Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Klentrada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klentrada
storm-planet-henriada-vsm.JPG

~~~~~~~~~~~~

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: I think it could be an interesting addition, also intent on using it for RP purposes.
  • Image Credit: X
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: [Embedded Throughout]
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Planet Name: Klentrada
  • Demonym: Draelvasier
  • Region: Wild Space
  • System Name: Karad System
  • System Features: Blue Star [Systems Sun], 5 other Planets, 20 Moons
  • Major Imports: Verikast, Draemidus Ore, Draelvasier Technology
  • Major Exports: Mutagens, ect
  • Unexploited Resources: Palladium, Platinum, Plasteel & Durasteel ores
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Climate: Volatile, the rotational period of Klentrada is 110 days long. Meaning, one half of the planet is always an extreme cold and the other intensely hot. This has thusly created cyclones of ice, fire tornados and a constant storm stretching across the entire planet on the equator.
  • Primary Terrain: Frozen tundras and boiling dunes.
  • Atmosphere: Type III
LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City:
- Merikad: An underground Super-Construct that is primarily focused on the creation of Mutagens and experimentation on various beasts and creatures within the Bryn'adûl military.
  • Planetary Features: There are some small, ancient abandoned mining facilities scattered across the planet.
  • Major Locations:

Western Mining Complex & Mines: The majority of mines on the planet have either been refilled or sealed via cave-ins due to the volatile weather of the planet. However in the Western Region of the planets larger alpine areas, there still remains a larger complex, likely the Miners base of operations and the attached abandoned mines. These attached mines are largely sporadic; half done. Likely as a result of the hurried evacuation of the mining facilities.

The Frozen Side:
Half of the planet, is always frozen. Reaching incredibly low temperate that could put down any living creature inside of a minute. Heavily sealed suits and heat-rigs would be required to even travel small distances during the coldest hours of this 110 day long period.

The Baking Hot Side:
Half of the planet is, funnily enough - always hot. With little room for clouds, this planet reaches such temperatures that a Human's skin would simply tear due to friction when on this planet. A human would be cooked alive inside their own body.

The Endless Storm in the Middle:
Along the equator, where the cold and warm air meet is a vicious unending storm that makes any form of technological communication nearly impossible. It is incredibly dangerous and disruptive. Note, the abandoned mining facilities.

POPULATION

• Native Species: Elemental Species, evolved to exist within the two extremes. Exotic plant-life and large animals that typically hibernate in the colder hemisphere. This may include volcanic dragons, large acid spewing plants, or cold blooded creatures - massive reptiles and chameleons. Not necessarily hostile, but unfamiliar with outside contact.
  • Immigrated Species: Draelvasier
  • Population: Heavy
  • Demographics: Wildlife | Draelvasier
  • Primary Languages: N/A
  • Culture: N/A
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: N/A
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Wealth: None - Nobody lives on Klentrada
  • Stability: High - Nothing happens here
  • Freedom & Oppression: Open frontier, there are no laws, no regulations, no civilisations.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: Non-existent
  • Technology: Non-existent
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
In roughly 785ABY, Klentrada was discovered during a push into Wild Space to discover any surviving pockets of civilisation outside of the Interior Rim, Klentrada was assigned as a potential colonisation world but was primarily sighted for its material rich undergrowth. However, the planet was deemed too inhospitable for either efforts. Being cut off from the outside, miners developed strange mental afflictions and were sent home.

Both the mining facilities and any effort to colonise Klentrada have been abandoned for nearly a century. The planet continues on, churning through its cycle.

Last edited:
Good Evening [member="Tathra Khaeus"]

This is an interesting idea, I really like the extremes presented by this planet but there are a few things I want to bring to your attention before we can more forward.

1) Region

Tathra Khaeus said:
Region: Wild Space - Kessel Sector
According to the planet template, which I have pasted below, the Region needs to be hyperlinked, since you're doing Wild Space the link can be found here.

Region: [ Link the region this system resides or describe its location relative to local star systems on the map. You can pick from the following: Deep Core, Core World, Colonie, Inner Rim, Expansion Region, Mid Rim, Outer Rim Territories, Tingel Arm, Wild Space. Unknown Regions. ]

2) Unexplointed Resources

Tathra Khaeus said:
Unexploited Resources: Palladium, Platinum, Plasteel & Durasteel components

Compnenet's aren't a real resource, but the final product of the smelting and manufacturing process. It might be worth using the world ore or resources rather than compnents.

3) Native Species

Tathra Khaeus said:
Native Species: Basic wildlife
You describe the planet as having two extremes, heat so hot that it can tear human skin with the friction, and so cold it could put down any living creature inside of a minute. Yet you describe the planet as populated by basic wildlife which don't really make sense since they'd all die. Could oyu confirm how the wildlife survive on the planet.

1 & 2 are complete, [member="John Locke"].

For 3, its basic wildlife within the context of the planet, obviously the wildlife have evolved over billions of years to survive in these habitats. So, in the larger context of the Galaxy, some of it may be exotic. Giant lava spewing plants, large volcanic krayt dragons or such. But I don't plan on subbing anything for it.

[member="Tathra Khaeus"]

Thank you for adjusting points one and two.

As for point 3, while it may be basic wildlife to you, someone else who migh want to write on this planet might not understand what you mean by that. Could you add some details to flesh out what you have in mind so that everyone is on the same page.

[member="Tathra Khaeus"]

Something along the lines of what kinda of plant and animal life you envisage existing on the planet. As you said earlier

Tathra Khaeus said:
iant lava spewing plants, large volcanic krayt dragons or such.

Enough detail that if I were to write on the planet I'd be describing the same creatures as someone else.

[member="Tathra Khaeus"] | [member="John Locke"]

This is an interesting world, though, I would like to quote from the template: "The more background you set down, the more clearly others will be able to understand your view of your creation."

At present the submission is very bare bones. When it comes down to it, this planet, is something that you've created with a lot left open to interpretation. I would suggest that you sweep through it when you have a moment and see if you can flesh out any of the sections a little more. Whether it's "Planetary Features" or maybe more information in the "History" about the "mental afflictions" that drove the miners away would be wonderful. Especially, as that certainly isn't normal. Even more information on the miners themselves would be helpful. How long did they stay? What company were they with? If the mines themselves still exist, even as ancient ruins, it night be worth listing them in the Major Locations as well to provide more detail.

Any sort of flavor that might bring more to the table would lift this submission and make it more viable. This may seem unfair to ask of a mostly uninhabited world, however, planets require a little more detail than most other submissions due to the possibility that they can be included on the map.

Just a Few Notes:

1.)
Major Imports: This planet has not been inhabited or colonised by space-faring civilisations.
Major Exports: This planet has not been inhabited or colonised by space-faring civilisations.
This conflicts with the history a little bit. It states that it has never been "inhabited" or colonized but there were miners present at one point that were definitely space-faring if they left. Even if they didn't stay it would be best to clean up this section up.

2.) Unexploited Resources: Palladium - Please link this resource. Per the Wookie, it is, "a rare and valuable substance" that many members won't recognize like Durasteel, Plasteel, or Platinum.

If you need any help with anything, please, don't hesitate to tag. Thank you!

[member="Srina Talon"]

Edited the Exports & Imports section, and linked Palladium. Added a singular remaining viable mining complex & set of mines. Additionally, I don't see how this needs to be anything more than 'barebones' why rob it of its intended mystique - makes no sense. People are going to interpret things however they want regardless of what I lay out.

I've made as much additions as I intend to for this submission. Don't feel like adding a bunch of uninspired nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom