Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lend yourself for a single night

illyrian300.png

KING

As they came to seat themselves at the Head Table and the conversation began to ensue, the King looked to the Queen of Geminidae with his undivided attention. He took notice of a number of things. Not merely the information that the woman offered, yet the tone of voice she used, her specific dialect, and even the subtle tells of her character that differentiated her from those she had accompanying her. Such things were keenly needed when differentiating a Queen from a body double.
The topic of conversation effortlessly slipped away from the more mundane topics to something a bit more interesting. When the Honored guest of Illyria revealed that the young woman before the King and Queen was not merely a diplomat, but heir to the throne of Geminidae there was a small thought that blossomed in Adron's mind. He allowed no such reflection of this epiphany to reach his facial features, instead he turned his gaze to the young woman, Palm-Imer Palm-Imer . "How interesting. Utilizing your heirs as dispatched diplomats. It will give them quite a worldy knowledge of the galaxy while also subtly preparing them on how to handle those individuals used to being in a position of influence." He considered the aspect for a shallow moment, clasping two of his fingers against his chin in thought. He wondered on the positive aspects of such a system, yet they seemed almost immediately dwarfed by the potential negative outcomes. Perhaps it was merely because his own heir was yet in diapers and the thought of sending him into a harsh galaxy at any point in time was unwelcome to the King's mind.
Still, this was musing for another time.
Alessandra spoke of her husband in such a way that Adron let his lips curl into an amused smile. "Simply the words of a man in love with his Queen." He said, his eyes turning to Alessandra pleasantly before offering his guest the proper mount of attention.
As they sat, the subtle tells of the Dark Side of the Force flowed into the King of Illyria. He enjoyed the warmth that filled his core, undetectable by any aside from his treasured wife. The flower the Queen wore was working perfectly. It hid itself from even the most keen of senses while maintaining a powerful connection to the mad nether of the Dark Side.
"Ah, yes. Your gift was gratefully received." He said, raising his glass flute of wine in an appreciative salute. "It was marvelously crafted. So much so that I believe it rivals even some of the finer craftsmen on our own world. You are lucky to hold such skilled laborers in your employ." He complimented.
The pastries served with the wine were delivered and Alessandra was, as always, dutiful in the manner of which she saw to the hosting of their guests. It caused the King's eyes to land on her with a warm touch, his hand squeezing hers softly in silent appreciation of her tactful manner.
The Sovereign's words were met with an interested tone coming from Adron. "Well informed." He said, before clearing his throat ever so softly. "Yes. We both hold significant office in the halls of the Viceroyalty. Though my Wife is my senior in terms of dealings with The Confederacy our contributions to the Southern Systems are such that they generated a good deal of esteem necessary for a newly instituted Monarchy, making the success of our world that much more attainable." The man had a very keen way of offering open information in such a way that it seemed to be a closely hidden secret or something only those more privy would be aware of. Still, he did feel the need to reward the Queen's subtle probing with some slivers of silver and gold.
"When Alessandra and I first came to this world it was not by purpose. In fact, we both nearly died the first time we set foot on Illyrian soil. Yet, the dangers of this world were outweighed by the many splendors. So we took it for our own." He said, so casually as if the world had been a child's play thing or a simple knickknack.
When Alessandra was briefly counseled on an arriving member of the party, the King's eyes turned to place themselves at the same location as the Queen's. He did not pay the woman too much attention, instead turning his eyes back to the Queen and Heir of Geminidae. "You have ruled Geminidae for a long time and your people seem to hold you in esteem. Tell me, is there any advice someone of more experience would offer a King fresh to these waters?" Humility. It was a word that held a certain distaste in Adron's vocabulary. He often held no need to show humility. One reason was because there were few beings in the galaxy that rivaled him in the areas of knowledge and power. Still, such Titan's existed and he would not surpass them through stagnation of mind.
He was interested to see what the Queen would say in regards to his question.
wrappingpaper.png

Raphael Boucher

R
450.png

DANCE IN DARKNESS

His fangs were as sharp as razors, piercing through skin and flesh to create a well of life. His hands clenched the wrists of the woman he fed from until her hands were flushed from the rush of blood. He could hear her heart pounding in her chest, subtle bangs that were unheard to the common ear, but to his heightened senses he heard every beat as if they were his own. The crimson liquid rushed into his mouth and he swallowed it, allowing the warm rush to fill his stomach and sate the needs he'd held back all weak.

His hand kept the woman's head steady as he fed from her, taking long measured sips before finally pulling his fangs from her shoulder. A few stray tears fell from the raven haired woman's eyes as her hand came up to press a cloth to the wound in a single fluid motion. The off-white cloth quickly showed flecks of red peeking through the fabric, yet it subsided as quick as it began. The woman kept her head bowed silently as Raphael exhaled, allowing the blood he'd consumed to wash over him in a momentary high that brought with it a certain relief and clarity.

"My lord, did you get your fill?" The woman asked carefully, her free hand raising a second wet cloth to the man's lips, wiping away the blood with a soft touch.

"It was enough for a few days, thank you Cecile." Raphael said, nodding his head at the woman. The tears from her eyes were a reflex from the pain of his fangs entering into the woman, yet she did not seem disturbed or angered by the feeding. After all, it was why Raphael had taken the young, homeless girl into his service. O Positive blood was extremely rare on Illyria and it was a favored flavor to the Viscount. Normally Raphael would never look to feed outside of the privacy of his own castle, but necessity had taken prominence over preference and he was left little choice. He could not go another day without feeding and it would yet be several days before he could return to his castle, that was why he'd brought the young servant girl along with him. A snack for the long days to come.

The speeder pulled in to the landing pad for the Royal Palace and the Viscount's eyes fell on the woman. "Go now. The driver will take you to find lodging in the city. Rest for I will feed from you again before the week is out." He ordered her, only to be met with a meek nod of understanding. "Yes, My Lord." The door to the speeder came open and Raphael was quick to exit the speeder. One of the Palace Servants approached the man, gesturing to the main hall with a simple flourish of the arm. "This way, sir." Raphael wore a fashionable black and crimson suit with eggshell adornments. An appropriate garb for the evening, as this celebration was one where one should certainly be dressed to impress. He held a single red feather in his hand, yet he swiftly tucked it into his chest pocket as he entered into the main hall.

There was a subtle pleasure to the celebration that laid before them. So much so that Raphael curled his lips into a simple smile. No sooner than he broke into the smile than he heard a familiar voice approach from his side. His eyes turned and he looked to the beautiful young woman beside him with an approving expression. "Viscount Valencia. You look magnificent, my Lady." He said, pulling the feather from his lapel and handing it to the woman with a small smile. "Actually..." He paused for a moment before turning his eyes to the central dance floor. A few couples had turned to dance while most of the party goers took to food first, however Raphael was plenty full. "...honor me with a dance?" He asked her, holding a hand out to the woman carefully. As his eyes washed over the woman he could not help but feel the subtle pull of his heart, the need to get to know her more and more. It was such an odd thing, for how much he could not see himself in the girl, she looked so strikingly like her mother.
blackw.png

650.png

DANCING
Outfit: XOXO | Hairstyle
Tags:
Raphael Boucher

Something that Fleur was not used to just yet, was the socializing aspect of it. The parties that were not mandatory, but was something that was definitely a must for those wishing to make an impact. Parties and dinners opened up new aspects to garner favors and the like, in order to get a step up in the world. For party settings were a place where people would relax more and let the alcohol that flowed freely, to loosen lips. Secrets could be obtained and blackmail could be used against opponents. One just had to keep their own secrets close at hand and make sure that their own lips would not spill such valuable information.

However, as her vibrant blue eyes fell upon the man, a simple smile curved her lips while he spoke. ”Why Viscount Boucher. This old thing? I had it just simply waiting for me, so then I could simply change and arrive here as soon as possible.” Fleur said as she accepted the red feather from her father. It was a gorgeous colour and while she would have loved to have placed it within the other feathers that made up her wings, she simply moved to tuck it in just behind the blue bow in her hair; it would still be visible there and would stand out against the vivid blue. Then as he held out a hand, she angled her head slightly to the right as she playfully pondered about the request itself. After all, the woman had to play the part, it couldn’t look as if he and she knew that they were at all related. Spies lingered in the dark after all.

”Why of course My Lord, I would love to have this dance with you.” Fleur said as she moved to place an alabaster white hand within his own. When they were finally upon the dance floor, the smile remained upon her lips as they danced, but she spoke softly to him. ”You do know that you are more than welcome to stay inside my home for the duration of your stay while we sort through these military base plans.” The woman said as they danced and felt a slight twinge within her own throat to signify that she herself should probably feed when she got home. However, the reminder was only brought about because she could smell the scent of fresh blood upon the man’s tongue.

Her gaze became unfocused for the barest of seconds and the corners of her smile tweaked just slightly. The slight break in façade, was easily missable and no one would have noticed that the occurrence had even happened, but her movements did not miss a single beat within the dance they found themselves in. Fleur quietly cursed herself, but it wasn’t going to be something that was going to be a major issue. She was just going to have to make pre-emptive feeding times based on the hectic schedules that included public outings now as well. While having to consume such liquid was not strange to her, she just didn’t consume as much as other Sanguinius Vampirikas did.

Perhaps it wasn’t ideal, but consuming small amounts had been a thing for her for most of her life. Something which she hid from many alike and it seemed as if only the man before her knew that it was something that she needed to do from time to time. However, she apparently didn’t drink blood as often as he did and she was beginning to quickly see the differences. ”So My Lord, where do you actually find yourself resting at the moment?” Fleur paused for a moment as she took a quick sniff just for emphasis, ”I am also curious about something. The scent… It doesn’t quite smell the same as… The bagged stuff?” She questioned, while making sure to keep her jet black wings in nice and tight while they danced so that they wouldn’t be stepped on or brush up against by anyone else.

crystal.png

wrappingpaper.png
Wearing: X x X x X x
Seated Beside: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern
Tags: Raphael Boucher | Fleur Valencia Fleur Valencia | Fauvel Astier Fauvel Astier | Palm-Imer Palm-Imer | Xobos Yakieer Xobos Yakieer | Seren Maeve Seren Maeve

The voice of the Geminian Sovereign was everything that it should be. It reminded her of a hand-carved music box that she had received as a little girl. Everything about her seemed to exude perfect politically-correct politeness. If there was a dark thought in her head? They would not have known it. Alessandra prided herself on knowing the mannerisms of others fairly well. She had been born to the public eye. The Confederacy was nothing, if not, in the public eye.

One either wizened or, they did not.

Alessandra had always chosen not to get swept away with the populace and instead held her ground. Her expression was light, though, dark eyes were critical. They pierced what they viewed with a thousand knives because they had no other choice. It was the very thing the Sovereign complimented them for. Their wits; their intellect—Their collective sharpness.

It required both kindness and ruthlessness in equal amounts.

The news that Palm-Imer Palm-Imer was not only an Ambassador but the Heir was interesting. The raven-haired Queen felt her eyes flicker between the two women. Deception. As much as there may have been a reason for the Sovereign to hide the identity of her chosen one—It was still a red flag.

Alessandra felt her chin raise slightly while she reassessed Palm-Imer and the Sovereign.

No—Not all was as it appeared to be.

Adron fielded the initial commentary about the issue whilst Alessandra could only shake her head softly. Perhaps, it was feasible because Palm-Imer was an adult. The thought of sending her only son into waters infested with ravenous sharks, translation, the political scene, made her nigh furious. It was only the cooling waters of Adron’s mind that settled her displeasure. It was careless. Both for the Heir and for the Kingdom. “It is an invaluable learning experience, but, also quite dangerous.”

Her eyes met that of her husband, though, the softness that passed reassured her.

It was all she would offer on the subject.

The conversation shifted to the new addition that had arrived at Dragonne Palace prior to the arrival of their guests. The mysterious and well-constructed commemorative gift held a certain feel to it. Her connection to the Force remained hidden with the pendant that her husband had crafted for her long ago. Initially, it had been designed to hide her sensitivity from clients. Now, she used it to blend into lackluster nobility and peasantry. “It was a wise gift. My King, after all, does love his wolves. It is most appropriate—And adds a dash of life to the estate.”

She didn’t mention that it was also the perfect focusing lens for either of their abilities.

As most things inevitably did the discussion turned to the Confederacy. It was another field she let Adron handle. Yes—She had worked within the Ministry of Commerce for far longer than her husband had been crowned and Exarch. It was telling that he had risen in the ranks so quickly whilst she dallied away in the common offices. Through his own merits, certainly, but it didn’t help that a certain nondescript Echani held him in high esteem. Alessandra was, truthfully, content with her work. She didn’t need to reach for the stars. She already had them. In her husband—In her son.

Adron had a way of making things sound so simple. She played his game, his art, but the reality was far different. She still struggled with a crown. He had been born to nobility. While her parents were titled on Brentaal IV, she, was not. They had never been spoiled. Never been treated anything but what they were. Hearing humility ooze from the mouth of her beloved was enough to make her nearly choke on the pastry. It was foreign to her.

Instead, she reached for her wine, and took a delicate sip.

And then another.

“I would also like to hear more of Geminidae. One day—I would like to see it.”

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴅɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

NwFlWQU.png

Wearing: XxX.
NPCs: Sovereign Feyd-Serit.
Tagging: Adron Malvern Adron Malvern ~ Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed

XoUVtE9.png

That same amused and charming smile appeared once more in Feyd-Serit's lips as Adron and Alessandra expressed their opinion in the matter of the Heirs. The geminian system, however, was more complex than it let on. Heirs were a precious thing, without a doubt, but the security of the Consors System and ensuring there would always be another leader to protect it was too important to limit to the well-being of one or a very few individuals. These were the advantages of a lack of value in bloodlines. "Indeed, although such is the case of Heir Palm alone." She said, and her crystal gaze set on her emissary and representative as she awaited for Palm to further her explanation.

Understanding her Sovereign's silent request immediately, Palm's amber eyes briefly met Adron's and Alessandra's before responding. So far she had remained mostly silent, allowing the monarchs to converse without interruption. "The people of Geminidae are the result of active efforts of genetic perfecting achieved through generations of selective breeding programs. Each of us is the result of premeditation, suited to fulfill a set of tasks and objectives according to our given characteristics and traits." The castes were a fascinating subject to most, but for now she concentrated on the matter at hand which were the Heirs.

"For every ruling period, around twenty individuals are born who are the result of longer and more complex programs, possessing two sets of traits instead of one, these are our Heirs. In my case, I belong to the Ambassador caste besides being a Heir, your Majesties; but the rest of the current Heirs belong to different castes and therefore remain in Geminidae." Once she was done, she returned to silence as Feyd offered her a pleased and approving smile. Whether it was truthful or a flawless act, not even Palm who knew her well could tell.

Feyd then spoke again, to shed just a bit more light in the issue. "Because they are not ensured to become Sovereigns, while I rule their caste takes precedence over their rank as Heirs. Until I announce my retirement, then their status as Heirs will become the priority and who will ascend is decided through a series of tests and trials, alongside a public vote as well as my own. One is crowned, the rest lose their title." This system had rendered the most capable and competent of rulers. Even the worst of Geminian Sovereigns in their history would still have been considered good Kings or Queens by most other cultures.

It was then that Adron requested advice, and while Palm felt well-hidden surprised at this, for in her experience she had found him to be wise and capable, the Sovereign seemed to have a felt a stroke to her ego. Unlike her, Feyd was not swayed by sweetened or humbled words yet for some reason, one she did not care to pinpoint in that moment, she allowed it and offered a wide smile. "I do believe you do not require advice. One look at your beautiful Illyria is enough testament to it, yet since you have asked I will share," She said, before taking a very brief pause with practiced and elegant theatricality.

"Make of your life a theater, your Majesties. You will learn as your years in the throne progress that you will grant your people as much progress and solidity as you are able to summon for them, but the public mind is a fickle thing. Hardships are inevitable, but you must be unquestionable. Reality pales next to perception, and you must never be remembered by your shortcomings. Rule with honesty, but learn when truth is wise and when silence is. The people must never shoulder any weights that are not necessary, if you are to be loved and respected."

Palm listened to Feyd's words attentively, even if she had already heard these words the way the Sovereign produced them still struck a mesmerized feeling within her.

Raphael Boucher

R
450.png

DANCE

Raphael was glad to hear that Fleur would host a dance with him. She took his outstretched hand and the two made their way to the dance floor with easy, fluid motions. It seemed as if almost immediately they found themselves upon the dance floor, swaying to the music that flowed over the hall. It was a welcomed moment, a time when the Raphael felt that his words could be genuine and true, not haunted by the ever-looming presence of the voracity of the High Court. So as they danced, he listened to Fleur's words before shaking his head slightly. "Not the best idea. You see, when two people of Noble Birth are seen together for a time then rumors begin to spread. This one is bedding that one, that one is bedding this one. Being in your company for too long would result in even more eyes focused on us, something we can't afford right now. Of course, we know nothing of the sort is occuring, but how would you intend to convince the rest of the Court there is no...activity going on between us?" He suggested, before shaking his head. "No, it is easier for me to fly or use hotels as I need." He told her.

Raphael was very aware of the hunger that dripped from Fleur. She had tasted blood and now the Vampirika within her would not be easily sated. No, it would grow into a great ravenous beast that would consume all, unless she brought it to heel before such catastrophe could be unleashed.

"You are hungry." He pointed out simply, his hand holding hers up a millimeter higher than it had. "You smelled my scent and your pulse quickened, your eyes focused. Your instincts were triggered." He spoke low, low enough so that only they could hear the words falling from his lips. The species the woman possessed was something better kept close to heart. It could prove a great ally to the unknowing, but also a horrid weakness to her if her enemies discovered the trait weaknesses that came with her blood.

When she asked where he had been staying, he merely shrugged in response. "Here and there. Usually I find a nice establishment to host me. A decent hotel, usually. If time allows then I will return home for a time." He told her.

Fleur's next question caused Raphael's lips to curl up into a knowing smile. "Considerably different. Fresh. You see I take a number of people into my employ to serve as transportation vessels for my feeding." He told her casually. "These servants provide me with a pivotal service and are quite well paid for it." He told her with a knowing smile. "You may want to consider employing a few yourself. If you do not you may find your appetite growing rather ravenous."

blackw.png

illyrian300.png

GEMINIDAE

The Geminidae Queen left something of an over sweet taste in Adron's mouth. She was rather interesting and there were no abhorrent flaws that showed themselves from her persona or actions. In fact, she could have made a wonderful ally to Illyria under a different set of circumstances. For now, however there was no path before them that existed as such. He said nothing on that token however, nor would he ever outside the most private and restricted of conversations. As Palm-Imer spoke the Illyrian King became more and more understanding of how they chose their next Sovereign. It was an interesting system which was born of breeding as well as contest. This was acceptable to Adron, who believe the best and brightest were bred sand then tested for their worth. He exchanged the most base glance with his wife. It was something of a code, as to say that "this stood out to me," when they spoke of the Queen's day of retirement.

They continued to listen and the King showed some interest, pausing the Queen for a bare moment. "So the day you leave the throne, then one such Heir, such as Palm will ascend?" He said, in understanding? No, not understanding. The way that Adron spoke, was as if there was no alternative to Palm. There could be no doubt in his mind that Palm-Imer would hold the title of Geminidae's Sovereign. To the women who sat among him, it would seem his words were out of base esteem and favor. Yet, to Alessandra it was something a bit more than that. His wife knew his mechanisms and how the man worked and she was more than aware of his plots.

Still, there was a curiosity there. Was his words meant to be digested by the Queen or by the young heir, Palm-Imer.

When the Geminidae Sovereign spoke in response to Adron's question of advice, he nodded silently in thanks.

Public Opinion. The hardships of the Public. Being unquestionable and balanced in the views of the people.

Her words were interesting. As the King settled into his seat he thought on them carefully. Not for the benefit of his rule, but more for the analysis of hers.

After all, when one plays chess they must always watch the movements of the King or in this case, the Sovereign.

The words that fell from Alessandra's lips caused the King to smile softly. "
Well, there we have it. My Queen has been captivated by the shining tales of your homeland. Perhaps a tour can be arranged of Geminidae, so that we can see the beauty built by the Queen, Feyd-Serit?" He asked the Geminidae Sovereign warmly. "Of course I would be more than happy to pay for such an inconvenience." He promised the Queen.

wrappingpaper.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom