Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Love, love, love, I want your love, hey!

HLS

H
TO BE IN THIS THREAD YOU MUST POST IN THE OOC TO BE PAIRED UP. Once you have a pair and Holly introduces you then you may post IC.

OOC Thread https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/looking-for-romantic-interest-sign-up.137588/

———————-/—-/—————-
“Welcome everybody to the season premier of Looking For Love in Alderaan Places! I am your host Holly Starstorm! Let’s review how the game is played. We recruited some single citizens of the galaxy and randomly paired them off. Then we sent them to an amusement park on Alderaan! Cameras will be standing by to follow our guests on their date! Now let’s learn more about our first contestants!

Rayyell Kopos Rayyell Kopos is a fresh thinking lad who wants a woman that won’t get tied down by Jedi and Sith ideologies. Yula Perl Yula Perl is a woman who loves a good conversation on the holo. We sent them both to meet next to the bumper cars. Let’s see if they are able to make a connection!”

Rayyell Kopos wasn't usually down for this kind of reality show drama but travelling for years alone in space was kind of getting old. So he decided to give it a shot and wound up on Alderaan at an amusement park.

He had been waiting for some time by the bumper cars. Ray liked to arrive early so he would be prepared for anything.

"Come on Ray, it's one date." He said to himself.

Rayyell hadn't ever been on a date before. With a childhood as eventful as his, he just never had time for it. And now he waited anxiously for Yula Perl Yula Perl

What a trip. Galactic terrorist on a romance show. How far had this galaxy steeped into chaos? Sitting in a small chair at a table The red giant cramped himself next to a table. He was uncomfortable, that much was apparent. Looking to the table he could only think of one thing. Where was the bell on the table or buzzer to make his blind date disappear or get up?

What if he didn't like them?
It was entirely possible this would end horrid.

Avernus Avernus

Steve Holt Steve Holt . All that Kay got was a name and nothing more. No age, no description; it was all a mystery. And that was quite alright. She wasn't expecting much to come out of this anyways. It was just a moment to get her to come out of her shell a little bit.

So quietly she waited by the ferris wheel, noting that she was being watched. But being in politics for years, she knew what being in the public spotlight was like.

"I mean...who the hell thought an amusement park is romantic?" she spoke to a random guy who seemed to be a little uncomfortable. "I should actually be avoiding Alderaan, last time I was here I got into a shootout wi-" she glanced around with a rather paranoid look. "...With some kids at the laser tag. They hold grudges, man! I'm telling you." she quickly covered up. "Oh well." she fished out a cigarette and lit it before walking off. "Time to go find this dude. What's his name again? Judah? Judas? Heh, reminds me of that band I listened to a while back." she snickered to herself before taking a drag.

It took a while of wandering around and trying to figure out where the kark the apple bobbing was...only after finding out what apple bobbing was. Regardless, she found the way and wandered over to it. As she neared the stall she flicked her bud into a bin and adjusted her tank top. She actually dressed for the occasion. A pair of clean shorts, a black T-shirt and aviators were neatly adorned. She even left her blaster on her ship, though that was more out of necessity for the show. They didn't seem to like a heavy blaster being out in the open like that and she didn't have a lot of space to hide one. As she reached the stall she took a look around to try and find the person she was supposed to meet.

She caught sight of a few kids in the row that looked a little unsettled by her appearance. "What's up." she greeted them with an upwards nod and a toothy grin...which didn't help all that much. "Where's that karking idiot..." she muttered under her breath as she looked away, getting a little uncomfortable by the gaze of the children...

Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. Holly Starstorm

Steve Holt Steve Holt . All that Kay got was a name and nothing more. No age, no description; it was all a mystery. And that was quite alright. She wasn't expecting much to come out of this anyways. It was just a moment to get her to come out of her shell a little bit.

So quietly she waited by the ferris wheel, noting that she was being watched. But being in politics for years, she knew what being in the public spotlight was like.

This was not the sort of thing Steve normally did. He was definitely friendly, but just not that kind of friendly. Here he was though, doing something that, quite certainly, made him nervous. He took in a breath, trying to calm himself down. "Oh boy, here we go." he said as he heard his name called along with "Kay." He walked uncertainly, at shifting speeds, towards the Ferris wheel. Unlike Kay, he had almost no expectations of being watched. He was pretty much no one, although he was in the military, he was just one of many. He still felt like he was being watched, but that was pure nervousness.

He saw who he believed was Kay, took in another breath and did a slight jog to finish closing the distance,
"Ah, uh. Yup. Hi, I'm Steve. Not used to these...sorry."

Kestrel Dray

K
A L D E R A A N

Being constantly on the move wasn't a lifestyle that allowed for long-term attachments, dating wasn't really her thing, and normally, Kestrel wouldn't have done something like this, but what was the harm in having a bit of fun once in a while? Carnival rides, cheesy contests, and some of the greasiest food you could find in the Galaxy? She signed her name on the dotted line, faster than a one legged-Mandalorian in a wrist-rocket competition.

Walking onto the stage without a lot of fanfare, she took a seat opposite of the man she assumed she'd been paired with, tugging her shirt in the process to make sure it didn't wrinkle. Situated, dark cerise eyes looked up at him, "Hi, you must be Ben Craig Ben Craig ?" A smile tugged at the corner of her glossed, heart-shaped lips. "I'm Kestrel, or Kes. Whichever you prefer." she introduced, "It's nice to meet you." taking her thick, dark hair, she began tying it up in preparation for the contest. It wouldn't do to have pie on her face, and in her hair. "You uh, ever do anything like this before?"

What was he thinking? JJ was not the kind to simply let himself get set up with some random date, or whatever it was this thing had been that he signed up for. In truth he had gotten a message from a particular pink friend who had thought it would be funny to sign up. Love was not something JJ had been lucky in, not like his father at all. His dad seemed to have his fair share of stories, and even as a widower the man was getting more attention from woman than JJ had in his entire life.

Frustrating.

Maybe this was a chance to break that streak, or maybe it would be the kick in the pants he needed to put himself out there. All he knew was a carnival and bobbing for apples was right up the Corellian's alley. He'd been a country boy at heart, growing up in the foothills of Coronet Peak, and this was nothing unusual to him. What was unusual was his "date." The last thing JJ had expected was to look at a picture of the person he was supposed to meet and think a few lines from an old childhood fairy tale were a rather apt descruption.

JJ shrugged as he approached the area they were supposed to meet. He was running late as usual.

"Sorry," he said approaching Shai Maji Shai Maji , "I kinda got turned around a bit. Never liked Alderaan to begin with... always getting lost around here... and then there is the carnival... Hi... I'm JJ."

As she was standing around, she heard someone speaking to her. She turned and saw the guy that looked like the picture she was handed. He started to break the ice...sort of...but he at least introduced himself which gave Shai all she needed. "Hey! I take it one of the J's is for Judah?" she asked casually, then proceeded to reach out and enthusiastically shake his hand. "And don't feel bad, I get where you're coming from. I mean...do I look like the type that hangs around carnivals all day?" she asked rhetorically. "Oh! Sorry, the name's Shai. Great to meet you."

She reached into her pocket and pulled out her packet of cigarettes. She offered him one as well as she held one between her lips. "Not sure if we're aloud, but I don't think they'll mind." she quipped before lighting it. "Okay, so which one of us needs to get the apples? I feel like I got an advantage here...and I'd like to put these little shits in their place..." she nodded to the row of children that were glancing at them from time to time. "But if you feel peckish, feel free to hop into the row." she continued with a cheery tone.

"So, JJ! What's your story? Where did you grow up?" she asked casually as she smoked away, not exactly caring whether it was allowed or not. "Like, if I had to guess...you're Corellian." she said with a smirk, folding her arms as she turned to face him.

Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr.

Inanna had almost backed out the minute she heard her match’s name and put two and two together. She felt incredibly embarrassed—not just because of her involuntary emotional outburst at the news, but because it was completely unwarranted. What had happened between her and her ex wasn’t Red’s fault. As far as he was concerned, he had just saved a little girl from harm.

She felt like she at least owed the poor guy an apology. Pulling herself together, she headed for the game tent and approached Red. Their first meeting was already incredibly awkward (for her at least—he might not care) but there wasn’t anything she could do about it except try to overcome that.

“Hello,” she said, a little too softly. Wincing, she started again. “Hey, I’m sorry for what happened earlier. It just caught me by surprise, hearing your name… One in a billion chance that we’d be paired up, huh?”

He was clearly confused as to who she was even talking about when it came to her ex, so she decided to offer some explanation. Nimdok told me about you, how you saved his daughter from those kidnappers… He came to me a few weeks ago and basically asked me to babysit her while he went looking for some artifacts." She all but rolled her eyes. It was so typical of him to drop by for a few days, then leave for weeks, months, decades, half a fething century...

"Things got pretty crazy while the two of them were around… but I don’t think I should talk about that while the cameras are rolling,” she added in a low voice.

Resting a hand on her hip, she finally got a proper look at Red. As far as his appearance, he certainly stood out from the crowd. “I see why they call you Red," she said with a smile.

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

Last edited:

Subject 73 Red

We're more ghosts than people.
Inanna Harth Inanna Harth

Red had been standing in the game tent, looking over the games. Most of them seemed impossible or very close to impossible to win. Why would anyone want to play a game created in a way that you couldn't win? It just didn't make sense to him. Red was actually not wearing his battle armor today. That was a rare occurrence. He was, in all honesty, wearing "normal" clothes for a change. His red hair didn't change, still making him stick out from the crowd. Why was he even here? Why was this tall, fruity haired supersoldier here at an amusement park of all places? Well, he had been signed up for the "speed-dating" thing or whatever it was called. He had actually been signed up by his pit droid, Pitt, as a joke of some sorts. Well, Red would have his revenge against that tiny cyclops soon enough. Still, Red came anyway. Why, he had no clue, he just decided to go through with it.

Upon entering the amusement park, he had been given the name of the person he would be meeting, and he was directed to the game tent. Inanna? Hm, that was a name he had never heard before. He hadn't heard anything like it. It would be interesting to see who it was. Walking to the game tent, he saw some familiar faces. There was NPC Treasury NPC Treasury , for example. He smirked at that. Who would think Kay of all people would be here. When he saw Ben Craig Ben Craig , Red started chocking. Oh god, why was the Admiral here? That was a little weird, seeing his superior at a dating thing.

Red knew he was being filmed by the cameras, apparently this was like a game show or something. Weird, who would watch this? Apparently, Red's "date" had an emotional breakdown upon hearing Red's name. Okay, that was weird... Red wondered what that was about. Then she walked up to Red. He turned. She apologized to him, and talked a little bit more. Red had no idea what she was talking about. Then, she explained. When Red heard the word Nimdok, recognition instantly passed over his face. Nimdok! Red had saved his daughter a while back. Of course, they had all been tricked and she turned out to not be his daughter, and so now Red was pursuing Nimdok. "I'm surprised he told you about me." Red admitted. Then, she talked about Nimdok's daughter. "How is Miri? Is she alright?" He asked.

Then, she talked about how it got crazy with them around.
"Yeah, probably for the best you don't talk about it right now. That's a... very sensitive matter." He said, choosing his words carefully. She commented on how she could see on why he was called Red. "Well, yeah. Obviously.." He said with a smile. "And, hey, don't worry about earlier. Yeah, you were probably really shocked to hear my name." He assured her.

Red looked back at the games.
"How are you supposed to even win these things? It looks so menial, but then somehow you lose." He asked her. "Well, to be honest, I've never been to an amusement park. What about you?"

Inanna tried to keep her expression carefully composed as Red asked about Miri, not wanting to alarm him. He seemed to get rather tense when she spoke Nimdok’s name.

“She’s doing fine, I should think,” she replied, turning away from him to hide any slips in her mask.

In her mind’s eye, she could still see the inside of the girl’s bedroom, flower prints splattered with gore. And the smell… but they had been Sith agents sent to grab Miri. They had almost succeeded in taking Nimdok as well… She could see him too, the shock on his face gradually giving way to guilt and regret as he carried the crying child away, trying to clean up all the blood on her clothes...

Needless to say, she was grateful when Red changed the subject. “It depends on which game you’re playing,” she said. “It’s usually just about aiming at stuff. There are ones where you have to throw a ball in so many holes to win, or shoot wooden ducks as they’re moving across the track… Shouldn’t be too hard for you, vigilante.”

Moving to the duck shooting stall, she picked up the toy gun, took aim, and fired. It missed.

“Some of the amusement parks I’ve been to have been rigged,” she commented, smirking. “Or maybe my aim just isn’t as good as yours.”

Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom