Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lore Forum & You

Definitely Not Tefka

Totally A New Member
A hypocritcal friend of mine says he kept the Vehicle forum even though it was doing poorly, because he knew it needed much more time to flourish and was a necessary handicap of the Factory. He admitted that there was nothing ever wrong with the Lore forum, just never afforded it the chance to grow.

There was concern over the power the Codex has potential to hold over free form roleplay, and wished to avoid that at all costs - but acknowledged that this paranoia would likely be very isolated and never be fully realized.

Just some food for thought. From a friend.

[member="Definitely Not Tefka"]

Let your hypothetical friend know, that we are well aware that things could become very locked in and cause trouble with the free form of the role-play we have established here on Chaos. The Lore section will act as an information chest for people to make things for their characters and their stories. The Codex staff will make sure anything submitted respects the free form role-play and the integrity of the Chaos RP.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Allyson Locke said:
things could become very locked in and cause trouble with the free form of the role-play we have established here on Chaos.

I think the easiest way to skirt around that is if/when this becomes a thing, make it known that all things in here are from faction or individual perspectives. I feel this especially important since it seems there is an assumption that there can be such a thing as unbiased history.

But yeah, put it in big bold red letters something like "These tellings are from the perspective of *insert faction, "people", or family group etc here*"

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
I'm sure that, not speaking for anyone of course, that all Staff of Minor and Major Factions could lock heads and set time out to write up an extensive, creative and immersive history about their Faction as it stands.

Doesn't need to be authentic to the George Lucas era but more for our own Choas influenced era. A directory of all Factions with as much or as little info on key members, ranks, milestones, codes, fleets, planets etc.

Then hopefully new Staff who come on and see the Favtion change can add to their Factions lore and keep it rolling as much as possible to evolve with the site.

And it'd be good to get Factions talking and cooperating in helping each other flesh out their history and adding some exciting moments.

The three big ones for me are as follows:
  • Languages, including spoken and non-spoken.
  • Religions and ideologies.
  • Political/government systems.
All of these are important when looking at the culture of a species or faction, and I'd love to see them in the Lore section.

The best thing I could think of to let the Lore forum grow better than it did before is to not shut it down in three weeks after the initial hype settles down. I'll echo our theoretically hypocritical friend and gesture to the vehicle forum for an area that sees little use but is still an important section to keep apart from the rest of the factory.

[member="Allyson Locke"]

Lore surrounding locations such as mythologies, semi-fantastic tales passed down by generations like, stupid example, but the boogeyman, traditions and etc. That kind of vibe.

Zef Halo said:
Allyson Locke Lore surrounding locations such as mythologies, semi-fantastic tales passed down by generations like, stupid example, but the boogeyman, traditions and etc. That kind of vibe.
I can think heavily upon this related with religions. As we do have a couple around here such as the old Moross Crusade, The Primeval Religion, or even religions based around Species such as the Hellyni and their very greek like nature, or other species.

I only mention these as I know they have extensive mythologies/Lore/Stories that can be played upon still.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Zef Halo said:
semi-fantastic tales passed down by generations like, stupid example, but the boogeyman, traditions and etc. That kind of vibe.
YES! I've been putting snippets of Mando stories into my fauna subs so this would be amazing to be able to flesh out! Also gives the possibility of one off fantastical roleplays looking for these things :O

Kalee Bladesworn said:
I can think heavily upon this related with religions. As we do have a couple around here such as the old Moross Crusade, The Primeval Religion, or even religions based around Species such as the Hellyni and their very greek like nature, or other species.
Oh yes! I would love to codex entries on these religions! Remembering details of those cool old things is a lot more difficult when there isn't a centralized location to find them!

And speaking of centralized locations to find them, since we are talking about lore articles that deal with faction history (and religions related to them), perhaps it may be possible to sub-divide the lore section by major factions past and present? Or at least the ones that were archive-able? (such as Moross Crusade and the Primeval, for example?) Might be a bit of a stretch, but would certainly organize faction related material nicely, I would think! :)

Fatty said:
Oh yes! I would love to codex entries on these religions! Remembering details of those cool old things is a lot more difficult when there isn't a centralized location to find them! And speaking of centralized locations to find them, since we are talking about lore articles that deal with faction history (and religions related to them), perhaps it may be possible to sub-divide the lore section by major factions past and present? Or at least the ones that were archive-able? (such as Moross Crusade and the Primeval, for example?) Might be a bit of a stretch, but would certainly organize faction related material nicely, I would think!
Why not just have in the format for the submission that the Faction it was related too would be labeled as "Past" or "Present." That way the Judges dont have to have different sections just for factions or other such? I mean, less work for the judges, will still providing the information is what I am worried about.

[member="Kalee Bladesworn"] That would probably work better! Perhaps have the faction(s) being written would have to be in the title to further organize it even as time goes on and present becomes past, etc. :)

I was thinking of something that could be really cool. Why not set up a point of "Divergence", like in fallout? The exact point it all diverges from standard star wars history to become chaos star wars history? That would certainly make for an interesting thing, like a whole "sound of thunder" thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom