Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Legwork | Rhis & Maynard

if they're watching anyways
Test1.png

hJJw3Ng.png

Creuat Creuat Maynard Treicolt Maynard Treicolt

Auteme sat down at her desk, across from the other two Jedi. While Ryv was off on a visit to Jakku, she handled things on the homefront. There was much work to do.

"This is a Perspective Stone," she said, placing the Kyberite rock in front of her. "It's used for one-way memory sharing. Easy to use. The memories shared through it are always authentic, though they are from your perspective. Kind of the whole point; that's why it's called what it's called."

This was the first step. She'd seen what they did, now she wanted their perspectives. Both of them had spoken to Ryv -- almost everything had already been decided, but that didn't mean they could just let things run. Change, especially the good kind, needed more work than just a quick talk or public resistance.

Despite what they'd done, she wanted to see these Jedi become better. She was already worrying about how Loske might react if Maynard took the Barash and left the Jedi. Rhis, too -- though she didn't know him well, she believed it was better to spend time with others when going through something difficult. If isolation ended up pushing him too far, it'd be their fault just as much as what had happened at the academies.

"Make sure you're in a calm state of mind -- meditate, for a moment, if you need to. Then when you're ready, place your hand on the stone and focus on me to transfer your memories of what happened. I won't judge you, I just need them so I understand what happened." She nodded to them both, then opened her mind, awaiting their thoughts.

Every moment here felt like another moment wasted. To put all the pieces back together from whence they were shattered. To shape it all back together, a fervant, meticulous task on part of Treicolt. Aimless at where to begin, oblivious to the path that awaited him. But for now, the New Jedi Order and their scion by the means of Auteme sought answers.

For now, he'd have to repair what was broken in himself before he could continue as his whole mortal being. The wounds of war were still heavy on his features. Fading burns and lacerations dug into his skin, pits of exhausted anguish dug into his gaze. That once hopeful, bright eyed hot shot ace was long dead. He'd died time and time again, Harnaidan, Bastion, Dantooine, Felucia, Ziost. All that was left was all he ever had to begin with. The will to endure.

Auteme was clear in that there was little in negotiating this process, not by threat but by the decisiveness of her words. He glanced the way of the Nautolan. He'd never met this Jedi in earnest save for the briefings prior to Dantooine and Ziost. Now, they were expected to delve into this fray of navigating forgotten torment. He relented to reach forward with his right hand, assuming immediately the cybernetic might not be able to channel the desired effect, before reaching out with his other hand, grasping ahold of the stone.

What followed, the darkness that lingered within.

These 10,000 days in the fire.

They all emerged in brief flashes, clear visions shrouded in anguish.

It began where it all did for him, Concord Dawn. The feeling of loss was as powerful then as it was now. That feverish need to protect those who he'd ever cared about only compounded once he was able to forge those bonds again.

That close brush of death passed over him in Harnaidan. He nearly let her go. Nearly lost the reason he continued this horrid march to begin with.

So emerged the raid unto Dantooine, that sent Maynard, not too dissimilar to the state he was in now. Only barely straining himself to continue the march, grasping tightly of what remained. Thus began the stretch that made up the incriminations of himself now. His saber in hand meeting the flesh of the disciples of the Sith Brotherhood, their neophyte fanatics, the acolytes. He never saw children, he never hurt children. Children don't raise their arms with the screaming hate and will to bring ruin in their eyes. When Aradia approached him with fire in her hands, he offered quarter and in return, she offered cinder and he lurched into the fray all the same.

It was a tale as old of time in the war of light and dark. The fight to exist. It would be his mercy and her wrath that would've saw him among the ruins on Dantooine. Or he would've struck first, as he did. As he always did.

So then emerged...the totality of the fall on Ziost. He sought the death of who would soon be known to be responsible for the warping and demented transformation of his lover, Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt in the onset of the campaign on Felucia, but his anger became paramount in New Adasta. Under the veil of The Lie, he roamed less the Wolf and more the Demon in bloodied defiance of the Sith. That mercy he offered on Dantooine, gone in the wake of cruel brutality. Death forced by his own hands in the fray, the infernal envelopment that he willed unto the enemy, the banner of the Wolf rising above the ashes, the piling corpses around him. There was nothing resembling any 'Jedi' within him save for the weapon he wielded.

With that, he severed the stream of memories to Loske, leaning back once more as his hazel gaze snapped open to life once more.

"Anything else you're lookin' for?" He asked outright.

Last edited:

K N I G H T
wsL0bBY.png
There had been a lot going on, not just the war. The politics surrounding the war went hand-in-hand with it. A minority of people, those of Jedi, demanded justice and accountability for the actions perpetuated by the Galactic Alliance and the New Jedi Order. Justice for what? What was there to be held accountable for? Because of their war against the Sith? A war meant to bring peace to the Galaxy after decades of a merciless Empire dooming countless of systems with multiple atrocities? And now he and his brethren were to be judged for their duty and service they swore upon when becoming Jedi?

Truly, it angered him. He could not understand such pride that blinded those that judged him and his Order. He saw themselves as peacekeepers, but that peace had long been disturbed and no one did anything to correct that.

Rhis detested them.

The Nautolan was reluctant, but there wasn’t anyway to evade this session that Auteme asked him to conjoin with Maynard. Neither had the opportunity to meet each other properly until now; however, their names weren’t a thing of mystery as their reputation preceded before as the few notable Jedi that engaged this righteous crusade against the Sith. Rhis expected some sort of lecture from their fellow Jedi Knight, but was surprised as she asked only one thing from each of them.

Their memories; their past.

Not many knew Rhis’ history, and it wasn’t one to glamour about. Many celebrated and fantasized the life of a Jedi without knowing its challenges.

At its invitation, he grabbed the stone with a clear mind and gazed into the rock. Trying to establish a connection between him and the stone.

Securing it glimpses and flashes of his past came to life.

Glee Anselm was his home. Belonging to a a family that was believed to be the same line a renowned Jedi Master hailed from. At a young age he experienced violence as their cousin species, the Anselmis, attacked the settlement he lived on which wrought death and destruction. His home was not destroyed, yet it left a mark on him. A lesson he would remember before devoting himself to the ways of the Jedi.

Years later, many years after that traumatic incident, he was inducted as a Jedi and found himself under the mentorship of a Quarren to whom he bonded and held a solid relationship as master and student. There were many interpretations of the Jedi Code, but the one Rhis pertained to was one introduced by his master. Trained to be as a proactive and reactive Jedi, Rhis understood that he had a duty to the Galaxy, one of active service to keep the Dark Side at bay and to preserve peace which the Sith always schemed to undermine.

Years later, still under the apprenticeship of his master, Rhis found himself fighting against the rebirth of the Sith Empire. Peace and balance was disturbed, many felt it but few did little to rise up in arms against such bastion of evil and tyranny. He was not born for war, yet the journey of his life made him a warrior. The deepest scar, however, was when his master fell on Mon Cala when the Sith committed mass genocide against the Mon Calamari. His master was disgusted with how his own people, a separatist union of Quarren, schemes against their fellow Mon Calamari and this betrayed all of Mon Cala to the shadow of the Sith. In their brave attempt they found failure and Rhis’ master becoming one with the Force.

There the Nautolan vowed to make sure the sacrifices his mentor made would not be in vain, continuing his training and efforts of fighting the Sith.

It wasn’t until the Starbird reclaimed the core worlds which led to the resurrection of the New Jedi Order. An order that knew what was at stake by allowing such evil to remain untouched, such irresponsibility from other Galactic Powers instilled fear and defeat to those that suffered from the endless oppression of the Sith.

Until Korriban.

Where the Nautolan, another Jedi Knight, and the Man of Iron marched the steps of the Sith Academy to face the mouth of darkness. The trio were well met by a wave a of
crimson as they attacked and killed any Sith Disciples indiscriminately. It mattered not who or what they were. To Rhis, they were a former shell of themselves with an evil entity possessing them as a vessel. Victory greeted them as they purged the Academy, yet more work was to be done in the Stygian Caldera.

Ziost was next, and again he marched with the same intentions as he did on Korriban. Purge the darkness. There he was corrupted by the Lie, leading him to a void of anger and hatred which boasted his abilities in the Force. Even touching the Dark Side of the Force as he continued his zealous crusade on the Academy until he was freed from the curse of the Lie

And there he put an end to his past. The collection of his memories ingrained within the stone.

“What was the purpose of this, Auteme?” he said while passing his stone to the scholar. “I’m sure there’s more to it other than wanting a collection of our past, yes?”

There was a lot to process.

Were they mundane memories, or even vivid, happy ones, she might've had an easier time. The things she saw were certainly vivid. The pain, the anger, the fear, the struggle were all in sharp focus. Maynard and Rhis both had darkness in them borne of love. Love of differing intensities and kinds, but love nonetheless; she hadn't understood what Lucien had meant after Ziost but now she did. And it scared her.

Both of them had tried to do what was right, whether by their ideals or by their love, only to have it twisted by lies and shadows. Yet they had done it. The act was clear even if the intent was nebulous.

"No, that's... that's most of it," she said. "Master Quill -- he shared the memories with me of what happened on Bastion, Korriban, Dantooine, Ziost. They were of an acolyte who'd been at each. The one you faced on Dantooine, Maynard. Aradia."

She sighed. "He was doing what he thought was right, but... he didn't do everything he should've before speaking out, going public. That girl's memories were twisted by hate and anger and an odd sense of those around her. I needed the full picture to understand what really happened."

She put the Perspective Stone away. A little anger sparked in her; though she was quick to cool it, she couldn't ignore her frustration. Everything that had happened was terrible. Worse, she found herself struggling to put the true trust in her fellow Jedi that she once had.

"Before you go, I- I have one last question for you," she said. "No matter how things conclude...

"Do you still want to be Jedi?"

The door to Auteme's office opened, and Bernard stepped through. He didn't wear the traditional Jedi garb, not even the leather jacket which had become synonymous with the New Jedi Order. Instead, he appeared in plain street clothes. He looked almost ordinary out of the Marshal uniform or Jedi attire he used to wear without fail. Though, some of his hair remained woven into a wide braid that hung over his right shoulder.
He paused in front of the doorway.
"Knight Treicolt, Knight Fisto," he said, nodding to each in turn. He didn't recognize the Nautolan by anything other than name, but he recalled Maynard well.
"My apology if I happen to be interrupting, but I was told you wanted a word?" He said looking towards Auteme.
The air seemed tense between the three. Even without the Force Bernard could feel as much.

He couldn’t see the memories which the Nautolan offered the way of Auteme but her reaction didn’t differ a stroke from the Shield of the Jedi after she’d received them. Evidently troubling all the same. Maynard knew well he was hardly attached to the ruling code of the Jedi, even more divergent to the loose adherence that the New Jedi Order applied to it.

He was something he’d always struggled to be for so long.

His own man. Not in the shadow of any other, not beholden to interests other than his own. His own, clear convictions, a decisive aim which he followed and people he cared deeply about.

When Auteme offered that vaunted dilemma to them both, Maynard stared off in consideration for a moment. Considering what it’d all meant to him. The meaning it brought to his life, all the good returning to the Order had done for him.

His gaze shifted the way of Bernard after he’d entered. Ever wary of the Arkanian. He killed Lanik Dawnstar, a Jedi who’d imparted wisdom on Treicolt of being not only a good Jedi but a good man all the same. For being one shrouded in darkness. Who knew who easily it would be for him to do try and put himself, Rhis...or Loske Treicolt Loske Treicolt to the blade.

Cold hazel eyes shifted back to Auteme before he spoke up.

“I don’t give all of a single damn what you wanna label me as. I am the man that I am, those memories should help you know a bit better to make a judge of character. If something you saw makes you think I don’t belong...fine.”
Maynard says, standing up from the position of idle meditation he found himself in.

“I have better things to worry about than what’s being said around about what we’ve done. I did a lot of...killing, of the Sith. Once I showed them mercy...they took away and twisted the person most important to me. And that’s the last.”
He states outright as he turns to leave past the point from which Bernard entered.

K N I G H T
wsL0bBY.png
Ah, the same Jedi Master that boldly spoke about the New Jedi Order. The same Jedi that condemned his brethren of how they acted in a war that many had refused to act upon the Sith. The Silver Jedi, the Confederacy, and many other nations before resurrection of the Galactic Alliance and the rising Iron Sun. Such pride allowed an evil to spread like a cancer, effectively oppressing many against their will.

Keepers of the peace, not soldiers was what he was taught.

If so, then many Jedi before he and his companions had failed that duty to the Galaxy. What peace was there to keep when they wouldn’t be proactive against this evil that time and time again schemes to undermine the Galaxy?

Maynard gave his answer to Auteme, feeling frustrated and maybe angry. He didn’t give an absolute answer, leaving a vague response to Auteme if he wished to continue as a Jedi before standing up and walking to leave the chambers.

“Strange. A Jedi Master with all their wisdom taking the word of a Sith?” he scoffed and was left with a disappointing smile as he shook his head. “I question the Jedi outside of our ranks with how incompetent they’ve fallen. They’ve fallen silent on the expansion of the Sith, they condemn us for our service, and now they believe whatever deception being told to them. Makes me believe there’s a plot to destroy the New Jedi Order.”

He sounded disappointed, frustrated, and angry. Furious at the words slandering him and his own from Quill.

“It’s easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled.”

“Regardless, I will continue my role as a Jedi for the Order, Auteme; however, I will not heed the guidance of a senile old man. I am adamant about that, especially with what he did.”

"Maynard," she called as he went to the door. "It doesn't matter what others think of you, what others want of you. But if you want to be a Jedi -- find what that means." Loske, however good and lovable she might be, was not enough reason to stay a Jedi. If he wanted to stay a Jedi he'd need to figure things out for himself. However morbid a thought, with Loske gone, the opportunity to seek out one's own truths had been given to Maynard. Auteme could only hope he'd take it.

She gave a small nod to Bernard to acknowledge him before looking to Rhis. "We cannot demonize our enemies or declare other unqualified for voicing things we don't like. Jend-Ro- he did what he thought was right. Rhis, you need to do the same -- but more importantly, you must reflect.

"Spend time facing your grief. You've been hurt more than most, but you can end that cycle; end it in a better way than more death and violence." Despite sharing some of his memories she still felt distant from him. She couldn't tell if her words reached him; nonetheless she gave a nod of dismissal. If he still wanted to be a Jedi he'd find the right path. No matter the choices made in the past, they could always choose good the next time.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath -- then opened them with a start. She'd almost forgotten Bernard. "Yes, ah- yes," she said, pushing the Perspective Stone forward on the desk. "It's a memory sharing device. If you could just place your hand on it, focus on me, and- sorry, I'm investigating the- the academies. What happened there. You were at the one on Korriban..."

Bernard, too, felt distant. Should she have waited? Asked where he'd been? She looked at him, worry evident on her face.

Bernard stepped aside to allow Treicolt to pass after he said his piece. His eyes followed the Knight as he walked away. It wasn’t clear to Bernard what path the Concordian’s burden would carry him down, but for his sake he hoped he let go of it before it consumed him and those he cared for. Darkness had a weird way of creeping up on a Jedi.

He turned back to Auteme, nodded in acknowledgement when she glanced his way, and leaned against the wall next to the door to wait for his turn. The Nautolan still had his own frustrations to air, and Bernard didn’t want to take that chance away from him.

As Auteme answered the Knight’s concerns he had to suppress a smile. When had Auteme grown to be so wise a leader? It felt like only a week since they last met on Brentaal.

"Yes, ah- yes. It's a memory sharing device. If you could just place your hand on it, focus on me, and- sorry, I'm investigating the- the academies. What happened there. You were at the one on Korriban..."

The shift in topic made it much easier to keep his expression appropriate. He opened his mouth to respond but had to cut himself off. Whatever words he was about to have said weren't needed here.

Like a Jedi witness testimony? I can recount the occurrence, but I would prefer to keep my memories to myself, I fear," he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom