Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lost Boys - Encounter on Gala

jHiLsO.png

Tag: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru
Equipment:

Felix couldn't help but crack up when she did, allowing the masque he donned to shatter into a thousand pieces as he allowed a persona to break apart. Wiping away a tear and happily sharing the laugh. He figured breaking some of the tension would be a good ice breaker, having strayed onto some heavy subjects, far heavier than he had intended to stray onto... he needed a method to course correct and go back to building this connection.

"Haha, Yeah, sorry, all this talk about Jedi got me thinking like one for a moment, so melodramatic and holier than thou, its a bit contagious. All I'm saying is everyone needs a goal for themselves . . . even if its a silly one like mine."

He noticed that he finally dropped his hand, well, it was a good run while it lasted. Part of him felt like he'd lost her, the loss of physical contact wasn't a good sign, though he had made her laugh so it wasn't a total wash. The lonesome park had a couple of people moving through the dark of the night of the world, Felix's eyes never seemed to lose their colour, regardless how dark the world around him got, they would dim with the darkness, and it was far from them glowing or radiating in the night, but they seemed to always show colour to those who looked.

He'd sigh, enjoying the fact he got a genuine laugh out of the seemingly serious woman, He figured that it wasn't something she was able to do often. Though she was still trying to hard to remain polite. Covering her mouth when she laughed and hiding her face like a schoolgirl, it was cute, he had to admit, she was pretty, in a femme fatale kind of way.

"Show me. . ." He'd begin. "You don't seem like the might makes right, sacrificing of children bring darkness to the galaxy kind of Sith in the stories. Makes me think I need to update my opinions. So, if you'd like, I wouldn't mind you showing me what your Sith are like." He would speak with an honest tone, tilting his head to a side in contemplation, perhaps they weren't the monsters he thought they were... what kind of person would he be if he couldn't give them the chance, though he doubted that she would be able to convince him... he knew of enough famous figures like the Shaper that were almost comically bad. But, perhaps there were factions, fractions within the sith empire. She mentioned that there were enemies within, not everything was as it seemed after all.

370d9lz.png

Alina didn't let Felix Aquila Felix Aquila 's hand go for long. The realization she'd actually let go of his hand settled in after a moment. She cleared her throat as she reached out to take his, under the guise of leading him into the park. Really, she just missed the warmth of his hand in hers. Not that she'd ever admit it aloud.

"I.. Don't know what kind of Sith I am. Yet. Sacrificing children though.. The Jedi and the Sith do it all too often. They're the new generation. They should be protected. Taught how to truly survive before being sent away to die. And even then, protected by their masters. When I take control, I will change the Sith. It's not weakness that makes an apprentice die. It's inexperience. Snuffed out before they had the chance to bloom."

She paused her rambling for a moment as they walked through the park. Her gaze stayed away from the Obsidian for a moment. The Jedi she'd spoken to told her it was folly to try this. But, was it? In her mind, it was a worthy cause. If she didn't stand up against the monsters the Sith had become and force a change, wouldn't she just be running away?

"I thought maybe I needed to be the worst and strongest monster to control them. But.. That just makes me more of the same. I've no idea what to do."

jHiLsO.png

Equipment:

Felix didn't like the answers she gave, that meant at least up until now she was a powerful monster, but it seemed this particular monster was at the very least doubting their position in the machine. Felix would listen, and as she slid her hand back into his he'd pull her into an embrace, holding her hand in one of his and wrapping his other arm around her. He wasn't sure why, just felt like she needed it. But there was one thing he did know. He'd meet her, dead on, his eyes for the first time turning from a positive colour into a negative one, his serene blue setting aflame into something malevolent, a sickly toxic green, the colour of all radioactive things beset by veins of fire. Resting his forehead against hers, nose to nose he'd speak with just a touch more gravitas.

"Whatever you take away from us meeting, rememeber this...If you play their game, you lose. The only way to win, is to to be the smartest, most prepared person in every room you walk into, be cunning and unexpected. Power has nothing to do with strength. And only dead morons ever think so. . ."

To her, the admition would likely seem out of character, but to Felix, this was the world he lived in every day. He meant it, this was Felix, a bizarre creation of mechiavellian archetypes that tore at his conscience until he decided to either act on them, or act against them. Though, as the moment would end his eyes would fade back to normal and he would run a hand through her hair, cupping the side of her cheek.

"The fact you're questioning it all means you're a hell of a lot smarter than most of them. Use it. The greatest Jedi in history are the ones who were always the least like a Jedi of the time. The greatest Sith were always the ones who acted least like a Sith of their era. If you find yourself surrounding yourself with powerful monsters who sacrifice children. . ." He'd leave the rest open to interpretation, he didn't need to spell out everything for her.

"But, if you ever find yourself on Ryloth, look me up, remind me I have a book I want to give you."

He'd turn on his heel and keep walking where they were going, as the incline of the park would rise and they would soon find themselves looking out over the city from a hilltop. Glimmering lights and busy backdrops all seeming so far away now, the lives of ants marching one by one to the beat of ephemeral drums.

370d9lz.png

Had she not wanted it, she easily could of fought off Felix Aquila Felix Aquila . Or at least, if she knew for certain what she wanted. Instead, she was pulled into his embrace, eyes wide and staring up at him in confusion. As his eyes changed color to something more sinister, her gaze hardened. Only for a moment. Living the life of a Sith made any seemingly hostile action put her right on the defensive. Her mind raced with a number of terrible scenarios. Only, no such thing happened.

Instead he spoke. Held her close. Comfortingly so. What he said only reaffirmed her growing beliefs. The Sith needed to change.

Then he moved away. She followed in silence, not sure what to say or do at this point. She had nothing to add to what he said. Nothing against. He was right. The only thing that came to mind. "What's the book about?" She broke her silent spell, walking beside him closely.

jHiLsO.png

Equipment:

They'd move in silence for a little while, things had gotten so serious between them with the topic of the Sith, but Felix would allow her the quiet time to think and deliberate. Still never letting go of her touch, enjoying her company and how warm his hand clasped within hers made her skin. He was a little worried about what happened next, but the silence was broken when she mentioned the book. Now she was just being a brat.

"See, that kindof ruins the whole surprise thing I had intended. My family have a special relationship with books and tomes... A strange rustic appeal in a data age where even holocrons seem ancient to us. Some of the ones there are indeed rather rare, as I believe this one is. But I think you'll like it."

He said with his usual candid smile, simply soaking in the view that they had been blessed with, though, he had to admit, he found himself looking at how the colours of the city radiated off of her face and body. For a person who had a special appreciation for light, he could see how it bounced off her, cascading her form in an aura which he only wished that she was able to see. No doubt she would probably catch him staring, or at least taking glances toward her a little more frequently.

"You're rather stunning you know, I didn't expect you to be this... soft" The point he made he could tell wasn't exactly the right word, but, he was more or less fine with that at the moment. She was surprisingly gentle, caring... he wouldn't have thought she were a sith were it not for the time, place and the games they were playing with each other in the beginning.

370d9lz.png

"Oh well I don't want to ruin the surprise." A coy smile formed at Felix Aquila Felix Aquila 's protest of her question. Though, just learning there was another family with tomes and solid books was an interesting revelation on it's own. "If they're as rare as you think, I might have to ask about buying them. I have a.. Collection of my own. There's something about having pages to flip through that adds to what's written." She did catch his stares, but she said nothing on them. It was nice to be watched in a way that wasn't either creepy or hostile. Admiration. Yeah, that she could enjoy.

Color returned to her face as he spoke again. And a pout. A pang of hostility nearly echoed in her heart at the words 'soft'. Had it been anywhere else among Sith, she might of actually attacked him. The paranoia of the game of Sith had her always on edge if the idea of weakness was ever given out. The fact it was Felix though, who wasn't a Sith, and a compliment, had her douse that flame immediately.

"Sith aren't soft. I'm just.. Not as cold."

jHiLsO.png

Equipment:

The thought of buying the House Aquila Library was something that he could almost scoffed at, that being said, there were some people in the galaxy that were stupid levels of wealthy. Felix could count a handful of manuscripts within the collection that he was more or less instructed, like his father before him and his mother before her to die before allow them to be traded due to their worth. But he admired the sentiment. "Whatever figure you're thinking, double it, and I'll let you read them." He smiled, sighing happily. But, as the follow up came, he didn't expect such a anti reaction, though, now that he thought about it, he could see why the word he chose was perhaps the wrong one.

"Whatever you want to call it, there are some adherents to the Dark-Side who you see or meet, and you could swear that they were born that way. . . What i meant was, you're not like that, I could very really see a world in which you were a knight obsidian. . . I didn't mean to offend."

The more he thought about it the more he was convinced that he was right about the approach, he'd lean in, and give her a kiss on the cheek, a small apology, but one he hoped she would appreciate. Felix was beginning to think he was seeing another side of the Sith, something more tender and less embroiled in a world of strife and struggle.

"So, what were those lords and ladies fighting over you for? Is it true you can reverse someones age?"

370d9lz.png

There was a brief, playful smile as Felix Aquila Felix Aquila mentioned just being able to read them. "And yet you're going to give me one of the books? Pray tell, what is it you're expecting as payment?" She couldn't help the coy expression as she smirked. He'd walked into that one, and it was a good break from the subject of her brief hostility.

"You.. Didn't offend. Not here at least. How the Sith are are.. Too violent and cruel." It was odd trying to figure out the words she was trying to say, though such thoughts came to a close as he kissed her cheek. The sheepish smile returned as she pulled her gaze away to watch the city instead, trying not to let her heart flutter too much.

"No, I can't make them younger. Not easily at least. But I can make them stop aging. And, technically, live forever if I so wished."

jHiLsO.png

Equipment:

"The one i have in mind is rare, quite rare, one of a kind even, but certainly not one of the most valuable of the collection... But I'm not so daft to have not scanned backups of all the manuscripts in the families' possession. So it's not like it will every truly be out of reach." But as she mentioned that Felix had not offended her, he breathed a sigh of relief after the kiss, running a thumb across her cheek where he had done it, cradling the side of her head and paying attention to the many lines along her face, as well as the lack thereof. But the fact she seemed to admit a little to his point truly took the man by surprise. He actually thought if he kept this up... maybe the Knights Obsidian could have another member before the night was through...if not soon.

Her revelation about her talents had Felix taking a step back a little, an admission to that kind of power was more than otherworldly. He knew there were force powers in the universe that could help to stave off aging, but they were some of the most powerful and difficult abilities to master, as one had to be so profoundly proficient in them, as to have them active every waking moment. The fact that her, a girl so young was able to, even with difficulty reverse the tracks of time as well as allow one to have it forever was... horrifying.

"I hope you never give it to any of them... those creatures are vampires, with the ability to not age they'll drain the life out of any planet they set foot on and become hedonistic oligarchs over time. There are a handful of people in the universe who deserve a gift like that... and I'm not even sure I'm one of them... I'd like to be... But I can't say with certainty that i am..."

Felix looked to her, tilting his head to a side, remembering what the crowd had said when she entered the area for the first time, that the people she was with looked younger than they ever had... She'd already used this ability on them... it was too late. Were those tycoons immortal now? Set to live through the ages one by one as eternal power snatching despots who's lust for power would likely only serve to grow over the years with their ever expanding Ego. Prompting a single question...

"Can you take it back?"

370d9lz.png

Alina snorted. Couldn't help herself. It went into full on laughter. Not the crazy kind, but the double over kind. Felix Aquila Felix Aquila 's worry about the 'vampires' was just, too on the nose for what she was for her not to find it hilarious. It wasn't until she caught his eye that she stopped. And realized just what it was he was talking about.

What she thought was humor seemed not to be.

She cleared her throat, looking away from the man for a moment. "All I've done is give two of them some extra months. It'll fade, and they'll need more. Their selfishness makes them easy to control and put them to work rather than letting them rule only by their selfish desires."

jHiLsO.png

Equipment:

Felix visibly stiffened at her response, alarm bells were ringing now when it came to the precise words she had spoken, was she dangling the carrot of immortality to enslave these people?! After all that about attempting to become the biggest monster in the room, it would make sense, though it seemed as though she had been doing so belatedly for some time. He wanted to believe that this was something she was attempting out of a sense of obligation in order to uphold appearances, however deep his biases lay. However, he would need to confirm, everything he had right now was assumption, and this could stem a lot deeper than he knew.

"So, you're. . . controlling them? Puppeting them using their desperation and desire to live as some, reward for loyalty? If so. . . that's more than a little messed up. It's basically slavery."

He didn't know what his plan was if she agreed and didn't care, would he try to stop her? regret bubbling in his throat as he saw something that possibly could have been transform into some twisted dark version of that potential reality. If he denied her, would she turn on him to take him for herself by force? There was no way to know for certain, but here they were alone. So, for the first time Felix became very aware of precisely where his weapon was with the woman... wondering if she too had something on her person.

370d9lz.png

"It is not slavery." Alina's voice immediately chilled at such a word. She stepped back from Felix Aquila Felix Aquila , her yellow eyes equally filled with a rage and feeling of betrayal. Of all things the Sith as an organization could stand for, Slavery was the one thing she hated. In part, it was because of Alisteri. But she saw first hand what it was to put people into a position where they couldn't say no.

"They know nothing of the immortality I could offer, for I know they would immediately treat me like a god. Even now they try to. This is a business arrangement. I can keep them young, and they work for me. If they care so much about their image that they would be desperate, that's not something I care to control."

Right. She had been foolish. Thinking that he wasn't just some other outsider seeking anything to judge her choices on. Her eyes narrowed further. How dare he judge her. His own vice lord was a Sith and likely did things far worse than her making business deals. To call what she'd done slavery.. "I think, Knight Aquila, you've taken me from the party for too long. Go home." It was a warning. She turned on a heel, stepping away from him.

"You're no longer welcome."

jHiLsO.png

Equipment:

In the world of business, politics and war, one could always tell the validity of a statement by the manner in which someone defended themselves against it. There was such a thing as righteous anger, but righteous anger was always something that targeted the heart of a statement. The fact of the matter here was he was accusing her of manipulation of the grossest kind, manipulating supreme power against the weak willed and minded in order to gain power. He was accusing her of being a monster. Had she rebutted that, said that he had no idea what it took to survive as a sith, he might have understood...

Then there was anger as a defense mechanism, the kind of anger which tunnel visioned on something adrift from the main point, usually something involving poor wording, something that attempted to afford the person the moral high ground. These 'how dare you' statements seldom inspired confidence and were usually employed as a smoke-screen to drift away from the point, usually because the point was not in contention... and her response seemed far from righteous.

However, she had mentioned she had been forced to do things monstrous to get to this point. But, was there a going back from being redeemed here? Unknown to her Felix had used slavery as a method for punishment in the past, though never at his own hands and he had been much younger at the time... Could she be forgiven for something like this? Maybe, though it would all depend on her response. He could feel her recoil, the barriers raise to defend herself emotionally.

"So I'm right, you seek to dangle the possibility of it, knowing full well that something like it is within your reach and they, so meek and desperate already cling to you like some form of messiah. What's worse is you don't even deny it. You seem proud of it. You're defending it. There are many kinds of slavery Alina. "

Felix would almost seem hurt by her response, a pained look stretching across his face, he wanted her to convince him otherwise, so much had been discussed to have this action fly in the face of it all was torture for Felix.

"So I beg you, you don't need to hold control over those beneath you to forge an empire. Relinquish it, let them go and come with me. And together we can ensure that the next generation you want to save will live to see the sunrise of a new era. I'm not leaving."

His ultimatum would hang in the air like a toxin, permeating the space between them as he would search her eyes, her stance for any sign of her relenting her position. His mind swam in possibility, his eyes flashing red as a future would flash past his eyes, informing him of a key point, a play, a sacrifice, something. Perhaps impossible, but something that would allow him to convince her to her side... An action which could lead to a future in which she would leave this life behind, without context ... Leaving him with only blind choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom