Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a new Anime.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
So I recently finished One Ounch Man, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suszumiya, Mob Psycho 100, and Yuri!!! On Ice. And I have to say I really enjoyed them quite a bit. But with those now at an end I need something else to start watching. I've seen all the old classics, Cowboy Beebop, DBZ, Samurai X, all that stuff. So if you guys have any good recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Grim Blacklake

G
K Project

Nah while that one is awesome, you should watch

Code Geass

[member="Miss Blonde"]

[member="Miss Blonde"]
so you are into fighting anime?
so you want new stuff, cuz Im assuming you watched the other classics like Evangelion, Nadesico (mech) and Kill la Kill?
I liked Noragami. That's fairly new

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Yuri on Ice surprised me

though depends really on what you are looking for. Me I can watch nearly all of them but I'd say for one of the best singular moments School Days. it is slow, boring and then the ending leaves you wondering WTF. Ah well I can't recommend it for buying as it is far to expensive but the Bikini Warriors ova series. 50 minutes of several shorts poking fun at RPG's both J and Western. Black Lagoon and its OVA are just good fun, Devil Lady if you want monster of the week, Sol Bianca for space Pirates, Murder Princess, Battle Girls Time Paradox, Outlaw Star, Hellgirl, Comic Party, Iron Blooded Orphan's is well Gundam it has been around forever, 3x3 Eyes but I only recommend it if you can handle a cliffhanger, Fairy Tale is something Fabula recommended to me and it is a lot better then i expected, Sekirei if you want fighting anime, Highschool of the Dead, Master of the Martial hearts is more fighting with an ending that makes you much like school days go WTF

Full Metal Alchemist - Badass Alchemy all over the place, a whole new world with a large expansive cast of colorful bright characters. Most people agree that this is one of the best, but most don't make it their number one because they don't want to admit how great it is.

Soul Eater - Pretty fun animation with a spooky theme about it. Recommend for Halloween. The story revolves around a group of teenagers at a school literally run by death and their job is to kill something I don't know. Been a while since I watched it.

Ouran High School - One of the few, (As far as I am concerned) Decent Harem Anime's out there. The story centers around a poor girl who dressed as a dude breaking a really expensive piece of pottery now works as a Hostess to pay back their debt.

Angel Beats - Watch it to the end if you want to have your heart ripped out. The main premise is that some teenagers died horrible deaths while living horrible lives are taken to a new world where if they experience true joy are ripped from the world back into reality and lose all their memories.

Shimonetta - Should not be something I find enjoyable but it's over the top immaturity transcends it to actually being fun with a premise that makes it understandable. The premise is what would happen if you took away everything dirty in Japan and tried to make it a wholesome boring country of dullness and zero fun.

Barakamon - One of those feel good anime's with an Anti-Social protagonist with a little kid to add contrast to the setting. Basically, the guy didn't win one award so he goes to an island to learn how to add emotion to his calligraphy and is accompanied by an actually likable kid.

My Hero Academia - Boy does I love my underdog story. It is especially shocking when I found it came with a superhero setting. But boy. Does it do it well with such a likable cast and a ragtag group of superpowers. Main premise is that there is a kid who wants superpowers, born with something about his foot meaning no superpowers. But he gets them from All Might! A superhero who can transfer his powers from one person to another.

My Love Story - Another one of those lovey dovey anime that does it right, with a large brute with a heart of gold, an anti-social best friend who all the girls fall for and dim-witted girl. All these cliches tossed into one mash pit. Though there is a reason cliches are used, they are timeless and when done right. They can transcend into a world of brilliance all their own.

Durarara - Probably spelled it wrong and also don't know how to say the name, one of those Film Noirs? I don't know Genres that well, that has a large cast of characters who are either always in it or never. Watch this one before Baccano.

Baccano - Better then Durarara which pretty much re-does it and got more press attention which led to it getting more seasons. But in my eyes and most others, Baccano does all the right moves with a lovely music which are jazz and jazz are amazing.

Hare + Guu - If you are looking for something to just kill time with and laugh watch this, it's stupid, over the top and hits all the right notes so it ain't terrible.

Eden of the East - Watched this one only recently but the main premise is given a group of people a whole lot of money and sees if they can change Japan for the better with their ideas. And it works pretty well, though it is sort of re-done with Future Diaries, but that one is a tad too edgy and dark for my tastes.

Rune Soldier - A but of an older show, its main character was born to a wizard and was pretty much raised to become one, but said screw that noise and went and got buff and now fights with his manly fists.

Over the Garden Wall - Not an anime, but it's amazing and only goes for an hour. If you have time to kill, watch it because as far as I am concerned, it is part of what I would consider the Western Animation Revival with a lovely soundtrack, beautiful animation and a cast of two brothers, their frog and some mysterious entity trying to hunt them down.

One Piece - Normally, I am not interested in those series that run for a few hundred episodes like Bleach or Naruto, but this has Pirates and pirates are pretty cool. The main premise is that Luffy wants that sweet one piece and title of King of the Pirates. Don't get into watching this if you don't have the time.

Overlord - Another Genre I ain't interested in is people getting stuck in video games, or an all powerful main character. But, there are exceptions to everything and Overlord is one of them, with a single character from the real world getting stuck in a game with the only company being the NPC's his friends created. And while he and his companions are all powerful his, he uses his intelligence first and foremost to figure out what has happened.

Welcome to NHK - Been quite some time since I watched this, but with a Neat (Another type of character I don't like) and a girl who if I remember correctly is smitten with him, they go through the steps to try and deal with his Neatness and get him back into society.

XXXHolic - Another Supernatural Anime set in the modern world, this time, it has an animation style I don't like. Long lanky limbs, that kinda stuff in lovey dovey anime. Its premise is the supernatural, creepiness yet holding onto that sense of charm that can keep any anime afloat. The main character focuses around a right dickhead as far as I am concerned having to do Ooh too spooky 4 me shenanigans because his drunk boss is kinda a prick. Though I also haven't watched this one in some time.

Tokyo Ghoul - A more recent Anime that got a lot of attention, its premise is that in the underworld of people there are cannibals called ghouls with super powers and our main character because of a sort of half-breed. If I remember it stems from the fact he was partially consumed by a ghoul gal that he liked but she died midway through the consumption and he becomes a ghoul? I dunno someone will correct me I'm sure.

Tiger and Bunny - Something I overlooked because of the name, this anime is another superhero setting which follows the exploits of Tiger and Bunny on a TV show which happens to be their living. It is so good it actually has real life sponsors like Coke and Pizza Hutt.

Ghost Story - Thier are stark contrasts between Dubbed and Subbed for this one, I watched dubbed because it feels like an Abridged Anime series when Dubbed. It has taken what was a really spooky setting and just threw in pop culture references which are now outdated, a Jew, An Evangelical Christian and a whole array of stupidity all about.

Probs. A whole lot more on my list but that seems like enough for now. [member="Miss Blonde"]

Macharius Solaire

M
[member="Shane Zion"]

1st season. The second R2 one just went full Jar Jar.

Now I recommend the new Pokemon series: Sun and Moon. Watch it subbed. The dubbed is meh feeling. And I prefer 99% of dubs over subs. Also has way more episodes out for the subbed right now.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Miss Blonde"]

Overlord was pretty good.

I feel like you would enjoy Naoki Urasawa's Monster very much. It's definitely one of the darker animes I've seen without being too over the top.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
Now, not to out myself as a weeabo, but if you're looking for anime, I suggest Black Lagoon.

Black Lagoon is like every nineties action movie. It's got mercs, machismo, Russians and as a staple of all Japanese culture, excessive cleavage. I'd suggest it, cos its just a really fun watch, particularly when inebriated with friendilios, or when you wanna watch senseless violence.

[member="Miss Blonde"]
Black Lagoon is a decent one [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] . Total military. Almost like Spriggan but without the werewolf guy.
Im pretty sure you have watched Attack on Titan.
I love me some Gurran Lagan too

Miss Blonde

Well um, alright. Thanks everyone, especially [member="Thraxis"] for the list of glowing recommendations. It seems like I have a lot to watch now. I'll try and and get my way through all of it, maybe even write a review blog. Thanks again guys!

[member="Shane Zion"] [member="Aizen"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Kimiko"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Boo Chiyo"] [member="Macharius Solaire"] [member="Zeradias Mant"] [member="Carlyle Rausgeber"] [member="Aizen"] [member="Joza Perl"]

just found Overlord.. well worth it.
tumblr_o7dpvkDwRD1v3hqyfo1_400.gif

Miss Blonde

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

I prefer western animation over anime. But to be completely honest there's a lot more anime with deep narratives and character development than with western cartoons. I mean there's a lot of trash anime out there as well. Like a lot a lot. But there are these gems like Welcome To The NHK that deal with the struggles of depression, suicide, isolation, and existential nihilism with anger towards God. You gotta respect and enjoy the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom