Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Krag

Status
Not open for further replies.
planetviewcharex1.jpg

Images: http://store.steampowered.com/news/posts/?feed=kotaku&enddate=1306812599

Name: Krag

Region: Outer Rim
System: Listis System
Suns: 1, Listis, Yellow Dwarf
Orbital Position: Second planet, just inside the habitable zone.
Moons: None
System Features:
tumblr_m6i9k1A49L1r0wz38o1_500.jpg

SOURCE

The system is situated within a nebula, making its surroundings rather attractive, though it is easy to get lost within the gas cloud, or pass through it without ever locating any of the systems within the nebula. This nebula is known as the Ghost Nebula as it has inadvertently sucked in many dead vessels.
Coordinates:
Krag_zps9dtuqrzv.jpg
Rotational Period: 17 Standard Hours
Orbital Period: 164 Days

Class: Wasteland
Diameter: 4000km
Atmosphere: Type III (Breath Mask Required, Environmental Suit Suggested)
Climate: Hot/Gassy
Gravity: 1.2x Standard
Primary Terrain: Volcanoes, Mountains, Lava Pits, Lava Rivers, Barren Rock Tundra

Native Species: None
Immigrated Species: Various
Primary Languages: Galactic Standard Basic
Government: None
Population: 300 (This is a population that isn't always there. People come and go frequently. Only one individual would call the world his home.)
Demonym: Not Applicable
Major Imports: Nothing
Major Exports: None

Affiliation: Unified Rogue Order
Major Locations:
The Rogue Jedi Temple
Developed on one of barren rock tundras, this temple is the repository of knowledge accumulated by the various Rogue Jedi, as well as the meeting place and training grounds. (This will be a later dev.)

The Paladin Citadel
In the lack of a home, several Paladins, including Niamh Raste, found Krag. After forming the Rogue Temple with various other Rogue Jedi, they created a new citadel, largely below ground, to house the Paladin's. (This will be a later dev.)

Culture: The only culture is that of the Rogue Jedi who have recently set up on the world. These are a loose conglomeration of rogue forces, not actually following or leading one another. As such, Krag's existence is kept secret, and used primarily as a meeting ground.

Technology: Same as galactic standard. Only recently have the URO and Paladins set up here.
History: Krag has very little history. The few that have found the world have rarely touched down due to the inhospitable nature of the planet. It has no valuable resources of note other than an abundance of standard iron. There are no inhabitants to robe or join. It has largely remained a barren rock hidden within the gas cloud of the Ghost Nebula. On occassion a ship, derelict, will crash into the planet, but they usually fall into one of the many surface lava rivers or lakes. What is left behind is barely worth anything. Given this, and the reputation of the nebula itself, there have been very few visitors to the world. It is because of this that the URO has settled on it. It's not a love of lava and hot temperatures, or deadly gasses, it's the remoteness of it. The history of Krag is full of nothing, but it's future will see much activity.

Notable PCs: Niamh Raste (Nightmare), Gorak Lah
Intent: To create a hidden, reclusive world to serve as the home of the Unified Rogue Order.

[member="Nightmare"]

Apologies! Due to an error, I will be your judge for the duration of this submission's trip through the Codex. The system isn't perfect - it is, after all, man-made!

Now, let's get started! Here's what I need you to do first:

Give me a population - I know you said 'no permanent population', but the history says there should be at least a small number of persons, especially given that you use the words 'the URO has settled on it'. Please give me a reasonable estimate of that in this planet's population field, even if it's only a regular, transient population. You are welcome to specify the details with a few short words appended to that number.

Please tag me when you have made the requested edit, or if you have any questions. :)

[member="Ilias Nytrau"]
No problem. Rusty told me he'd be letting someone else do it when he found out who else I play.

Edit made. I went with a small number because I don't estimate any more than that small number being on the planet at a given time.

[member="Nightmare"]

Good stuff. Thanks!

Could you add some mention of what's required to be able to survive the climate and atmosphere here? At a minimum, appending that a breath mask is required to the atmosphere type number should do the trick. It pays not to assume that people will be able to infer what's required just from reading the submission as is.

Also, please put a space between each of 'Culture', 'Technlogy', and 'History', and put your coordinates image in a spoiler.

[member="Nightmare"]

Fantastic! Sorry for the wait - work has been hellishly busy.

After another look through this, I'm finding nothing else that needs altering, so I'm happy to say that this submission has received my pending approval stamp; I'll now forward it on to [member="Valiens Nantaris"] for another gander. May your planet find its way onto our map!

I thank you for your patience, and the Codex thanks you for your patronage! Should your planet be approved, we'd like to remind you that the Codex is currently closed to new submissions until after the 10th of January, so if you have any plans to send in further submissions, we'll be happy to receive them then.

I hope you have a fantastic Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom