Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let Slip the Dogs of War [Protectorate Invasion of Druckenwell]

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
Location - The Capital
Mission - Providing aerial and ground support from his Lucrehulk ''The Pride of Serenno'' hovering just above the city.
Allies - The CIS
Enemies - The Protectorate

The Count had been attending to business on Druckenwell just before the attack, and upon hearing that the planet had come under attack, decided he'd offer his own military forces to aid the CIS in defending the Capital. He transmitted a message to all CIS troops down below. ''This is Count Veril Morcus, aboard the Lucrehulk-class Battleship ''Pride of Serenno'', ready to provide aerial and ground support in the defense of the city, and to deploy my forces when required. Awaiting orders!''

[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]
[member="Seanna Vel"]
[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]
[member="Sophia Walsh"]
[member="Keziah Tal'Verda"]
[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]
[member="Marek Starchaser"]
[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]
[member="Atretes Rhoujen"]
[member="Morna Imura"]
[member="Neskar A'toll"]
[member="Eldoc Quasat"]
[member="Oliver Walsh"]
[member="Salem Norongachi"]
[member="Ikki Ike"]
[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]
[member="Tricia"]

Location Il Avari - the capital
Objective - senior civil servant organising the evacuation

OOC: I'm going to do some posts from the POV of civilians caught up in the evacuation. I hope this is ok?

Dr. Malcolm Lask was not having a good day. To be frank, he was having a terrible day. He stood at the back of The Hub's main control suite and watched the screen that took up hundreds of square meters before the busy staff.

He had been rudely woken just an hour ago, in the small hours of the morning. By the time he'd reached The Hub, thirty minutes later, chaos had already set in. He looked at the oversized map of Il Avali and sighed, running a hand through what was left of his thin, white hair.

The evacuation wasn't going according to plan, but that in itself was an achievement. They were within the bounds of an acceptable rate still. And he knew, he had been one of the key members who created the city's disaster plans. He had set the acceptable bounds for evacuation time.

Malcolm had received his doctorate in civil engineering over four decades ago. His long and distinguished career had led to him taking up ministerial advisory positions to several governments. For the last five years he had been the most senior civil servant in Druckenwell's Ministry of Transport. He was personally responsible to the Minister of Transport for delivering the city's Infrastructure Programmes.

He watched the map and traced out the pinch points. The first hour of the evacuation had mostly involved waking up the inhabitants, but now the gridlock was beginning to set in. He was still glad the Protectorate had decided to attack at four in the morning. They only had ten million citizens to move from within the warzone that had been described.

If Il Avali had been in the daytime he would have had twenty million. The population doubled with commuters each day. If they'd attacked at rush hour the infrastructure would simply have collapsed.

The richer sections of the city were evacuating rapidly. Those citizens often had their own air speeders. The problem was the blue collar districts. Tightly packed and with no personal land speeders, let alone air speeders. Great black regions were on the infrastructure in those areas. Apparently someone had programmed a colour to indicate something worse that red.

He noticed something and shouted out to one of his aides: "Get the police to get the civilians off the Memorial Park!"

"But that's an assembly point?"

"Because we're going to be landing a space freighter on it soon!" Malcolm "Clear the park!"

"On it!"

Malcolm strolled up and down the aisles of the Hub. This control centre managed the infrastructure and emergency services for the whole city. The main floor was huge, housing hundreds of staff, and the very latest systems kept tight control of the city. They were being stretched to breaking point.

The briefings with the Military had been … testy. They wanted all civilians out within three hours so they could start preparing the defence. He wanted every available soldier and shuttle helping with the evacuation of civilians. In the end they had settled on some achievable goals. Suburbs evacuated within two hours, the East within four and the West within six. The problem was not the capacity of the transport links. It was getting all of the citizens in the packed city to the transport hubs to evacuate.

It didn't give the military much time to prepare. They already wanted to start breaking his precious roads and making choke points to defend the city. They would have to wait. Military shuttles were making good gains in getting civilians off the ground and out of the combat zone.

At least, he reflected, his services would be in demand after this was finished. There would be a lot of infrastructure projects to complete to get the city back on its feet.

“How are the health services doing?” He asked one of the senior health service officials.

“Struggling, but we'll cope!” Came the reply.

The hospitals were running at capacity, the problem was that the emergency services needed to assist in the evacuation as well as complete their regular duty. Several civilians had already died due to the poor response times of ambulances this morning.

Malom knew that right now medical symbols were being painted across the roofs of key medical facilities. Even though patients were being evacuated, the facilities would remain open throughout the conflict. Their locations had already been sent in a message to the Protectorate forces, hopefully they would have enough time to ensure their forces didn't target them.

Malcolm approached one of his junior managers. The man was young, but exceptionally bright.

“Have we picked the locations for these space freighters on their way?” he asked.

“Nearly done. We're going to land them in the suburbs first, then as they arrive we'll direct them to pinch points,” he replied, showing Malcolm a datapad that had key locations marked near the areas of the city that were most gridlocked.

“Good, good.” Malcolm replied. The space freighters would be useful. The problem was they were one-hit-wonders. They could land, and pick up a few thousand citizens within a twenty minutes or so, but then that was it. They were gone. The civilian transports and trains could go back and forth to the designated refugee sites being set up by the military beyond the a hundred kilometers away. Once they were clear of the city they could worry about further off-world evacuations, but for now he would have to rely on and infrastructure scaled to cope with ten million commuters during rush hour.

If the freighters could relieve the pinch points, he might just be able to meet the target of six hours he'd agreed with the military. At least the suburbs were nearly empty, the plans required most transports to stop in the outskirts at first to allow the citizens from the inner city a clear run later in the day.

Luke Tyrell, one of his senior aides slowly approached him. “Malcolm, we need to talk about something...a little sensitive.”

“Alright,” Malcolm replied, and led Luke to one of the side rooms.

“We need to discuss which staff are going to remain once the twelve hours is up,” Luke said.

“Oh. Very good point. Hmm.”

“I could, perhaps, get one of the junior staff to quietly prepare a list?”

“People with families first?”

“Yes,”

“Fine. Look you're good at this kind of thing. Have a quiet word around. Let's see if anyone is particullay struggling, or determined to see the course yes?”

“Of course,” Luke replied with a firm nod.

“Oh, and make sure the Hub has been listed as a non-military facility that will remain open?”

“Of course,”

Atlas Kane

A
Mission: Drink tea, Evacuate civilians, Find out what's going on
Enemies: Anyone who's attacking civilians or causing trouble
Allies: Anyone who's helping

T
he nice scent of freshly made tea was in the air. The chatter and laughter of people could be heard in a small area aboard the space station. It was a small tea shop where people usually meet to discuss deals and other business matters. However one of the men there wasn't the usual businessman. He was wearing Atrisian robes and had a straw hat. He was sitting there with two fancy gentlemen who were talking with him about different things like tea, galactic politics, local politics, economics and other things. All three of them were drinking tea. The two fancy men were wearing black business suits and had top-hats on. They also had an Imperial dialect, most likely from growing up on one of the core worlds or in the Tingel arm, since that kind of accent was common in those regions. They just started laughing about a bad joke the Atrisian man told when suddenly a loud noise interrupted them. It was the station' alarm. Some people in the little shop immediately started panicking and running off towards the hangars while others kept their calm and stayed to find out what was going on. Soon enough a couple security forces came running into the small shop and told everyone to get out. The Atrisian man stood up calmly while the other two men were more agitated and nervous. They didn't have any kind of combat training nor did they have any kind of way to defend themselves. So it was understandable why they started running towards the hangars when the security personnel told them to evacuate immediately. Though the Atrisian man stayed behind for a second. He went towards the guards and said "Tell the next civilians you run into to get into an old XS-class Freighter if they don't have a ship, the security code is 265438." "But sir, with all due respect, all civilians need to be evacuated, that includes you!" "If my suspicions are correct enemy forces will probably enter the shipyards and you'll need every help you can get to defend it. I will stay and help defend the shipyards." With that he went a couple steps before turning back and saying "Don't you need to evacuate more civilians?" before going forward towards the the nearest security checkpoint to find out where his help would be needed if intruders were to enter the ship.

Objective: Fleeing
Character: NPC civilian David Janes.
Time: One hour after OP announcement.

David dashed down the darkened hallway of the eighty eighth floor of the Tansley building. He had to pause every so often as more and more residents spilled out onto the corridors with as many belongings as they could carry.

The building was in the least desirable district of the blue collar zone. Since the corporations of the Techno Union had so many robotic facilities and droid staff, a manual labourer like himself couldn't command a great wage. It was all he could afford for himself and Holly - his only daughter.

She was pressed tightly to him, still groggy. They'd been woken in the early hours by a military speeder rushing between the heights of the tower blocks, sirens blazing out the evacuation alarm. He had just grabbed some essentials for his rucksack - some food, water and money - grabbed Holly and fled.

The reached a crowd of people around the turbo lift shaft.

"They're down!" someone shouted.

David swore under his breath. "Sorry sweetie," he added after Holly gave him a disapproving glare.

He followed the crowd as they went for the stairwell, only to find a queue forming at the entrance. He could see people edging their way down the stairs ahead, one at a time. His heart raced, he didn't even know what was going on.

"What's happening?" he overheard someone ask ahead of him.

"It's an invasion!" someone cried.

"It's the Protectorate, they're going to invade the city."

"When?"

"How should I know?"

"I can't hear any fighting!"

"But look at all those military shuttles in the air!"

David turned to look at his sleepy daughter. Ignoring the sound of the general conversation around them.

"It's going to be alright sweetie." he whispered gently.

Not Ordo

Just under the upper hand.
OBJECTIVE: SCOUT SNIPER
ALLIES: CIS
ENEMY: OMEGA PYRE (don't care that the name changed)

Oryuken was alone and dressed in his Katarn armor. He was a clone anf a simple onr at that. He had belonged to the dread guard not long ago and seemingly over night he was very alone. His heads up display inside his helmet linked to the laser sniper rifle in his big hands. He was usually using the heavy repeater on his back but a recon commando had to wear many hats and today he was a sniper. He didn't really know who it was he was supposed to be fighting or why they were here but he knew how to squeeze this here trigger real good. He didn't know where Una was in all this. They had so many happy memories together. He like that but she had left to it seemed.

"Ahm In possition." He drawled over the secure comm as he looked out over the city. Laser powered sniper rifles had the range and didn't require windage adjustment he could hit a who lot of people from here.

[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]
[member="Seanna Vel"]
[member="Soliael Devin Talith"]
[member="Sophia Walsh"]
[member="Keziah Tal'Verda"]
[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]
[member="Marek Starchaser"]
[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]
[member="Atretes Rhoujen"]
[member="Morna Imura"]
[member="Neskar A'toll"]
[member="Eldoc Quasat"]
[member="Oliver Walsh"]
[member="Salem Norongachi"]
[member="Ikki Ike"]
[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]
[member="Tricia"]

Objective: Control the Evacuation.
Character: NPC Dr Malcolm Lask
Time: One hundred and twenty minutes after OP announcement.

Dr. Lask was deep in conversation with the man acting as the chief controller for the emergency response services. They were busy trying to prioritise locations for deploying medical aid around the inner city.

They were interrupted by the doors sliding open to reveal an officer in full battle regalia. A collection of officers followed in his wake.

"Oh dear, time for a progress report!" Lask complained.

"Looks like it, any word from the minister?" the controller replied, referring to the Minster of Transport.

"Nope," he replied. There probably wouldn't be for a while, he reflected. The fat Minster was nothing more than another puppet of the Techno Union. From his plush home outside the combat zone, he was probably having another nap.

Malcolm stood up and walked to meet the officer, with every assumption that this was going to be another ticking off for poor progress with the evac.

Instead the officer smiled warmly and shook his hand. "Colonel Strife of the 6th Search and Rescue division. We've been placed entirely at your disposal. What do you need?"

Malcolm shook his hand even more enthusiastically. "What have you got? We'll take it!"

"We're bringing all of our shuttles in from the coast and mountains as we speak. I can have two thousand men deployed within the hour. I have a three medical platoons ready to go."

A bright grin spread across Lask's face. This was the first surprisingly good news of the day.

"Over there is the man responsible for the medical responses. My aide Luke can talk you through the evacuation logistics. Have you got some techies, we'll need to patch you into our C3I system,"

The Colonel smiled blankly and turned to one of his officers. "You get all that Major?"

"Yessir,"

"Good, good. Do you have any coffee?"

Malcolm led the Colonel away and went back to work. He noticed a hubbub down on the lower floor. Agitated members of staff were rushing too and fro. On the main screen he could see a flashing red light and emergency services units converging on the location.

"What's going on?" he asked a member of his team.

"It's one of the blue collar districts sir. There was a crush of civilians as they all emerged from the tower blocks. We've got so many casualties and we can't get close to them."

"Are the tower blocks empty?" he asked.

"No, there are still thousand of people trying to pour out into the streets, and there's no where to go!"

"Colonel!" he shouted. "I want rescue shuttles on the roofs of those tower apartments. I want two way evacuation to relieve that site!"

What a dammed mess. He'd seen the models, things should have been more seamless than this. At least the suburbs were emptying. The trains were now reporting red, not black and more and more shuttles were arriving the evacuate people far from the city. If the promised freights could arrive soon and start easing the pressure it would make the situation better. Hundreds dead in a panic crowd. Damnit. The Minister would notice this, at least.

Obective: Defend the Capital
Allies: CIS, [member="Darth Kentarch"], [member="Salem Norongachi"], [member="Atretes Rhoujen"]
Enemies: OP, PUBs
Music Selection: This is WAR - 30 seconds to Mars

Smiling as the Cadet had not even recieved the message yet of their being twelve hours before we had to fight, I tipped my fingers and almost as I had summoned the message itself it appeared on his communicator. Deciding to chat up the man, I spoke to him as he took his helmet off. "How long have you been under the Lord Commanders teachings Cadet? Curious as how you came to be trained by him don't you see?"

I took a sip of my beer followed by inhaling some of my kolto cigar. Only to have a voice crack over the com sitting on the arm of my chair. A Count had come. I smiled as he brought a ship for reinforcements. I huffed as I shook my head. The other men were watching me to see how I would respond. Plucking it from the armrest, I clicked on my side and spoke, "[member="Count Morcus"] I am glad to see you here, but if you do not mind, Send a shuttle down to see me so we may speak face to face. You can never be too cautious when on a Communications link."

I hoped that by getting the man out of the air, I could talk to him about our plans that already have been made. You see, some of the ideas of combatting drop pods have only been done once before. and I did not want him, or his men stuck in the crossfire of what WILL be happening. Letting in another wave of smoke from my cigar, I let the smoke leave my mouth in O rings to wave above the holomap in the open as though it were artificial clouds for the coming battlefield.

Objective: Fleeing
Character: NPC civilian David Janes.
Time: 150 mins after OP announcement.

David held onto the small, increasingly stiff bundle with all of his remaining strength. He didn't feel. He couldn't understand why he didn't feel.

Instead, there was an increasingly dark, numb void growing within him. He wanted anger; he wanted tears. Was the cold , ever expanding emptiness despair?

He had tried. When the panic and pushing had started at the back of the crowd, he had shouted, he had scream and he had pushed. It had been of no use. The press of a thousand bodies in the confined spaces was more than he could imagine.

Trapped somewhere on the midst of that pile he had been powerless to move, so he had just held onto her. He had felt the life slowly leaving her. He could vividly recall the last attempt at a half breath, and then she had left him.

Cold. Numb.

He didn't respond or resist as the medics pried Holly away from him. He barely noticed them.

From within the emptiness something grew. A white hot ball of anger and pain. Finally.

He shrugged off the blanket that someone had placed over his shoulder to protect him from the early morning chill. He barely heard the sirens blaring. Didn't even react when the medics stopped attempting resuscitation on her. He already knew she had left him.

He turned and stormed through the crowd, back towards the Tansley accommodation block. He knew where he was going. The seventy fifth floor.

Location: Personally on Tatooine. The first wave of ships, however, are now entering Drunkenwell space
Objective: Evacuate Civilians.
Allies: CIS | Marek Starchaser
Enemies: 12 hour time limit

Spouting from the mottled tunnel of Hyperspace would be the first wave of a large transport fleet. Transponder codes would quickly identify them to the surrounding Confederacy and Protectorate Forces as belonging to Arceneau Trade Company and the South Systems Business Bazaar.

Hailing from an open comm, Captain Hyran Ja, a male Iketoch, would broadcast the following message.

[ To the Forces of the Protectorate and Confederacy of Independant Systems, this is Captain Hyran Ja of Arceneau Trade Company. We are here under orders of Danger Arceneau to provide civilian evacuation for Drunkenwell. Currently on course, we should be landing momentarily. ]

The first wave of Tempus Ardet Class Bulk freighters, over one hundred would move towards Drunkenwell. Coordinates of the docking bays would soon be relayed to guide them. The Ignis I Class Frigates and accompanying escorts would soon follow. Well over three hundred ships to provide evacuation services.

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
ALLIES: Protectorates, [member="Ayden Cater"], Moross, [member="Soliael Devin Talith"]
ENEMIES: CIS, [member="Kal Strife"]

Ships emerged out of hyperspace just to the right of the Protectorate fleet. Not a single ship over a thousand meters was to be seen. A small fleet made of small ships, unimpressive by galactic standards save for the curious construction of the majority of the craft. They almost appeared organic in shape, reminiscent of the Aing-Tii vessels, but somehow more sinister in design, like a thicket of thorns.

On the bridge of one of the Ithari Swarm Frigates stood Mors, a military fleet commander of the rank of Elevated. He looked out on the gathering before him, upon all the massive ships with their massive guns and their thousands of starfighters.... and he felt no fear. The bloodlust of Ithari, god of war and destruction, ran through his veins. He adjusted his cap over thick black hair streaked by auburn and turned to regard the bridge crew.

"Prepare target solutions."

- - -

The meditation chamber on the flagship Gorgoroth was small and dark. Enclosed in this chamber of durasteel sat a single figure in dark brown robes. A mask lay in front of him on the cold floor. His hood was thrown back, revealing horribly burnt features. If he had once been human, he barely resembled it now.

His purpose here was not to lead the fleet, though in another life he had done such things. He remembered that life as if it was a hazy dream, growing more indistinct with every passing day. The man breathed evenly and focused on his prayers to Liad, god of plagues. A rasping, pained muttering filled the durasteel chamber as the man cried out to the Aesir, pantheon of Moross.

OOC - Ship Listings -
Total: 17, 250
x15 Ithari-class Swarm Frigate
-850m x 15 = 12,750
-70 Turbo-lasers
-30 Ion Cannons
-10 Warhead launchers
-Speed: class 7

x25 Anemoi-class Corvette
-180m x 25 = 4,500
Armaments: 18 AG-2G quad laser cannons, 10 Quad Longshot Laser Cannons, 2 Tractor Beams
-Speed: class 5

Objective: Kill time for the rest of the remaining 12 hours.
Allies: OP
Enemies: CIS and this next round of Sabaac

A single sabaac card was held up between two fingers, a smirk grazing the young Icarii's face.

"Taking a hit?" she'd ask her fellow companions of the small game of chance. A nod from the Rodian before her sent that card over to him.

Playing a series of Sabaac games was likely not the most productive of means of killing time, but for Aeron, it was something to keep the boy's mind sharp.

In a few hours they would find out if they were fighting a war or merely occupying.

Taa Nul

Location - The Capital
Mission - Providing aerial and ground support from his Lucrehulk ''The Pride of Serenno'' hovering just above the city.
Allies - The CIS

The Count soon responded to Morna's request, a massive C-9979 landing craft flying out of the Lucrehulk's hanger before flying down towards the Capital, it'd land in the city park before lowering it's exit ramp. Morcus strolled down the exit, followed by his two Magnaguard protectors and a long procession of 11 Multi-Troop Transports filled to the brim with B1 Battle Droids ready for combat. The transports would begin unloading their passengers, each transport carrying 112 battle droids, who'd proceed to aid in evacuation efforts and bolstering the capital's defenses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtP5lSQgll8

Morcus soon arrived to meet with Morna, bowing his head politely. ''I was on the planet attending to business when I heard about this sudden invasion by the Protectorate. I thought I'd lend the Confederacy my aid in this battle. I've got troops, tanks, fighters and bombers deploying as we speak. Where do you need them in the capital?''

[member="Morna Imura"]

Objective: Control the Evacuation.
Character: NPC Dr Malcolm Lask
Time: One hundred and sixty minutes after OP announcement.

"We've got word from the military. We have relief shuttles in bound, that want landing points." One of the staff on the floor plate shouted.

Malcolm turned to the aide who had been plotting the landing zones and assigned transports to ports.

"Are we good?" He asked.

"I've worked it through the models and have tried tried to alleviate the pinch points. I just hope we have enough staff to stop the public swarming them when they land."

"Good," Malcolm replied, before turning to address the woman who had made the announcement. "Tell them where to land. Let me know as soon as you have confirmation that the attacking fleet has let them through!"

Obective: Defend the Capital
Allies: CIS, [member="Darth Kentarch"], [member="Salem Norongachi"], [member="Atretes Rhoujen"], [member="Count Morcus"]
Enemies: OP, PUBs
Music Selection: This is WAR - 30 seconds to Mars

So many things were happening at once. Standing up as I could see the ships of the Count come to set down towards the park, I heard over the com from the very ravishing [member="Danger Arceneau"]'s men that they were coming to our aid. I smiled and spoke into the com, "Transmission heard, Proceed to objective with good will and some air support Capitan" Walking out of the command base, I walked down the steps to see the Count standing before me. He had a familiar look to him as though he were from the past. However, I let that thought fade away as he spoke to me.

"Good, right that you should do so Count. I am going to tell you to deploy all troops wherever needed. Tanks will be set outside of the city to aid in taking down the drop pods and the troops that emerge from them. However, I will ask you nicely to keep the ships and bombers out of the sky. We have a plan in motion that will keep the air clear of any Protectorate forces. I just don't want you to have your men, or yourself shot down or hit because of getting stuck in the crossfire between the city and the ships."

I went to stop speaking, but then smiled and bowed. "Sorry to be rude, but I do not doubt you are ready for a battle. I just hope that you see what I am getting at." Taking another gulp of the cigar, I sent the smoke away from the man should he not want it blown towards him. "I know you are a good man, and can probably trust you with your troops. So I would like you to be near the front lines or near myself. Choose what you would like best count. We have plenty of time of rest for a little less than twelve hours to be ready."

[member="Sophia Walsh"]

Oliver looked at his sister and he had been hoping not to have it this early. His hand went through his hair as he spoke. "Well sis I am here to make sure someone doesn't shoot at you. Wouldn't be very brother like if me and dad had to explain someone got over zealous. I had actually hoped you wouldn't be here." He had a look while moving to help more people and offered an arm. "Come on bring it in."

Taa Nul

Location - The Capital
Mission - Deploying his droid army across the city to establish defenses and keep order during the evacuation.
Allies - The CIS
''Your concern is noted. I shall deploy some of my tanks around the city outskirts, as you say, while the rest of my forces get to work fortifying the city. I will command them from the city park, it has the space I'll require to set up a prefabricated base and comms arrays to communicate with my forces and my ship above the city. I'll leave the air defenses to you if that is your wish.'', he said, nodding politely to Morna before heading back to the city park.

Droid-army_zps53853e0c.jpg

Dozens more landing craft would fly out of the Lucrehulk above the city, deploying battle droids, AAT tanks and supplies to set up defensive emplacements around the capital and it's outskirts. His droid army set up a large prefabricated base within the city park, fortifying it and clearing landing areas for more of his landing craft before beginning to patrol the city streets, ushering any leftover evacuees towards the evacuation transports and quelling any looting or insurrection.

[member="Morna Imura"]

Eldoc smirked when he heard the order. That wouldn't be a problem. " All Obsidian Knights who are in the area please help me patrol the base, we have orders to engage anyone we come across in our perimeter. " He sent a separate comm to his apprentice. " Seanna, please come to me at once. I am just outside the walls beginning my patrol. We have to make sure no one is up to anything. " That was what he was afraid of enemy agents or something. After all not firing was just an excuse to prep your offense. He walked using sith magic to check for the aura's of anyone. All he saw so far was men up on the walls. This was going to be boring at this rate.

Capital
Allies: Himself - but I guess CIS
Enemies: Everyone - but mostly OP

War... what was it good for? Chaos. Chaos was good. He enjoyed chaos. The faint clacking of a cane on flagstones heralded the first showing of Disciple in quite some time. The ancient scientist was the faintest of Wounds in the Force, pain, dread and terror radiating off of him in great waves. Nearby, a girl was crying.

Well that's just no good.

Turning to look down the alley where a small girl was just inside the mouth, he frowned to himself, stitching of his lips pulling grotesquely as he did so. "Quiet, child." The Sith says, sounding for all the stars like a concerned father.

"Go away!" She says, not looking up. His vaguely hunched form walked over with the aid of his cane, and he leaned down to heft her up so that she could sit in the crook of her arm. She was no older than five, a small pale green twi'lek with her parents no doubt heading to the shelter.

"I can't do that, child. Uncle Disciple will help you." Hearing 'Uncle' got her to look up, but when she did, her tears were replaced with screams as she struggled to get away. He did not let her.

Humming to himself, he began walking down the street, screaming girl in arm and cane tapping on the stones. "Let us find the shelters, yes?"

His answer was a painful screech. How uncultured.

Objective: Defend the Obsidian Order Garrison
Allies: CIS
Enemies: The First Estate/Moross/Protectorate [member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

Tobias stood in the armory, attaching an electrum-plated cortosis gauntlet. He secured the straps soundly around his wrists, glancing at himself in the reflection of the burnished, golden alloy. Tanned features peered back at him, ruffled blonde hair hanging past his ears. He barely recognized the face. A new face. The body of a Firrereon. He'd had his spirit transferred into the brain-dead body after his uncle, Kasperli Shorn, had had him turned into a Garhoon. He refused to become that monster. Now he went by a new name and wore a different face, one that still startled him when he looked in the mirror.

Sighing, Cross looked away. Eyes fell upon a sword hanging in the armory. Murmegil. It whispered to him darkly, daring him to take it up once more. A vile blade, tainted by the Dark Side. Once, Tobias had been one of the Bladeborn, but no longer. He'd purged himself of darkness as he would purge the galaxy. Still, the sword might have use. He took up the blade and belted it to his hip. The familiar weight eased his spirits. His fingers played across the hilt before moving to the lightwhip coiled on his other hip. He would use the whip until it failed him. Murmegil would not be drawn until he had dire need of it.

The ex-Templar Knight strode out of the armory and toward the front entrance of the garrison. They were coming. He could feel it. Well, let them come. He would be waiting.

Oddball

This is what happens when you tap the glass
Capital City
Allies: CIS

Oddball wasn't the smartest clone in the world. He wasn't the most active, he wasn't a lot of things really. He did his job, he worked radios and cleaned equipment on deployments. He was a good soldier who did what he was told. He never talked back to a superior in his life dispite his mental conditions. But today, today was going to be a day where he was tested through it all. And for once oddball didn't say a word, no jokes wise cracks or talks of madness left his mouth. Standing on the streets with his standard blaster rifle in hand he looked up to the sky behind his visor and the thought of it all consumed him. Was he really about to kill his brothers? The people he was raised with from birth.

He was still a soldier, and he still had a job to do. And whether this was his last day in this life he would die knowing that he did his job and followed his orders. On the streets is where he stood, waiting for all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom