Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for NPCs for a development thread

Hi there, my name is Dar'rak and I have been requested to do a development thread in order to get my lightsaber's aproved in the factory. You may check out the submission itself here if you'd like.

What I am looking for is one or more players who'd possibly be willing to be NPCs during the topic as it is intended to cover some of the time I was absent from the forums. Meaning your current character (unless you'd like to have some history with Dar'rak) would not really make sense in the intended topic being that it will be in the past.

I am not sure how long the topic itself will be, but a synopsis of what I want to happen is for Dar'rak to land on an unknown world, meet some locals and learn of an ancient legend regarding a Tree that is strong in the force. Wanting to seek out this particular tree, Dar'rak and possibly some of the local population will travel against warring tribes and wildlife as they make the trip to where the tree(s) have been growing since before recorded history.

Eventually ending with Dar'rak discovering the tree and through some additional trial and error taking the bark and crafting his Lightsabers.

We can discuss further details either in private or within this topic as I get willing participants.

[member="Inactive M"] Cool I would appreciate any help. Do you have an idea already of what you'd like to do in the thread? Meaning being either an asset to Dar'rak or a hindrance? As I could use both. I don't want this to be a simple walk in the park, Dar'rak needs to have developed a great deal in his time away and would like to showcase some of that development here as well.

[member="Kami Meran"] Nice, thank you for the Support. For now two may work in my favor, Any more whom want to aid in the cause may also post here. In the meantime I will create a PM for the both of you and invite. We can plan out the topic.

Alright the Development Topic can be found here for anyone who may be willing to help.

[member="Inactive M"] and [member="Kami Meran"] right now that means you two if you are still up for helping. For anyone else please post here before openly replying to the thread.

[member="Dar'rak"]

I would like to help Dar'rak on his quest. I know you're looking for NPCs but honestly, my character has been faaaaaaar out of touch with everything thats gone on in the galaxy. I've recently returned to the site with the IC explanation that Z'Zharen has been roaming around the Outer Rims looking for knowledge of the Force and also searching for a way to construct his own lightsaber.

He's not associated with any factions or groups, strictly a wanderer for the moment. His call to the planet could be similar, he was drawn there by the Force and also may have been near it already in his travels.

In turn I can also serve as NPC characters and or creatures. So I offer to play as a supporting companion character as Z'Zharen and potential antagonist NPCs.

@Z'Zharen Wow.... I was not expecting that kind of response. Someone else who may be in a similar circumstance as my own. Well done and first welcome back.

Now if what you say is true and you do not mind developing history with Dar'rak Then I welcome your approach. This is set entirely in the past with an unknown date so that is why I forewarned about PCs. Those that have already RPed the timeline could not possibly be involved but as your case is suspect to the same issues as mine. Let's have at it.

The Planet we will eventually be on is Dar'rak's homeworld. It is uncharted due to it not being created yet for Chaos lore. It is also hidden by a shroud by the force. at least for the time being with really only a few smugglers really knowing where / how to find it due to their illegal activities on the planet and basically how Dar'rak got off as a baby and ended up in the arms of the Jedi. The planet itself may be a force nexus as the plants and animals that eat the plants and the creatures whom eat the animals are all strong in the force. What we seek is a specific type of tree that grows native to the planet that may or may not be related to the force tree that was once located in the courtyard of the Jedi Temple.

Still interested? Drop a post into the topic. If you want to play some of the hostiles for me I can do the same for you. We can both benefit here.

Thank you I'm looking foward to this story. Just to clarify, this will be the first time our characters meet. I'll make a post of Z'Zharen and will follow your example when the time comes to introduce NPCs. This is your homeworld and race, so I wont even pretend to have any knowledge of it haha.

Im also cool to help with this as an npc. Do i just use this character profile or should i make an npc one? Also I have more questions but it'd be better left to like a pm chat or something like that.

[member="Dar'rak"]

No need for Profiles as most will either be killed or forgotten after this topic ends. Unless your current character can be explained to be in the vacinity without any reconing on any other Roleplay you may have already done. It is best to stick with throwaway NPCs for the sake of sanity.

[member="Kendall Ginn"] I will invite you to the PM...

Hi there [member="Kami Meran"] no worries, there is always room for more if you are still interested.

My character and [member="Z'Zharen"] (due in part to his circumstances being similar to mine) have both made landfall on the unknown planet. Though in seemingly different locals since the lad did not mention seeing or hearing my starship crash. Not much has happened yet other than that. Z'Zharen is being chased by some of the natives, and Dar'rak is meditating in a tree somebody put in his crash course--path.

Kendall here has opted to go full native and has a hunting party after Z'Zharen and his main NPC is staking out my location. You are still more than welcome to come along if you desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom