Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Living The Life Of Pablo Escobar [Open Voss Raid],

Allies: Silver Jedi Government, Military,
Adversary: [member="Jalek Sathora"]
Location: OSJ Government Bunker (Beneath the Capitol Building)

OOC
Just a heads up, H3xle is a snarky one. Any snark present in the post is entirely IC and not meant to cause drama, salt, or bruised egos/feelings.

'Why do people feel the constant need to do things violently,' the blue slicer known in the community as H3xle, but currently in the persona of Daina Adcock, Vice President of Infrastructure Management for Corellia Digital, thought to herself as she stood well apart from the government employees that huddled over news feeds covering the action up on the surface. Her two droid assistants, a BB unit designated BB21 and a protocol droid designated C4-PI, stood near her with the eternal patience of near sentients with nearly unlimited bandwidth and the ability to play Holonet games in their heads. She called them Toon and Pie. When not on a business trip, she was often working on random upgrades to one or the other of them, and they were often very helpful in her less than licit activities. 'It's almost as if finesse were a thing people flat out ignored in the modern era.'

H3xle was watching the coverage as well, but she had AR glasses that let her smugly not have to crane her neck to watch a tablet or stare up into a screen.

Suddenly, her feeds started to go buggy.

"Hey, what's happening to the news feed?" One of the government employees she had been showing some of the newest Corellia Digital management hardware to said in his loud, nasally voice. It was quickly taken up by the rest of the employees in the bunker.

"Pie, check the Holonet connection." She told her protocol droid as she stepped back into the shadows and brought up her arm borne computer. They were on government servers, behind IC and Firewalls, but connected to the civilian infrastructure to allow communication. Her first glance through the system, which she wasn't supposed to have direct access to, showed nothing out of the ordinary on any of the Capitol's nodes. Tapping a few times on the screen, she brought up an AR display in her glasses and began to swipe, scroll, and pinch at the air.

"Ms. Adcock, there is an unknown disruption in the Holonet connection coming through public node Aesh-One Seven." Pie reported to her. She nodded and moved her display with a few deft movements to show her the node in question. There looked to be a program doing automated slicing work on the node. It had been tagged as suspicious by the nodes system, but no system admin had taken a look yet. As she watched, the automated slicing was replaced by swift, practiced activity and a second utility that spread to the nodes nearby more swiftly.

"Pie, Toon. Someone is hacking into the public nodes of the communications network. Find a terminal down here and connect to it. Lock down the government nodes connected to the public network." She looked around and found the government information technology agent that had brought her in to show Corellia Digitals wares. "Use my access...do you remember what we talked about a month or so ago, using hyperspace computations to generate secure keys?"

"Yes. You were postulating that using a set starting point in space, and calculating the trajectories a ship would need to make a hyper space jump to a system would provide a unique key that would be very complicated to duplicate due to the necessity to calculate real time data for hyper space jumps. A slicer would need to know not only the specific starting point and destination system, but also the precise point in time the jump would be initiated to be able to calculate the key...further..." The voice of her droid companion fell off as she motioned for him to stop. She was typing in the air on a pair of AR keyboards.

"Yes, exactly. I am sending you a starting point and a list of seventeen planetary systems. Rotate the keys generated using those systems. Do a hard link with Toon to increase the processing power." Pie acknowledged and Toon whistled as they took off for the communication terminal near the door of the bunker. At the moment, there wasn't much she could do for the public networks. Libraries, news networks, and personal holonet access would likely be corrupted, but her droids would be able to keep whoever was trying to take advantage of the distraction above from gaining free access to the government networks.

She approached Todd, her IT contact on Voss, and pulled him aside.

"Todd, you've got a problem." Todd looked askance at her, then over at her droids who were networked together and both plugged into the communications terminal.

"What's the problem?" He asked, masking the fear he felt quite well, though the strain in his eyes was obvious to H3xle.

"You've got a slicer trying to take over the planetary comm net. I don't know if it's an affiliated slicer with the group wrecking up the city above or just an opportunistic one, but he's got a sophisticated wurm burrowing through the public nodes and isn't half bad himself. I've got Pie and Toon playing keep away with the keys to the government nodes, but that's only a stop gap measure. I need you to get your system admins on rebooting as many of the public nodes from backed up images. That will reduce the power for the wurm to use and make it have to focus on taking those nodes back. I'm going to add my skills to keeping the government nodes from being taken." She spoke swiftly, but clearly. Todd looked a bit blind sided, but recovered well.

"Alright...I'll get those nodes turned over." He said, pulling a pad from his pocket and beginning to type into it. As H3xle was turning away, he looked up for a moment. "Daina...thank you."

She nodded, then moved swiftly over to her droids. She opened an auxiliary port on Toon and plugged her wrist pad into it as she settled onto the floor and leaned back against the wall. She then initiated her slicing package in the pad and began to work.

Working from inside the government nodes allowed her to move fast. She opened up code gates around each of the government nodes that touched the public networks. It was another stop gap measure, but one that was very quickly deployable, yet hard to circumvent without the keys that her droids were generating. She then let her fingers fly as she watched her visual display of the networks in her glasses, saving fresh images of the government nodes to her personal disk in case of corruption, then adding her skills to their defense.

Break moved towards his friends as fast as he could, but a speeder is much faster than a bipedal droid on foot.
However the longer trip was more than physically taxing. As a droid programmed to feel compassion this was more than distressful.
He watched as the War dogs ripped through the city destroying buildings. Even a building meant to take multiple hits would sustain damage from a continual barrage like this and if even one building fell it could compromise other buildings structures with its weight and momentum. Civilians ran passed him in a fearful panic. children separated from their parents and people trampling others for the sake of their own safety.
Break cursed his programming as he ran passed them into the fray.

He made a mad dash to [member="Miss Blonde"] s location, but before he could make it He caught sight of a small child struggling to move what looked to be a boulder about 10 times their own size. He wondered why she would ignore the rest of her kind and stay in one spot. Perhaps she dropped her toy and a mass of rubble trapped it. Break figured he could perhaps get the child her toy and hand her to some other person eventually finding her family. He approached swiftly and went to move the boulder with his immense strength only to find the child crying for its mother. a small pool of blood beneath her tiny feet had all too well shown Break what sort of bleak outlook this attack had given this small child. Break looked around no more people traveled this way only war dogs setting out to finish what they started.
Break looked to the small girl and picked her up, she pushed as hard as she could to get back to the ground and help her mother but Break couldnt leave her there despite her wishes. Throwing her over his shoulder he would avoid war dogs where he could and attempted to look for a swifter way to Blonde. Soon enough the child went quiet and gave Break the chance to move freely. He deftly made his way around the city until he found a speeder bike. It was beaten and a bit old but it was better than running Break started the rust bucket up and strapped the girl to his back. Break made his way towards his friend. He could see Blonde in the distance. The child still asleep on the back of the speeder bike was covered by his cloak. He would join them soon enough

He was home free

Willa was looking at the reports and wondering a number of things as she sat there with her soldiers. The ranger's were roaming around and on the planet working with the locals forces. Hell she was wondering how everything seemed to be bypassed and even more spawning on the planet but that was a question for a different day with the likes of [member="Arisa Yune"] about what forces might be able to do things... or something. Really she was bored and her amusement drained of such situations like this when reports that jedi were being targeted for capture and barely even any resistance except from some pockets on the capital planet or a long standing and fairly large group was. Confused her to no end so she was moving her ranger's up to see more of the people herself working with them to present a plan. Her sniper rifle was in her hands as she sat there and started firing off a shot into the invading forces working with the local technological savvy beings on the world. Under the ranger's they developed themselves into a unit that helped the ranger's to get more things to go after outsiders who didn't respect the land like these things invading that she saw one of them smash into a rock... with another ones arm. Then fire off a rocket launcher into a vehicle that was coming past them. The commander spoke motioning as a team of the Voss spoke. "Commander Isard there are reports from the city of attacks and the temple, the nightmare lands so far are quiet. Though from the reports most of the jedi seem to have been teleported offworld, the silver jedi had no one there." Willa was looking at it and spoke. "It is as I suspected then, inform [member="Coci Heavenshield"] to avoid the shellfish. The temples septic system this day has likely been overloaded with the rivers of..." her voice trailed off when she fired a sniper shot that got one of them free before her mind was back to rambling. "Where was I? Oh yes ah make sure they are all alerted and see what information you can gather about the attackers to relay it to the Grandmaster and other leaders of Voss. They might like to know who is attacking and killing their people." She had a few thoughts now though going over it. "And all of that toilet paper the padawans cleaned off of the temple, go and give it to the jedi. THe force just provided us a solution to a problem.

Objective: Defend the inhabitants of the Academy
Allies: Silver Jedi Order & Friends ([member="Domino"], [member="Gir Quee"], [member="Willa Isard"])
Enemies: Terrorists ([member="Break"] [member="Miss Blonde"])

In an odd twist, some of the remaining War Dogs began firing off rockets at the temple, rockets that would have been useful in taking down her heavy infantry units before. As Directorate forces opened fire on these War Dogs to stop them, she ordered her own droids to prioritize every War Dog with launchers. She fired upon the War Dogs herself, favoring speed over accuracy with her shots to incapacitate the enemy droids long enough for her own units to finally overwhelm them.

The War Dogs managed to land some hits on the temple, but this battle looked to be just about over, friendly forces now vastly outnumbering the few pockets of resistance that remained. Now it was just a mop-up operation at this point. Even more friendly units were inbound as General Isard had begun to mobilize the Rangers all across the planet and beyond.

Looking at the tactics now being employed by a desperate enemy, it gave her a chill thinking about what kind of havoc the War Dogs could have wrought if they had been allowed inside the temple. Judging by the appearance of only a couple infantry types, it looked as though their enemy had expected light resistance against only Jedi, but there obviously been a gross miscalculation on their part. After several previous attacks, the Silver Jedi had begun to learn from their shortcomings and gradually improve their defenses.

[member="Gir Quee"]
[member="Joza Perl"]
[member="Miss Blonde"]
[member="Lt. Sage"]
[member="Roshki Belawiiks"]
[member="Cyrus Falcor"]
[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]
[member="Coci Heavenshield"]
[member="Thoja Arlos"]
[member="Valkren Calderon"]
[member="Amelia Morvos"]
[member="Jericho"]
[member="Audren Sykes"]
[member="Akio Diachi"]
[member="HK-46"]
[member="Domino"]
[member="Break"]
[member="Willa Isard"]

Cyrus pushed the speeder to the red line. The BTS ship was visible in the distance. The distance was becoming shorter but he'd need to do something drastic to make it in time.

There was an overturned speeder on fire ahead, Surgeon aimed for it and as it came close, he turned side ways and launched the pair of passengers onto the ramp of Black Tie shuttle. The Jedi landed hard and flopped into the deck. Cyrus landed and quickly dragged the Jedi inside.

Cyrus moved the Jedi to where the other hostages were kept and flopped him down hard. Binding his hands and feet, Cyrus turned to alert Blonde of his arrival onboard.

[member="Miss Blonde"] [member="Lt. Sage"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Akio Diachi"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Jalek Sathora"] [member="Mabbik"]

Allies: [member="Tydus Wryeens"], [member="Miss Blonde"], [member="Roshki Belawiiks"], [member="Cyrus Falcor"]
Enemies: [member="Mabbik"], [member="Audren Sykes"]?
Gear: Two Hardline Pistols, Vortex Shotgun, Vibroblade, Three Vibroknives, Jump pack, Stolen Lightsaber,
Objective: Get us the hell out of here.

Watching from the cockpit as a blue force field started to rise and activate along the city only made me smile. Really? Just a shield and a few ships to stop me? As all the others began to pile on the ship, I lifted it off the ground as soon as the Surgeon made contact that he was on board. Lifting the ship off the ground, A starfighter was coming our way. Looking around, I found what I needed. As with many of the Voss' taller buildings, It had a rather wide underhang. Instead of pulling straight up, I brought the ship around to go underneath. The bottom and the top of the ship was scraping along the surfaces. There might be a little bit of sparks.

If the ship were any bigger, or the building any smaller, I wouldn't have been able to fit the ship through.

"Arresix. Turn on all cannons to Ion. Concentrate two of them to the front, Others on a swivel. Make sure nobody gets close to us."

Chirps came from down the hall as a confirmation as we made it out. As soon as we pulled up, The starfighter tried to get behind us. Trying to keep his "air superiority" on his side of the field. Too bad I knew how to fly around this man like it was my job. Pulling straight up, I made the ship almost come to the point of stalling, and let the ship drop as the fighter was catching up. Letting it fall, I turned on the engines to come up behind the man.

Firing the P9000's I had on either side of the hull of the ship, Auto Locking systems brought it to take out the ship's wings with a few shots. Letting the ship drop from the sky.

"Keep all hand and legs in the ship at all times Ladies and gents. It's about to get bumpy."

Turning off the P9000's, I then put that power to the thrusters, and turned the shields over to the front of the ship. Making sure as much power as I could to the nose. I then aimed the ship straight for the shield. HK, and R6 began to fire the ion cannons into the shield. Sure, it may be a shield, but it wasn't a particle shield. It was meant to protect from orbital bombardment, and attacking from ships using proton cannons and the like. Ion Cannons, and a full ship size? No way in hell.

the ion cannons drain shields faster than lightsabers. While city sized shields won't drain by one ships cannons, the point was to fire on them so it would weaken the shield enough for one purpose. To weaken it just enough, that the shields I had fortified on the front of the ship, would act as a battering ram of the ship. Punching a hole through it long enough for the ship to pass through.

Just as this is so, I did it. Using the ship's shields as a battering ram, I hit the shield. With the speed we were going at, The ship jerked violently forward as though we ran into another ship. But before anyone could say. "Hey, that was my coffee you spilled." I punched the ships thrusters with the rest of the reserve energy. Making it through, I tried to pull us out.

"HK, Fire on the ships trying to take us down. Blonde, See if your ships up above can clear us a path."

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[media] https://youtu.be/ECbCJJa7Q-M [/media]​
With Break, Cyrus and the captives onboard, Miss Blonde had fully expected [member="Jalek Sathora"] to lower the planetary shielding before they passed through the atmosphere. But apparently Sage was a good enough of a pilot to handle that himself. However that did leave them mildly compromised in case they needed to return to the planet. But now all that left was the interdiction field that was keeping them from making the jump to lightspeed. Which of course Blonde had a plan for.

The brave and fearless space captain @Girr Quee had done a great job of rendering the pod carriers dead in space causing them to float towards the paid of close daragon corvettes that had been producing the gravity well of an interdiction field. And when they were close enough and the marine detachment of droids entered the cargo hold of the carriers they'd get to gaze upon their doom. Stocked to the brim with Empion Mines they got to see a small green light flashing suddenly turn red along with the company of a long digital beep.

"That's all folks." Blonde said as her finger was pressed firmly on the data logger.

The ships exploded with a electro magnetic pulse wave and headed straight for the corvettes and surrounding ships. Would it destroy or offline them completely? Maybe, maybe not. But it sure as poodoo would weaken that interdiction field enough for their ship to make the jump to hyperspace.

So pulling up behind sage in the cockpit the gas masked woman punched in the astrogation and hyperspace coordinates and then punched it. The lights of hyperspace started to strain as the field still might of been active. Parts of the ship started to rattle and even plating started to tear off. But within the weakened state the ship pushed forward and left the system.

And that ladies and gentlemen was how you crime.

[member="Break"] [member="Cyrus Falcor"] [member="Tydus Wryeens"] [member="Lt. Sage"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Akio Diachi"] [member="Joza Perl"] [member="Jalek Sathora"]
OOC
I want to thank everyone who came out to make this a fantastic thread and I hope we can all write again together as well as base future threads off the actions of this one. For everyone who actively participated and wasn't acting mildly hostile please pm me and I will hook everyone up with a reward for this thread. Rewards can range from force imbued weapons to charms and trinkets! Again thank you everyone who joined and please pm me so we can get you a shiny new prize! Yes, even Jedi. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom