Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Knighthood | New Jedi Order

Val_Header.png

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance

ValSword.png

Val-Prof_1.png
Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze

Valery was never one to make her own emotions or vulnerabilities the center of attention in a public setting, but when Dagon turned and pulled her into an embrace, there was no resistance, no desire to pull back. She wrapped her arms around him and lowered her head against his shoulder for a moment, accepting the comfort he offered.

Dagon had once given her a place to stay when she found out she was pregnant after the fall of her partner, and now both he and Yula were there for her again. He was a true friend who understood her struggles and gave her the support she needed to remain strong.

"Thank you," she whispered in response, her own arms tightening for a moment before she pulled back as well. Her fiery gaze then lingered a moment on his, and in that moment, the decision to shift focus again was made. This was a huge moment for Corin Trenor Corin Trenor and Jem Fossk Jem Fossk , and she wanted to show her support as well.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor then joined them to congratulate Dagon and was met with a warm smile. She was happy to see how involved he had gotten with the NJO, both by training and offering guidance, as well as his role in the ongoing conflicts.

"Alright, enough old talk."

Valery snorted, "Now you know how I feel for once when people joke around," she teased with a grin on her face before she agreed with the idea of getting some food. She stepped behind the Padawans, Knights both old and new, and glanced briefly over her shoulder to see Dagon and Yula have their little moment together. It was something she'd miss having with Kahlil, but she felt confident that she could find such happiness once again in the future.

It's what he would want.

ValSword.png

They were embarrassed—good. Later she'd insist on getting a photo of them all in front of temple for good measure.

As Jem squirmed from her embrace, Yula pulled back from them both to smack Corin's arm. "What? It's not." She grabbed a lock of hair and held it out, in front of her face to inspect anyway. "Don't joke about that!"

It was bittersweet. She'd gnashed her teeth at Dagon years ago when he'd offered their home to his Padawans, but now they were family. Not like family, but family.

Yula drifted to the side as others stepped in to congratulate both the newly minted Knights and their Master—some familiar faces like Valery and Caltin had stopped to offer their congradulations, wisdom, and reflection. Some of the Padawans in attendance congregated in the corner, witnessing an event that many hoped their own future would lead to, weighing their feelings.

Dagon's arm slipped around her shoulders as they meandered towards the mess hall—couldn't hold an event like this without refreshment, of course. "I did." She affirmed, tilting her head towards his shoulder with a muted smile. "I will miss having them so close, though. They're good at running errands." Chuckling shortly, she ran a hand through the crown of his hair. "Hey--You should be proud, Dag. Not just of Jem and Corin, but of yourself. Teaching is a big task and it's not something everyone can do successfully." Ever since she'd known him, Dagon had always taken on too much. Didn't mean that he was bad at it, though.

"And if you were going grey, I would have told you the second I'd noticed."

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze Jem Fossk Jem Fossk Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ

jand_spacer.png

Some of the thoughts on the promotions were agreeable for Jand, he could see the logic and rationale behind what was said. It was certainly an important ceremony, one that saw those involved display happiness and pride, honoring the two that had elevated their positions within the Jedi Order.

There was a part of Jand that wondered if that meant both Corin and Jem would now distance themselves from the Padawans.

Probably.

Jedi Knights were able to act independently, so being grouped with fellow learners was unlikely, unless deemed so by a Jedi Master.

"Food? Good, I am--"

Jand was content to head down toward the eating hall, however he heard his comlink beep. The Padawan glanced down, as he looked at the message sent through via holo-message, and frowned. It seemed his enjoyment of the feast festivities would have to be bypassed, due to the summons from a Jedi Master.

"I must go," Jand announced, to no one in particular, as he nodded to his fellow Padawans. "I am summoned. Good day."

With that, the Nagai turned and started to walk away into the corridors of the Jedi Temple, task at hand...

jand_spacer.png

Jand Exits.

KNIGHTHOOD
Hall of Knighthood,
Jedi Temple, Coruscant

He grinned at Yula's compliments as she ruffled his hair. The spotlight, the recognition -- all things he did not strive for were also things he couldn't deny felt good. Gave him hope. Especially when uttered by those closest to him. By her. This was her journey as much as it was his. Theirs. They had come a long way from the bitterness that plagued their love and matured in the process. In some shape and form, this Knighthood, he felt, was a milestone for their relationship as well. Corin and Jem had changed them for the better, mending the divide that both were blissfully ignoring as it grew wider.

"Thanks, pink." he squeezed her closer as the meandered towards the mess, purposefully lagging behind. It had been a while since it was just the two of them. "Y'know, I don't think growing old gives me the jeebies anymore..." his grin grew wider. "... knowing I'd grow old with you by my side."

Oh, Dag, you master of romance...

... what are you trying to finesse out of this

Dreidi Xeraic | Jem Fossk Jem Fossk | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Yula Perl Yula Perl | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Silas Westgard | Jasper Kai'el | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Kara Jade | Kai Bamarri | Jand Talo Jand Talo | Iris Arani | Briana Sal-Soren

Yula's brows arched sharply—he was planning to live long enough to grow old? That was a positive development. She sucked her teeth and responded with dry humor.

"It still should. I'm kicking you to the curb after your first grey hair."

Hey eyes lingered on the retreating forms of Jem and Corin, then the rest of the assorted Jedi. Connected, yet distant. Yula had never been one for organization, rank and file, all that. Dag was, and they'd eventually found a strange sort of balance together. It took a lot of fights, late nights, and more fights. Too many bombshells, both proverbial and literal. Passion, fire, understanding. Through it all, they'd found home in one another. She tilted her chin to him with a knowing smirk.

"If that's the way you feel, Dag, maybe you could be my first husband."

Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze @jedi dorks

Was it too desperate to dye your hair to keep your significant other beside you?

Yeah. Yeah, it probably was.

He recalled reading somewhere that the goal in life was to die young as late as possible. To the rational mind of an investigator, it sounded like a Morellian simply stating a fact, but with Yula's implied apprehension of growing old, he wondered if she'd someday drag him by the collar to go find the fountain of youth. Dagon wasn't sure how to tell her that a quest for immortality was a quest of the Dark Side. Was she going to fall? Was her corruption inevitable?

Man, stop overthinking. Giving me a headache with all this crap.

The Knight rubbed the migraine away from the bridge of his nose. All these investigations, these webs of deceptions, these conspiracies were taking a heavy toll on his mental fortitude.

"First and last." he said, a smug grin plastered across his face before he shifted into another topic; one he'd been meaning to bring to Yula for a while now, "Glad you came for them today, pink. They appreciate it. Think about making these visits more often? Y'know -- running with the Jedi some more and all that."

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom