Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Let Us Make Dummy Thicc Space Stations

In kind of a more comprehensive argument, I think that civilian space stations are the epitome of 'fluff' when it comes to the factory. They don't need to be balanced for combat like a military space station would because they aren't meant to be used in combat (and if they were used and abused, I imagine that they would be reported).

Just really don't think there needs to be an advanced system of limitations when it comes to civilian space stations.

We all fall in parallel
I feel like that's a false equivocacy, lol. I also don't think that just because they've changed one rule, they should have to change another. The hard limits exist to prevent silliness and exploitation.

My thoughts when it comes to this is why would you need a station that large to begin with? 80 km for a Unique Civilian station is already huge. If there's a legitimate argument as how a larger civilian station could truly enhance any story, I'm game to hear it, but I personally don't see it. If anything, I think it creates more fluff, whether its intentions are such or not. But that's just my opinion.

Again, if there is reason to believe that this sort of thing can truly enhance a story, sure! Go for it. But me personally, I just don't see it.

Probably because you're not supposed to use the Codex as a means to circumvent the Factory

9X5H56H.png

We all fall in parallel
Adjusts glasses

A workaround for the factory would involve creating a space station that was armed to the teeth or some kind of military station to use for role-play in PvP scenarios.

I thought we were talking about civilian stations.

That's not what the ruling says taken directly from the Codex Space Station template i posted just before. Technology includes way more than just weapons. I understand this is a civilian station we're talking about, but it still falls into the same criteria.

Takui Takui is right.

Factory/Codex isn't mandatory and shouldn't be. Imo there is no reason to expand the civilian space station limits for factory or codex.

You can get what you want without subing it to either codex or factory. Just roleplay it out and it will be yours. You can quite literally type into existence whatever you want as long as it does not break the rules. If its reported then find one of the many types of massive space stations in canon. Boom issue solved

Varin Elatar

V
While the title of the discussion makes me want to hit my head on the wall. It does lead me to ask the following:

• If its a civilian station and it isn't armed. What does it matter what size it is?

• If one is able to use the codex to achieve what is being asked for here. Why isn't it possible to archive the same in factory? Not everyone wants to use the codex.

• Kuat itself is in a order of magnitude larger than what is being asked for, exists on chaos and is arguably a military installation. Why then is a civilian station so controversial?

• You as a role player can ignore whatever seems ridiculous to you, In all likelihood if somebody made a station 500km in diameter none of you would ever interact with it. So again why does it matter?

Edits: Grammar

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a civilian station and it isn't armed. What does it matter what size it is?

I'd wager that's because the Admins don't want us mass-producing moons or massive space stations that have dozens of submitted fluff components when each one should be treated with better care, and properly fleshed out as setpieces.

If one is able to use the codex to achieve what is being asked for here. Why isn't it possible to archive the same in factory? Not everyone wants to use the codex.

Probably because the factory is more technical based than the codex. As mentioned above these large stations are usually unique locations - one would think that demands a significantly bigger portion of world-building that the factory doesn't offer. I don't know about you, but I much prefer the lore behind such big stations, rather than a copypasta component list.

If they don't want to use the codex, they don't have to. If people want to ignore anything ridiculous, they can. But, I think it's kinda silly to demand larger civilian stations... when there's an avenue already in place to create them.

I mean. I make random planets with no name just to rp on that don't need to show up on the map. If we really want to be able to sub huge civilian space stations, just make it a planet sub/make it so planet subs can be those kinds of space stations.

Varin Elatar

V
I'd wager that's because the Admins don't want us mass-producing moons or massive space stations that have dozens of submitted fluff components when each one should be treated with better care, and properly fleshed out as setpieces.

I don't think anybody is talking about mass production scale here. If thats a concern, make it anything larger than 80k must be unique. That problem is solved. And again even if it is mass produced who exactly is harmed in this scenario, who is the wounded party? There is none.

Probably because the factory is more technical based than the codex. As mentioned above these large stations are usually unique locations - one would think that demands a significantly bigger portion of world-building that the factory doesn't offer. I don't know about you, but I much prefer the lore behind such big stations, rather than a copypasta component list.

If they don't want to use the codex, they don't have to. If people want to ignore anything ridiculous, they can. But, I think it's kinda silly to demand larger civilian stations... when there's an avenue already in place to create them.

So factory is optional, codex is optional but if you want a station larger than 80km you suddenly make codex mandatory. Do you see the problem there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom