Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship LAET/I MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
High Commander of the Lilaste Order

OUT-OF-CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: Enhance an existing transport design
Image Source: Here
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: N/A
Primary Source: LAAT
vlx-mojaev-final-1.jpg

vlx-mojaev-final-2.jpg

vlx-mojaev-final-scene-4.jpg

vlx-mojaev-final-scene-5.jpg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Transport
  • Role: Troop Transport/ Support gunship
  • Length: 18 meters
  • Width: 17 meters
  • Height: 8 meters
  • Armaments: High
  • LO-34L[2], one on either side of the upper wing closest to the frame
  • Duel LO-23C[2]
  • LO-27R[2] door mounted
  • Ball turret LO-14C[2]
  • forward Facing LO-35R[2]
  • Defenses: Extreme
  • Chaff Launchers
  • Flair systems.
  • Deflector Shields
  • Squadron Count: None
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: None[1]
  • Minimum Crew: Pilot (1) Gunner (1)
  • Optimal Crew: Pilot (1) Copilot (1) Gunner (4)
  • Passenger Capacity: 36

STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Ion Engines
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Repulsorlift Engines
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Lilaste order Weapons:
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Can Enter the Atmosphere and Land

SPECIAL FEATURES

Deflector Shield Generator
Fuel Arm
Vacuum seal

STRENGTHS

1. Versatile Combat Role: Equipped with a diverse set of weapon systems, making it effective as a troop transport and a supporting gunship.
  2. Extended Operational Time: The added refueling arm allows mid-air replenishment, reducing the need to land and increasing field operational time.
  3. Enhanced Defenses: The inclusion of deflector shields provides an additional layer of protection against enemy assaults.
  4. Greater Capacity: The widened frame accommodates more troops, bolstering its transport capabilities.
  5. Self-Healing Armor: using alloys made from Laminanium, the ships hull can "heal" minor breaches or damages autonomously while out of combat . Enhancing their effectiveness.

WEAKNESSES

1. Prominent Target: Its enlarged size and profile make it a conspicuous target, especially for anti-air systems and small arms fire.
  2. Heat Signature: The transport's high power requirements produce a significant heat signature, making it detectable to thermal tracking systems.
  3. Limited Cargo: While designed to transport more troops, it sacrifices dedicated cargo space.
  4. Maneuverability Limitations: The large structure and weight limit the ship's agility, impacting evasion and rapid repositioning.
  5. Beyond Repair: even with laminanium if the Ships hill takes to much damage and or doesn't have time to repair the minor damage it will lose its ability to self "heal"

DESCRIPTION

The LAET/I MKII represents a strategic evolution in the Lilaste Order's aerial transport capabilities. This upgraded version incorporates enhanced defensive measures, including the integration of deflector shields, ensuring heightened resilience during operations. A significant design adaptation is its extended frame, allowing for increased troop accommodation, reaffirming its role as an essential transport asset. The inclusion of multiple weapon systems ensures its competency in both transport and gunship roles. However, its expansive size and robust power systems come with inherent operational considerations, making strategic deployment imperative. The LAET/I MKII stands as a testament to the continuous pursuit of excellence in aerial combat engineering.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Laphisto Laphisto

Hi there, I will be the judge for this submission.

So you've missed the link for the art, just say HERE but doesn't link anywhere. Also just add the LAAT link to primary source.

Also on second thought this feels to me more like a starship submission. So I can either move this one to starship submission catergory and you fill the template as set there or I can archive this one.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Laphisto Laphisto

Even then I would still consider it a starship as shown under the Starships 50m small craft template which includes gunships as a potential for their classification. Gunships unless they are water bound are technically starships. So please change this template over and then we will continue from there.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Laphisto Laphisto

You don't need the propulsion down anymore, you do need to add a standard features section. While your at it, you do need to add a 1 next to the none such as

Squadron Count - None: 1

And the reasoning I pulled this here, because I didn't make it clear in the first place was the vacuum sealing. Because it can go into vacuum its treated like a starship, in future I'd avoid references to vacuum seals or able to enter atmosphere in your standard features or special features because judges will treat anything that can fly and has something like that as a starship and not a vehicle sub.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Laphisto Laphisto

Excellent thanks for that, and all good.

As I said in another post to you, we are cracking down on using hyperlinked subs as just part of strengths and weaknesses, I would expand by using the strengths in those subs to help you or you could also remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom