Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Learning to Live

fzJSulH.png

Equipment: PGEM-FAAl, Tinfoil Hat Band, Absorbelt
Accessories: Force Warning Pendant on Keyring, Dasmi's Pendant, Coal Nail Polish, Transition Prescription Glasses
Augmentation: PGEM-SAP "Amber Eyes"
Tags: Dominik Borra Dominik Borra
Zi1QX2R.png

-A Time Prior-
She had hid herself away for some time to figure out what had been happening with the markets regarding materials. Sudden influx and hidden or redirected deliveries she'd had the AI track through whatever means necessary to figure out what was happening.

But the effort had been worthless when the Sith announced themselves openly by attacking a Jedi Temple.

All the time she'd spent isolating, had spent crunching numbers and figuring out the tangled web of what it all was covering up, meant nothing in the end. The backlog of messages and deliveries to her space station making it clear she had made a horrid mistake letting herself return to an old habit.

Returning to something she didn't need to do anymore.

The mistake made all the more clear when a package arrived with news of an old friends passing. Dimitri, whose identity had changed after his faux trial for crimes during an operation for the Eternal Empire, had been lost in one of the final battles against the Maw.

She had locked herself away from everything at the news. The final strikes to an old life that had done her few favors now.

Save for heartache.

Drawing herself into work before more news filtered in about Dominik from Matthew. The only time her door opened for him in the months that had passed. Holomail the only way to make sure she was still alive in the locked out bulkhead she had kept between her remaining friend and herself.

News of Dominik had breached that barrier. The door eventually opening as the Corellian stared down at his friend. Far more gaunt than he had seen her, even after the incident in the edge of known space.

Her eyes hollow and clothes hanging onto her more than being worn.

A sorry state to see her in given what he knew about her biology. He'd been allowed to watch her work at the news. The silence from her as he explained something that was uncharacteristic for the woman.

Her hands tapping and scrawling along the workstation with a speed he'd only seen during the war they'd both been witness to.

Vestiges of a woman foreign to him as REAPP sent a Holo back with a confirmation. Her gaze sullen as she gave him instructions before turning back to the screen. A now familiar AI face appearing in the projection as it bowed softly to Niki.

"Find where Dominik Borra is."

The AI bowed once more with a smile, form breaking down into code as it filtered out of existence and Niki waved Matthew away in silence.

His trip to the Hangar Bay only impeded by the droids performing last minute checks on the vessel.

He'd taken the Tourist to the Outer Rim, reaching the REAPP facility with a waiting receptionist. The trip itself taking under a week, and with little input from Niki. One that had been expecting him, and two little crates being promptly rolled out to the ship as he signed and waited for the all clear. The synthetic crew making his nerves take a sharp edge.

She was running a cloak and dagger operation it seemed, or just simply keeping him in the dark. Something he didn't think was good for her but couldn't argue given how little she had spoken for some time now.

He'd sat mulling on what to do in the captains cabin for some time. His thoughts only disturbed when the starstreaks reverted to starlight and the ship altered course.

Mid flight to the core, the systems of the ship had been altered, the synthetic crew adjusting without informing him. A redirection that he hadn't expected as he came to the flight deck for an update on itinerary.

Niki had brought the ship back to her rather than request it.

Matthew's mouth twitched with irritation at the lack of decorum. He could understand her wanting to deliver whatever it was he'd been made to pick up. But at least sending a courtesy message of the update would have been nice.

He bided his time, watching the stars stretch once more as they travelled along, his irritation boiling over into anger as they drew closer. Eventually dropping once more into starlight as Emberlene came into view from the sublight travel towards the planet.

The ship docking as he watched Niki emerge from the hallway of her room into the Hangar. Matthew's form visible from the loading ramp as he stood with arms crossed and glare directed at her.

A glance at him before she nodded inside.

His body shifting to block her entry as she recoiled and stared up at him. The two of them squared off, Matthew staring down at her while she did her best to not seem like she might have been a fair fight for him in her deteriorated condition.

Seeing her tired and lacking the muscle she'd had before her hiding, only made him more angry.

"What the hell Niki. You kept yourself so locked up and now you just expect me at your beck and call?" His arms flexing as he began, keeping his temper from being completely let loose.

Even behind the glasses he could see the blend of sadness rage.

"Piss. Off. I had my reasons-"

"No! You do not get to just blow everything off for these little hidey-hole escapades that-"

"I wasn't fucking hiding you-"

"Then what do you call hiding in your room for months without so much as a word or reason!? What do you call that!? Huh!?" His arms wide as he watched her draw back, the rage in her eyes gone as he grimaced at the fear that had taken its place.

He couldn't back down now though, couldn't without letting her know how much that the isolation had hurt.

"I've been your friend for some time now. And you've done some wacky stuff. Don't get me wrong. But this. This-" His hand rubbed along the lines of his mouth, feelings causing contortions of anger and sorrow. "This isn't the Deep. We aren't getting by on the skin of our teeth. We aren't hiding out in the far reaches in fear. You own a company dammit. You have people. Like Dominik, and... that... whole group."

"I wanted to help. And this. I don't know another way." A flimsy reason that didn't hold up to his stare.

"There's other ways now Nik. You don't have to go recluse mode anymore. You dropped everything and everyone. I've had to-" A deep sigh cutting through his anger as she shifted and shrank. Her form seeming to consume itself as he scowled. "Dominik tried reaching out. That woman tried to reach out. I had to tell them to stop. I. Had to tell them. I did. Because you wouldn't fucking listen."

The words giving a physical reaction as she flinched with each as though he'd struck her.

"I'm. I'm upset with you. Angry. And hurt. But I'm fucking disappointed with you Nik." Shaking his head as he set his hands on his hips.

"I'm sor-" "You don't get to be sorry. You need to be better. You aren't some kid out in the reach anymore Nik. Fucking act like it." Cutting her off before pushing away from the ramp door and motioning inside.

She hung her head, sniffling and eyes tear bright as she tried to keep her composure. A pang of guilt hidden behind the cold frown he kept as she slipped past him and into the ship.

The AI making an appearance once more as Niki sat in the meeting room of the ship just opposite of the captains cabin. Matthew unsure now if he wanted to keep her company or stew for a while longer.

The synthetic crew making quick work of the silent instructions before the Tourist left the Hangar of Terminus Rêve and began its journey toward the core.

-Present-

The trip had taken a bit more time, but had been planned around Dominik being mostly in the later stages of healing.

Niki had kept her emotions bottled up after the chewing Matthew had given her. And he'd been wary with his approaches for anything more than making sure she ate.

Which she did little of.

The effort making her feel sick now. She'd been so deep into figuring out what was happening she hadn't stopped to eat until she'd had to make a painful trip for something that was usually an instant meal.

The calories burnt up quickly by her metabolism but giving her enough energy to continue the relentless push.

The ship docked, and clearance given when the manifest was shared and approved.

Matthew taking the larger box with a surprised gasp at the weight of it. She didn't dare crack a smile as he settled the crate in his arms. Almost four feet in length and about two feet deep. A carefully packed replacement limb for Dominik.

Niki opted to carry the smaller but equally hefty two by two crate carrying the connection node needed to connect the arm.

Their trip inside hurried to keep them out of the way of those needing actual care instead of visiting. More than once a nurse pausing to glance at Niki in her disheveled state. Eyes tear bright still as Matthew's words lingered in her mind. Her hair messy as though roughly brushed before being tied up.

Her features drawn in with lack of self-care as the nurses glanced between her and Matthew with an accusatory glare.

Glares that only made Matthew more irritable.

"Sorry." All the more she could manage as he made a sharp sound of dismissal.

A nurse coming to fetch them once Dominik had been told he had visitors. Following behind the woman that led the way as she glanced between Niki and Matthew in the lift up before being guided to the room.

Matthew kicking the door frame to announce their arrival as the Nurse entered and tried to be more pleasant about announcing his guests.

"Ding dong shady man. Brought you two presents so you can get off your butt." Matthew near yelled upon clearing the door as Niki followed him inside and frowned, letting her eyes fall to the floor after giving Dom a tiny smile.

IGCmu5z.png

The Sith returning... They had just been beaten, and of course their immortal Emporer came crawling back. A lot of work in the SIA, tracking and investigating and hunting. And then that battle on that frozen world, a call of distress from a padawan, and him showing up to intervene. He was sure that if he didn't, three Jedi would be dead or worse. But if he didn't, he also wouldn't have been in the hospital for so long.

He had gone boot-to-boot with Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex , and held his own for a little while. Though he realized now, as he always knew, that if it truly was a one on one he'd be dead. In the end his cybernetic arm, something he had lived with for over twenty years, was shattered, and he was thrown down palace steps. A few broken ribs and something with his lung, a torn artery in his right elbow, along with the shock, pseudo-pain from the arm and exposed nerve-wirings made the next few days into a hell. Those three other Jedi made it out though, and with their help survived. They had been betrayed and hunted before they found GA help, all while Dominik was still hardly functional. He had done his best though, and everyone was home safe. He had some apologizing to do to people for his unexpected absence and delayed return to work. His boss, boy would she be upset, but of all the women in his life, which there were very few, there was one he wanted to see more than anybody.

Niki Priddy Niki Priddy . They had gotten together, having met at a friend's wedding. And things had been good. Happy. And then she disappeared. He tried looking for her, asking her friend Matthew about her. He got nowhere, only for Matthew to tell him to stop asking. He had thrown himself into work. Niki was his anchor in a lot of ways, and she had vanished. Maybe losing her like that was why he had thrown himself at Carnifex, no longer caring for his own well-being anymore. Her parents hadn't even known where she had gone. Dominik could only suspect foul play, but the leads he could dig up died quickly. Maybe she had as well.

One day a nurse came by his SIA issued hospital room. It was a wide empty place they had hooked him up with with great security, though gray, dry, stale, and constantly smelling of disinfectant. The ventilation whirred steadily at all hours, chirps and chimes for nurses and doctors could be heard. But it was an empty place, a dark place. Even still, he had one of his drones watch him while he slept and he had weapons hidden around his room. The nurse informed him he had visitors coming up and he allowed them to come in. He made sure the handgun behind his pillow was within good reach, and went back to looking over his datapad at the newest updates.

Matthew kicking the door frame to announce their arrival as the Nurse entered and tried to be more pleasant about announcing his guests.

"Ding dong shady man. Brought you two presents so you can get off your butt." Matthew near yelled upon clearing the door as Niki followed him inside and frowned, letting her eyes fall to the floor after giving Dom a tiny smile.
Dominik recognized Matthew's voice immediately, and the drone didn't alert him, so he finished reading the datapad before looking up. His whole world got brighter. Niki, she was here! She was here! He tried to drop the datapad on the end table but missed, sending it crashing to the floor. But he didn't care, reaching out towards her with his one arm, willing her to come closer. He didn't even notice what she carried or how terrible she looked, she was here! "N-" His mouth was suddenly dry, and his mouth couldn't decide whether it wanted to wear confusion or joy. "Niki! Niki!" Her name on his lips was breathless joy and need.

fzJSulH.png

Accessories: Force Warning Pendant on Keyring, Dasmi's Pendant, Coal Nail Polish, Transition Prescription Glasses
Zi1QX2R.png

She hesitated for only a moment before Matthew nudged her inside, spying the droid and the subtle gesture Dom had made for the pillow.

"Get on Nik." The Corellian hissed, adjusting the box in his arms as she stumbled forward with something between a smile and frown.

Setting the box down halfway to the bed before clearing the last few steps with speed.

"I'm sorry! Dom." She wrapped her arms around him, not minding anything attached to him as Matthew made a sharp hiss behind her.

"Quit it." His voice carried from over her shoulder as she hugged Dominik tight. She'd missed him. And she had pushed the thought as far into the back of her mind with reason and bull-chit that she could muster.

Now wallowing in regret at the sight of him even more.

"You fethin idiot! Did you really fight Carnifex!?" Her eyes shifting to his arm as she pulled back enough to examine him. Fixing her glasses as she could with an awkward bend of her shoulders as tears began to stream.

Effort made to not sob on him as Niki looked over Dom completely. Matthew chuckling in the background as she snapped her attention to him.

"He survived. More than most can say." The man offered, setting the cases down and scooting them closer.

IGCmu5z.png

Niki put something down on her way to him but he didn't care what it was. His right arm clutched at her as she embraced him, pulling her in even more, pulling her onto the bed with him. It was easier than he thought it should have been, she felt lighter. But he didn't care. The smell of her hair, the sound of her voice, the feel of her skin. She was back! Tears welled up in his eyes before she called him an idiot. He had to laugh, laugh with a smile and a tear rolling down his cheek. He nodded and answered as Niki looked him over.

"I did. Saved a Padawan from getting taken by him, and another from being killed. Put a bullet in him from up close." He said with pride. "But it was stupid to do, I know." He sighed and shook his head.

His left robotic arm was completely gone from the shoulder, the basic mounting structure, and still damaged, was the only thing remaining. The main nerve connection line looked as if it had been torn out, but there were bandages in place now. There were also bandages around his ribs, some of them had broken.

He hugged Niki tight again, not caring what she was in the middle of looking at, before realizing that they had brought cases with them. He looked from them to Matthew. "What's in the boxes? Luggage?"

Niki Priddy Niki Priddy

Last edited:

fzJSulH.png

Zi1QX2R.png

His laugh made her want to smack him.

The tear she saw made her think otherwise. His explanation making the muddled smile form into a perfect frown as she imagined the scene in her head.

"Bah. Force users getting their butt saved. Not often you can claim that." Her eyes still bright as she took a deep breath. "Don't make a habit of it."

The only scolding remark she had in her before she hugged him again, feeling the press of electronics from his left side and trying to scoop her arm around them instead of through them.

Their pause in hugging broken by the question of their luggage.

A wide grin appearing as Matthew kicked open the smaller box and pulled up what looked to be a new connection port for his shoulder.

"Could call it luggage I guess." The man chuckled, setting it to rest back in the box before removing the top of the longer box.

"Since you went an lost your arm, I. You'll need a replacement."

"I'd say don't do anything stupid-"

"Matt."

"But we know how the galaxy works. So. PGEM special." Matthew retrieved the new arm, holding it up out of the box and bringing it over for Dom to look at.

"It should be close to spec on what you might find handy. But. Ideas are welcome for future versions." Niki explained, sliding a hand over to the new arm before looking back to Dom.

"First part of my apology. For. Vanishing." She nodded a little before Matthew kicked her leg dangling from the bed. A sharp turn from her as Matthew slid out of range with a grin.

IGCmu5z.png

He shook his head. "I don't plan on making it a habit." And he hugged her tighter.

Matthew opened the 'luggage' and pulled out an intricate metal piece. Something new and shiny and... familiar. He didn't need to guess, it was explained soon enough. That was a new mounting piece to his shoulder, and that was... a new arm. He blinked at the sleek black profile of it and reached out his hand to touch it. A new arm. A new arm! And part of Niki's apology?

Niki turned to kick Matthew, and Dominik pulled her back in close. He tried to use his left arm to help, but he remembered once again that it wasn't there anymore. But that would be fixed soon, his new arm was just over there. Once she came close to him his only hand went to guide her lips to his. "I'll want to know the story of what happened to you later. For now I just want to hold you. And maybe hear about this new arm."'

Niki Priddy Niki Priddy

Last edited:

fzJSulH.png

Zi1QX2R.png

She narrowed her eyes to further drive the point home but relented for another hug.

The boxes being opened and contents showcased bringing a tiny smile to her face. Matthew playfully brushing the surface off after Dom touched it. The Corellian's successful escape from retribution helped by Dom as he stuck his tongue out.

Niki laughed as Dom drew her back into another hug before sharing a kiss.

Matthew thoroughly sticking his tongue out at the gesture while he returned the arm back to its box and squared both pieces away. Dom making sure to organize the waiting stories as Niki held him and began to sprawl a bit, trying to make Dom lean back while curling up against him.

A brief nod of her head as Matthew crossed his arms.

"Alright. I think I can work with that." Matthew grinned before shaking his head and sticking a thumb over his shoulder.

"I'm gonna head to the caf and get a few things. Wouldn't hurt for you both to eat." He didn't leave room for argument before heading for the door.

"Juice please!" Niki waved at Matthew as he shook his head and waved her off. "Mm. Now then."

She laid against him a bit better, holding out an arm of her own to point at. Her hand waving over the whole of her arm first.

"Songsteel and Laminanium construction. Gives you a good base against glow sticks. At least as a base layer construction. The bones of it." She began, looking up at him occasionally to see if he was listening.

IGCmu5z.png

Dom leaned back as Niki urged him too, more than happy to lay back with her sprawled against him. Matthew left to get food and joked that they should both eat. He smiled at the man as he left and looked to Niki as she began explaining the arm.

And then he realized why she had seemed so light, why Matthew had said that she needed to eat too. Her cheekbones stood out a bit too sharply, her elbows and fingers showing more bone than before. He could feel her ribs without any effort on her sides. She had lost weight, an unhealthy amount of weight. What in the world had happened to her, how had she starved? Who had done it?

She had said something and looked up at him, but he had hardly been paying attention, only catching that it would be good against Lightsabers. His eyes would be full of worried concern. His only hand came up to feel her hair. Feathery, light, not the lusciousness that usually sat on her head. "Niki, are you alright?" He asked, looking into her eyes.

Niki Priddy Niki Priddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom