Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction LOTS │ A Growing Cabal

xxBEfoG.png

Benûwia Antares / Darth Xanesh / Ireria Antares
Sith sorcerer, alchemist, historian, Archon of the Primyn Group, Owner of UAAK and GBATS
dyCfW5L.png
Equipment: Polyweave dress | Shield talisman | Empyrean gland | G1 OmniLink
Tag(s): Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean | Inanna Harth Inanna Harth
370d9lz.png

"You do not see the forest from the tree; it is basically right for someone to see an enemy immediately. We don’t ask you to trust us because we don’t trust you either, it’s just like that, we’re Sith. But to immediately think that this is done with ulterior motives is also a mistake. We did not humble you, our intentions and offerings were pure because our goal too is to make the Sith Empire strong. But you don't care. We think you are right, there is nothing more to talk about. We hope that the Worm Emperor will soon realize that you are just holding back their mission…"

Said there was a bit of regret in her voice that the situation had turned out this way. Maybe she overestimated the young man and was wrong. It happens. Didn't intervene in the men's further word duel, it wasn't her business.

"We did not insult you, if you thought our advice was an insult, it is unfortunate. We want the same as you; a strong Sith Empire and not lost in the eternal obscurity of oblivion. We're sure we'll meet again, Darth Maliphan. We hope for calmer situation."

Said politely, since the man was visibly more hysterical than a woman on those particular days, she had no intention of possibly offending the other. Meanwhile, the challenge to the duel also took place. Xanesh sighed wearily; at times she felt she was too old for that. Then the man left, and Messala said goodbye. By his farewell, the Sith Lord had already risen from her seat.

"You don’t have to worry Lord Messala, we’ve been in a worse situation in our lives. Try not to lose if you say yes to the duel. We would not be happy if we had to look for a new ally instead of you. It is always a pleasure to meet you and work together!"

In the end, a smile even appeared on her dark blue lips as she lowered her head, signaling her farewell.

"We hope to see you again soon, Lord Messala! In calmer conditions!"

After that, let the man leave, and returned to her own work.

JQWiaCv.png

JJgNyMc.gif

Maliphant finished the wraps around his hands - made from the worn fabric of many sparring sessions. He ignored Messala as he spoke, his eyes focused on tying them off to help protect his hands from concussive force. A second after, and he tied his hair behind his head - his face stoic and cold, apathetic to whatever it was Messala said.

"Was that your attempt at Dun Moch?", he said with a glanced up to the Lord of Doubt when he was finished.

"I believe I told you an apology was in order, or I'd bring your corpse back to the Eye."

A hand raised - fingers carefully pointed to the air like five towers, and with the slightest tension on them Messala would begin to feel a growing pressure on him. Weight that grew as his fingers curled, until what was once the conventional gravity of the world would become many times that - heavier and heavier until a freighter and more road on the Lord of Doubt's shoulders. Even the metal platform around them began to ache and groan with the sound of metal stressing itself to the limits - as a slight vibration could be felt through both of their feet.

It was a simple force technique, nothing fanciful or extravagant, but it showed how endless Maliphant's ability seemed to be. That which broke the Darkstaff, trained underneath the Telos Holocron - chosen disciple of the Rule of Two, and that which killed Lords with no more than a kinetic blast. He grit his teeth as the Dark Side flowed through him, attempting to force Messala to a knee and bow his head; if not crush him entirely.

"Do not feign ignorance, Lord of Doubt. The Sith are a cult of power, and I will not have you insult mine - to my face, or in front of others. You will prostrate yourself or you will fight; but if you attempt to strike me, I will bury you."

The weight increased as the hand came dangerous close to forming a fist, shaking as the Force rippled from his control over it.

Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco Inanna Harth Inanna Harth

Unable to foresee how Maliphant would attack, Messala couldn’t plan ahead. He could only react. Thankfully, his reflexes were up to snuff.

Right as the pressure grew unbearable, Messala unclasped his cloak, folded it, and set it aside. He then unclipped his lightsaber from his belt and carefully set it on top of the cloak. All this he did slowly and deliberately. Of course, he was resisting—the kinetic force Maliphant exerted on him bent curiously around his body, the pressure considerably lessened—he was just being insufferably calm and (dare I say) serene while doing so. Almost, well, Jedi-like.

"Do not feign ignorance, Lord of Doubt. The Sith are a cult of power, and I will not have you insult mine—to my face, or in front of others. You will prostrate yourself or you will fight; but if you attempt to strike me, I will bury you."

Messala faced Maliphant, unarmed, dressed in plain civilian clothes, looking ugly as galvanized sin in broad daylight. “I hate to disappoint you now, but… I’m sorry,” he said. “I am sorry. You have my sincerest apologies and sympathy. It's gotta be tough, not having any sense of humor.

He shrugged. “In spite of that, I like you. Really, I do! This was a lot of fun. We should do it again sometime.

It was odd to see Force Immunity, as the Jedi so carelessly liked to call it, used against something like Kinetic manipulation Maliphant thought to himself. However, even the Vong were not so immune to such manipulation - so instead Maliphant simply changed the target, from Messala to the air pressure around him. Just like the Vong, Jedi often used the force on the air infront of them to crack their carapaces, rather than target them directly - very specifically bypassing immunities, trained or otherwise.

Props for creativity, but Maliphant had in his possession the greatest collection of Force Teachings next to the Jedi Temple - before it was raided multiple times over, that was. Outsmarting Maliphant as a tactician was certainly doable, but in the Force he was a Master without nigh peer.

"No, we shouldn't.", he offered as the transition of strength would be imparted to something outside of Messala's control. With the likely suprise transition taking the Sith by suprise, Maliphant let go of his grip of the Force - a massive weight lifting itself from not only Messala and the ground around them, but the very Force near them.

"You may have the protection of the Dark Council, Lord of Doubt, but the Worm will not live forever - and it is a simple thing to see you buried in a Korriban tomb to be forgotten. Alive or dead, I am both capable and willing to erase your existence from Galactic history. Mind how you speak to your betters, lest I cut that tongue from your head and frame it for my own amusement."

Maliphant offered a final disgusted look before detaching the fabric from his wrist and unwinding it - as he moved back to the ships entrance ramp. There would be time enough for Kaggaths and shaming the Sith later - when he wasn't in direct sight of a member of the Sith Empire, he imagined. The Praetorians nodded at him as he passed them - but they would do little more than stare at Messala as he entered - cold and daring.

Inanna Harth Inanna Harth - Ardana Vorco Ardana Vorco

It wasn’t Force Immunity, at least not like a Vong. Messala was actively resisting Maliphant’s exertion of power, putting his will against his opponent’s. Hence why Messala was surprised when, after all that blustering about how he shouldn’t dispute his Unlimited Power™, blondie abruptly relented as soon as Messala’s rear plopped onto the landing pad, knocked off his hooves by the blast aimed at his chest.

Oh, he was a funny one, all right. Messala clambered to his feet, cracked his back, and followed Maliphant up the ramp as if nothing had happened. His cloak and saber floated back to his possession—he wasn’t about to leave them behind, of course. Equipment subs are a pain.

Cut out my tongue and frame it? I didn’t know you were into that kinky stuff, boss.

He saluted the Praetorians then marched down the ship corridor, following Maliphant around like a poodle. As far as he was concerned, this wasn’t over yet.

Now that the ladies are out of earshot, I would still like to know why you’re mixed up in all this. Aside from hating TSE, that is. If you won’t tell me, I’ll be forced to start guessing. Let’s see…

Srina Talon Srina Talon gave the Worm a look that could kill lesser beings at that banquet last week, as well as refusing to touch the food and looking bored most of the time. It’s one thing for you to be annoyed with He of the Dirt Throne, Hallowed Be His Slime, but to inspire the loathing of your woman? That takes a special sort of hatefulness. ‘You are mine… But you have never been mine to command’ and ‘an Emperor holds more of your thoughts than I do’—she said something along those lines while you were loudly whispering about your plot to kill the Worm. I’d dismiss it as petty jealousy on her part, if it weren’t for what came after with that dirty-minded pirate Merridius Black making a pass at her. You wanted to kill him too, didn’t you? But you were prevented, not by the Dread Queen’s ‘mercy’, but because she reminded you that the Worm had asked the guests not to fight amongst themselves. The Worm’s orders took precedent, hm?

Flopping into a nearby chair, Messala continued. “All this points to a kind of unwilling servitude… or perhaps slavery is a more fitting wordon your part. That’s what gets underneath your skin, makes you want to pour salt on that Worm and watch him die in agony again and again. Because it reminds you of where you started, helpless, subservient, spat upon, crushed beneath someone else’s heel. No prayer for deliverance you ever uttered was answered; no one came to save you… it wasn’t until you took matters into your own hands that you were able to free yourself. To do that, you had to seize whatever power came within reach…

Messala’s gaze had drifted away, his mind and feelings filled with memories from his own past as his voice dropped into a whisper. Coming out of it, his eyes found Maliphant’s again, and his rubbery lips curled into a grim smirk.

It takes one to know one, Maliphant. We’ve just got different ways of dealing with our bondage. You growl at anyone who comes close, while I jerk our shared chain. But enough of stupid metaphors." He leaned forward. "Do you really have a plan to kill the Worm? Is there anything I can do to help?

"You know, that is impressive.", Maliphant mused.

"I've never seen someone so confidently make so many wrong assumptions in such quick succession.", Maliphant offered Messala with a coy grin. It was, of course mocking, but it was the first grin he was offered the entire time they were between one another.

Unlimited Power aside, awkward attempts at stifling the Force, Maliphant didn't ordain him with a response that actually carried anything tangible.

"You're worse than a child, Messala. I'm not sure how many times I can tell you to quit talking before you finally get it, but me and you-", he said as he slowed down his speech, pointing between them as though his hands were all that would convince the dense Bothan the message.

"- are not going to talk. You will have no part of my plans, and if I see you again after this, I will kill you. I understand if you've short comings with social subtleties, and I even have sympathy for no doubt whatever accident damaged your ability to think, but it is very clear and cut - You are not anything. You are less than nothing. You will find someone else to be 'friends' with or whatever nonsense you have cooked up, and we will go our separate ways.", he said with a sigh.

"Now please, shut up and be thankful I gave you mercy."

With a glance towards the two guards with him, and annoyed at Messala's already interesting ability to know things he shouldn't Maliphant instead spoke to the others, who up to this point were entirely silent;

"If he speaks to me again, beat him within an inch of his life. I'm tired of this prattle."

"Yes, sir.", the Praetorians offered in tandem before finding themselves move to either side of Messala. They didn't do anything, they just stared, and Maliphant closed his eyes and leaned his head back as the ship began its departure from the atmosphere and return to the planet Korriban.

Inanna Harth Inanna Harth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom