Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Legion Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle Mk I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
maks-makashow-4-1.jpg

maks-makashow-1-1.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a semi-auto sniper rifle for the
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: BR-01
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Hekler'Kok Defense Industries (Original) and Galactic Foreign Legion Armorers (Modifiers)
  • Affiliation: Galactic Foreign Legion
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Legion Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle Mk I (SASR Mk I)
  • Modularity: Various Optics, Muzzle Devices, Underbarrel Attachments, Accessory Rail Attachments, Extended Magazines and Various Ammo Types
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Titanium-Alusteel Alloy (Upper and Lower Receiver, Barrel and Internal Mechanisms), Chromium (Barrel Lining), Plastoid (Grip, Stock and Handguard) and CeramiCoat (Plating)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Slugthrower Sniper Rifle
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Hekler'Kok 7.62x67mm Polymer Cartridges
  • Ammunition Capacity: Very Small, 10 or 20 Round Double Stack Magazines
  • Effective Range: Extreme
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Damage Output: Very High
  • Recoil: Low
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Ambidextrous Charging Handle
  • Reversible Fire Selector (Safe and Semi-Automatic)
  • Reversible Magazine Release
  • Reversible Bolt Release
  • Solid Stock
  • Adjustable Recoil Pad (Optional)
  • Adjustable Cheek Riser (Optional)
  • Optic Rail
  • Side and Top Accessory Rails
  • Bottom Grip, Bipod and Accessory Rail
  • Short Stroke Gas Piston
  • Advanced Recoil Buffer System
  • Ion Bonded Bolt Carrier Group
  • Heavy Barrel
  • Threaded Barrel
  • Free Floating Barrel
  • Fluted Barrel
  • Pillar Barrel Bedding
  • 1 in 10 Barrel Twist Rate
  • Adjustable Gas System
  • Folding Back-Up Iron Sights
  • Textured Grip
  • Flared Magazine Well
  • Spare Parts Storage
STRENGTHS
  • Long Range Precision: The LSASR Mk I is a highly effective long range weapon weapon being able to deliver pinpoint shots at very long ranges
WEAKNESSES
  • Short Range Problems: While the LSASR Mk is almost the pinnacle of long range marksmanship this does not transfer to short range issue
DESCRIPTION
With the LSAW Mk I designed, tweaked and finally fielded the armorers at the Legion began looking at the final member of the Legion Rifle Squad, the squad sniper. As with all the other weapons they began by first interviewing the Legionnaires who would be using it. The problem they found with the interviews was that the Legionnaires were split into two camps when it came to the type of sniper rifle they wanted. One group wanted a semi automatic rifle that could deliver rounds at long range at a consistent pace while the other wanted extremely accurate bolt action rifle that could deliver shots precisely.

Instead of trying to please one group over the other they decided that it was worth the effort to build two different rifles. Since the first camp was slightly larger they decided to work on the semi automatic sniper rifle first. With ideas from the Legionnaires they began working on the rifle, originally they had planned on using the SR-01 they were originally equipped with as a base but instead found that the BR-01 that the designated marksman were originally equipped with to be a much better option.

The first thing they needed to do was updated the caliber of the rifle as the BR-01's original 7.62x51mm cartridge was good for medium range engagements but not for long range engagement. The caliber chosen was the 7.62x67mm cartridge, its longer case filled with more powder allowed for high muzzle velocity which resulted in more range and stopping power than the BR-01.

When it came to choosing the materials for the rifle they get with the same adage as the did with the LSDMR Mk I: 'If it isn't broke, don't fix it.' As such the materials used in both rifles are exactly the same. When it came to the features integrated into the rifle they stuck to the same adage and very few new features were added. Two such features were optional adjustable cheek riser and recoil pad which lets the shooter adjust the rifle to their own comfort level. The one big new feature added was a fluted barrel which helps increase accuracy via better barrel harmonics.

With the weapon designed, materials chosen, features retained and added the Legion armorers classified as the Legion Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle Mark I. With it finished they manufactured an initial test batch and held them for the time being, waiting for the other sniper rifle to be manufactured.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom