative approach, keeping her two lower arms folded behind her back during combat, and using her uppermost to control one lightsaber at a time.
Force Training:
Combat Meditation - Intermediate Skill. During pauses in battle, Luki can take time to meditate, reversing the effect of some minor wounds and increasing her own morale greatly. While she has not yet mastered the mass-scale of this, "Battle Meditation," she is able to communicate better telepathically and focus her skill-set to a slightly sharper extent than without meditation, giving her a small, but much-needed boost to her abilities during trouble.
Force Telekinetics - Intermediate Skill. Can push, pull, and stop objects midair with a bit of concentration: while she cannot quite manage feats like lifting starfighters or hurling humanoids around like ragdolls, she can hurtle objects of slightly less weight than herself with damaging effect, and even knock a foe off of their feet with a well-placed push to the head or upper torso.
Force Leap - Intermediate Skill. Can perform jumps that would put a non-force user to shame, of about 15 vertical feet, but has not yet mastered the ability.
Force Speed - Intermediate Skill. While she can achieve the speed necessary to make crucial gaps in time, facilitate higher leaps, and even pick up the momentum necessary to run up a short wall, Luki is lacking in endurance, and can only maintain this for about five or ten seconds at at time, and no more than twice in any given hour without meditation.
Mind Tricks - Skilled. Can trick those not attuned to the force with ease, and even use the force to assist her persuasion of those with some ability themselves. She has much to learn, however, and uses it more as a subtle augment to her clever tongue than she does as a way around diplomacy entire.
Inventory
Lightsaber. Green Crystal, traditional hand-and-a-half dueling hilt: can be comfortably wielded with either one or two hands.
Wardrobe. The Brown cloak and white linens of the Jedi Order are her most common everyday wear, although she does keep a small, rather fashionable set of alternative clothes, from long, formal dresses and frilly blouses to casual and athletic garbs. She rarely goes anywhere without her boots, which are brown leather and shined to a polish, or a small woven bracelet she's had since her childhood, which she wears on her upper-right arm's wrist.
Comlink. A universal receiver-transmitter set that can fit in her palm, and which can be used to keep in touch with anyone coordinating on the same frequency.

Hah, thanks guys! I appreciate the response a lot.

Emberli Garett said:
I've never even heard of this species before, but I'm interested in seeing you in action considering how xenophobic they apparently are.
They're quite xenophobic, but I tried to work past this with a bit of tomfoolery concerning her being adopted. :p

Z3R0 said:
id like to know about how well she can multi task? cus if you have four hands thats 2 more wepons she can use at her disposable than another species (such as a human)
Oh, absolutely! I was thinking of working on that, slowly, over time. At first, she'll be sticking to one-handed dueling, but perhaps in the future she'll be able to master more intricate forms and be able to use two, with the possibility of even swapping around or using three or four props / objects / weapons at once (but I imagine that'd take an undue amount of concentration and mayhaps end with an arm getting lopped off accidentally, if lightsabers are involved).

Karen Roberts said:
This looks great! :D
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.

Zef Halo said:
Damn Goro has been naughty >.> It's good to see more non-Humans, nice char.
:p thank you! Fighting xenophobia, speciesism, and anthropocentrism one freaky, four-armed alien chick at a time.

Emberli Garett said:
I'll warn you now - it will be my goal in all roleplays you and I are both in... to get her as dirty as possible. Just because annoying prissy folks is fun.
:p reason enough to pack a change of clothes everywhere. I hope there's a sale on earth-tone linen wear on or about the core planets this time of year.

I'm sorry, but ever since I read your profile I have to hear what you post in a slightly distorted Tom Hardy voice. "Theresh a shale on mud. Why don't you go pick shome up?"

Did someone say dirty? Oh you meant dirty.....I thought you meant........never mind. Welcome to the boards and I do hope Daxton gets to meet you soon.

Kaine Zambrano said:
Only third time I've seen this race used.
Is that a lot?

Z3R0 said:
good idea with the extra arms. lets all just accept that if you make a "prissy" character thats scared of mud.... they are going to get dirty
Yeah, I kind of have the feeling that's where it'd end up. But I'll see if I can't keep my boots nice and shiny throughout the plot.

Daxton Bane said:
Did someone say dirty? Oh you meant dirty.....I thought you meant........never mind. Welcome to the boards and I do hope Daxton gets to meet you soon.
Vielen dank! Likewise, read through your profile; it's very interesting!

It should be rather interesting considering that you are a Jedi. I am most curious to know how your technique would fare against my preferred three blade tactic as well.

Daxton Bane said:
It should be rather interesting considering that you are a Jedi. I am most curious to know how your technique would fare against my preferred three blade tactic as well.
Jorn Mair said:
*pulles out a bag of popcorn* lets see shall we?

Taking bets now, :p. Updated with items and abilities, so that the character sheet reflects the training and whatnot a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom