Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning to Breathe Again

"Being without sight, I can not view myself. The Force though I can. Not sure if that makes any sense at all. Have you ever been blinded?"

Unsure why that question was even asked, but so many people took their own sight for granted. The few times it had been given to Jairdain, she had enjoyed it fully. ​However, she would never willingly give up the sight she had through the Force. Her ability to see beyond the surface meant so much could be seen than somebody could with just sight.

"Bend what back the same way?"

Not fully aware of how things worked on Veradune, she could only really nod to what he said.

"You are king are you not? Council or no, what you say would go through."

[member="Vulpesen"]

"Fortunately, I've managed to keep my sight, though I have been blinded through the force." Turning his head to the side, Vulpesen felt his neck pop a few times, taking a moment to get more comfortable before he spoke again. "Sight through the force is actually beneficial. I don't mean to literally look at yourself as one would into a mirror. When I use the force, I notice that it moves a certain way. It rushes out like a flood when I blast someone with a push of energy. It's a violent stream when unleash lightning from my fingers. It swirls when I call the winds to my will. You need to find out how the force moves within and around you when your storms start. And once you figure that out, you need to try and replicate it."

Hearing [member="Jairdain"] speak of his power over the world, Vulpesen could only offer a shrug. It wasn't untrue, but it wasn't the whole truth either. "I call myself a king because people understand it. My true title is Valde. I lead Veradune, but I still must answer to the council. And while I hold power, if they so desired, the council could remove me from my office. Bringing Alexandra back wouldn't do that on its own, but I'd rather not give them any reasons that might bite me in the rear in the future. I can get Alexandra her freedom to come and go as she pleases. But it will take time."

"I have a way to blind a person that doesn't use the Force. It's all in my mind. A natural defense built up when I was child to prevent those people from getting in. It allows you to actually see the way I do, but it was something unexpected by those children and allowed me to escape."

What he had to say about how the Force moved was not something she had ever thought of. To actually pay attention to it was new to her, but she would start doing it. Especially since her emotions were so closely tied to it.

"I will do so."

Just more practice to d​o but one she would while she was here. Tilting her head as he explained how the government worked, she nodded. Lady Kay had tried to do something with a council before she joined with Commenor. It had failed pretty early on and lessons were learned from it. How Vulps got it to work for him, she did not know. Then again this was one planet and not various systems. Maybe that was the difference.

"That won't happen. They are loyal to you and unless you royally screwed up...and Alex wouldn't cause that much of a stir in the great running of your government. I like you, Valde and so does she. I have the feeling coming up, we will be working a great deal together. To accomplish something very important. Something is going to bring us all together again. I don't know what though. You're going to have to be open to a great many things and she is one of them."

Falling silent this was when the Force spoke to her. Something of the future and she did not know the fine details. He might be able to help fill them in though.

[member="Vulpesen"]

"How do you know what will and won't happen? Maybe someone will sneak out information and get us attacked? Maybe some upstart lord will try to take my place. Maybe I will massively screw up and Alex will be the cherry on top that makes me a weak screw up." Placing his hands in front of himself, he listened to the rest of her suggestions and points, his brow once again furrowing. "We'll probably work together. And perhaps there's a friendship to be renewed. But we're a long ways off from anything beyond that."

[member="Jairdain"]

It was difficult for her to put into words and she didn't try very hard. Shrugging her shoulders slightly, she waited until Vulps finished.

"I'm a prophet at times and this is one moment that speaks to me. There are no further details I can give, Valde. Just what I KNOW and that is we will be working together in the future. We are going to be helping people and each other somehow. Fighting goes without saying, it as much a part of your life as it is mine. The other part though I am unsure of. Rarely are these clear to me sadly."

​Shaking her head at him, there was a lost look for a moment before she came out of it. If there had been any air movement, it was gone with her shifting moods.

"I just know I need to learn how to control...this."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Prophets... He'd heard of such force users, though he couldn't recall a time eer meeting one. He knew the force was capable of peeking into the future, and there were times, he had felt its call for things that would be. Still, it was odd to meet someone with such a skill in it that they could take such a moniker. "Well, I'll look forward to working with you. I've told you all I can. The rest is up to you. Practice, focus, and learn from yourself. The force moves as it wills to do what you wish to accomplish. You'll need to learn how to watch and study those movements."

[member="Jairdain"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom