Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Do that. If I tell her to reach out to you, reckon she'll likely think I planned it." This wouldn't be too far off the mark right now. More in control of her emotions, Danger felt well enough to move closer. She glided from the back of her desk, her steps carrying a languid rhythm of her movements. Each deliberate sway of her hips painted a portrait of captivating allure. She went around the corner of the imposing bodywood desk, strolling with the light, soft click of her heels echoing the rhythm of her thoughts.

"With her taking over MaraTibx management, it would be easy to spin it workin' with Salacia and gettin' in touch with you." she came to a poised halt at the front, settling atop the desk as though claiming her throne. With a fluid grace, she crossed a shapely right leg over the left, a gesture that exuded both nonchalance and intention, the skirt of her indigo dress hiking up just slightly past her knees. The subtle sway of her posture hinted at a quiet contemplation brewing within, a question dancing at the edge of her consciousness.

If Makai was saying home was just a construct, there was something more there than met the eye. A frown lightly perked her brow as she reflected on their previous conversations. The light rap of her finger against the glass of her whiskey quietly tinked steadily while the other lay flat against the desk to brace herself against it.

"Let me talk to him." Danger finally spoke, her soft drawl coated in that sort of motherly determination one's momma had at poking at their son's mind to see what was going on. She'd done enough of that over the years, and much like Myra, who was keen on speaking her woes to Judah, Makai was more apt to discuss freely with her.

"Do you have a copy of his schedule? Maybe I can go visit him and check on him. See if he's healin' up well. He's bound to know I'll come check on him if he got hurt."

Last edited:
pawel-janic-camera1.jpg

Danger Arceneau was coming.

Considering his father had just left not too long ago, he wasn’t surprised. No doubt the elder Dashiell had told the Trade Queen something about his plight. Makai figured word would get around to her eventually but he expected a holocall and not a personal visit.

While he absolutely loved Danger, Makai was immediately regretting the fact she was traveling all this way to see him. Just him. In a way it was nice, often when they were together he felt like the favorite son, the prodigal. It was nice for someone to unconditionally have his back in all situations, big or small.

Still, there was really no need to visit. He was fine.

Makai stood on the landing platform, enjoying the heat and humidity as he waited. It was something he could get used to on Panatha, the oppressive humidity that pulled over him like a blanket. For someone who was half-aquatic, it was comforting. Any other other species would find it quite unbearable.

Sun beat down as he faced the blazing star, feeling like a lizard basking on a rock.

While he enjoyed the weather, Makai was more than nervous for the visit. There was something more than just checking in on him, especially considering Danger was coming all this way to spend her precious time on a mining outpost.

Of course they had a great relationship. Of course he was excited and giddy that she was coming to see him, especially since he swore off stepping inside any Arceneau Trade facility. Time between them was limited and he enjoyed each minute she graced him with her presence.

Ear picked up the sound of a vessel and he straightened, smoothing his shirt and fixing his posture to one less casual.

The Jungland shuttle landed on the landing pad with a mild overwash of air. The entry ramp smoothly slid down, and the airlock hissed open before the engines could even cool. It took a few seconds, but before long, Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell would behold the wide, loving grin of the Queen of Trade herself. There, with a blue blouse, black slacks, and comfortable knee-high Nerf leather boots in all her redheaded glory.

There was no hiding her visible excitement and energy at latching that verdant gaze at the young man she still saw as the little boy with a dark mop of curls, big blue eyes, and an energetic, loving soul.

"Makai!" she called out, already waving her hand in greeting, stepping down the ramp in an excited rush to meet him. It didn't take long for her to extend out her hands, every fiber of Danger's being radiating with a motherly love that was as second nature to her as breathing. Makai was sure to be enveloped in a tight, warm, comforting embrace in a cloud of nostalgic magnolias, citrus, and just a hint of spicy clove from her cigarillos.

"Oh, honey, I've missed you!"

Watching her come down the ramp, he was highly amused by the sight. Danger Arceneau, one of the most powerful women in the 'verse, looked like a mother coming to visit her son and see if he had been eating and settling in just fine.

"Hey Mom!"

Grinning at his own words, the greeting was one harkened back to his days at university. He had been in an awkward spot in not having a female relative come for his fraternity's Mom's Weekend and had mentioned it off hand during a holocall.

Several weeks later she had shown up for the event, ruffling his hair, talking to the other mothers, and fully participating in all the events. He had even managed to convince the house Danger was his real flesh-and-blood mother who disguised her aquatic nature.

It was one of the nicest things she had ever done for him and one he wasn't going to forget anytime soon.

Makai met her half-way, tossing his arms around her in a tight hug. The half-Galan lingered for a long moment, breathing in the smell of magnolias and enjoying the warm embrace. It was closest to home as he was going to get.

Reluctant to let go, he finally did so, looking equal parts confused and excited to see her.

"I've missed you too." Having sworn off any ATC facility, among other things, spending time with the Trade Queen was tricky. "What brought you all the way out here?"

Even as Makai tried to pull away, Danger drew him back in to hold him tight. A little jingle would be heard along her wrist, drawing attention to the bracelet Makai had given her years before. Danger never took it off.

“Not yet. Just a bit more. “
Danger asked, Makai able to feel the chuckle rumble around him as full curves drew him tight and breathed him in. Even in her heels, Makai now stood taller than her. She was amazed that this handsome young man was the same bubbly talkative little boy excited to eat candies apples with her in the arcade and carnival section of the Southern Systems Bazaar. The double takes they received then, but Danger didn’t care. Seeing the light shine in those eyes and have fun and laugh had been worth letting others take care of the auctions for the rest of the day. She’d told them she had a VIP to take care of and to not bother calling for her.

The memories of that evening were still near and dear to her heart.

Hearing him call her mom was also just the best feeling in the ‘verse. He may not be a child of her womb but she loved him dearly as her own. There was nothing she wouldn’t do for Makai. Thessa Kai may have done one good thing and that’s bringing Makai into the world; but she certainly wasn’t his mother.

No she left that to the wayside and Danger was more than willing to take her place. Makai would want for nothing. Not on her watch.

I missed you something fierce,” she murmured again, giving him a squeeze, smelling the minty herb of his shampoo. All man now. But if she tried just hard enough, she just might catch the nostalgic scent of salt and Makai smell that immediately made him seem like a seven year old again.

Tears pricked her eyes and she gave herself a chide. Figures one gets to her age and it’s all about being sentimental over the silliest things.

Ohhhkay!” Danger finally let go with reluctance, peering back and drawing as arms length to get a good look at him. The corner of her mouth quirked up and she couldn’t help but flash him a teasing mothering wink.

Getting more handsome by the day! I see more of your pa in you now,” she chuckled, drawing her hand up to run her fingers through his hair in a cafune but also to fix it to its normal style. An action she’d done millions of times.

“Well your pa said you hurt yourself.” she told him, finishing up to cup his cheek and then lean up to kiss it.

“Had to come see for myself if you're doin' alright and if you need some lookin' after and tendin'” Of course, there was no mistaking the critical eye she swept over him. If Danger’s probing emerald gaze could pick up on folks state of being beyond the surface by mere glance, she could do that and more when it came to the Dashiell men. Mom mode life scan began in earnest.

“How you feelin’?” She immediately looped her arm though his so they could walk. “What happened?”

So it begins.

The relentless mom question and answer session to get all the updates on Makai’s life.

Danger loved every second of it.

Makai rolled his eyes at the mention of getting more handsome by the day. It was such a typical mother's answer, as if fawning over him would make the entire galaxy see him in a different light.

“You have to say that. What’re you going to say, I’m a hideous ogre that needs to hide under a bridge?”

A kiss on his cheek before a critical eye looked over him, as if trying to see more beyond the mere physical attributes. Makai knew well enough that when she asked if he was doing alright and if he needed any looking after it was more than just redressing bandages and heating up soup.

Arms looped together, they walked towards the entrance of the Outpost. It was nothing much, more of a waypoint in the area set up while Salacia explored and plotted their next steps in the area. Sparsely staffed, many considered it a place to drop off samples, refuel, and grab some supplies.

“I’m feeling better, even my scales have started to grow back, much to my chagrin.” Makai sighed, resigning himself to the fact getting rid of them seemed impossible. “In fact, I planned on heading back out before you came.”

Muscles were still sore but he figured he wouldn’t know how far he could push himself yet until actually going back out and trying once more. Currently most of his days were spent helping analyze samples in an attempt to keep busy.

Doors opened and they passed into much cooler and less humid air, in no rush as they walked down the main corridor together.

“What happened is a tale of stupidity. I was out surveying a desert-like planet and got caught up with a burrowing exoboar. I didn’t want to shoot it right away, so I just continued on. Got too focused on my equipment and didn’t notice how close one had gotten and tusk got me good across the chest and damaged my arm before I could shoot him. Hurt quite a bit.”

Makai shook his head. The pain hadn’t been the only thing that hurt. Ellie’s lack of response to his had been the nail in the coffin for him. It had cut deeper than any exoboar tusk. Of course, he had speculated why until his father had broken the news ; she had a boyfriend.

It had been hard to keep his feelings to himself upon hearing the words he had dreaded for years now. Yet it had hurt worse than expected, dredging up old feelings and memories from the deep.

Makai had suspected for awhile she was seeing someone, hence the lack of reply or response to any messages he had sent. It had been fruitless to try again yet he had.

“Just stupidity more than anything else. Lots and lots of stupidity.”

A deep breath and he looked at the redhead.

“What about you? What are you up to these days? Anything exciting?”

"Makai Dashiell! You think I'll give a compliment when it ain't well deserved?" she shot him a feint hurt expression, the ghost of her smile clearly indicating that his words didn't perturb her.

"Trust me when I say you are a fine-lookin' young man." she gave his forearm a gentle, reassuring pat. It wasn't alike. He was. Those Dashiell genes made their men extra pretty -- and much like a refined barrel of whiskey, they would age to near perfection.

But that was neither here nor there.

As they ambled and Makai gave Danger his summary, the Queen of Trade would muse and study the younger man. While her gaze held affection and concern, it also did its best to survey under the superficial and try to glean as much as she could beyond what words, actions, or emotions Makai displayed.

Truth be told, hearing about the near-death experience Makai had brought a chill down Danger's pine. Should she ensure that a Noghri guard is assigned to follow Makai at a distance, just as she had done with Rose, Lily, and Myra? Something to muse over.

Yet as Makai wove his tale, it was evident by the subtle nuances and ripples that swept over his face, from the way he pursed his lips, shook his head, and let his gaze wander as if his thoughts were elsewhere, meant that there was more than met the eye.

Now that they were inside, Danger gave a sigh of relief. Thankfully, it was cooler and less humid in the corridor. They arrived at a large atrium of sorts with several other hallways. Plants decorated the walls, a few of what one would consider air orchids, taking the water and nutrients they needed from host plants and the air itself.

"Mmm... That so? Sounds like I need to get you a better blaster than the one they've given you." It was a joke, but it was also not a joke. Danger was well used to being a dead shot, and Tatooine had taught her from experience just what one needed to do to ensure their survival out in the waste.

"Get Myra to give you lessons again." this was a deliberate namedrop, as the girl was also a crack shot.

"Oh, me? Well, speak of the devil, I've been having Myra take on a few more administrative duties. So she's been shadowin' me, Aeri, and Alric on negotiations." she gave Makai's forearm a loving motherly rub.

"So she's been more than a mite busy. Glad she took my advice and is takin' some time to recharge. She's actually spending time at Celestia living with your pa for a bit." more Myra information. All the while, taking subtle reads of what Makai's expression looked like.

"So that's left me with the ability to work more on a few other projects with your pa."

Makai didn't miss the not so subtle drops of Ellie's name, the hint the young heiress could teach him how to shoot once again. She had taught him back when they were teenagers and he thought the lessons went fine enough. Days on the Farm with her right at his back, repositioning his limbs or pressing so close no space as left between them.

He would be lying to say he didn’t fake missing some shots just to draw out the lessons.

“I have a StarAnvil series rifle. Little hard to use it in a timely manner though when it's strapped to my back. I just got too involved in my equipment. I would say it won't happen again but it probably will.”

He picked the corridor that lead to the laboratory before continuing on. Not knowing what she wanted to see, it was probably the most interesting part of the station, which wasn’t to say much.

“She doesn’t want to hear from me anyhow. That's very clear.”

It was apparent Ellie was keeping busy. Business negotiations. Shadowing executives. Spending time with his father. A boyfriend. Typically he didn't receive many updates on Ellie. His father refused, beyond the boyfriend revelation. Danger would speak casually now then but typically their conversations were focused on a more neutral agenda.

Most of the news he heard about her came from listening in on pieces of conversation between Danger and his Dad, which only painted a half picture. Even when he did stand out in the hallway, hidden, it had been difficult to piece together everything going on in his former best friend's life.

“Sounds like she’s very busy either way.”

A few months ago he would have jumped at the chance to find out more about her movements, what Ellie was actually working on, and how she was faring. Yet he hadn't got over the one-two punch of boyfriend and unresponsive message nor had he the time or energy to process how he felt.

Well, process how he felt beyond miserable.

Hand reached out and opened the door to the sample laboratory, two droids working autonomously on various core samples. Rows of microscopes and sensors were set up on tables for sentients.

“Can you do me a favor? Can you not mention Ellie anymore? At least not anymore today, I would appreciate it.”

Free hand gestured around the laboratory.

“Where all the magic happens. Been spending my days here while I recover.”

“She doesn’t want to hear from me anyhow. That's very clear.”

Danger frowned. Her arched brows furrowing forward in confusion, Makai would have seen had he not been too focused on walking, his internal musings, and guiding them to the sample laboratory.

"Doubtful," Danger began, her throaty voice contemplating, thinking back to the times when she'd seen Myra sigh, look at her comm, fingers scrolling through messages, only to type, then erase, then type, then finally erase again without sending any messages. Not to mention asking outright if Danger heard anything from Makai or how he's doing, soaking it in only to turn into some pining fool.

Certainly, Myra was busy, but the Myra Danger knew, would have made time for Makai regardless. Or that is, doing her best while trying to act out as if she wasn't, but really was, all while waiting anxiously for Makai's attention.

It was clear that this argument between them had gone on far enough. It wasn't right. The two had been stuck like glue, constantly in each other's space. To say that Myra didn't want to hear from Makai or was too busy for him was such a surreal concept.

Maybe I should have tried to get them to hash it out earlier. Truthfully, between Myra's therapy, Makai's therapy, universities, and Myra's training to take over more responsibilities, the girl had been so busy that Danger didn't realize how bad it had festered.

This might be a bit more complicated than I thought...

“Can you do me a favor? Can you not mention Ellie anymore? At least not anymore today, I would appreciate it.”

"She's mentioned more than once she's mis --" Danger's words abruptly stopped just as he opened the door to the laboratory, gesturing for her to come in; this time, the confusion became a heavy concern. The woman came to a halt, tipping her head back to study Makai's face. There was pain etched there. Subtle. In the purse at the corner of his lips and the slight furrow of his brow, as if needing to mentally step away from the maggots crawling in his mind, causing all kinds of foul thoughts seeped in miry clay.

"You okay?" her hand gently squeezed his forearm in concern, her own brows furrowing. The subject of Myra had seemed to cut Makai deep. Not one to push him into a state of uncomfortableness when he wasn't ready, Danger would respect the boundaries Makai set up to not talk about Myra today. However, she shelved it for discussion, perhaps tomorrow.

"Mums the word, but you know you can talk to me 'bout anythin' botherin' you."

"You okay?" her hand gently squeezed his forearm in concern, her own brows furrowing.

About to start diving in to some of the complexities of core sampling and his work on surveying lesser known planets, Makai stopped short just as he was about to get started.

Lips thinned, unsure of what to say. Makai was in a difficult position. Danger was most certainly the closest thing to a mother he had. The Trade Queen had taken him as her own, made time for him, done every mother related event under the sun. However, Danger was Ellie's actual mother, and as such that came with the knowledge that when push came to shove, the redhead would always chose her daughter. Rightly so.

"Yes and no."

That was his answer to both questions.Makai leaned against a laboratory table, facing the woman.

"I've repeatedly reach out to her with no response. This last time....this last time I got the hint. I get it now, she doesn't want to bother with me."

Makai took a deep breath. He felt like an idiot.

"Dad told me she has a boyfriend. So, I suppose it explains why she didn't answer me this time around. I get it. I wouldn't want some random guy messaging my girlfriend that he still loved her. It brings up a lot of questions she doesn't want to address, I'm sure."

He motioned broadly to their surroundings.

"So I'm just trying to focus on the future. My next steps. Coming to the realization I'm probably just going to stay out here...that I don't want to run into her again, especially with some rich bastard named Chad or Trent or Finn on her arm."

It was sobering. Not something he wanted to discuss with Danger but avoiding the subject was only kicking the can down the road, she would ask again.

"It's just too painful to hear about."

There was a lot to unpack here, that was for sure. It was not only with what Makai was telling her but also seeping out of his body language. Even as he leaned against the table, there were tells. The way his lips pursed into a thin line, the heavy exhale of breath, the gestures his arms would take. She could almost bet when he'll start crossing his arms in despondency or running his fingers through his hair in self-soothing.

Myra not responding to his messages. That she has a boyfriend - Wait, did he mean Blythe? That piece of Hutt slime, piece of chit?! Danger's mind was trying to process what the younger Dashiell told her and get to the root of the issue. The more Makai revealed to her, the clearer the picture became.

It was a comical scene to watch the Queen of Trade so discombobulated and perplexed at the story Makai was weaving for her. Her mouth opened as if to interject only to pause and close, emerald eyes widening, narrowing, then widening a new as she picked up on a few key things. By the time Makai was done, Danger had one hand on her hip, and the other came up, forefinger slightly pointed upward as she indicated for him to hold up.

"Wait, wait, wait. Myra doesn't have a boyfriend--" She paused and looked around. A core sampling lab in front of them and a wide hallway that led in two other directions. They were in a way too obvious and open location. If they lingered long, their topic of conversation would be the hottest bit of gossip to entertainment-thirsty lab technicians. "Do we have someplace else we can talk? That is, if you are comfortable?"

Expression grew curious as Danger mentioned Ellie didn’t have a boyfriend. Brows furrowed in confusion. His father had just told him otherwise. Now, he had been on some fairly powerful painkillers at the the time but he distinctly remembered every word, every nuance of the conversation.

“We can talk in the room I’ve been staying in.”

Offering his arm again, the pair made the short trip down to the residential area.

aeea717d77924058a57cd46f414d3bb0.jpeg

His room wasn’t much and Makai was basically living out of his bookbag to begin with. Most of his items were on the shuttle used for mining sensor work.

“Sorry, its just a place to sleep until I get back out there surveying. Please, go ahead and take a seat, it sounds like you’ve got a lot to say. Especially if you wanted some measure of privacy.”

Makai had many burning questions. Ones surrounding the boyfriend. Ones around how she had been faring, if she was okay, was she getting any fun in or was it all work and no play.

Yet at the same time he didn't want to hear a thing. No updates would make it easier to eventually forget her. To work up the courage to delete her contact information from his comm.

Hand ran through his hair as he leaned against the desk , waiting.

It was such a tiny little place. Barely enough room to stretch one's arms out. The mother in Danger was quick to judge and concern drew over her face regarding asking for larger quarters for Makai, until he mentioned that it was only a place to rest until he went out on the field again.

Mildly soothed, Danger took the offered seat - on the bed - and sat down. The springs gave a squeak and Danger darted her attention at the mattress with a glower. Note to self: at least get Makai a better mattress.

With a heavy exhale, the Queen of Trade drew her gaze back to the younger Dashiell, catching him just as he raked his fingers through his hair in curious confusion.

"Well, I didn't want this to end up the mess hall's latest and greatest," Danger replied wryly, the woman setting her bag beside her on the bed. Clasping her hands over her crossed knees, she studied Makai for a moment before asking," Why don't we start from the beginnin' and you tell me what exactly is goin' between you and Myra that's got you on this fix for so long?"

Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

“Oh”

Makai rubbed the back of his neck, wondering where to begin. Many of the details were of a nature Danger was sure to be unhappy to hear. In truth, he wasn’t sure how far of detail to go into. If it was his father, Makai would be much more detailed but still not lewd, he preferred a level of privacy with Ellie, even if they were likely to never speak again.

“You….are not going to be happy.”

No going back now. They were both adults now, but that still didn’t mean that Danger still wouldn’t get mad at him. There was a great concern on his end at her reaction and there was no way around explaining without details.

“So, I’ve told you about our final argument, no need to re-hash that. You remember I told her she sees me nothing more than a brother? That kissing her was a mistake? Maybe I didn’t tell you that part.”

Arms were crossed now, gaze meeting hers.

“I’ve had awhile to think about this, she’s mad because I told her these things and…uh…we did some very un-sibling like things as teenagers. On more than one occasion so it can’t even be construed as a mistake.”

“It was stupid. Hurtful. It makes sense why she doesn’t want to bother with me but six years is a long time to be mad. She could at least tell me she hates me, that's passion. Silence? Just a sign she doesnt even care.”

“You….are not going to be happy.”

Oh, this is starting out so well, Danger mused, an auburn brow slowly arching upward at the younger Dashiell. All the signs were there. The rubbing of his neck, glancing away and fixing his gaze everywhere else expect her own, the short of sheepish aura that lingered.

It was going to be one of those stories.

“I’ve had awhile to think about this, she’s mad because I told her these things and…uh…we did some very un-sibling like things as teenagers. On more than one occasion so it can’t even be construed as a mistake.”

“It was stupid. Hurtful. It makes sense why she doesn’t want to bother with me but six years is a long time to be mad. She could at least tell me she hates me, that's passion. Silence? Just a sign she doesnt even care.”

Halfway between Makai's explanation, Danger had already slid a hand over to grab her purse again and unbuckled the clasp. In short order, her hand plunged in, gave a little search, and then out came an ornate silver case. Makai would recognize it as her tried and true cigarrillo holder. A lighter followed after.

"May I smoke here?" Danger asked, seeing as there was a mighty fine lack of alcohol to take the edge off what was sure to be an even more enlightening conversation than she had originally considered it to be.

Especially when it got to the un-sibling-like actions as teenagers, for a brief moment, Danger immediately thought of her own shenanigans at nineteen with Noxu Za'tire Noxu Za'tire .

There was no mistaking what Myra felt for Makai. To a degree, Danger could rightly guess that Makai felt the same. However, things got complicated if both of them had been exploring out and about at the Farm in more ways than one.

A leveled look from those emerald cat-like eyes fixed upon Makai's ice-blue orbs. Might as well bite the slug.

"Did you sleep with each other?"

"No, go ahead and smoke. Its fine."

Growing up with his father and to a lesser extent Danger, it wasn't a big deal. Much of his childhood was punctuated with the presence of cigarras and cigarillos. In a way, it had become a rather comforting smell.

"Did you sleep with each other?"

Brows furrowed at her question. Sleep together or sex? Considering how close the pair were, in his mind, sleep was literal sleep.

"Sleep together or sex? Yeah, we slept together all the time. I can't count the number of times we crashed in each others bed or snuck over in the middle of the night to cuddle."

Makai imagined she was more concerned about the other 'sleep'.

"As for sex, no. Still carrying around the v-card. We didn't get remotely that close."

Small miracles.

It took every bit of Danger's practiced efforts to keep her expression neutral and encouraging for Makai. She didn't want him to feel backed into a corner or that she was judging him in any way. She wanted to continue to be able to be a source of confidence to him, even if the object of his frustrations was her own daughter.

Though she'd be lying through her teeth if she said she wasn't relieved to at least hear that.

So, more than kissing, less than sex, and apparently, what have you of unsibling like behavior that didn't get remotely close to sex. One could read between the lines.

A rock of her thumb on the lighter, and the flame lit the tip of a cigarillo she'd plucked from its case earlier. Sucking in so deep that tip flared a bright cherry glow, Danger studied Makai with a curious gaze as she turned off the lighter. In short order, they were put away. She didn't offer one to him as Danger knew that wasn't his vice of choice.

Maybe she should have asked if he had a stash of whiskey or brandy somewhere. Witha sigh, Danger exhaled a stream of clovey, spicy blue white smoke from the corner of her mouth.

"Alright... so, clears as day from what you tellin' me that you and Myra been foolin' around durin' those sleepovers of yours." She held her vice between two fingers, soft curls of smoke rising from its tip.

"Reckon should have considered that, seein' as by that age you'll be mighty primed up with hormones and itchin' to figure out the ways of the 'verse with the energy of a Kowakian Monkey Lizard with two peckers." Danger's tone had a wry undertone, her lips twisting in mirth in the only way a parent could express that indicated that they, as parents, should have made better choices in the past.

"So, you figurin' this confusion' ya'lls put yourself into is the reason why ya'lls upset?" Danger's brow rose once more.

Danger was asking to understand Makai's perspective. She already saw it from Myra's - the girl was just a despondent wreck, having said more than once that she missed Makai, looking at her datapad only to type something then delete it only to start once more and then just give up. There was more to the story.

"You sayin' Myra hasn't talked to you since that fight even once? No comm, no holo, not in person at all?"

hormones and itchin' to figure out the ways of the 'verse with the energy of a Kowakian Monkey Lizard with two peckers."

Makai gave a snort of genuine laughter at her description of 'figuring out the ways of the 'verse'. He didn't think they actually had been that hot-and-heavy, but what did he know? Apparently not much considering the fight and being unable to contact Ellie.

"So, you figurin' this confusion' ya'lls put yourself into is the reason why ya'lls upset?"

A nod of acknowledgment. Arms uncrossed and his ran a hand through his hair once again, in deep thought if he was even correct. They fought, some barbed words were said, there was no communication since. He had expected to see her months later all those years ago to apologize in person, take her out to dinner, and pick up where they left off.

Makai never intended to let years go by.

"I mean....I don't know what else it could be. Mind you, I just come to this revelation a handful of months ago. Being out here alone gives one a lot of time to think."

He took a deep breath.

"Would you appreciate skinny dipping in a cave, pressed together while you talked in the cold water, only to have the guy you're with say he thinks your his sister? I was just angry , not at Ellie, but unfortunately it spilled over into this final argument."

"You sayin' Myra hasn't talked to you since that fight even once? No comm, no holo, not in person at all?"

"Nothing. I've sent her some messages. A holo of me on the beach. I told her I loved her....correction, still loved her. I thought that would have at least garnered something. At least by this point, I'd even take a 'leave me alone'. "

Makai gestured wildly, clearly upset at the entire situation. At losing his friend. At letting it fester so long.

"I can't dig myself out of the hole it seems. At this point, I'm coming to the sad realization I'll never see her again. Its my own fault, I don't blame her. Doesn't make it any easier, probably makes it worse knowing its my fault in fact."

At this point, Danger gave a cant of her head to the right and just gave in.

"You have a liquor stash somewhere in here?" it didn't hurt to ask, mild amusement in her voice to hide the fact that apparently, her daughter and the boy she considered to be her son had snuck off to go skinny dipping. To be frank, it's not a surprise. Again, teenagers, hormones, and Makai had the proclivity to decide to dip in any body of water that looked deep enough to wade through. He'd done that since he was a kid, and, perhaps, to Danger's and Judah's amusement, they let him do as he will—something about that tiny blue speckled butt dashing out excitedly to take a swim.

Perhaps not so amusing when he was a teenager and continuing that habit with an easily impressionable young girl who was already head over heels in love with him.

As it was, even that detail didn't make much sense. Then again, Myra did tend to get a little overboard and extreme when it came to Makai.

"However, reckon I see your point. No girl likes mixed signals. Myra is also especially sensitive regardin' you." she took another drag. "If I had a credit for every time she mentions you, I'd be ten times richer than I am now." well, that was saying something as she blew another stream of smoke out to the ceiling.

However, Makai mentioned that he sent Myra a message that he still loved her and that he didn't get a reply. That was odd. Very odd.

"When did you send that message that you still love her?" her expression relayed that she didn't mean to rub salt in the wound; it just didn't make sense. As for him saying it was all his fault, Danger immediately shook her head, auburn hair swaying right and left.

"No, fault lies on both sides of the fence for it festerin' this long." Aware she had no ashtray, she gave a gander only to ask, "You got somethin', so I ain't tossing ash over your bed?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom