Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Kirdo in Chains | RTL Dominion of Kirdo III

VVVDHjr.png

ARTIFICER + JEDI
RIMWARD JEDI COALITION

K I R D O

DAFO0Gf.png

It was the whistling indigenous population that had Mishel worried. The guards were undoubtedly going to notice, and if not then certainly the number of men who were not reporting back would raise suspicions. Mishel was going to make the executive decision, "Bloodborne, Corso. I'm releasing captives from this end of the facility, I'm heading them to you, take them and my speeder - and go. Do not worry about me, I've got a ride out of here." It'd require a bit of convincing and paying for one Selonian's bar tab later, but she figured it'd work out. Mishel hadn't done a stunt like this since she first met her sister Alessandra Creed Alessandra Creed back on Tatooine.

The Kitonese whistled their way toward Corso and Bloodborne. The sound of sparks and the tell-tale signs of embers and smoke could be seen and heard from where Mishel was, it meant she was aiming to pull all the aggro toward her so that Kurayami and the Padawan could get out of there. "Padawan Corso, you and I need to speak later, on Dagobah. Bloodborne, keep him safe and I promise that flask of yours is gonna be overflowing." Not that the Corellian really needed any more alcohol in that cursed thing.

Pulling at the Force as a weaver pulls on strands, she threaded sand together in a whirlwind. The fire remained a smolder as she walked turning the sand into shards of glass that would be aimed at any poor sorry sod of a patroller or guard that came near her. She wouldn't be able to hold this sort of act for long, but the Jedi Master figured she could hold it just long enough for them to all get out. Mishel patched herself into Lav, the Selonian pilot of the Princess Leia. Of course, he cursed at her in at least eleven different languages, there was no way the Leia could hold in such winds.

Well, she was going to have to, and Mishel promised to find a shipwright to get the ol' girl upgraded. As soon as the first bloke appeared in that disgusting slaver-marked armor. She took aim and fired off the shards when another tried to approach from behind she quickly sent glass flying, at the very least for the face-covered lot they had to dodge, the uncovered ones - well. They fell from quite a height, her lightsaber would snap into place just as the last of the shards went flying. The Sentinel's guiding yellow beam thrummed and crashed into armored men who dared to stand in her way. The lightsaber's glow illuminated the derelict vessel as the Jedi Master continued on her path.

DAFO0Gf.png

Well at least Mishel was making sure that the Padawan was understanding that what he did was good, but could have put the objective at risk. While it was hard not to take those times personally, you got used to it after a while. It was all part of learning how things were done, and weighing the risk against the gain. In the kid's situation he'd have done the same but he had always been a shining example of, 'Do what I say not what I do.'

At least the Padawan acknowledged that he heard him and did exactly that, staying nearby, moving only as far away as was needed to cut open the holding cells. The size of the natives and the fact that they were constantly whispering to one another was not going to help things. Certianly it would make any level of stealth far more unlikely to actually work. Cailen was trying to keep them quiet however that seemed to only go so far in actually silencing them. The kid was quick to patch into the team comms and when he did Kurayami switched channels as well so that he could keep tabs as they started towards the speeders.

Mishel was sending the second group of refugees towards their...well now his position. As of now the kid hadn't gotten too far forward of the starting point. Should he have stopped the lone Paddie? Yea, probably. Did he think about that in the moment? Not in the least. It was true that the unconscious guys were either going to be waking up soon and that their comrades were going to be making the discovery that the patrols still weren't back. No matter how old the ration packs weren't THAT bad. The sparks and embers may not have been seen from where Kurayami currently stood, but there was a growing unease that something was about to go very wrong. Everyone around him was still out cold, and he had to make a choice fast. Take Mishel's orders and hope she really did have a ride out of here or take the Corellian route and make a hell of a gamble. He didn't like either option to tell the truth. Drawing a deep breath he bit his lip before responding and waving the natives forward doing his best to kep them calm and quiet as he moved to catch up with Cailen. Switching to an encrypted channel to Mishel for a moment. "I don't like this in the slightest. We came in as a group and we should be leaving as one. I'm not even convinced you do have a ride out. If I find out later you pulled out a plan like I woulld have, while proud, I am still going to be very cross with you. No amount of alcohol will make up for that."

After switching back to open comms he could hear the beginnings of a fight that he sadly was not there for. So far all was clear on his end, and boring as it may be, he hoped it would stay that way.

Redarr Syko

R

rtl-cover-png.102

hmy39WQ.png

Despite the unfolding situation, Redarr had been largely silent on matters as his colleagues and bridge staff conversed around him. He was paying attention, but this situation was one that particularly disturbed him and he wished to speak only when he could adequately convey an actual message rather than express his outrage at the travesty. He was no intelligence officer, nor was he one for financial dealings but what he lacked in those area's he more than made up for in the political arena and what was occurring on Kirdo III was something that he feared would only continue to occur. At last, when his colleagues had launched into possible solutions for this crisis, Redarr steps forward, hands behind his back as he slowly paces, a nervous habit that he picked up over the years and could never quite shake.

"A precedent has been established here. While we might indeed find both the leadership and financial backers of these beasts, the larger issue remains. Slavers and raiders have been an issue for years, but this sort of operation? What purpose does it serve, especially considering the number of resources that we will invest in order to rebuild and restore some sense of peace in this sector of the galaxy."

The older man pauses for a moment, looking at those gathered with a look of concern, a darkness overtaking his features.

"This is only the first taste of what is to come. At first, it will be worlds like Kirdo, worlds that pose obvious targets considering their lack of protection and relatively small population. Yes, the League and the Jedi will eventually arrive to restore order, providing more aid and assigning more warships to patrol the sector. But soon we will be stretched thin, fleets broken up to protect more and more systems. But what happens when we are simply spread too thin, are resources diverted to aid those who are harmed by these attacks?"

He purposely left his question unanswered, for the results of such a calamity were unknowable. Full-scale invasion? An erosion of the founding principles of the League? Perhaps something far more sinister that even he could not imagine. But he did act quickly to at least dissuade his colleagues from any notion that he was arguing for the "survival of the fittest".

"I am not suggesting we abandon these worlds, but as we have pointed out we must pull the whole operation up, root and stem. Not only that, we have to find some way to prevent this sort of attack from happening again, at least until we can properly discuss the notion of more aggressive militarization on our behalf. Every Leauge system must prepare itself for a coming storm but from where... that I cannot say."

Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav Redarr Syko

hmy39WQ.png
"Possibly," Mya said with a shrug, "Or they are using slaving to fund their primary purpose. It is hard to tell so early in the investigation. And I see no reason not to talk with the Kitonak leaders about getting permission to establish some outposts, if they desire, or perhaps some orbital stations if they would rather us not be on the surface." At Kel's comments, she gave an ironic half-smile. "Force keep me from preventing Bothans from doing spy work. But I will focus on unraveling the intrigues as best I can."

Redarr spoke then and Mya listened, lips pursed, tracking the man's pacing with her eyes. It wasn't entirely surprising. As far League government officials, he was among the oldest and from an older political mold. Militarization was an interesting leap to make, but she supposed it was not surprising from a world with a major shipbuilding presence and history. Still, it was something she would have anticipated from Ariel and Eriadu.

"Militarization is rarely the answer, at least in the long term," Mya said after contemplating her words. "But yes, you are right- it is more than cutting off buyers and financiers or even ending the operation root and stem," she took a deep breath. "At the strategic level, the League's philosophy has been to redo the entire planter. Corruption and crime thrive in desperate and impoverished environments where there do not appear to be other ways forward, affected by other cultural factors and political elements. Infrastructure and economic development of member systems have always been our primary focus. Investing there will pay off more in the long run across a wider array of people and continuously increase the amount of resources the League collectively has access to, meaning there will be resources for more ships, more Ranger Companies, and more Defense Fleets. It may not be as quick or initially satisfying as the use of force, but it addresses the root problems to remove much of the forces that drive people to turn to crime of any sort, frankly. It won't eradicate crime, of course, but it will keep many from choosing that path, and by empowering the local populace to be in charge of these developments, we prevent ourselves from acting as colonizers and developing savior-complexes."

She considered how far to push the philosophy, at least now. It was an uncommon perspective in the galaxy, at least as far as she could tell. Militarization had not saved the initial Galactic Alliance nor the Galactic Republic. The cost of a battlecruiser could build an entire continent worth of tech and trade schools that would teach and instruct people far longer than the useful life of a capital ship. And each of those students would go forth and have their own influences and hopefully beneficial impacts, if they stayed. That was the hard part. They had to create both the means and the incentives to keep the students in the Outer Rim, rather than heading to the Core or even the closer Midrim.

"I share your feelings," Mya added after a moment with a sad smile. "I'm furious- both at the indignity of these actions and at my personal helplessness. But I can work to change what motivates sentients to engage in this exploitation and oppression in the first place."

VVVDHjr.png

IMPERIAL + DIPLOMACY
RIMWARD TRADE LEAGUE

K I R D O

hmy39WQ.png

Finally. Ariel thought when Redarr Syko spoke, a voice of reason. They understood exactly what needed to be done, however; Ariel wasn't entirely sure she would've been so forward. However, the woman was glad to know there was someone of like-minded thinking in the room. Once Jesel had, had their say, Ariel spoke up again. "If I may," an interjection, "during my tenure as Grand Moff with the First Order, we built a program that not only rebuilt our core worlds but allowed them to become self-sufficient and to this day they are better for it. I agree that empowering local governments and indeed, indigenous populations should be at the heart of the programme, however..."

Ariel's voice trailed off for a moment as she thought about the next set of words.

"I believe if this is approached with the ideals of applied anthropology, and that is to say keep cultural roots in mind. We can better work with the populations who have chosen to join the Rimward Trade League, and indeed enable them to better defend themselves. Yet, I believe I have to agree with our colleague, while I can certainly understand your fears regarding militarization." It was always better to have the might of a navy, and an army at your backing.

Economic investments and infrastructure were nice and yes, quite necessary when building and investing in a system's population. Ariel was all too familiar with the process, "it is good to see that the Trade League invest in the people, investing in defenses can only help people feel secure in knowing that they made the right choice in choosing to join you." A slight pause as she looked over at her colleague, and recalled how his features darkened. "But, I believe this debate of militarization can be held at another time, for now, know that I will do what I can to help Kirdo and other worlds impacted by these slavers."

Kel Se'Taav Kel Se'Taav | Breha Sal-Soren | Mya Jesel Mya Jesel | Open to Interaction

Last edited:
Objective: III
Tags- Jun Chiyo

"Definitely light oriented, its an almost calming feeling." Aiden said as he matched her grin as led the way along the stream, making sure to keep careful footing along this rocky and wet surface. The Padawan wondered if this place had ever been discovered before, it would be cool to excavate this place if they found some Jedi history here.

"Hey look!" Aiden spoke with a smile as he nudged Jun, pointing towards a portion of the wall above them. "Crystal deposits!" They had a small light blue glow to them. "I bet you anything there is a larger deposit of crystals down here, perhaps something else." Aiden inquired as they took a small turn and the path widened before them a bit.

"Maybe, even a secret temple." Aiden said in a small wonderous voice, the thoughts of such things brining warm thoughts to his mind. "That would be cool, right Jun?" The padawan said as he turned to look at her, showing a rather silly goofy grin, excited beyond anything about this venture.

hmy39WQ.png

lf6czeQ.png

Kel pursed his lips as the others spoke, his Concordist background heavily painting his ideas for the League's direction when it came to militarization. Both Councilman Syko and President Jessel had valid, admirable viewpoints, and despite detestable ties to the First Order, Madame Yvarro seemed to sit in the agreeable middle of the matter.

"What matters most," the Bothan said, changing the subject back to the Kitonak, "is making sure that Kirdo is safeguarded against slavers and pirates in the future. The rest can wait for another day."

"Leaving them with our support once the slavers are driven back is the biggest concern of mine. Once things have settled, reinforcing them with a League presence would be most wise."

Personally, the ex-Senator felt that his political agenda in the Senate still very much applied here in the League; Small, defensive militaries were the best way to circumvent the pitfalls of imperialism - perceived or actual - while still protecting the member worlds and their people. He certainly felt that the Kitonak would agree that their customs and heritage outweighed the value of military bases and garrisons of troops.

He offered a summatory nod to the assembled Councilors and delegates, then to Breha Sal-Soren. The two of them had much work to do if they wanted to catch these slavers before their next operation, and the gathered staff were more than equipped to monitor the situation in their absence.

"It's been an honor, my friends. Unless there is anything else, I believe Miss Sal-Soren and I have matters to attend to. Many favors to call in, backs to scratch, and whatnot."

He turned to depart, flashing a warm smile to the others aboard the bridge.

"We've done fine work today."

FINAL POST

Jun Chiyo

J

lDaoVxa.png

Location: Kirdo III | Objective III | Soundtrack: Rose Bouquet

WyqnG5p.png

She… hadn’t considered the possibility of a forgotten temple.

Jun's initial reaction was one of disbelief, but the more she thought on it, the less silly Aiden’s idea seemed. The galaxy was a big place, and the Jedi spanned thousands of years in its history. Why couldn’t there be a ruin on Kirdo? After all, she’d never thought a Jedi temple on Dagobah would exist, yet through the twists of fate, she found herself training there.

“That would be amazing,” she said, her jaw still open as she marveled at the glowing crystals.

She withdrew a holopad from her bag, cataloging the crystalline outcropping for later studies. when she was satisfied with the photos, she hurried along to catch up with Aiden. Jun couldn’t help but smile at his wanderlust, he was so full of life and energy that she expected him to start bouncing around at any moment.

Part of her wished she had even a fraction of that. But it was a trait you were born with, not one you could learn from a book or through training. Overflow from her companion would have to do, for now at least. Jun looked to Aiden, tilting her head as she asked a question.

“What made you think to come here, of all places? To Kirdo, I mean.”

She looked to her holopad, swiping through the images of the crystals. It had proven to be a worthwhile delve, but… what led him here? Dumb luck? A gut feeling? Some strange, second-sense for adventure?

“How did you come upon this place?”

Tags: Aiden Porte Aiden Porte

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom