Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Love, love, love, I want your love, hey!

Arekk

The Flesh Of Fallen Angels
When the call came via holomessage, Arekk couldn't believe that he was picked for something he had signed up for as a joke. The odds of that happening were slim to none yet there he was about to face the awkwardness of popping up on a show that was broadcasted galaxy-wide with the high chances of becoming the laughing stock.

The reality of what he had done became reality as soon as the news reporter announced each couple that had been matched together to take part in a 'lovely' date at the carnival on Alderaan. Much like the host planet did eons ago, the man's willingness to go ahead with this shattered in a million pieces.

"I am not attending this." He protested, fingers slicking back his hair, fired up and annoyed. "Why did I do this to myself?"

Was it a nice thing to do to not attend? No. Would he answer a call back from HNN's headquarters if they wanted to reschedule with someone else? Maybe.

A message was left on Holly Starstorm's where Arekk explained himself on why he wasn't going to show up, trying to be brief as possible to avoid hurting the other person's heart in the process.

Last edited:
Kay watched as Steve Holt Steve Holt sort of jogged towards her. He seemed just as unpracticed at this sort of thing as she was. However there was a time when she was auctioned off for a date, but that was a long time ago, back when she was a Senator for the Galactic Republic. The Galaxy and even herself had changed much since then.

"I'm not used to these either, so don't worry. Shall we?" Kay gestured to the ferris wheel where one of the cars awaited them.

Last edited:
Well at least he wasn't alone at that new part deal. "After you," he said politely, ready to hop right in and immediately scratching his forehead uncertainly, "Can't say I fully understand...ferris wheels though. They go up and come back down in a circle. The only good part is at the top." he said furrowing his brow with a chuckle.

"But uh, I am from Coruscant, and a pilot, so I guess the...height deal was never really a thing for me. Even if it was the...lower areas." He half muttered the last sentence. It wasn't exactly a secret,, but it wasn't something to be proud of either really. Not that he had had much of a choice at the time.

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury

Suit

Ben never had the time to look for a match. He was always working whether on the bridge of his ship or in the various meetings of the supreme war council. He had been stressed and depressed for the past two weeks. He had begun drinking until his therapist told him he should stop and try to settle down, find a nice lady, make a family. He had never thought of doing any of those things, but he was just tired and wanted to try something new. His techniques of trying to woo a girl had become rusty without many years of practice, so he was very nervous. Ben had been to Alderaan several times when he was a little boy, visiting the several merchants with his father.

He adjusted his tie nervously. It had been the first time since he had joined the military that he hadn't worn his unique white officer's uniform. He was afraid he or his partner would trip over the supersized white cape. The suit was rather expensive, specially tailored to fit him. He looked around and saw a really pretty lady signing the sheet and walking towards him. He slicked his hair back and prepared what he would say. "Yes I am Ben Craig, a pleasure to meet you, Kes." He looked over to the table where freshly made pies were being placed. "Heh, no i haven't had the pleasure or time to find love. Nor have I participated in a pie eating contest. I have the time now however." She was rather beautiful. A hundred thoughts raced through his mind. Should I let her win? What if I look stupid eating the pie? How resistant is my nice expensive suit to pie? Will a source of drink be provided? Would it be more polite to call her Ms. Dray? He smiled, shoving those thoughts down that deep deep tunnel...just like his therapist taught him. She would be rather proud. He would let fate decide what would happen next. "So, have you done anything like this?

Kestrel Dray

"You're a pilot, are you?" Kay slid into the car and waited until Steve Holt Steve Holt was seated before lowering the bar over their laps. "I can imagine this would be pretty tame for you then." And while he didn't mind heights so much, she was a different story. As the ferris wheel moved a little to allow others on, Kay was sure to keep a firm hold on the safety bar.

"I couldn't imagine growing up on a city planet; though I've been to many. Once I got into politics, travel common. But I left that kind of life a while ago. Now I just sell tea." It wasn't an exciting occupation by any means, but it helped to meet the needs of her tea addiction.

"Are you a pilot for hire? Or do you work for one of the Galaxy's powers?"

Kay thought that she had caught sight of Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red 's hair down below. But it could have easily been someone else.

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Inanna Harth Inanna Harth

Red nodded. Good. Miri was fine. He could also tell that Inanna was relieved that he changed subjects. He could see that she was stressed by something, but he wasn't going to push it. This was, after all, an amusement park, not an interrogation room. Red would save it for another time, under different circumstances.

He watched as she moved to the duck stand, and shot at the ducks. "Children play these? This is like the target ranges they made us do as toddlers. Why are they teaching children accuracy and aiming?" He asked. It was actually like the target ranges the experiments practiced on as toddlers and infants. Funny. Red smiled lightly to himself He picked up one of the toy guns, examining it. The pressure used to fire the toy gun was decent, but not exactly where you wanted it. He looked at the ducks moving at the track. They were moving at a speed of about 6 kilometers per hour. The duck surface area wasn't that large, and the distance between him and the ducks would create some problems. He aimed the toy gun. He aimed it slightly above the ducks. Red timed as each duck went by. "I mean, it's just a simple adjustment of your aim, and since we're inside a tent, we don't need to worry about wind speed and direction." He said. Then, as a duck went past, he fired. Hit. The duck went down. "See? Nothing to it." He said, lightly smiling. "Rigged? Why would someone rig a game that woul be played by children?" He asked.

As Red joined in the game, going into detail on wind speed and distance, she didn’t get the impression he was trying to impress her so much as he was simply stating facts. She could appreciate that—being helpful was always better than bragging or showing off.

“Some carnivals are out to cheat people,” she explained. “The ones that charge money for every turn want people to keep playing, so they make it more difficult or even impossible to win, knowing there will be somebody gullible enough to stand here and keep trying without realizing the odds are stacked against them.”

She took aim again, taking his advice into account, and scored a hit.

“Where did you grow up where you were taking target practice as a toddler?” she asked, mischief in her eyes. “If it’s not a sensitive matter, that is.”

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

Last edited:

Subject 73 Red

Red listened to Inanna as she spoke about how some carnivals are rigged. He shook his head. That sounded horrible! What kind of a person would turn these silly games into something impossible so that they could make a lot more money? "That's terrible," Red admitted. "Whoever would do that would have to have nearly no morals and be completely fine with taking advantage of people. Sounds psychopathic." He said.

He watched as she aimed and hit a duck. Red smiled lightly. Then, she asked where did he grow up taking target practice. Red chuckled,
"Nah, it isn't sensitive information." He said with a light grin. "I grew up in the Unknown Regions, on a planet you've never heard of. I don't even think the planet has a name, yet, at least. I was made in a genetic laboratory, created by a company studying genetic altering, and that wanted to create genetically enhanced supersoldiers with enhanced intelligence, speed, and other abilities and skills. I was the 78th experiment to be made in the labs. I was born and raised in the labs. Thanks to out advanced genetics, as toddlers we were already way advanced nearly all other young "normal" children at our age. They started us on extremely basic target ranges, like this duck shooting game, teaching us all of the basics of shooting and marksmanship. Since we were smarter than normal toddlers, we were able to learn and memorize it. As we aged and got more and more skilled, we kept on upgrading to harder, more extreme and intensive training regimes and stuff like that. One time, when I was fifteen, they airdropped us into the planet's jungle, with nothing but a knife, two days worth of water and food, about 15 feet of rope and canvas, and a way marker. We had to survive in the jungle for two weeks with just that. We could also go and try to find items they hid in the jungle, which would boost our score. I found two items, but another experiment, a kid named Slip, found way more than me, or any of the other experiments. He was way younger than me, and he found more of them. Of course, his specialization was special recon, but it was still humbling to be beaten by a kid younger than me." He said, smiling at the memory.

"What about you?" He asked her.

HLS

H
Holly was at the snack table getting something when a messenger gave her a sheet. She quickly swallowed the cheese cube and rushed to get back to set. When the director yelled action she was ready.

“Well folks we may be chaotic but we are certainly never boring! It appears Arekk Arekk had to cancel so we set Rekha Kaarde Rekha Kaarde up with Darth Zveris Darth Zveris ! We are hopping those two can make a love connection over at the cotton candy vendor. "

The cameras turned off and Holly took a drink of her bottle of water. "Any idea when the celebrity judge Junko Ike Junko Ike is going to be here?"

Inanna raised an eyebrow as Red spoke of his childhood. An experiment created in a lab, with little more than a number and an eventual nickname… No parents or relatives, though he probably thought of the other test subjects as being like his siblings… It was well beyond her own personal experiences. She couldn’t imagine being raised by a bunch of scientists… well, actually, she could.

“I was born on Lao-mon,” she replied. “A planet on the edge of the galaxy, literally. I’m a Shi’ido, though most people just call us changelings. We have the ability to skinshift—change our form at will, making ourselves larger or smaller, a different color or texture, just about anything.”

She wanted to demonstrate her abilities, just for the hell of it. Since they were being recorded and broadcast she figured she shouldn’t do anything too extreme, but just changing her face and body so that she looked like a different person wouldn't be cool enough.

Closing her eyes, she concentrated. Her skin rippled, sprouting fur, and she grew larger. Fangs protruded from her mouth and the shape of her face changed, until she had taken on the shape of a Wookiee.

She held this form long enough to produce a barking laugh with her altered vocal cords, then quickly changed back into her typical form, a humanoid woman with white hair.

“My family were scientists and scholars, some of them famous—my great-grandfather was an anthropologist who used his abilities to go undercover and document various alien species, blending in among them in order to study their ways,” she spoke quickly, feeling a little self-conscious after the transformation. “I was a bit of a black sheep. I was never interested in science. I wanted to be a novelist, writing stories for a living.”

A dream which had never been fulfilled, unfortunately. At least, not yet.

It had been an hour from what he could tell by a humans perception. While everyone else had a date Kezeroth was beginning to smolder. Suddenly everyone around him began to look ripe for the taking but who? There was no bell on the table to alert the others of his distress and he was getting tired of pretending to care.

CRACK

The table near him cried out breaking into pieces, shattering onto the floor with a crash.

"Hmm. What a karking waste of time..." His eyes glew orange for a minute in his anger. Standing up he demanded " Who was my blind date?!!"
Avernus Avernus Holly Starstorm

"You're a pilot, are you?" Kay slid into the car and waited until Steve Holt Steve Holt was seated before lowering the bar over their laps. "I can imagine this would be pretty tame for you then." And while he didn't mind heights so much, she was a different story. As the ferris wheel moved a little to allow others on, Kay was sure to keep a firm hold on the safety bar.

"I couldn't imagine growing up on a city planet; though I've been to many. Once I got into politics, travel common. But I left that kind of life a while ago. Now I just sell tea." It wasn't an exciting occupation by any means, but it helped to meet the needs of her tea addiction.

"Are you a pilot for hire? Or do you work for one of the Galaxy's powers?"

Kay thought that she had caught sight of Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red 's hair down below. But it could have easily been someone else.

He followed in and the bar was lowered as he nodded about being a pilot.
"Not a dream job, but it's a job." he answered honetly. He looked at her hands as he noticed her grip on it. He thought about asking if there was anything else they should do, but she seemed ok. And continued talking, so she'd been in politics apparently. Now she sold tea, "Tea? Huh, don't really think of tea often. It's like...the coffee of formal people, or gentle people. But whenever you hear about old wise people somehow tea gets involved. Or coffee for um...not sure, I had an idea then I lost it, sorry."

She asked about his job again, who he worked for, "Ah, Galactic Alliance. Had to go to the Pols Anaxes Naval War Academy to actually become a pilot. Long name, lots of work for someone who spent most of their life trying to find batteries. I don't really like all the formality behind it, I mean, it's fine. I know it's necessary, but just feels a little extra at times."

He glanced over the edge, "Didn't get to see the starts quite as much before though. I admit, I do like that. And that most of the people I meet aren't either criminals or really bad off." he looked up, and then back at her, "Uh, sorry. Drifting again, I get distracted easy. What made you decide to come to one of these things anyway? Or give up politics for tea? I mean, I'm certainly not good at politics. But I'm sure it pays well to those that do it, right. Seems like most people would want to stay with it till they retire."

Subject 73 Red

"Changeling? You're a changeling? That's pretty cool. It sounds cool, being able to change your form at will. You know, in the genetic labs, we were also trained to know all of the species and races, and learn their strengths and weaknesses. They just taught us about shapeshifters and all that, I don't think even the scientists knew if Shi'ido or other shapeshifters had any weaknesses." He admitted.

He watched as she changed her form. Red was quite impressed, actually. It was an impressive ability to have, yes. Red clapped lightly.
"That's pretty impressive. I must also be very useful." He said.

He listened to her as she explained what she wanted to be.
"Sounds like an interesting choice, novelist. I always knew what I was going to be. I was made for it, and trained since birth to be it. II was made to be a soldier, to be an investigator. And I did become that. Of course, I knew what I wanted to be, a crime-fighter, a vigilante. I wanted to do good when others wouldn't or couldn't. And so I did, I became a vigilante. If you have the ability and skill to become a novelist, then go for it." He said.

Darth Zveris

S H A T T E R E D
He raised his eyebrows. What had he gotten himself into exactly? Why, live was a complicated thing and as far as the Sith Empire was concerned, it was not as important as war. Of course, Tykar saw ddifferently.

None the matter though, as the announcer said his name he greeted his "date" with an smile fit for a king. He wore an expensive gold suit, laced with the finest fabrics the galaxy had to offed.

"Hell, I'm Lord Valkorion of Zakuul. I have to say this, I am a Sith Lord but...I'm levelheaded unlike some of us" he offered with a smile. This had to work, he thought to himself

Rekha Kaarde Rekha Kaarde

The clapping was cute. Yes, she did often feel like a performer when it came to skinshifting. It was certainly better than the other stereotypes about changelings, that they were thieves and assassins…

“Not very useful for what I want to do,” she said. “Although I suppose it can’t hurt either way.”

When he’d described his upbringing, the thought popped into her head that he might’ve been programmed a certain way, made to want to do what his creators intended. She was glad to hear that he was living out his dream, so to speak, but her sense of unease lingered. Maybe she wasn’t concerned for him so much as she was concerned for herself.

“I’m glad you have the skills you need to do what you want to do. Not all of us have the gifts or the talents we wish we possessed.”

Before things could get too serious in tone, she looked around the game tent, wondering aloud, “Do you think the show producers would mind if we explored this place a little more? It’s not that I’m getting bored or anything, I just don’t like staying in one place for too long.”

Holly Starstorm

Well she had made her bed and now timeto lay in it... very very picky when it came to them as Junko had been invited to be a guest judge. She arrived wearing a kimono and had her hair back as she bowed to the reporter and host. "Thank you for having me... I know I might have driven your people crazy." She offered a smile on her face though while she was looking at all of he couples. "This is certainly starting to get exciting now isn't it?"

Reactions: HLS
Kay leaned back in the car as it moved again, keeping her further from the edge. She laughed a little as Steve Holt Steve Holt mentioned tea and wise men. "Oh you don't need to be wise to know about and drink tea. I'm proof of that." She had made too many mistakes to even think that she knew much at all, least of all about people. Tea was easier. It didn't have any sentience.

"The Galactic Alliance? Are they still around? I thought that they were dismantled years ago..." It sure showed what she knew these days. But it wasn't really her problem anymore. As Kay had been told; she was just a has-been. There was no reason for her to step back into the fray again. She wasn't needed or wanted. "Well it's good that you get to see more of the Galaxy, at any rate. Some don't get that luxury at all."

To his question of her, tea and politics, Kay glanced over at him briefly before keeping her eyes on how high up they were getting. "There were...circumstances that led me to lose faith in myself. I know that others did too. Politics can be brutal while tea is forgiving and an honest enough living. There's far less to lose while selling tea, and no one is after your head." Kay had lost too much. About the only things that she had left were her children. Everything else was gone.

He'd been a lot of things in his young life- but Thal Mantis, the son of the Wolf- had never been in a tunnel of love.

Or anything close to a tunnel of love. Or anything remotely close to love.

But here he was, on a...river. Water, really. But encased all the same... with a woman. A woman. He'd been murdering, and killing, surviving, bleeding and fighting for so many years that he forgot how to live, what even truly living was like.

He was self-conscious of his voice, to say the least. But he spoke between the two first. His Basic was accented, and

"Hello. I am Thal."

Thal was a brute- bulky in muscle, and tall in stature. His presence commanded death, and his hands orchestrated it. But for now, he was a nervous man on a date. His first date.

Annasari Annasari

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom