Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a cure... in an old familiar place.

Be careful what you wish for.

IT'S ALWAYS DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN...

53950.gif

Equipment:
Conservator and Vanguard 2.0 (Lightsabers)
Comm-link, Rebreather, Custom Robes
Starship: Starlight Sentinel, (Dilorian in cargo bay)
Companion: Astromech R01R - "Roller", Pilot droid Mu51c - "Music"
Tag: Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Jane lovett

Alright, that should be enough consumables for a while. Then again I’m just going to Atollon.

Caltin had access to a labor droid who was more than capable of bringing the cargo he was taking on board his ship, but the massive Jedi Master preferred to do things on his own. That was probably why he wasn’t sticking around Silver Space right now, the big guy had been feeling “off” since Sarka. That hot mess that was Sarka, he had things well in hand, but somehow nothing worked. It was like something was keeping him from doing what he needed to do. Something in the Force was keeping him from actually scoring hits on that monster.

That wasn’t important right now. What was was that he needed to figure out what was affecting him, and he needed to talk to someone in particular about it. The Bendu may not know what is afflicting him, but he might be able to point Caltin in the right direction. It was a fast enough trip to Atollon, so it’s not like he would necessarily be gone long, but you never know.

He had no one really to say “goodbye” to, Des was involved in some personal business, and the last he knew, Milya was back with the Echani. With a shrug, he began his ritualistic pre-flight checklist.

Why do I feel like I’m forgetting something?

... YET THE DAWN ALWAYS COMES.
ZhUyygm.png

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
"Master Vanagor, wait up!" Kuxirra said, running towards Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor . "You promised you'd teach me some stuff!" The young Togruta was always eager to learn, perhaps too eager on occasion. At least she didn't have a broken ankle. Her mother wouldn't let her get away with that, anyway. Her father would be more likely to try to stop her, seeing as Zenda, Kuxirra's mother, had been suffering from morning sickness the last few days. Well, morning, noon, evening, and night sickness.

Anyway, the key word was try. Kuxirra was stubborn as a blurrg when she wanted to be, and when she wanted to learn, she was stubborn.

Last edited:

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag: Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Jane lovett Ilias Nytrau Ilias Nytrau

Oh, Kriff a Stiff!

It looks like someone forgot that they promised a certain "Cinnamon Roll" of a Padawan that he would teach her a skill through the Force.

Oh shut up.

So, with an exasperated smile, Caltin turned around to greet the Togruta, surprised that she picked now to come after him. Clicking an item off of his checklist, the big guy nodded her way.

I thought you would be tending to your mother.

Waving her to follow as he continued his walk, the massive Jedi Master checked the wings, there was a small problem with one of the solar panels on the port stabilizer, it will have to be replaced the next trip, but right now should be fine. This sort of thing would worry most, but for some reason, it did not bother Caltin at all.

You sure you want to do this now? I'm going to be gone for a while.

ZhUyygm.png

Kuxirra followed Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor as he walked. When he told her he thought she'd be tending to her mother, the Padawan smiled. "I almost decided not to come because of that, but Mom told me to go ahead and come, provided I stay in touch with her and Dad. You know how they worry." When she noticed the problem with the solar panel, she pointed it out. "Um...shouldn't that be replaced? Or can the stabilizer function without one of the panels?" She was certainly at least a little worried about it, but decided to trust the Master's judgement. When asked if she was sure she wanted to come, the Togruta nodded eagerly. "I'm sure. Mom and Dad said they didn't mind. They trust you, and so do I."

53950.gif

Equipment:
Tag: Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

Alright, well I'm a man of my word. So, you're going to come along on this trip with me. It should be... "educational" enough for you, even beyond what I'm going to teach you.

He let those words hang for a few moments as he finished up, no, Caltin didn't answer her question about the solar panel because it was his ship, and he already knows the ins and outs. It's not that he didn't owe her any answers, but it wasn't her problem and she didn't need to dwell on it, so she shouldn't. Finishing up the list as he was almost done anyway, Caltin waved for "Kuxy" to follow him into the ship.

I'm going to run a systems check, you have an hour to grab enough clothes and provisions for about 3-4 days and meet me back here. I also need you to promise me... promise... me... that what you will see on this trip... you will not even repeat to your parents.

Oh, he was serious.

You got me?
ZhUyygm.png

Kuxirra nodded as Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor told her to get some things together and gave him her word that she would stay quiet about it, running back into the Temple. She was back in under twenty minutes, as she had already gotten most of the things. The Padawan hadn't been sure how long she would be gone, so she had actually packed enough for a week.

"Where should I put it? The cargo hold?" She asked, holding the pack. "I'll hold it in my lap if I need to."

53950.gif

Equipment:

He was going to be gone longer than a week.

This was not going to be a simple trip, the Force was telling him this clearly.

A part of him wanted to just leave and if caught up to, simply say "oops, sorry"...

... he wasn't that Jedi...

There was going to be a lot to unpack on this trip, a lot for him the both of them to learn about. She had some skills to learn, but the big guy had to learn about himself and while he was not unwilling to take the Padawan with him, she was going to slow him down. This was not her fault, or her problem, it was also his word that was given and that was keeping him here. "Kuxy" is a good kid, and didn't deserve the runaround. So he sat there and waited. The systems check was long finished, and now it was a matter of reading up on the "Triumvirate" that was named. He hoped that he was wrong, but the massive Jedi Master had been through far too much for too long and had seen this sort of thing already. It was going to fail. There needed to be a council, not just a group of three.

Oh well... for their sake, he hoped for the best.

Only "hope" usually triumphs over experience.

ZhUyygm.png

Kuxirra walked back to the ship with her parents, giving them one last hug before boarding. Leehak smiled fondly, an arm around his wife, watching as his daughter left. Zenda wasn't showing yet, but the child within her thrummed with life.

After boarding, Kuxirra followed Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor as she waited for instructions. She was eager to learn, to help of needed.

53950.gif

Equipment:

"Music", get us out of here.

As the loading ramp went up and the ship slowly lifted into the air, Caltin began to check over the "Dilorian", making sure that there were no "dents" and "dings" from the last time the younglings decided to wash it. He really wasn't in the mood to talk right now, nothing against the kid, but it went back to the "introvert" in him. Caltin was always used to doing things alone, it was what he knew and what he did best. She could admire the speeder if she wanted, even sit in it if she desired, or she could stow her gear, whatever, it was her choice.

When he was finished, and they were entering hyperspace, Caltin finally made his way into the common area.

Sorry about my zipped lips. When I get focused, I get quiet.

Grabbing a cup and making himself some tea, the big guy walked around the galaxy map, brought up "Atollon" and simply asked.

Tell me all you know about the Force. All of it. Pretend I know nothing.

Kuxirra looked around the ship after stowing her gear. As Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor apologized, Kuxirra shook her head with a smile. "I understand. Whenever I actually focus, I get really quiet, too." As the Master told the Padawan to explain the Force, she closed her eyes for a moment, reaching out to the Force for reassurance. Where to begin? Kriff, I hate having to explain things I don't completely understand.

After a few seconds to get her thoughts together, Kuxirra opened her eyes. "The Force is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together," she recited. It was one of the first things she'd been taught about the Force. "There are microscopic organisms in our cells called midichlorians. The more midichlorians one has, the deeper their connection to the Force. They're called Force-sensitives. Those who are Force-sensitive can do things through the Force with proper training. Some things are widely known, such as telekinesis." She demonstrated by lifting her quarterstaff from her lap with the Force. "Others, such as Mist-Weaving, are known only to a small group, but they can choose to pass it on to others." When the Padawan mentioned Mist-Weaving, she began moving her hand. As she did so, a small thread appeared, seemingly out of thin air and made out of light.

The Togruta paused before continuing. "But it's more than that. It has a will of its own. It guides people, whether or not they're Force-sensitive."

Kuxirra nodded, sitting down. She would have made eye contact with Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor if she didn't hate it, instead opting to look at the wall behind him. "There are different beliefs as to the nature of the Force. Some say it has a Light Side and a Dark Side, with a gray area in between. There are also many different Force-based groups. Jedi, Sith, Je'daii, the Order of Shasa, the Mist-Weavers...the list goes on and on. Some worship the Force as a deity or deities. Others try to follow the will of the Force, or what they believe to be the will of the Force. Still others try to maintain balance within themselves or the galaxy. Some work as peacekeepers and help those in need, while others seek their own gain without caring what happens to people. One can never truly understand the Force...even with all the knowledge about it throughout the galaxy, I believe that's just the tip of the iceberg."

"Why what? Why do I believe that what is known is just the tip of the iceberg?" Kuxirra had been thinking while she had been looking around, and she had an answer ready. "Everything has a hand in the Force, and the Force has a hand in everything. That goes for things dead and alive, Force-sensitive and non-sensitive, human and Vong or Bryn, vornskr and ysalamir. We can't truly understand one without the other. Everything in the galaxy is interconnected in one way or another. If it's not through the Force, it may be through beliefs or ecosystems."

"I don't know...it's a feeling." Kuxirra said, suddenly unsure of herself. "I can't explain it...I—I don't know if it's the Force telling me or my gut or my mind or an instinct or something else...but that last bit about being connected through things besides the Force...no one taught me that." she looked down at her hands folded in her lap, unsure of what else to say. "It makes sense, but it doesn't."

53950.gif

Equipment:

They still had a ways to go before reaching their destination so there was still a lot more time to focus on the lesson at hand.

Why is it, "Just a feeling"? What are the feelings? I'm asking about YOUR perspective. Not your Mother's, not your Father's, no one but yours. YOUR perspective. Not something you researched, not something you think I might want to hear.

This may seem pointless, and annoying, and it was... for him too. However he was going somewhere with this, and they had to take this route to get to it.

ZhUyygm.png

"I don't know why it's just a feeling." Kuxirra sighed, closing her eyes. What were the feelings? She asked herself. "Certainty, yet uncertainty. Clarity, yet confusion. Conflict, yet peace..." The Togruta opened her eyes. "I...I don't understand."

53950.gif

Equipment:

Ask any of his Padawans in the past, Caltin Vanagor is a pain in the neck to learn from, but when you get where he wants you to be, it is in an experience. This was no different as he clicked his tongue, winked, and pointed Kux's way. Neither do I. No one does or ever will and if anyone tells you differently, they are wrong or lying to you.

Finishing his tea and getting up, Caltin clapped his hands together. Okay. Every single living being is in touch with and connected to the Force itself. It speaks to us, bonds us all together. That does not mean that everyone can respond. You and I are no different in that regard, we both hear the call of the Midi-chlorians. I mean sure, I can hear it a little better than you can, but still, I am no better in that regard than you are. It's just a matter of figuring out how you hear the call.

Reaching out through the Force and pulling a Holocron into his hands, on whose markings look eerily similar to some of the tattoos on his arm, he continued. When I was first "finding my voice", you might say, I imagined a great hand doing all of the heavy work, like Pulling through the Force. Or Levitating.

Of course, he was levitating the device at this point. Then the beeping of the ship dropping out of hyperspace came up.

We're going to have to table this for the moment, I promise, I will teach you, but I wasn't prepared to get here this fast.

ZhUyygm.png

Last edited:

53950.gif

Equipment:

Alright, Padawan, what you are about to see, who you are about to meet. You are not to pass it on to anyone, anyone. The sentient we are about to meet is one that is of legend but is also one that values privacy.

He was vague on purpose, but if she studied up on her history, Kuxirra would soon understand why. The Bendu was not happy to see Caltin, not because of their last conversation, but because he had brought a guest.

“I am not a gracious host.” The voice, ever booming could be heard over the ridge. Caltin let out a sigh as he led the Togruta Padawan over it. She would indeed see the sentient of Force legend sitting in his ever-present overseeing… “seat.”

While it was not my plan to bring her, I trust in her ability to keep a secret, and with respect, you should too.

“I don’t care about secrets, ‘Boulder boy’, I once sought you out, do you not remember? She is not ready.” Turning to Kuxirra, he was not one to be outright mean to others. “Young one. I am sure that you will have a long, wonderful, and fulfilling life as a Jedi, do not take offense to what I say. You are not ready to need to hear what I have to say, therefore you are not ready to need to see me.”

Yeah, he was vague, he was confusing, but that was the Bendu. “Tell me, Vanagor. What brings you?”

This.

Reaching out through the Force, Caltin went to lift the bottled water out of his satchel and it went flying high into the air.

… this…

Again, reaching out through the Force, Caltin went to push a rock in front of him and it went flying the tree right next to the Bendu. The being did not flinch but raised an eyebrow.

… and among other things… this…

Bending over, and touching the ground, Caltin brought a bolt of lightning down on him. Yet somehow, he didn’t flinch either. He simply stood erect, his body electrically charged. Once the light show wore down, he shrugged wearily.

I’m not going to be a lab rat, yet it is clear that there is an issue here, and I must find a cure.

“‘Cure’, you say? Are you sick?” The Bendu asked in his normal pain in the neck kind of way. “You act like you are invalid, yet you do not know the source of your loss of focus.”

Caltin was confused.

Loss of focus?

“Yes. Your connection to the Force, you are losing your focus to it. Do not misunderstand, you are still strong in the Force, but the connection each of us has is like a lens. Once in a while, it must be cleaned.” The Bendu said simply.

So this is a normal thing?

“Oh no,” he said laughing, ignoring Caltin’s dirty look. “I have only seen this one other time, but there is a way to address it.” A few moments of silence went by, the Bendu was clearly enjoying Caltin’s agitation.

… AND?

“Your answer lies in that little toy in your satchel. I believe you call it a ‘Holocron’.”

NOW Caltin was confused.

What does my Holocron have to do with this? I haven’t even used it in eight hundred years. I found it in the Silver Archives with a piece missing.

Now it was the Bendu’s turn to shrug. “Your answer lies in that missing piece, which lies on the planet that your good friend… your ‘little sister’ is convalescing on.” Now Caltin was not confused, he was mad. Ala was taken somewhere to convalesce from her injuries from the Bryn’adul invasion. He did not know where for a long time. Of course, now he is going back there, it’s perfectly fine, but she is going to want to go with him and he cannot allow it. No matter how healed she is, she is in no shape to go with him where he needs to go.

That’s it? Go there? Get the piece of my Holocron and all questions will be answered?

“You are not naive, friend, do not act like it. Your questions can only be answered in one place, but you must find the starting point. There is an ‘arrow’ if you will in your little toy. You just have to open it. Now if there isn’t anything important to talk about, I need a nap.”

You know, I have come here when you have needed me, that's all of the "help" you are going to give me?

The Bendu just looked at him angrily. "You are the one who never wants help from anyone. I am simply obliged to your personality. However, if you truly need the help you ask for. You must get the piece of your little toy on Jakku, and then you must go to where you once called "home" when we knew each other long ago. The ones who can help you have not been found for a long time but it is them who have the knowledge to help you. Your situation will only deteriorate, but I can tell you that meditation and the abilities of a healer, a well-versed, well-experienced healer can slow the process. You will also need to tap into some of the skills to which your friend here may not want to see. Will that help?"

ZhUyygm.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom